how many missed out on Dublin??

2»

Comments

• Took me over 2 hrs of refreshing. I had given up on Dub and went for Belfast after the first hr.
    When I got Belfast I went bk and Dub came up.

Get Right has a point. I wasn't going near the message pit until it said "out of stock".
    Could've been the difference in getting tickets.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    i can be "nasty" if i feel as though ur were bein a smart ass.

if u see the thread was started AFTER the dublin tix were sold out.

i have gotten tix for Paris in 06 and both UK shows back in August and ive never experienced anything like the dublin fiasco last night. jesus christ berlin and london were easily available with belfast nay too far behind.

to just sit at a screen for over 3 hrs and think "oh well this is bound to happen" doesnt say much for the distribution set up. there were many many angry folks posting on here while also havin numerous other tabs open hittin the fuck outta f5 for HOURS.
    Im not being a smart ass-really
    in just the two hours after the sale started how many messages did you post-20? 30?
    just saying people were scoring tix while you were posting
    seriously, seconds and just a little extra bandwith can make a HUGE difference scoring 10c tix through this site
  • bottom line is there werent enough to meet demand so if it wasnt us it would have been someone else i have been lucky in the past so cant complain
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Its just a pain in the ass for Dublin folk thats all. This always happens with PJ shows in Ireland. THe venues are pretty small, and if the 2006 gig was anything to go by, half the people going will be from abroad. Which is cool, i get that, and as ive seen PJ abroad myself 7 times, i encourage it. BUT it is a fucking pain in the ass when presale doesnt work, the general sale on TM sold out in 2 mins in 2006 for a 8000 capacity show. the Point/O2 is now 12000 approx, and will probs sell out in the same time.
  • I agree it's always a shambles when they sell tickets on the website, staggering it every hour didn't help either, as you had everyone going for the same tickets.
    My friend was lucky enough to get tickets that got cancelled in his checkout but was in his profile history, but i was as pissed off as everyone else at the time.
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • missed belfast and dublin .....gutted :evil:
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    just wondering how many 10C members, Irish or not, missed out?

edit: add name to list!
    paris96,manchester2000,astoria2006,dublin2006,
    london2007,copenhagen2007,shepards bush empire 2009,
    rotterdam 2009,manchester 2009,london 2009.belfast 2010,berlin 2010.
  • I couldn't get Dublin, :evil:

I just manged to get Belfast though once they put back up the buy icon. ;)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • I tried for about 2 hours, and then I got em!!! But still wanna go to the Belfast show, didn't get those.. Gonna try friday! Fingers crossed!
  • i missed Dublin and Belfast! i wanted to go on vacation to ireland but it won't happen
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • I don't really want to start a new thread with this but how about this question:

Who was on the Goods Section at 5pm ready and still missed out on Dublin? To me if you got on later and you missed out there is less room for complaint.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    i logged on at 5pm. didnt even get as far as the Goods section. site kept crashing. then i kept on flicking over to the forum and heard that people got tickets. total joke. still sick. i couldnt even get into the site. whats going on :?:

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • wozza77wozza77 Posts: 300
    yeah i logged on at 4.55 started trying until about 7.30 I think by which time out of stock came up and I gave up. Pretty frustrating but will try on ticketmaster tomorrow. If not will probably have to beg.
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    tidus10x wrote:
    I managed to get 2, just... I was so lucky, I tried for about 90 minutes with the Temporarily Out of Stcok message appearing and the Buy button reappearing. I finally got to the creadit card screen typed in the details, submitted and then it crashed with no confirmation screen. After a few minutes of tryng again I noticed that my Cart was showing as empty but I didn't know if that was because it had timed out or the transaction had gone through. So I thought I'd look at my orders profile, well everyone else must have been doing the same thing because it kept crashing. So after an agonising wait, probably about 15 minutes, I thought I'd call the Ten Club and ask if they could see from their end if it had gone through. I was really surprise I got straight through and they confirmed that the transaction had gone through. I'm one happy Pearl Jam fan.

That happened to me, but it looks like mine didn't go through and I couldn't add more to my cart when the buy button came back as it said they were restricted (as though they had gone through). I couldn't keep hanging around though cos I had to leave the house and drive up to Edinburgh, looking at my profile there's nothing to be found though. Emailed the 10c to see if they're still in my profil hidden somewhere, but no response so it doesn't look good!

So, if anyone has any spare for Dublin or Belfast please let me know - I'm after 2 10c tickets for each of them!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • strummers wrote:
    tidus10x wrote:
    I managed to get 2, just... I was so lucky, I tried for about 90 minutes with the Temporarily Out of Stcok message appearing and the Buy button reappearing. I finally got to the creadit card screen typed in the details, submitted and then it crashed with no confirmation screen. After a few minutes of tryng again I noticed that my Cart was showing as empty but I didn't know if that was because it had timed out or the transaction had gone through. So I thought I'd look at my orders profile, well everyone else must have been doing the same thing because it kept crashing. So after an agonising wait, probably about 15 minutes, I thought I'd call the Ten Club and ask if they could see from their end if it had gone through. I was really surprise I got straight through and they confirmed that the transaction had gone through. I'm one happy Pearl Jam fan.

That happened to me, but it looks like mine didn't go through and I couldn't add more to my cart when the buy button came back as it said they were restricted (as though they had gone through). I couldn't keep hanging around though cos I had to leave the house and drive up to Edinburgh, looking at my profile there's nothing to be found though. Emailed the 10c to see if they're still in my profil hidden somewhere, but no response so it doesn't look good!

So, if anyone has any spare for Dublin or Belfast please let me know - I'm after 2 10c tickets for each of them!

This is becoming a familiar tale. It looks like some people got lucky in this situation and others didn't. I too got through to paying and it crashed and then the tickets were out of my cart. I tried to add again and they told me they were restricted which kind of gave the impression I had bagged them.Looked in Goods and e-mailed 10C with no luck.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • sickofitsickofit Posts: 780
    Like many others I missed out royally :cry: on both DUBLIN & BELFAST....took too long to get the tix in the cart, refresh, got disconnected, tried again and again and...prayed a lot...LOL!! got to the checkout (yay!!), connection timed out (frick! frick! frick!), refresh, waited, tried and got Belfast tix in the cart but at checkout cart was empty...jumped around n got angry...Temp out of stock...kinda gave up and to console myself went for London and got a pair. Still pissed of as hell cuz I never wanted to go to London. Was looking forward to Dublin, never been. Found out the next morning (on my birthday!) that some ppl got Dublin tix later cuz Temp out of stock didn't mean completely sold out. :no smilies for guttered, depressed and general desperate sorrow??:

Why can't 10C do pre-sales in some other way....like, in batches, according to membership number or something?
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Both myself and miadmarion missed out on Dublin but got lucky with Belfast, it seems tickets are getting harder to come by for every tour. Anyway looking for 2 Dublin tickets, for 2 UK TC members, TC (standing) tix are preferable but hell we'll take anything even singles!

Cheers
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • got some abuse last night from nutmeg for a post after i got tix (my first post but not first visit). note he ain't showed up in any ticketmaster thread today... so can only assume he was fishing on wed or wasted his time on the forum while we bought tickets...

why do peeps have to be mean on t'internet...
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    TE171148 wrote:
    got some abuse last night from nutmeg for a post after i got tix (my first post but not first visit). note he ain't showed up in any ticketmaster thread today... so can only assume he was fishing on wed or wasted his time on the forum while we bought tickets...

sayin that ur 1st post on the forum was about gettin tix when others didnt get em was a bit mean wasnt exactly abuse my dear man.

was workin all day yday so wasnt on here to contine the "abuse" towards u.

the system is flawed and needs a new way of sortin out the sellin of tix.

i did manage to get one on general sale......so now off to find these ticketmaster thread u speak of....
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    TE171148 wrote:
    got some abuse last night from nutmeg for a post after i got tix (my first post but not first visit). note he ain't showed up in any ticketmaster thread today... so can only assume he was fishing on wed or wasted his time on the forum while we bought tickets...

yes thats the reason i missed out on wed dude.....i wasted all my time posting and not refreshing tin the goods section....wish i'd thought of that.....
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london