Pearl Jam to play New Orleans Jazz Fest

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,272
    Well, I am sure this was booked a few months ago. Hopefully, it just means plans and dates changed for the north american shows. I am sure this guy does not know the 2010 schedule. Hopefully.

Yeah but this does throw a curveball into the whole 2010 tour here ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Well, I am sure this was booked a few months ago. Hopefully, it just means plans and dates changed for the north american shows. I am sure this guy does not know the 2010 schedule. Hopefully.

I hate curveballs.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i would think the organizer of the festivals would so know they can book pj or not. hopefully things have changed. it bit very odd for pj to not tour the east coast or "mid west" or "south" after releasing a cd.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I agree, but I just don't see them playing a lone date in New Orleans and nothing else. Maybe they have not finished their headling dates yet, or Coachella changed things if they are playing there too. Of course 2007 proves me wrong in Chicago, Just trying to stay positive for North America.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Now let the speculations begin .........

No tour

Def tour :roll:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    That's quite the lineup!

Wow!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I agree, but I just don't see them playing a lone date in New Orleans and nothing else. Maybe they have not finished their headling dates yet, or Coachella changed things if they are playing there too. Of course 2007 proves me wrong in Chicago, Just trying to stay positive for North America.
    agreed
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Now let the speculations begin .........

No tour

I know. If 10c puts a post up today, all they would have to say is additional dates to follow. Or like the first Euro post, just put all the TBD dates up so we know.
    Now let the speculations begin .........

No tour

I know. If 10c puts a post up today, all they would have to say is additional dates to follow. Or like the first Euro post, just put all the TBD dates up so we know.

Yeah that would be so easy somehow i don't see that happening at all :twisted:
  • North American Tour in May and then Europe. It makes sens.
    Let's hope they do the "Places we haven't been to over the last 4 years Tour"

Please, come to Montreal!
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    edited December 2009

not at all... why?

pj likes appears to like three week legs (approx) with like three week breaks...

play first three weeks of may... approx.. then leave to dublin on like the 16th of June. Sounds according to plan!

Jose... WE GOING TO NOJF?
    Post edited by GTFLYGIRL on
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

not at all... why?

pj likes three week legs (approx) with like three week breaks...

play first three weeks of may... approx.. then leave to dublin on like the 16th of June. Sounds according to plan!

Jose... WE GOING TO NOJF?

Only if it's as close as they would come to us here .. like i said let the speculations go wild :lol:
  • great news..will be a long year... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Hmmm .... interesting news indeed. Maybe what happened is that the NA tour that was supposed to go before Europe was moved to August/September.... Like others have said, I just can't see them not playing the big cities in the North East on the Backspacer tour....
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Damn, I wish the Black Crowes and Pearl Jam were playing on the same weekend!! Oh, well.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Damn, I wish the Black Crowes and Pearl Jam were playing on the same weekend!! Oh, well.
    Me too. The lineup on PJ's weekend is not the greatest....
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    just do what I'm going to do, by a single day pass for the second weekend for any one day... (I agree the second weekend line-up isn't as good)... However, maybe we'll get lucky and the Dead Weather will open for PJ like they did sunday at ACL... they were awesome...

Gonna make the drive from Houston for this bad-boy, anyone wants to carpool let me know... the RX-8 will be doing 100 mph to the thump for Leash the whole f**kin way.

Let's all just hope for some more love for the South... Especially Texas...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

I have always wanted to see those two share a stage. My two favorite bands.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    it's not the greatest, but there are some killer bands playing that weekend
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    it's not the greatest, but there are some killer bands playing that weekend
    It's a tough call for me. A good friend of mine moved to NO a few months ago and my only be there for a year or two - I'd love to visit and this would be the perfect excuse. BUT, flights aren't cheap, hotels will cost a major premium that weekend and it is a festival show ... decisions, decisions....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    BeerBaron wrote:
    It's a tough call for me. A good friend of mine moved to NO a few months ago and my only be there for a year or two - I'd love to visit and this would be the perfect excuse. BUT, flights aren't cheap, hotels will cost a major premium that weekend and it is a festival show ... decisions, decisions....
    I'm sure they are going to announce some more shows around the festival like they usually do- if this is it, I'm there for sure
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I had to learn about this from a co-worker who only knows of PJ because of me. After he told me he had heard on the radio that they were going to be there, the first place I checked was the Ten Club news feed. :oops: When will I learn better?

I then went to the local news papers website and there it was, on the front page in all of it's wonderful glory : "Pearl Jam To Co-Headline Jazz Fest ' 10"!

As much as I would love to see them at the mini-dome (foe those of you not familar with N.O. weather in April & May expect 90+ degree heat with sticky and nasty rain and humidity) just having the guy's back in my home state is awsome.

Now hopefully I can talk my wife into letting us bring the baby. She needs to Experience PJ soon so that she can know what a great rock show is. Keeping my fingers crossed on that...
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • For those thinking about flying... looks like a couple airlines are offering discounts for jazz fest travelers!

http://www.nojazzfest.com/travel/airlines.php
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    Hmmm .... interesting news indeed. Maybe what happened is that the NA tour that was supposed to go before Europe was moved to August/September.... Like others have said, I just can't see them not playing the big cities in the North East on the Backspacer tour....

I dont understand this at all? How would news of a spring time show North America be indicative that there arent going to be spring time shows in North America? I think completely different from you. 8-)
  • Only if it's as close as they would come to us here .. like i said let the speculations go wild :lol:

Ha. So... I doubt you are going to NOJF. I, on the other hand, may just have to hit this up. Although... MY speculations... :P include a bunch of shows waaaay closer to home than New Orleans! :)
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I dont understand this at all? How would news of a spring time show North America be indicative that there arent going to be spring time shows in North America? I think completely different from you. 8-)

i think hes talking about the fact that they said the North American tour was scrapped for May and they are only playing this 1 show.
  • metsfan wrote:
    Pearl Jam initially intended to launch a North American tour at Jazz Fest, Davis said. When the band scrapped plans for the tour, the Jazz Fest date also seemed doomed. However, Pearl Jam's representatives called back to say the band still wanted to play the festival. So far, Jazz Fest is Pearl Jam's only announced American festival date for 2010.

seems odd pj would scrap a tour

i can't see pj fans digging jazz artists just for 2.5 hours of pearl jam.

There's a lot more than just jazz at Jazz Fest - everything from world music to rap to rock... it's a pretty cool festival, you should have a blast. Actually, everyone who comes to New Orleans has a blast :twisted:
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Am I missing it, or does it show what specific day Pearl Jam is playing?

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• NickyNooch wrote:
    Am I missing it, or does it show what specific day Pearl Jam is playing?

I think it is just noted the second weekend right now
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    cpsilo1 wrote:
    The local New Orleans paper posted the story, and then quickly pulled it....however google captured the headline:

http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=author%3A%22Keith+Spera%22&scoring=n

Enjoy
    oh- does that put them here in Atlanta then In April too? :) that would be nice- springtime flowers and PJ- what more could a girl ask for?