Options

next week .......U.S. dates...... i think

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    SOLAT319 wrote:

You do realize NAWLINS doesn't let anyone with a regular ticket get closer to the rail, right?
    but for $45 for a single day ticket- you can't beat that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You do realize NAWLINS doesn't let anyone with a regular ticket get closer to the rail, right?

yes.
    :?:

so what exactly does a $40 tkt get you?
    never been to jazz fest but always heard amazn things
    quite a range in the tix offered ($900, $600, $400 and $40)
    pretty pricey on the high end

it gets you in, but not up close. there's some VIP/gold circle packages if you want to be up on the rail. and yes, the 'high end' is what gets you up there. i don't think i could handle having to duke it out all day at a festival to keep a rail spot, so the VIPs who want to shell out $$$ can have the easy access to it. well, i don't plan on going in any case :P...but just sayin', if i did.... :D to me, a festival.....it would be more relaxed/chill, and move about a lot more, and definitely would not expect to be close b/c there's no way in hell i would pay $600 for the privilege of access to the front.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    SOLAT319 wrote:

it gets you in, but not up close. there's some VIP/gold circle packages if you want to be up on the rail. and yes, the 'high end' is what gets you up there. i don't think i could handle having to duke it out all day at a festival to keep a rail spot, so the VIPs who want to shell out $$$ can have the easy access to it. well, i don't plan on going in any case :P...but just sayin', if i did.... :D to me, a festival.....it would be more relaxed/chill, and move about a lot more, and definitely would not expect to be close b/c there's no way in hell i would pay $600 for the privilege of access to the front.

Wow, is that true? I didn't realize that. That is pretty lame, Pearl Jam playing for the $600-paying golden circle crowd. Just sayin...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Wow, is that true? I didn't realize that. That is pretty lame, Pearl Jam playing for the $600-paying golden circle crowd. Just sayin...

...and a ton of that $600 golden circle ticket price is going to pay them, so, PJ is kinda to blame. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited December 2009
    SOLAT319 wrote:

that's on jazzfest, not pj.
    just sayin'.

i read jazzfest did it last year and decided to do so again this year. pj is just playing, not setting the parameters. that's up to the festival.

also, i do believe the $600 pricetag is for the whole weekend, not one day...so not comparable to the $40, at all. that $40 has to be quadrupled to compare. and sure, still, $600 in comparison to $160 is still a huge jump....but it's not $600 compared to $40. just to clarify.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Just curious, do you think that this is a new thing that Jazz fest just installed for PJ? PJ wants to play this festival, this is one of the conditions Jazz Fest puts forth. I guess they could just not play it though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    $600 a ticket?!?! WTF?!?! what kind of elitist douchebaggery is this?!?!

corporate fuck bags get out of my fucking faaaaaaaaaaace!!!!!!!!

ahhhh.....give me the days when the band spit on shit like that!
  • Options
    getting back to the thread topic 8-) ....there's 2 more days this week for a hopeful announcement, see if the OP was right! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    getting back to the thread topic 8-) ....there's 2 more days this week for a hopeful announcement, see if the OP was right! :mrgreen:

indeed!

13,742 views for this thread. I wanna see "dates", not "date".

and actually, I'd also count Saturday, so 3 days. :D
  • Options

yeah........hold your breath and you'll look like this. ;)
    coolest-smurfette-halloween-costume-11-41082.jpg

which i guess isn't too bad. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options

If I was a jazz fan, I'd be pissed that they would charge $600 for a ticket to a jazz festival where a fucking grunge band was the headliner. The same way I'd be pissed if a jazz band headlined Lollapalooza and tickets cost hundreds of dollars for it.

I remember Ed denouncing Woodstock '99 in an old Tenclub Newsletter because of how corporate it was. What a fucking hypocrite.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187

"yesterdays how quick they change .. all lost and long gone now .. " I say we all head to Sunnyvale trailer park and smoke some bongs, pet some kitties and just watch 2b2k really loud;) I'll even make some authentic Cajun cuisine so we don't feel like we are missing out ;)
  • Options

"yesterdays how quick they change .. all lost and long gone now .. " I say we all head to Sunnyvale trailer park and smoke some bongs, pet some kitties and just watch 2b2k really loud;) I'll even make some authentic Cajun cuisine so we don't feel like we are missing out ;)

sounds fuck'n awesome...i got some good dope and chicken fingers and we'll get drunk as fuck!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821

yeah........hold your breath and you'll look like this. ;)
    coolest-smurfette-halloween-costume-11-41082.jpg

which i guess isn't too bad. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I didn't know smurf's could grow that tall! :shock:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    not sure why everyone is pissed about the special tickets. bonnaroo sells VIP tickets as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

If I was a jazz fan, I'd be pissed that they would charge $600 for a ticket to a jazz festival where a fucking grunge band was the headliner. The same way I'd be pissed if a jazz band headlined Lollapalooza and tickets cost hundreds of dollars for it.

I remember Ed denouncing Woodstock '99 in an old Tenclub Newsletter because of how corporate it was. What a fucking hypocrite.
    I guess some people like Ed become Conservative as they age, as well as conforming... :roll:

I thought the same thing though. If I were a hard-core jazz fan, I would not like the fact that the jazz fest is turning into a rock fest.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    not sure why everyone is pissed about the special tickets. bonnaroo sells VIP tickets as well.
    good call- but at Roo, you have a pretty good chance to be up on the rail
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    LukinFan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    good call- but at Roo, you have a pretty good chance to be up on the rail

Every fest is different. Many fests cater to those with the money and they sit up front.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    i think $600 is a steal.

by the way, give it up folks. there's not gonna be any more tour news till january.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

also, i do believe the $600 pricetag is for the whole weekend, not one day...so not comparable to the $40, at all. that $40 has to be quadrupled to compare. and sure, still, $600 in comparison to $160 is still a huge jump....but it's not $600 compared to $40. just to clarify.[/quote]

yes the pricier options were for 4 days (sorry to rile anyone up, to me wasnt must difference when lowest vip $ is still 60% higher a day) i'm totally stoked on going and dont need to be at the rail (tk you oz!!) but just how far will we be and do i need to worry cheap tix will sell out? tks for any advice :)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    81 wrote:

4 different vip options tho? (never done the roo either)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    the $600 ticket is good for 4 days...$150 per day is below-average in terms of festival "VIP" tickets.

The high-priced tickets help keep the regular ticket prices low.
  • Options
    Joe2468 or CJMST3K, or anyone.............Hearing anything?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    mauichick wrote:
    81 wrote:

I went VIP to Bonnaroo in 08. it was $625. The perks were well worth the ticket price. VIP had its own private camping area literally a 3 minute walk to the festival grounds. The best part was the VIPs had their own private entrance into Centeroo...no lines no secruity hassles. you could get to the main stage from my campsite in roughly 5 mins. this is compared to some people who had to walk up to 1 hour just to get to Centeroo.

Other perks were: private VIP party on thursday night with an open bar and private performance. Three meals/day....(although the food wasnt anything special) VIP only bathroom/shower facilities that were air conditioned and always clean and tidy. Free Bonnaroo poster and Tshirt...free "Best of Roo 08" DVD.

it was well worth the money and if i ever went back to Bonnaroo i would go VIP without hesistation.
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    81 wrote:

some people just like to get pissed, and i don't mean drunk. ;):D:lol:
    given that it is entirely out of pj's hands, they have nada to do with it....yea, i don't get it. sure, they don't have to play the fest, but maybe they want to? such is life.

so we've got today or tomorrow, see if the OP was right, or if we have to wait until january. i DO hope we get an announcement by january or february - be great to have more shows, know about em, plan for em...and yes, 10c ticket sales before march 1st please and thank you.

JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    the $600 ticket is good for 4 days...$150 per day is below-average in terms of festival "VIP" tickets.

The high-priced tickets help keep the regular ticket prices low.

good point! :thumbup:

and yes, i had said it was for all 4 days, not just one...and here too you're right. i think we paid close to that for the rock the bells festival a few years ago, and we were only going to see rage against the machine. it was well worth it tho!

cjm.....saturday doesn't count. have we ever gotten an announcement on a weekend? first time for everything of course, but 10c does usually keep to weekdays, and i thank them for that. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jets521 wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    81 wrote:

I went VIP to Bonnaroo in 08. it was $625. The perks were well worth the ticket price. VIP had its own private camping area literally a 3 minute walk to the festival grounds. The best part was the VIPs had their own private entrance into Centeroo...no lines no secruity hassles. you could get to the main stage from my campsite in roughly 5 mins. this is compared to some people who had to walk up to 1 hour just to get to Centeroo.

Other perks were: private VIP party on thursday night with an open bar and private performance. Three meals/day....(although the food wasnt anything special) VIP only bathroom/shower facilities that were air conditioned and always clean and tidy. Free Bonnaroo poster and Tshirt...free "Best of Roo 08" DVD.

it was well worth the money and if i ever went back to Bonnaroo i would go VIP without hesistation.

Yes, but at Roo that $625 also included camping- which, yes, I agree, it was a great price. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the VIP for JazzFest (or regualr ticket) does not include camping. I can aonlt assume that since it's in NO, there is in camping
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    mauichick wrote:

yes the pricier options were for 4 days (sorry to rile anyone up, to me wasnt must difference when lowest vip $ is still 60% higher a day) i'm totally stoked on going and dont need to be at the rail (tk you oz!!) but just how far will we be and do i need to worry cheap tix will sell out? tks for any advice :)
    I'm not sure how close you will get sinc eI've never been, but a number of people have said that it has never sold out so it shouldn't be a problem waiting I'd imagine
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I really doubt we are going to get any big US tour announcement this week. Jazz Fest is it for now. Hopefully good news in January.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    ponner1us wrote:
    Joe2468 or CJMST3K, or anyone.............Hearing anything?

The only info I am privy to is regarding "Gardening". I've not heard of any differences from my original thread, so I am hoping those "seeds are growing", so to speak.

This talk about "US dates" being announced this week is strictly from Joe's thread that it is coming this week. I have no knowledge about it.
  • Options
    U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited December 2009
    the OP is frontn' / he don't know nuthin' / you might as well listen to a fucking egg mcmuffin

egg-mcmuffin.jpg

mcmuffin, mcmuffin...you cheesy greasy little whore/tell me, tell me...when will Pearl Jam tour?

mcmuffin says "I don't fuckn' know..my guess is as good as Joe...but yo...for $2.99 you can have me and my ho"

$2.99!!! mcmuffin you're crazy..damn you think i'm rich?

mcmuffin says "shit, you the one talking to a breakfast sandwhich ya broke ass bitch"
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on