Just my opinion.....Europe

Comments

• I understand that festivals might push an early sale. But this doesnt seem to happen to other bands, and when other bands going to tour they realese the entire tour at once...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    actually i hate christmas so this is great timing - cheered me up no end :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    put them onsale after xmas-people will complain they spent all their money on xmas
    wait until three months before the shows-people complain they didnt get enough notice
    announce the US first, then Europe-the Europeans complain that they would not have bought tickets to the US dates
    Sure it would be nice if they just announced a world tour all at once and gave us all a months notice that 10c tix were going on sale, but the 10c hasnt done things that way for a long time.

there is no method that will please everybody and seriously, I know times are tough, but if you have trouble deciding between concert tickets and gifts for your loved ones, your priorities are messed up.
    Get_Right wrote:
    put them onsale after xmas-people will complain they spent all their money on xmas
    wait until three months before the shows-people complain they didnt get enough notice
    announce the US first, then Europe-the Europeans complain that they would not have bought tickets to the US dates
    Sure it would be nice if they just announced a world tour all at once and gave us all a months notice that 10c tix were going on sale, but the 10c hasnt done things that way for a long time.

there is no method that will please everybody and seriously, I know times are tough, but if you have trouble deciding between concert tickets and gifts for your loved ones, your priorities are messed up.

haha concert tickets everytime chief!! :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this is a new one, someone whining about something that doesnt even affect them.

good work speedy
    Just an observation....

Over the last year or so ....

EVERY single fucking time you make a statement towards me...
    Or reply to one of my comments.....

All you do is throw an insult at me....

Wouldnt just be easier to ignore me....
    And keep your fucking ignorant insulting mouth shut???

Just a fucking thought.....

Now go ahead and report me to the mods......

geez, harsh, but thats up to you...

its not personal to me, but every time i have been on this forum over the last few days there has been moaning about this tour.....so to find someone over the pond doing it to is strange....

To say I attack everything you say is strange, we had a little friendly banter recently about baseball but I really thought we were just busting balls.

Still ' fucking ignorant insulting mouth is a little OTT, but thats your perogative'...

why on gods earth Id want to report that to the mods is another thing all together, its a free world, you can say what you like for me - this is a forum, people speak their minds all the time.....

maybe this would have been more productive over PM's....
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    this is a new one, someone whining about something that doesnt even affect them.

good work speedy
    Just an observation....

Over the last year or so ....

EVERY single fucking time you make a statement towards me...
    Or reply to one of my comments.....

All you do is throw an insult at me....

Wouldnt just be easier to ignore me....
    And keep your fucking ignorant insulting mouth shut???

Just a fucking thought.....

Now go ahead and report me to the mods......

geez, harsh, but thats up to you...

its not personal to me, but every time i have been on this forum over the last few days there has been moaning about this tour.....so to find someone over the pond doing it to is strange....

To say I attack everything you say is strange, we had a little friendly banter recently about baseball but I really thought we were just busting balls.

Still ' fucking ignorant insulting mouth is a little OTT, but thats your perogative'...

why on gods earth Id want to report that to the mods is another thing all together, its a free world, you can say what you like for me - this is a forum, people speak their minds all the time.....

maybe this would have been more productive over PM's....
    You ignore me...
    I will ignore you....

Life goes on....

Enjoy the shows............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    hey speedy - you have the post of the year regarding unthought known a few weeks back - that sure made me laugh! :mrgreen:
  • DeLukin wrote:
    ah...the typical asshole reply...no ticket thread is complete without one!
    Why does that make me an asshole? If you can afford to go, buy tix. If you can't then buy them somewhere else after the holidays or catch them next time. I think assuming that there is some 10c conspiracy to ruin everyone's christmas is a little more ass-holey than calling all the complaining about it what it really is.

[Admin here: People trying to get a ban for the holidays? hmmmmm. Not the way to go fershur.]

first of all..he started this thread with "Just my opinion".....also, Speedy is a vet, he knows how this ticket shit goes and what his "options" are.......also i didn't call you an asshole...i said it was the typical asshole reply...also i had a wink and a smile with it that you left off when you quoted me...so chill...don't be so sensitive man!
  • I am sorry, but I have to say this....

... last time tickets went on sale, everybody was bitching about the timing... that is, the announcement was too close to the concerts... People need to plan vacations, etc...

... and now?!?! TOO EARLY??? Come on people! Can't you just be happy that Pearl Jam are still touring like crazy??!?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    first of all..he started this thread with "Just my opinion".....also, Speedy is a vet, he knows how this ticket shit goes and what his "options" are.......also i didn't call you an asshole...i said it was the typical asshole reply...also i had a wink and a smile with it that you left off when you quoted me...so chill...don't be so sensitive man!
    Alright. In the spirit of the Holiday no harm, no foul. Speedy is definitely entitled to his opinion, as am I, as are you. The 10c bashing frustrates a lot of people on this board, especially since there is a majority who feel that they're doing a great job. I'm not so sure it makes me sensitive for disagreeing with you that my reply was an asshole(?), but hey I'd like to stay on Santa's "nice" list so whatever.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE 200 + $ for a pair wtf is this all about.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • belfast1 wrote:
    actually i hate christmas so this is great timing - cheered me up no end :D

hahahahahaha!
    well done belfast.
    :mrgreen:

oh, and i love christmas!
    and, i also think kat's post pretty much sums it all up.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I am sorry, but I have to say this....

... last time tickets went on sale, everybody was bitching about the timing... that is, the announcement was too close to the concerts... People need to plan vacations, etc...

... and now?!?! TOO EARLY??? Come on people! Can't you just be happy that Pearl Jam are still touring like crazy??!?
    I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • i also think kat's post pretty much sums it all up.

pfffffttttttt....kiss ass! ;)

weren't you the one who started a thanksgiving thread for em all? :think: :problem: :eh: :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

weren't you the one who started a thanksgiving thread for em all? :think: :problem: :eh: :mrgreen:

that thread was for the BAND!!!!!!!....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brisk. wrote:
    +1
    It just doesnt make any fucking sense.....right???

Once again we get 2 days notice before tickets go on sale?????

Plus I like the shows that are announced TBA.......What the fuck is all that about?????

Buying tickets from the 10club has been and will always be.....

Just a big fucking pain in the ass........

that's why i let me membership expire. i finally got outside the grace period for redemption. so everyone after 187XXX, you just moved a little closer.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Brisk. wrote:
    +1

Plus I like the shows that are announced TBA.......What the fuck is all that about?????

that's why i let me membership expire. i finally got outside the grace period for redemption. so everyone after 187XXX, you just moved a little closer.

but you're still allowed to post on here?
  • Lambchops wrote:

oooooooooo...yes, forgot about that!
    no more soulsinging?
    what will we do without ya?

(and i do mean that i'd miss ya)
    also, i think for what, $20-25 a year.....10c is still SOOOO worth it!
    especially having such a decent #!
    and holy hell, you're a lawyer now, certainly can afford it. ;)
    methinks your 'grace period' isn't over yet...or yes, you'd not be posting here.
    that, or there is a glitch in the matrix.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Kind of fucking strange, silly, and fucking stupid to put 10club tickets on sale......

3 weeks before Christmas....
    For shows that are not going to be played for 7 months....

Right???

Couldnt they have just waited till after the Holidays????

I am sure their are a few people out there who can barely afford to make it through Christmas, and have no way in hell of being able to purchase 10club seats......

I was thinking the same thing Speedy. Which means we could be fucked in a week or so if the rumors are true about the U.S. dates.

whatever.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Lambchops wrote:

no more soulsinging?

methinks your 'grace period' isn't over yet...or yes, you'd not be posting here.

there's a glitch. my membership expired in august. it even says in my cart that if i buy a new one i'd have to get a new number. but it still lets me log in and post... i dont get it? maybe they're going to fix it. i could probably stand to waste less time round here!

as to the money, not remotely worth it for me. a record i cant play, a magazine i'm not that interested in, merchandise i don't need, and once every 2-3 years, a pair of concert tickets with seats marginally better than what i could get off TM for the same price. in my case, i'd prefer TM to sitting in the same place on the floor that i've been for the last 3-4 tours, hoping there's nobody tall in front of me. give me a seat on the side... better view, more space, easier out. if they were scoring me GA tickets, maybe i'd consider. but it's $60 over 3 years for 2 seats... i could take that, toss it to a scalper, and fare just as well.
  • Lambchops wrote:

no more soulsinging?

there's a glitch. my membership expired in august. it even says in my cart that if i buy a new one i'd have to get a new number. but it still lets me log in and post... i dont get it? maybe they're going to fix it. i could probably stand to waste less time round here!

as to the money, not remotely worth it for me. a record i cant play, a magazine i'm not that interested in, merchandise i don't need, and once every 2-3 years, a pair of concert tickets with seats marginally better than what i could get off TM for the same price. in my case, i'd prefer TM to sitting in the same place on the floor that i've been for the last 3-4 tours, hoping there's nobody tall in front of me. give me a seat on the side... better view, more space, easier out. if they were scoring me GA tickets, maybe i'd consider. but it's $60 over 3 years for 2 seats... i could take that, toss it to a scalper, and fare just as well.

you'll miss us. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I like it. So much notice given, saves me from booking trips to some place else only to have to cancel them . So much time to set transport and accom plans, make group arrangements with other touring fans.

Ideal, really.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Yeah, not enthusiastic about how the announcement was made, but it didn't really affect me. I am 38, and I can't make it through a GA show in first row anyway. So it's not a big deal to pass on 10C tickets. I plan on attending some of the Euro shows, but between the mystery additional dates and the lack of seniority privileges, I prefer to just buy regular tickets in a while.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    DeLukin wrote:

And it's completely within your right to buy them somewhere else, making you one less body I have to climb over to get mine.

I coundn't have said it better.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14

That's the downside of getting older.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    Hinn wrote:
    I like it. So much notice given, saves me from booking trips to some place else only to have to cancel them . So much time to set transport and accom plans, make group arrangements with other touring fans.

Ideal, really.

:clap: :thumbup:
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    got my tix for Berlin ... would have loved to attend all the shows but work and another festival so.... waiting with crossed fingers for us dates ..did anyone say MSG again :clap: and if I can´t make it I will always have the memories from last years conserts ....please come out with the dates now but wait with the selling until february or late january.... and let the dates be in late august or september :thumbup:
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Yeah I agree with the OP, it was poor timing, I really could have done without this before Christmas. I think the beginning of February would have been better, since most people would have had a pay day since Christmas then. For this reason, I'm glad they're only doing one date in England!

In terms of the 10c presale for Hard Rock Calling, it's an all day event, unless you plan on spending nine hours at the front barrier, never leaving for food/drink/toilet breaks, there is absolutely no benefit in being in the park 15 minutes earlier than everyone else. Plus you have the hassle of having to go get your tickets on the day from the box office.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Money to most people sucks.
    Most of us have to budget just to do the weekly food shopping and bills/morgage/rent......on top of kiddie spending like dental, back to school, Doctors and all the other stuff we pay out for before WE indulge in stuff for OURSELVES.....
    I need Doctor and Dental assesment and action, I really need shoes because the stupid puppy keeps chewing mine and I even need new socks and nickers.....
    Christmas time, unfortunately means saving and then spending it on others.
    Do I let my lumps and bumps go unassessed and get around in barefeet and wear holly undies with a toothless grin?????? YEP.
    Money Sucks. I wish PJ realised most of us need time to save it, to atleast get to ONE concert every now and then.
    As we are all aware.....If we were selfish mother F#@%ers.....every concert would be a sell out.
    The more notice we are given, the more we get to organise ourselves to actually live it up for once. To get to one concert, gives us the boost we need to get on with the day to day survival, especialy now.
    I hope you all get a nice Christmas.