how many missed out on Dublin??

nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
edited December 2009 in The Porch
just wondering how many 10C members, Irish or not, missed out?

edit: add name to list!
26/10/96 dublin
01/06/00 dublin
23/08/06 dublin
11/09/06 paris
18/06/07 london
17/08/09 manchester
18/08/09 london
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• We decided to do Dublin AFTER the sale :roll:

Waiting for general sale seated tickets on Friday now...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • i missed out as i did in 06.
    will be gutted if i miss out on ticketmaster
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • i did, i could cry .....
  • Missed out and I'm gutted. Not sure wether I'm up for general sale.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Missed out on Dublin :(
    But got London :D
  • Missed out and I'm gutted. Not sure wether I'm up for general sale.

Travelling from Australia for Honeymoon next year. My story is the same as yours from other thread. Rang Ten club and gave them the sob story but to no avail. At least we were lucky enough to get other 3 shows.
  • me, already booked flights so TM better come up with the goods
  • :cry: i missed out on dublin, but did get belfast, london and berlin :D
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • fergsfergs Posts: 7
    yeah same here, missed out. .......very annoying, theres gotta be a better way for 10club organise tickets for dedicated fans, i know the mebership fee isn't much, but can 10club members not be sold tickets directly, and even if the venue sells out with 10club so be it, I thought the band were about not giving money to the maaaaan
  • Yep, missed out! I still really want to go but I'll be coming from Denver and my friend is coming from Seattle so we don't want to plan a big trip out there if we're not guaranteed tickets.

Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Denver, Council Bluffs, Fargo, St. Paul, Chicago, Seattle, Gorge, Denver, Denver, Portland, Gorge, Gorge, Seattle, Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Had the tickets in the cart and still missed. Will try on Friday public sale :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    hate that of all the bands i wanna see at home i have to rely on ticketfucker instead of tenclub.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • yeah i missed out too. super bummed. got up at 330am in oz to get them, tried for 3.5 hours. no love.

im hoping i get ticketmaster tix. otherwise, i really hope they ge announced for glasto...
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • missed out but got belfast,london. need money and luck on fri
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ni4979ni4979 Posts: 20
    I missed out too.Spent over 2 hours trying.Gutted.Fingers crossed for general sale.I remember when they played in 06 I was qn and missed out then too but was fortunate enought to see them in Lisbon,can't really afford to go further afield this year though.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,805
    I got tickets for both shows. Took about 2 hours, had to keep refreshing the pages and every so often it changes from 'out of stock' to 'Buy'. :)
    Kearnsy
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    I missed out as well. Got to the "Buy" part but didn't go any further.
  • tidus10xtidus10x Posts: 120
    I managed to get 2, just... I was so lucky, I tried for about 90 minutes with the Temporarily Out of Stcok message appearing and the Buy button reappearing. I finally got to the creadit card screen typed in the details, submitted and then it crashed with no confirmation screen. After a few minutes of tryng again I noticed that my Cart was showing as empty but I didn't know if that was because it had timed out or the transaction had gone through. So I thought I'd look at my orders profile, well everyone else must have been doing the same thing because it kept crashing. So after an agonising wait, probably about 15 minutes, I thought I'd call the Ten Club and ask if they could see from their end if it had gone through. I was really surprise I got straight through and they confirmed that the transaction had gone through. I'm one happy Pearl Jam fan.
  • i missed ..but thanks to friend im in..sorry for u guys,,but will be a public sale + spares..keep the faith
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    IrishGuy wrote:
    I missed out as well. Got to the "Buy" part but didn't go any further.

if you managed to press that "into cart" button, go and check the cart! Ive really had it there for 40-50 mins at least b4 i managed to get to step 2!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    a better question might be
    "how many missed out on Dublin because they were posting complaints instead of trying for tickets"

just saying
  • Get_Right wrote:
    "how many missed out on Dublin because they were posting complaints instead of trying for tickets"

just saying
    I couldnt get access to pj web site..was crashed+my internet connection cut..but all good.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Get_Right wrote:

just saying
    I couldnt get access to pj web site..was crashed+my internet connection cut..but all good.. :mrgreen:
    I know there were issues as usual

but people were posting complaints withing 10 minutes instead of refreshing-that always makes me laugh
    by now, everyone should know that the site will crash, there will be check out issues, that the tickets are released in blocks, and that you do not stop refreshing until it says out of stock-seriously in those two minutes you took to post, you might have scored tix.
    Get_Right wrote:

just saying

fuck right off.

over 3 hours i had the goods page open and tried umpteen million times u fucker.

havin been a 10C member for 3yrs and the fact that most people spent an hour minimum trying for tix shows that there was a wee fuck up by the organisers.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote:

fuck right off.

over 3 hours i had the goods page open and tried umpteen million times u fucker.

havin been a 10C member for 3yrs and the fact that most people spent an hour minimum trying for tix shows that there was a wee fuck up by the organisers.

see now, no need to be nasty-we are all frustrated by the 10c ticketing system-and all of us have been shut out of a hometown show

but there was no screw up-this is exactly how its worked ever since they started selling tix through the site-believe it or not its actually getting better

I just find it funny that people start posting complaints about the system instead of relentlessly trying for tix-when its out of stock then post your complaints
    We did relentlessly try to get tickets but guess what....we can still post comments while the other page was open and trying to refresh!!! Amazing stuff this technology, huh? :roll:
    IrishGuy wrote:
    We did relentlessly try to get tickets but guess what....we can still post comments while the other page was open and trying to refresh!!! Amazing stuff this technology, huh? :roll:
    yeah but believe it or not, that 20 seconds could be the difference between getting tix and not
    especially for the smaller shows
    Get_Right wrote:
    nutmeg81 wrote:

fuck right off.

see now, no need to be nasty-we are all frustrated by the 10c ticketing system-and all of us have been shut out of a hometown show

but there was no screw up-this is exactly how its worked ever since they started selling tix through the site-believe it or not its actually getting better

I just find it funny that people start posting complaints about the system instead of relentlessly trying for tix-when its out of stock then post your complaints

i can be "nasty" if i feel as though ur were bein a smart ass.

if u see the thread was started AFTER the dublin tix were sold out.

i have gotten tix for Paris in 06 and both UK shows back in August and ive never experienced anything like the dublin fiasco last night. jesus christ berlin and london were easily available with belfast nay too far behind.

to just sit at a screen for over 3 hrs and think "oh well this is bound to happen" doesnt say much for the distribution set up. there were many many angry folks posting on here while also havin numerous other tabs open hittin the fuck outta f5 for HOURS.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    @Get_right How? The refresh and posting are happening simultaneously. My 20 seconds of posting doesn't interfer with the other browser that I have trying to actually open the next window in the ticket section
    IrishGuy wrote:
    @Get_right How? The refresh and posting are happening simultaneously. My 20 seconds of posting doesn't interfer with the other browser that I have trying to actually open the next window in the ticket section
    it obviously doesnt matter at this point, but the only key you should be hitting is enter, and the only screens up should be the ticket page for the show you want-keeping another browser open and submitting data eats bandwith and slows down the other browser-the one going after tickets