NFL playoffs....

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    chris berman needs to go away....NOW!!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Brett Favre forever !!!!

Tony Romo NEVER !!!!!!!!

sorry, I'm just pumped for this game !

I have not been in this good of a mood in a looooooooong time !!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    Brett Favre forever !!!!

Tony Romo NEVER !!!!!!!!

I was so fucking pumped for Kurt Warner yesterday....
    Havent looked forward to a game like that, in 10 years......

Now I dont give a fuck who plays in the Superbowl....hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    norm wrote:

Chris Berman needed to go away a long time ago.

he is more full of himself than Jimmy Johnson, if that's possible.
    Nice shirt.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the wolf wrote:
    Brett Favre forever !!!!

Tony Romo NEVER !!!!!!!!

I was so fucking pumped for Kurt Warner yesterday....
    Havent looked forward to a game like that, in 10 years......

Now I dont give a fuck who plays in the Superbowl....hehehehehehe

I would just love to see Favre go out on top.

yeah, that game yesterday was a HUGE let down !
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

I would just love to see Favre go out on top.

yeah, that game yesterday was a HUGE let down !
    Yeah...

I will be rooting for Brett Favre today......

Win one for us old guys!!!!! hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    norm wrote:

truth

i sit down to have my breakfast and turn on espn to get ready for todays games and this asshole is doing the saints-cardinals game and he starts that "WHOOP" shit while calling reggie bush's runs and i about kicked the tv in...who the fuck likes that shit? sorry, but you gotta be brain dead to like berman's shtick anymore :roll:
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

truth

i sit down to have my breakfast and turn on espn to get ready for todays games and this asshole is doing the saints-cardinals game and he starts that "WHOOP" shit while calling reggie bush's runs and i about kicked the tv in...who the fuck likes that shit? sorry, but you gotta be brain dead to like berman's shtick anymore :roll:

yeah, his shtick is so forced, so predictable....so overdone.

he tries to create excitement, create drama when it really isn't there.
    although he was entertaining years ago, but that's long gone.

Berman needs to go Back Back Back to where he came from.
    Nice shirt.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    norm wrote:

Chris Collinsworth is worse than both of those two.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,629
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Love to see "The U" fuck up. Ray Ray with a helmet to helmet in the end zone (you should be in jail asshole) and Ed Reed with a big fumble.

ah yes, the U. the dallas cowboys of college football. f the U! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Love to see "The U" fuck up. Ray Ray with a helmet to helmet in the end zone (you should be in jail asshole) and Ed Reed with a big fumble.

ah yes, the U. the dallas cowboys of college football. f the U! :mrgreen:

F the U is right!

Ed Reed possibly retiring
    Pretty brutal playoffs so far. 1 good game I think.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah nothing but blowouts.

Go Saints!!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    so the real saints showed up yesterday... and the same old cowboys showed up today. :D

1 vs 2 next week. that one is gonna be interesting. i think i'm rooting for farve and childress though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Removing whom you pull for, this has been the worst playoffs in recent memory.

Just painfully boring.

With 7 minutes left in the Vikes/Cowboys game, combined score of the 3 games this weekend ... 93 - 20.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    so the real saints showed up yesterday... and the same old cowboys showed up today. :D

1 vs 2 next week. that one is gonna be interesting. i think i'm rooting for farve and childress though.

Damn ALL BLOWOUTS so far this weekend which sucks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just painfully boring.

With 7 minutes left in the Vikes/Cowboys game, combined score of the 3 games this weekend ... 93 - 20.

seriously, the only time i watch the nfl and so far all the games have been boring...let's hope the jets-chargers can sa...ah never mind ;):lol:
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just painfully boring.

seriously, the only time i watch the nfl and so far all the games have been boring...let's hope the jets-chargers can sa...ah never mind ;):lol:

Well, it was last week's 4th game that finally brought us a good game.

Hope is a good thing, norm.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Worst part is we have to listen to the media suck Brett Favre's dick all week. Ugh.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • yeah its been an awful playoffs so far, but any day the Cowboys lose is a good day. seeing them get blown out is hilarious.
    Flagg wrote:
    Worst part is we have to listen to the media suck Brett Favre's dick all week. Ugh.

while brett is sucking it as well ;)
    100 - 20.

:x

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    MrSmith wrote:
    yeah its been an awful playoffs so far, but any day the Cowboys lose is a good day. seeing them get blown out is hilarious.

kinda gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling too.. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just painfully boring.

this is the only time you watch the nfl norm? are you strictly a usc/college fan since there's no team in la or something?

jets/chargers is actually turning out to be a good one
    www.myspace.com
    this is the only time you watch the nfl norm? are you strictly a usc/college fan since there's no team in la or something?

i grew up going to sc games...the pro option was the r(l)ams and then the raiders :roll:

for me, college is just more exciting...the nfl is predictable and boring imo and since we haven't had a pro team in 16 years i couldn't care less about the nfl...but i will root for teams with former sc players so

GO JETS!! :D
    Holy fuck!!!! I can't believe this shit!
    norm wrote:

i grew up going to sc games...the pro option was the r(l)ams and then the raiders :roll:

for me, college is just more exciting...the nfl is predictable and boring imo and since we haven't had a pro team in 16 years i couldn't care less about the nfl...but i will root for teams with former sc players so

I am with you Norm, I prefer college to the pros as well. Grew up going to PSU games and was always a Giants fan but college just feels different to me.
    norm wrote:

does anybody out there still follow the rams in st louis? any old diehards still root for them? i've always wondered about that. back in the 80's the eagles came this close to moving to phoenix. i would have been 7 or so when that happened. philly probably would have gotten an expansion team or possibly the browns or something afterwords. weird to think of how different things would be. i could not imagine seeing the eagles call another town home though.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I am with you Norm, I prefer college to the pros as well. Grew up going to PSU games and was always a Giants fan but college just feels different to me.

i like college. i'm a psu guy myself. i just cant help but lose some interest once your team loses a game or two and has zero shot at winning a championship because of the fraudulent bowl system. still hard to believe its 2010 and they still utilize such an archaic way of determing a national champion. i really don't see how you can't still have all the other meaningless bowls and just have the top 4 teams in a bcs playoff type deal. you can have 2 semi final bowls on new years day and then still do the national championship a week later like they do now. to me, that's the simpliest way of changing things and appeasing the most people without changing the current system too drastically, thus ensuring sponsors and shit won't lose out on much more $....
    www.myspace.com
  • edited January 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

i like college. i'm a psu guy myself. i just cant help but lose some interest once your team loses a game or two and has zero shot at winning a championship because of the fraudulent bowl system. still hard to believe its 2010 and they still utilize such an archaic way of determing a national champion. i really don't see how you can't still have all the other meaningless bowls and just have the top 4 teams in a bcs playoff type deal. you can have 2 semi final bowls on new years day and then still do the national championship a week later like they do now. to me, that's the simpliest way of changing things and appeasing the most people without changing the current system too drastically, thus ensuring sponsors and shit won't lose out on much more $....
    i wasnt a big college fan until i went to school at Tennessee and discovered the SEC. but like you say its hard to stay motivated after your team loses once or twice. i've never thought of the bowl games as anything but a meaningless scrimmages unless its for a national championship, and it seldom is it a legit one. as far as im concerned, College season ends after conference championship weekend. until they fix that the NFL will always come first. Having the Saints playing for the SUper Bowl helps, too. :)
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on