So long PJ! 2010 "euro"tour is a JOKE! Northern parts??

2»

Comments

• I feel pity for all the fans in FINLAND, only one show, and that was as an opening act for Neil Young 1993!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• please play the south
  • I kind of hope they don't come to Norway, it feels a bit more special having to travel to a foreign country to watch your favourite band ;)
  • Well, I was kinda disappointed to see that Italy is not included in the tour... but I don't see a point in coming here and complaining like the OP did... especially the Backspacer comment, that sounded lke something rude written in a moment of anger.

It's true though that the band should not rise false hopes...
    In the Immagine in Cornice DVD Eddie says that it's not gonna be 6 more years before they go back to Italy... and that was 2006... next year will be 4 already... I guess we should not take seriously these kind of comments made by band members.

Anyway... as someone said before, there are countries that never see Pear Jam playing, and also parts of the US that rarely get concerts (south?!)... So we europeans can't really complain... :P
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • demetrios wrote:
    If you think that's bad, how about continent's that haven't even seen Pearl Jam in year's? Places like South America, Asia, South Africa? How about the southern states of the USA? Least you live on the continent of Europe that get's a Pearl Jam show every summer now. It's not a far drive or travel. There's nothing wrong traveling south. ;)

well said. there are areas in the US that take further to travel for some shows than going from say stockholm to berlin. or yes....the countries on contnients that haven't gotten any love in a few years, or ever.

besides, who is to say pj doesn't add more dates, play other cities...or yes, maybe they will come back and hit up those spots in 2011? sure, maybe they won't....but such is life eh?

enjoy the music.
    hope you can get yourself somewhere to enjoy some live shows.

I feel pity for all the fans in FINLAND, only one show, and that was as an opening act for Neil Young 1993!

they go back to finland someday i am so THERE. one of my lifelong friends (my maid of honor in fact) lives in helsinki. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    "tour dates updated" :clap: + :sick: + :thumbdown:

haha. Always the same countries/cities.

And I don't see a point comparing US to Europe. It's completely different & cheaper to travel inside one country (US) than several (Europe).
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • TT8270 wrote:
    "tour dates updated" :clap: + :sick: + :thumbdown:

haha. Always the same countries/cities.

And I don't see a point comparing US to Europe. It's completely different & cheaper to travel inside one country (US) than several (Europe).

i beg to differ.
    me flying from NY to LA or seattle costs a helluva LOT MORE than my flight from london to dusseldorf for the shows in 07, for one example. it IS relevant.

so say someone in new mexico - have pearl jam ever played there? - who flew into say philly for the recent shows, well...probably costs more money than going from say vienna to berlin. and the people in japan, SA, israel, etc.....yea.....they're waiting for shows closer, or travelling far to see the band. so it goes...

i do understand your disappointment and frustration, but all many are saying, is it certainly is not unique to northern europe only, it happens everywhere.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow