PJ album played in entirety...your choice?

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Just a couple days ago, it was announced that Canadian alt-rockers Our Lady Peace have scheduled a cross-Canada tour playing theatres, instead of the arena shows they usually play (and fill). They are playing two dates in each venue, the first night playing Clumsy in its entirety, and then a second set of selected songs from their playlist, and the second night they will play Spiritual Machines in full, again, with a second set of selected songs from their playlist.

I thought this was a very cool idea, firstly, because this is a band that can fill 10K-15K arenas close to capacity, and the theatre in Winnipeg they are playing houses fewer than 2K seats. And secondly, because they are playing TWO albums in their entirety. You can choose which show, and subsequently, which album you want to hear.

If Pearl Jam were to do this, which two albums would you want played in their entirety? And if you could only attend one of the two nights, which would it be?

I would choose VS and Vitalogy, with Vitalogy being my top pick. They could play the "weirdo" tracks (Pry, Bugs, and Stupid Mop) over the loudspeaker during the intermission. :lol:
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My choices would be Ten and VS.
  • BINAURAL!!!!
  • 1st choice: Vs.
    2nd choice: Yield
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    1. Yield
    2. No Code
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • 1st choice: Vs.
    2nd choice: Yield

My two choices also. Vs. is my favorite PJ album and I saw PJ live for the first time on their Yield tour.
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Ten
    Yield

Pretty simple really, Although as cool an idea as this is, I would defintely miss a LOT of tracks from other albums
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • I'm a bit of a newbie, but my understanding is that part of the charm of a Pearl Jam concert is not knowing what song's coming next. This concept would take away some of that charm, wouldn't it? It would still be awesome nevertheless.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • no code
    yield

heard s/t in it's entirety, in order, in torino. it was cool, but really i prefer the band mix it up.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Ten and Backspacer, the bookends of their career so far.
    I would like Vs./Yield too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    pj_ten.jpg

album-Pearl-Jam-Binaural.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 1.album-Pearl-Jam-Binaural.jpg

2.pj_ten.jpg

there...i fixed it for you!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

seems your dyslexia got the upper hand today!
  • :lol::lol: ..i still need to see ocean-deep -once live...after binaural always will be the answer :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    5 against 1 (vs)
    Ten
    no code
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    No Code
    Yield
    Binural
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    vs
    yield
    vitalogy
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Ten
    VS
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    right now my Choice would be:

Yield

and of course backspacer would be cool too !!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • No Code
    Yield
    Borgata II, Philly 05, ER 1 06, ER 2 06, Camden I 08, MSG I 08, MSG II 08, Mansfield II 08, EV 1 NYC, EV NJPAC

Hard To Imagine
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    1. vs with dave a and after indifference they go straight into porch
    2. YIELD with jack irons
    3. no code acoustic with jack irons
    4. ten with dave k. really would love to see dave k get his dues with this band.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    You all missed the easy choice.... Lost Dogs!

My second choice is TEN Redux, and it is soley to hear Oceans. Brother, Just a Girl, are bonuses, they can skip the improv crap.
  • Vitalogy
    No Code
    Backspacer :)
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • No Code
    Yield
    Go Birds!!!!
  • metsfan wrote:
    1. vs with dave a and after indifference they go straight into porch
    2. YIELD with jack irons
    3. no code acoustic with jack irons
    4. ten with dave k. really would love to see dave k get his dues with this band.

I guess I should have added REALISTIC to the subject line! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • MG79478 wrote:
    You all missed the easy choice.... Lost Dogs!

You are absolutely right. I didn't even think of that one. I change my choice to LD too.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • No Code is the winner for me. Not necessarily my favorite album, but something about its quirky characteristics combined with the way it would ascend in a live setting (plus by now it's old enough to feel classic), makes me look forward to hearing it the most front-to-back.
    On a related note, another dream of mine would be to hear them play their 'next' album at a club show before its release. Kind of like they did at Slim's Cafe in San Fransisco right after recording finished for Vs. Talk about a unique experience!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    binaural

followed closely by no code.
  • i will say VS. and Vitalogy because i want to see them perform Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    1. No Code
    2. Yield
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    mfc2006 wrote:
    1. No Code
    2. Yield

+ 1
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"