Just my opinion.....Europe

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,471
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Kind of fucking strange, silly, and fucking stupid to put 10club tickets on sale......

3 weeks before Christmas....
For shows that are not going to be played for 7 months....

Right???

Couldnt they have just waited till after the Holidays????

I am sure their are a few people out there who can barely afford to make it through Christmas, and have no way in hell of being able to purchase 10club seats......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    +1
  • bmulvanybmulvany Posts: 156
    in one way I think I agree with you

but maybe they think people might get tickets as presents and if people cannot afford them now before Christmas how will they afford them after Christmas

unless you hold it off for a few months till around March

its never ideal when we have to spend money
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    abso-fucking-lutely
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    +1
    It just doesnt make any fucking sense.....right???

Once again we get 2 days notice before tickets go on sale?????

Plus I like the shows that are announced TBA.......What the fuck is all that about?????

Buying tickets from the 10club has been and will always be.....

Just a big fucking pain in the ass........
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    edited December 2009
    damn no thumbs up icon.... wholeheartedly agree :thumbup:
    Post edited by chromiam on
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757

And it's completely within your right to buy them somewhere else, making you one less body I have to climb over to get mine.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • I do agree that it isn't good timing, especially considering most PJ fans areover the age of 23 and have commitments like jobs and children. It was a bit slap-dash, the way it all came about...

(chromiam - :thumbup: )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Yep not good, I had to put them on a credit card I hadn't intended to use ever again, as have already spent all my money on christmas stuff. :(

Delukin - I did get them somewhere else as I needed 3, but still booked them now so as not to miss out.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited December 2009
    Also there have been pre-sales for O2 customers (the phone carrier who sponsors two of the venues) and livenation prior to the 10c sale so people are confused whether to try for these other pre-sales just in case they're locked out of the 10c sale.

Think the timing may have been pushed by some of the festivals. Although they are the first band to be announced for Hard Rock Calling :?

Oh well I'm sat here biting my nails waiting for the pre-sale :P ... just over 30 minutes to go for the first one :shock:
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ;)
    maybe it's like don't go overboard with xmas, because pj is coming.

forget
    here comes santa clause
    it's
    HERE COMES PEARL JAM!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I do agree that it isn't good timing, especially considering most PJ fans areover the age of 23 and have commitments like jobs and children. It was a bit slap-dash, the way it all came about...

(chromiam - :thumbup: )

didn't think to check under more smilies hahaha
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    It is KINDA...'Weird' :roll:
  • chime wrote:
    Also there have been pre-sales for O2 customers (the phone carrier who sponsors two of the venues) and livenation prior to the 10c sale so people are confused whether to try for these other pre-sales just in case they're locked out of the 10c sale.

Think the timing may have been pushed by some of the festivals. Although they are the first band to be announced for Hard Rock Calling :?

Oh well I'm sat here biting my nails waiting for the pre-sale :P ... just over 30 minutes to go for the first one :shock:

I think this may have played into it, if the other festivals and shows had waited until after holidays, pre sales too, 10c would have sold them in January.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Kind of fucking strange, silly, and fucking stupid to put 10club tickets on sale......

3 weeks before Christmas....
    For shows that are not going to be played for 7 months....

Right???

I am sure their are a few people out there who can barely afford to make it through Christmas, and have no way in hell of being able to purchase 10club seats......

I agree! I really hope they dont put U.S. dates on sale til after the Holidays... but I know they are! Which is no good for me! :(
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• chime wrote:

That's what makes me think that maybe it was Tenclub under pressure to release dates this time...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    ;)
    maybe it's like don't go overboard with xmas, because pj is coming.

forget
    here comes santa clause
    it's
    HERE COMES PEARL JAM!

Pearl Jam will be COMING "Down" the Chimney lol :P
  • DeLukin wrote:

And it's completely within your right to buy them somewhere else, making you one less body I have to climb over to get mine.

ah...the typical reply...no ticket thread is complete without one! ;):mrgreen:

i agree Speedy....i'm glad they are not US dates they are selling now...i'm broke as fuck!!! :cry:
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    If the organizers of the event put tickets on sale now, the Ten Club offers tickets now,...that's how I see it anyway. Until members buy tickets, isn't it just a verbal commitment that tickets will sell? It's the talk but not the walk...Ten Club members actually getting tickets is the walk. Sure timing could have been better for some -- but not for others. It wasn't the Ten Club planning this though.

Happy Holidays everyone...they sure are getting close!

:::clink:::: we're cheering you.

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    this is a new one, someone whining about something that doesnt even affect them.

good work speedy
  • chime wrote:

festival have done it...i agree...they have just put other dates in around the gigs..whats everyone complaining about..you have another chance to see pj..when does it matter when tickets are released you would buy them whatever...im getting the feeling some people just like to complian..
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited December 2009
    i_lov_it wrote:

Pearl Jam will be COMING "Down" the Chimney lol :P

that's the spirit! :lol:

i think pj live is better than christmas anyway.

happy holidays back to ya kat!
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Kat wrote:

xo

Happy christmas to you too Kat :D
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    Kat wrote:
    If the organizers of the event put tickets on sale now, the Ten Club offers tickets now,...that's how I see it anyway. Until members buy tickets, isn't it just a verbal commitment that tickets will sell? It's the talk but not the walk...Ten Club members actually getting tickets is the walk. Sure timing could have been better for some -- but not for others. It wasn't the Ten Club planning this though.

xo
    Kat, I don't envy your having to deal with our petty Pearl Jam related issues... in any case, thanks for trying to help keep the peace... you can't please all the people all the time, but I'd say this one was handled well, especially if 10C wasn't in complete power. I won't be buying tickets this tour, but am glad to have a rough idea of where I want to be and when, and with such a huge amount of notice. I'm glad this announcement came when it did.
    Happy holidays, Kat!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited December 2009
    ah...the typical asshole reply...no ticket thread is complete without one!
    Why does that make me an asshole? If you can afford to go, buy tix. If you can't then buy them somewhere else after the holidays or catch them next time. I think assuming that there is some 10c conspiracy to ruin everyone's christmas is a little more ass-holey than calling all the complaining about it what it really is.

[Admin here: People trying to get a ban for the holidays? hmmmmm. Not the way to go fershur.]
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Kat wrote:

xo

Thanks for clearing that up Kat...

See you in Europe? ;)

Happy Holidays right backatcha :mrgreen:

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Brisk. wrote:
    +1

Plus I like the shows that are announced TBA.......What the fuck is all that about?????

Yes i know a lot of people who cant :( I luckily have an amazing mother who will let me place it all on her card and will try give as much as i can back asap but im only a student. However i go do a year in industry so i earn a proper salary for a year so i can easily pay it back also i spend my student loan wisely ;)

Yeah its just ridiculous how we even pay for membership and dont even get the news first...and yes the TBA thing is just retarded, just announce the ENTIRE schedule when its done.. this may have delayed it being after xmas i think. It is good to know some dates are concrete though.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    this is a new one, someone whining about something that doesnt even affect them.

good work speedy
    Just an observation....

Over the last year or so ....

EVERY single fucking time you make a statement towards me...
    Or reply to one of my comments.....

All you do is throw an insult at me....

Wouldnt just be easier to ignore me....
    And keep your fucking ignorant insulting mouth shut???

Just a fucking thought.....

Now go ahead and report me to the mods......
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited December 2009

Maybe. I can't deny you have a good point. But what if it was up to the festival management as to when things got announced?

Additionally, haven't there been numerous occasions on this board where people have complained about not knowing of events far enough in advance to properly plan their lives around them? As I recall, the slow reveal of the US dates after Chicago 1 this past year riled a lot of people up. Not being an apologist, but maybe 10C figures that since the shows are seven months out people will have time to replenish their coffers between now and then and it will be less of an issue for them. Most people are going to be paying off holiday shopping bills anyway, what's another $140?

*Note* I was writing this when Kat posted the info above. Didn't see it until I hit submit. She cleared everything up as far as I'm concerned.
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    +1

Yes i know a lot of people who cant :( I luckily have an amazing mother who will let me place it all on her card and will try give as much as i can back asap but im only a student. However i go do a year in industry so i earn a proper salary for a year so i can easily pay it back also i spend my student loan wisely ;)

Yeah its just ridiculous how we even pay for membership and dont even get the news first...and yes the TBA thing is just retarded, just announce the ENTIRE schedule when its done.. this may have delayed it being after xmas i think. It is good to know some dates are concrete though.

Ah so mummy foots the bill eh? ;)

I don't think it was Tenclub's choice, as Kat said. Same as releasing all the dates at once... it can't be helped.

• Kat wrote:

xo

Did everyone miss this about why the tix went on sale now?

Thanks Kat- happy holidays
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...