Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    half the city was drunk yesterday. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    81 wrote:

Ha. I was part of that half. I still feel hungover. But I guess that will happen when you start off at a bar at 8 am and go until 11 pm.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Ha. I was part of that half. I still feel hungover. But I guess that will happen when you start off at a bar at 8 am and go until 11 pm.

:lol: i was out driving around, and saw people standing in bar doorways at bars that are normally closed at noon. than i saw all the goofs will green stove pipe hats on and i remembered what day it was. got home as fast as i could and stayed off the roads :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh, would you look at that. tied with Boston for the top seed in the East.

who would have thunk it.

i keep waiting for the rug to be yanked out from underneath, but maybe, just maybe, they really are a contender. i don't think they will win it this year, since they are still so young and haven't been playoff tested. but they can make some noise and get some playoff reps. or maybe the jordan comments sat will inspire them to greatness.

only a few tough games left. should win a ton a down the stretch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    An easy remaining schedule should have then ending with the 1 seed.
    Can't say I saw that at the beginning of the season.

I wonder if this is Boston starting to take it easy and stay rested until the playoffs. Remember last year?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    havent been listening to much sports radio, but stumbled across this on the tribune

Mr Harry from the afternoon saloon busted for DUI

60017934.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    oh, would you look at that. tied with Boston for the top seed in the East.

who would have thunk it.

i keep waiting for the rug to be yanked out from underneath, but maybe, just maybe, they really are a contender. i don't think they will win it this year, since they are still so young and haven't been playoff tested. but they can make some noise and get some playoff reps. or maybe the jordan comments sat will inspire them to greatness.

only a few tough games left. should win a ton a down the stretch.
    I think you're right - if Chicago doesn't win the East (or Finals..it could happen) this year, they'll still do some post season damage and make people aware that they are a powerhouse in the East.

Trade you Tyrone Corbin for Tom Thibodeau, straight up. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol:

and your first roudn pick for the next 10 years. :lol:

everyone says Tyrone will be a good coach. we'll see. Thibs is proving himself so far. Chicago just has the right kind of players. Players that buy into defense, listen to the coach, and have the desire to sacrifice for the team. Can't help by like the make up of the Bulls.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol:

and your first roudn pick for the next 10 years. :lol:

everyone says Tyrone will be a good coach. we'll see. Thibs is proving himself so far. Chicago just has the right kind of players. Players that buy into defense, listen to the coach, and have the desire to sacrifice for the team. Can't help by like the make up of the Bulls.

Tyrone has already brought some energy to our once jaded players. No one was listening to Sloan, it was sad. Hardly any time has passed since the change, but I think Corbin will make things work pretty damn good after some time. He needs to have some hard fought losses, and hard fought wins. He's well on his way that's for sure. He was a journeyman and played under many coaching systems, including Sloan's, so I think he's got a good understanding of different basketball styles. This season was a revamp for Utah also in terms of roster, I still think that is in the works of settling down comfortably.

On a side note, I am incredibly pleased with Jefferson. Last night was his 8th game of the season with 30+ points and last I heard on the broadcast he grabbed 17 boards. :shock:

He's a real emotional player - when he loses and plays like crap, he is sure to correct himself the next game and always does. In already one season, he's improved drastically since he came here. I hope Al stays here for a while. I also enjoy his attitude and personality.

Anyway, this is a Bulls thread. I really hope for a Celtics/Bulls ECF. No doubt that would be a fucking awesome series.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Boozer is out tonight and Noah just got sent home from practice because he is sick and is questionable tonight. Even if both of them are out, we shouldnt have much trouble with the awful Wizards at home tonight.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i might agree with you indifference but the wiz front court isnt half bad with mcgee and blatche...that might present defensive matchup problems for gibson...but i think thomas matches up well...

im just playing devil's advocat...bulls win by 9
  • Options
    Boozer is out tonight and Noah just got sent home from practice because he is sick and is questionable tonight. Even if both of them are out, we shouldnt have much trouble with the awful Wizards at home tonight.

If I remember correctly, the Wizards have not won a home game. :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

If I remember correctly, the Wizards have not won a road game. :shock:

fixed...and incorrect. they are 1-29 on the road

without boozer and without noah....ouch

taj can't get foul happy.
    heavy minutes for thomas and omar
    we see butler in meaningful minutes, and maybe mj2.0 plays before the final minute
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

If I remember correctly, the Wizards have not won a road game. :shock:

fixed...and incorrect. they are 1-29 on the road

without boozer and without noah....ouch

taj can't get foul happy.
    heavy minutes for thomas and omar
    we see butler in meaningful minutes, and maybe mj2.0 plays before the final minute

Okay, that's what it was... a terrible away record.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    wizards now 1-30 on the road....and more importantly...

Bulls sit atop the eastern confrence :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Old school bulls on nba tv
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    81 wrote:
    Old school bulls on nba tv
    what game/year? not that i get that channel

or have time for nba right now :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Game 6 vs orlando in 95 playoffs, game 6 vs utah in 98 is up next
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I wish the NBA and NHL would just close up shop for these first few days of the tournament.

Right now there are 4 NCAA games on AND the Bulls and Blackhawks. I can't handle all of this!!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    81 wrote:
    damn i gotta upgrade... i think i have most of the old playoff games on VHS somewhere... no chance in hell i find them/they still work

and indifference, that's a great problem to have! no commercials! non-stop hoops

just wish they still had picture in picture on tvs
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    damn i gotta upgrade... i think i have most of the old playoff games on VHS somewhere... no chance in hell i find them/they still work

and indifference, that's a great problem to have! no commercials! non-stop hoops

just wish they still had picture in picture on tvs

It is a great problem to have...my only issue is I don't have 6 TVs to watch it all.
  • Options
  • Options
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

i'm hopeful, but i still think they need a year or two of more of playoff seasoning. the boston series a couple of years ago was a nice start, but this team with this coach needs to gain that knowledge.

that said, as you look at the nba over the next 5 years, i think chicago should be in the title talks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i'm hopeful, but i still think they need a year or two of more of playoff seasoning. the boston series a couple of years ago was a nice start, but this team with this coach needs to gain that knowledge.

that said, as you look at the nba over the next 5 years, i think chicago should be in the title talks.
    Should? Hell, if they roll with it like they did this season they will be.

Like I said earlier, I'd love to see a Boston/Chicago showdown this year in the ECF. That would be some great shit. I'd be glued to the TV each game.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    ok, they are in the title talks now. :lol:

i watched game 6 of the 98 finals last night. i think it's the first time i've ever seen it in it's entirerty. i was actually on the road headed back to ohio from the chicago area when it was being played so i missed it.

after a scorching start, Jordan when into clank mode. seemed like he took about 75% of the shots in the game. Pippen was in massive pain. Malone and Rodman were sent to wrestle in the wwe a few weeks later. good stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Uhg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I'd like em more if they weren't green... but ya know, the whole St. Patrick's Day thing... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Boozer should be back tonight
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg