So long PJ! 2010 "euro"tour is a JOKE! Northern parts??

TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
edited December 2009 in The Porch
How about Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Iceland? Every year some member of the band promises that they will play in northern europe countries, but it will not happen. This europe 2010 "tour" is a joke. Once again the same cities/countries. Won't ever travel again to another PJ show. :| :thumbdown: :thumbdown: And actually I don't really mind not hearing Backspacer songs live. Weakest album to date. :arrow:
134xxx
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    TT8270 wrote:
    How about Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Iceland? Every year some member of the band promises that they will play in northern europe countries, but it will not happen. This europe 2010 "tour" is a joke. Once again the same cities/countries. Won't ever travel again to another PJ show. :| :thumbdown: :thumbdown: And actually I don't really mind not hearing Backspacer songs live. Weakest album to date. :arrow:

One more lot of tickets in the pot, hoping enough people think this so they don't sell out straight away! ;):lol:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Backspacer is fucking great, damnit!
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    If you think that's bad, how about continent's that haven't even seen Pearl Jam in year's? Places like South America, Asia, South Africa? How about the southern states of the USA? Least you live on the continent of Europe that get's a Pearl Jam show every summer now. It's not a far drive or travel. There's nothing wrong traveling south. ;)
  • I guess you know what all those TBD(to be determined) dates are already? Is it possible some may be in other countries than those listed?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Plus you have IKEA.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Plus you have IKEA.

:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    TT8270 wrote:
    Well holy crap. I guess Backspacer would be awesome if they played three shows in your town. Way to complain.

They are an American band. They're lucky to be able to go over sees at all.

Europe is like the states. They can't play every home town. If you really want to see them, you travel.

Maybe they band shouldn't tour at all so no one feels like they are being treated unfairly.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Fuck me

more whining
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Plus you have IKEA.
    LOL
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    demetrios wrote:
    If you think that's bad, how about continent's that haven't even seen Pearl Jam in year's? Places like South America, Asia, South Africa? How about the southern states of the USA? Least you live on the continent of Europe that get's a Pearl Jam show every summer now. It's not a far drive or travel. There's nothing wrong traveling south. ;)
    And at least Europe is easily accessible. Getting around is a breeze.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • heh PLAY THE NORTH!

(but seriously, PLAY THE SOUTH in the US!)
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    bye now
  • Seeing as we are experiencing the biggest depression in our history, i would have loved to get to see them in Iceland. It would cost me three months worth of salary to go to see them in any of the cities that have been confirmed but i´ll keep my fingers crossed that Reykjavik will fit in there somewhere though i very much doubt it.

Iv'e got my eye on Berlin as i went to the 2006 concert and it was crazy.

Here's to hoping they visit Reykjavik in 2010 :)
    Praise the man who brought us the remote control!!
  • TT8270 wrote:

You think you have it bad. I had to watch them play The Fixer FOUR TIMES in Philly. Oh the humanity!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • TT8270 wrote:

Backspacer is awesome live....but i guess you'll never know that!!!!
  • TT8270 wrote:

I'm not so sure any of those places even exist... :shock:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • I guess you know what all those TBD(to be determined) dates are already? Is it possible some may be in other countries than those listed?
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Gdynia, Poland
    ??, Italy
    Bilbao, Spain

No Denmark, Finland, Sweden or Norway
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Fuck me

more whining

+1
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • TT8270 wrote:

I'm not so sure any of those places even exist... :shock:

:roll:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • TT8270 wrote:

Aww, poor baby. :cry::cry::cry:
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    Right on that Backspacer is weak!!!!! Unthought know is, I believe, a Coldplay cover????anyone? anyone?
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    Didn't you hear, North is the new South! Stone has made the band sign a contract that says they will only play between 30 degrees North and 60 degrees North on the map? :lol:

They only play Australia so they can go somewhere warm in the Winter!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • TT8270 wrote:

they can't make everyone happy
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    TT8270 wrote:

Backspacer is awesome live....but i guess you'll never know that!!!!

:lol: Ouch!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • This thread is ridiculous.

PJ, an AMERICAN band is touring EUROPE....which they seem to have been touring often the past few years...and you're complaining that they're not going to the Northern parts?? You gotta be joking...

Complaining about that is like all of us Americans complaining that Radiohead NEVER plays the U.S. (which they hardly ever do...especially Michigan where I'm from they haven't played in years and years).

At least you have a chance to see them perform on your home continent.
  • There is another thread complaining about why the band doesnt announce tours sooner, now here is this thread. Can none of you figure it out, it takes allot of work to set up up a tour and many venues are much more difficult than others, so the band does its best to compromise by announcing a tour as soon as they have a bunch lined up and they always add a bunch more when they can firm them up. My town the same, hard as nails to book in, so every tour I bite my nails till weeks or months later and finally my town gets announced, or not, and I can at least breath again. I think given the size of Europe and the closeness of countries compared to spread out USA that Europe is prob much easier to tour with the band than the US. And I know they love touring Euope and OZ, and getting to South America. Quitcherbitchin and get excited, pj is coming, and Backspacer live is awesome, or throw a tantrum and stay home. Your choice
  • Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    TT8270 wrote:

In all fairness to you, it's fine if they don't play there but they shouldn't keep promising if they're not going to show up...that's annoying.
  • If the mountain wont come to Mohammad - smash the drawing room... 8-)
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    strummers wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:

One more lot of tickets in the pot, hoping enough people think this so they don't sell out straight away! ;):lol:

ahahahah well said strummers :-D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Belfast is pretty northern.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.