Pearl Jam to play New Orleans Jazz Fest

Comments

• ugh. oh that.... :(

hmmm.............
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    Am I missing it, or does it show what specific day Pearl Jam is playing?

No, just the 2nd weekend. But you can buy a single-day ticket and it's good for any day of that weekend.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • NickyNooch wrote:

No, just the 2nd weekend. But you can buy a single-day ticket and it's good for any day of that weekend.

Ah, thats what I was wondering... if you could by a 1 day pass and if it works any day that weekend.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    NickyNooch wrote:

ahh... thanks for that info
  • OK...

I am REALLY bummed that the festival maps out all of the front several rows for VIP's that pay 600.00. One of the main reason I like to go to the festivals is that all the fans can group together and get on the rail, which we can hardly ever do here in the US. That shit should be earned, not purchased.

*sigh*
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    sweet
    this adds a bit of credence to the east coast in May rumors
    I will pass on NO
    I am done with US festivals-at least I think so
  • Evergreen wrote:
    OK...

I am REALLY bummed that the festival maps out all of the front several rows for VIP's that pay 600.00. One of the main reason I like to go to the festivals is that all the fans can group together and get on the rail, which we can hardly ever do here in the US. That shit should be earned, not purchased.

*sigh*

For that reason, I may pass up this festival.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    how do these one day tix work?

what's to prevent 200,000 PJ fans from buying a one day ticket

and then only showing up on PJ day?

then what?

how long will PJs set be?

how long has the headliner played in the past?

and yes VIPs get special treatment... welcome to reality
  • Lambchops wrote:
    how do these one day tix work?

what's to prevent 200,000 PJ fans from buying a one day ticket

and then only showing up on PJ day?

then what?

how long will PJs set be?

how long has the headliner played in the past?

and yes VIPs get special treatment... welcome to reality

I have NEVER been to a festival where the VIP's had the front section. They are almost always to the side, or on the side stage.
    Evergreen wrote:

I have NEVER been to a festival where the VIP's had the front section. They are almost always to the side, or on the side stage.
    jazz fest is not bonaroo

very different
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:

jazz fest is not bonaroo

very different

Beale Street, ACL, Coachella, Mile High, Lolla, Bonaroo, Summerfest, Bamboozle, Outside Lands, Monolith, Jazz Aspen, Blues and Brews...amongst others that I have been too have never taken the front rows.
  • Odd there has been no official announcement on this site, but tickets go on sale in like 20 minutes.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

Evergreen wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:

jazz fest is not bonaroo

very different

Beale Street, ACL, Coachella, Mile High, Lolla, Bonaroo, Summerfest, Bamboozle, Outside Lands, Monolith, Jazz Aspen, Blues and Brews...amongst others that I have been too have never taken the front rows.

give it time... give it time... money talks

i just called for more info but got a machine

i think this is their first year doing it?
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Odd there has been no official announcement on this site, but tickets go on sale in like 20 minutes.

not really odd

plus 10c is sleepin ;)
  • http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... /post.html

This article is troubling because it speaks of a scrapped tour!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Some info on NO Jazz Fest:

You can either buy a single day admission ticket to the first weekend or the second weekend. Thus, weekend 1 tix are good for one day Fri-Sun (and can only be used once).

Also note, Jazz Fest does not sell out. They will sell as many tickets as possible, so don't worry about getting tix when they go on sale. You can buy them at the gate if you need to. I've been to days when there were over 100,000 people there.

And finally, Jazz Fest is better than any other festival in the US. Sure it has become a little commercial over the years, but they celebrate music and New Orleans. How can you go wrong?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    looks like a road trip to New Orleans is in order!! well...maybe we'll fly. 8-) still hoping this means they'll make a stop in Texas around this time as well. excellent news!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • stotstot Posts: 207
    Last year the front of the stage was blocked off & guarded for people with either VIP for Krewe tickets. but it was that much area in front. I still felt close to R7 from behind the line.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    looks like a road trip to New Orleans is in order!! well...maybe we'll fly. 8-) still hoping this means they'll make a stop in Texas around this time as well. excellent news!!!!
    Last night I said...

NEW ORLEANS HERE I COME!!!!!!!

This morning I said...

NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING TO NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe

I am thinking I will change my mind 5,348,342 times before April...

hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Last night I said...

NEW ORLEANS HERE I COME!!!!!!!

This morning I said...

NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING TO NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe

I am thinking I will change my mind 5,348,342 times before April...

hehehehehehe

hmm....that sounds familiar!! haha just kidding, Speedy. i think we're going to go...i love New Orleans & i've always wanted to go to JazzFest.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am going to wait it out. There is no reason for me to rush this decision. If other dates come along, I'll see what those are. If nothing ever comes along, I'll probably wind up going to NO.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    I am going to wait it out. There is no reason for me to rush this decision. If other dates come along, I'll see what those are. If nothing ever comes along, I'll probably wind up going to NO.
    And just 3 short days ago we talked to each other....

And both of us agreed that we dont need to go to any shows anytime soon....

Once again...

WE ARE BOTH FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Evergreen wrote:
    this fest is different-not comparable to rock fest or smaller blues and jazz fests
    hard to explain, but its been very popular with VIPs for a very long time

anyway, we shall see-hard to believe they would have a VIP front section for MMJ or PJ
  • JazzFest is not really like other festivals, so if you're tired of typical festivals (which I usually can't stand), JazzFest is still worth it. It's cheap, the food is reasonably priced and delicious, it doesn't sell out, it's a huge community event as well as an event that people return to from all across the globe year after year, plus it's in New Orleans. It's in a league of its own and Pearl Jam just makes it that much more of a sweet deal. It's a good excuse to get back to NOLA :)
  • TDunkTDunk Posts: 11
    Get_Right wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:
    this fest is different-not comparable to rock fest or smaller blues and jazz fests

anyway, we shall see-hard to believe they would have a VIP front section for MMJ or PJ
    believe it
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Flagg wrote:
    Exactly- I've always wanted to see a PJ show in New Orleans, but I was hoping for a regular show. I went to Roo a couple of years ago- and had the time of my life- but there's nothing like a proper PJ show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    SR272380 wrote:
    Some info on NO Jazz Fest:

You can either buy a single day admission ticket to the first weekend or the second weekend. Thus, weekend 1 tix are good for one day Fri-Sun (and can only be used once).

Also note, Jazz Fest does not sell out. They will sell as many tickets as possible, so don't worry about getting tix when they go on sale. You can buy them at the gate if you need to. I've been to days when there were over 100,000 people there.

And finally, Jazz Fest is better than any other festival in the US. Sure it has become a little commercial over the years, but they celebrate music and New Orleans. How can you go wrong?
    thanks for the info!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    TDunk wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:

believe it
    crazy
    but I have zero interest in this anyway
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    JazzFest is not really like other festivals, so if you're tired of typical festivals (which I usually can't stand), JazzFest is still worth it. It's cheap, the food is reasonably priced and delicious, it doesn't sell out, it's a huge community event as well as an event that people return to from all across the globe year after year, plus it's in New Orleans. It's in a league of its own and Pearl Jam just makes it that much more of a sweet deal. It's a good excuse to get back to NOLA :)
    How cheap is cheap? I can't seem to find the link to the single day tickets or any info on them. When do the single day tickets go onsale?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com