ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited December 2009 in The Porch
We're (hopefully) about to get official tour news... Something I have to talk to my boyfriend about for so many different factors:

~ It's mainly fastival dates, we said we won't do mainly festivals.
~ It's so close to the rather expensive time of the year called 'Christmas'.
~ He's done the whole Euro touring thing a few times before so he knows what he's doing.
~ The pre-sale could start in the next hour for all I know and he has the fundage card on him, right now.
~ I need a good bitch about it all.
~ How many do we do?
~ Dublin? Belfast? Both?
~ I want to go.

So, baring all that in mind, now please recognise my plight in that his phone has broken and I have absolutely NO WAY of contacting him... at all. He doesn't get home until 18:30 and i'm about to explode with excitement/frustration.

Bugger.
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I feel your pain Sian!!

Hoping of Dub, belfast and either London or Berlin. The funds are shite!!
    Thanks fuck I have all my xmas gifts got.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you spelled ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! wrong... one too many H there.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • At least you say you have the funds to order now if the presales are today.

I'm screwed if we have to order tickets today. Can't believe the lack of notice about this.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • dunkman wrote:
    you spelled ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! wrong... one too many H there.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • but if you dont buy boyfriend might be upset..

shit show him my post blame me...tell hm it was not the voices in your head...

buy buy buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :twisted:

I'm screwed if we have to order tickets today. Can't believe the lack of notice about this.

I think I have the funds over 2 credit cards. As you said, we got no notice and it takes a day or 2 to transfer funds to a card.

Do they take laser??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14

I think I have the funds over 2 credit cards. As you said, we got no notice and it takes a day or 2 to transfer funds to a card.

Do they take laser??

Glad it seems you will be able to do it.... If it is today then I can't get tickets... a bit of notice and I could have been able to do it. But alas... Guess it will be just Hyde Park for me if the presales are today. Was planning on doing Dublin and Belfast too but oh well.
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • who the fuck has ticket sales just before Christmas?!?!?! FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    who the fuck has ticket sales just before Christmas?!?!?! FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl Jam.

they never ever do a ticket release sensibly... they either do dribs and drabs... or they sell them the day after an email.

but never easy.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • la la la la la.......
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • who the fuck has ticket sales just before Christmas?!?!?! FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AMENt to that!!!

We possibly have funds, it's all in his name, hence why i'm so desperate to talk to him!

(oh and because I love and miss him too of course... :oops: )

Luckily we have 90% of Christmas sorted and we wouldn't be doing all the dates... otherwise we'd be fooked! I just hope they don't release these dates and then more that we'd want to go to as well :? I'm hoping we can make Belfast or Dublin or both, Berlin (this is a must for me) and Nijmegen so far... Nijmegen will go out the window if more PJ only shows are announced though...

I have to say, I normally stick up for Tenclub but I think they dropped the ball on this one... shoddiness.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Please don't let the 10C presales start today.
    Please don't let the 10C presales start today.
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • dunkman wrote:
    who the fuck has ticket sales just before Christmas?!?!?! FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl Jam.

they never ever do a ticket release sensibly... they either do dribs and drabs... or they sell them the day after an email.

but never easy.

yup....i wish it wasn't so...but you are 100% right!

(how's it going dunk? I have not seen you around in awhile)
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    Christmas is overrated anyway. Pearl Jam is the only religious experience you need!

Brothers and sisters, can I get an AMEN to that?!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

They start on Wednesday :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2

They start on Wednesday :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

WHOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just spoke to him indoors (he used his work friends pone to call me) and he seemed rather pleased! Even when I told him I won't take no for an answer on Berlin! :mrgreen: Happy days...

OHHHHHHHHH i'm all excited now! :mrgreen:

• 2010 European Tour Announced

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of select European festival and headlining tour dates in June and July of 2010. The band's European dates kick off in Dublin, Ireland at the 02 Arena and close at the Optimus Alive Festival in Lisbon, Portugal.

PEARL JAM EUROPE 2010

DATE CITY VENUE
    22-June * Dublin, Ireland 02 Arena
    23-June * Belfast, Ireland Odyssey Arena
    25-June London, England Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
    27-June ** TBD TBD
    30-June * Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
    1-July ** TBD TBD
    3-July Arras, France Main Square Festival
    4-July Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
    6-July ** TBD TBD
    9-July ** TBD TBD
    10-July Oeiras, Portugal Optimus Alive Festival

* Pearl Jam headlining dates. Opening acts TBA.
    ** Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced.

Ten Club is offering pre-sale tickets to active members only for the following shows:

• Dublin 22-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 9AM Pacific (5 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • Belfast 23-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 10AM Pacific (6 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • London 25-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 11AM Pacific (7 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • Berlin 30-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 12 Noon Pacific (8 PM London) Wednesday 9-December

You must be an active member as of December 4, 2009 to qualify for the pre-sale.

Beginning Wednesday, 9-December at 9 AM Pacific time, Ten Club tickets can be purchased online at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard only. No phone orders. Ticket prices will vary. Ten Club tickets are available while supplies last. The pre-sale will end Thursday, 10-December at 2 PM Pacific time. For wheelchair accessible seating, please make your ticket purchase online, then contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net&gt; for details. Eligible Ten Club members are allowed to purchase two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets are sold.

Ten Club pre-sale tickets will be "standing-only" tickets. Ten Club members purchasing these tickets will be allowed early entry. Details to follow upon confirmation.

Please read the following details before making a ticket purchase:

- Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show.

- The fan club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification. No exceptions.

- Purchasing Ten Club tickets means you agree to all Ten Club ticket policies and distributing procedures.

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.

- All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No transfers. No exchanges.

- All dates are subject to change.

Stay tuned to www.pearljam.com for public on-sale information and vendors.

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be answered here http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets, emailing <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net&gt; , or by calling 800-724-8038 (international phone rates may apply).

Thanks and enjoy the shows!

-10Club
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

It's not stupid really. 10C knows that 100% of people who are serious about going to these shows would take gifts back to the store to afford tix.

But in reality, tix don't need to go on sale 2 weeks before Xmas for June/July shows. First week in Jan would have been better IMO
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

WHOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just spoke to him indoors (he used his work friends pone to call me) and he seemed rather pleased! Even when I told him I won't take no for an answer on Berlin! :mrgreen: Happy days...

:mrgreen::mrgreen: Hurrah!!!
    What ones are you going to do? (She says whilst trying to decide herself and thinking about how she can leave work early to get home in time to get tickets!!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 

It's not stupid really. 10C knows that 100% of people who are serious about going to these shows would take gifts back to the store to afford tix.

But in reality, tix don't need to go on sale 2 weeks before Xmas for June/July shows. First week in Jan would have been better IMO

To be fair, i'm 100% serious about going to these shows but I certainly wouldn't take anything back or impact my Christmas in any way to go. Christmas isn't just for me, PJ shows are. I know a hell of a lot of PJ fans who have children and families to buy gifts for at Christmas, I sincerley hope they wouldn't see them go without so they could attend a PJ show or two.

I agree that Jan would've been better. In 2007 they played Wembley in June, the tickets went on sale at the end of January... that would've been a good time for this tour too but it just hasn't happened. I'm not arguing with it, i'm just saying that the timing's a little off for those of us who don't have a bottomless bank account.

• dottles wrote:

What ones are you going to do? (She says whilst trying to decide herself and thinking about how she can leave work early to get home in time to get tickets!!)

I told him Berlin was non-negotiable :lol:
    We're also looking at Belfast, Nijmegen (when it goes up),possibly Dublin and keeping an open mind/wallet for the other shows TBD. If they play Italy, we're there.

I wouldn't mind doing London as we have many friends there who won't be able to get abroad but as i've only ever been out of this country twice and never seen PJ in any other country, that's our priority. It's also the last year we'll be travelling lots to see them so we're gonna make the most of it while we can :D

• dottles wrote:

We're also looking at Belfast, Nijmegen (when it goes up),possibly Dublin and keeping an open mind/wallet for the other shows TBD. If they play Italy, we're there.

I wouldn't mind doing London as we have many friends there who won't be able to get abroad but as i've only ever been out of this country twice and never seen PJ in any other country, that's our priority. It's also the last year we'll be travelling lots to see them so we're gonna make the most of it while we can :D

I think me and my buddy are gonna do Dublin - Belfast - London but i'm VERY tempted with Berlin.

Might see about scrapping London and go to Berlin instead :D

Im trying to pay off my credit card and i guess Berlin will be expensive (flight and all) Damn got 1 day to decide.
  • dottles wrote:

I think me and my buddy are gonna do Dublin - Belfast - London but i'm VERY tempted with Berlin.

Might see about scrapping London and go to Berlin instead :D

Im trying to pay off my credit card and i guess Berlin will be expensive (flight and all) Damn got 1 day to decide.

I can see most people doing Dublin - Belfast - London to be honest... I'd like to do at least one Irish show and as Belfast is cheaper, we'll probably go there... just so we can afford Berlin :lol:

• I can see most people doing Dublin - Belfast - London to be honest... I'd like to do at least one Irish show and as Belfast is cheaper, we'll probably go there... just so we can afford Berlin :lol:
    berlin is epic!!!

• I can see most people doing Dublin - Belfast - London to be honest... I'd like to do at least one Irish show and as Belfast is cheaper, we'll probably go there... just so we can afford Berlin :lol:
    berlin is epic!!!

Half the reason I'm so set on going to Berlin is because i've wanted to see the city for so long... I honestly can't wait and i'm sooooooooo f*cking happy we're getting a date there! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'd be happier if we had a PJ headliner in Italy too 8-)

berlin is epic!!!

Half the reason I'm so set on going to Berlin is because i've wanted to see the city for so long... I honestly can't wait and i'm sooooooooo f*cking happy we're getting a date there! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'd be happier if we had a PJ headliner in Italy too 8-)

Yeah me too, i've always wanted to go to germany & Wuhleide. Maybe i should forget the other shows and just go Berlin for a few days?
    mmmmmmmmm 1 Pearl Jam show or 3? :mrgreen:
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Crikey guys here we have further proof that nothing pj or 10club do will ever be good enough on this board

check out page 1 here. It's untrue.
    Do you really think pj tell hard rock or the others when to sell tickets or when to announce the slot?

They throw in a few arenas too and do we get excitement? Nope just moans a plenty

unreal
    dunkman wrote:

Pearl Jam.

but never easy.

yup....i wish it wasn't so...but you are 100% right!

(how's it going dunk? I have not seen you around in awhile)

not bad man... busy busy, but thngs getting back to normal for a bit :thumbup:

hope you are well. :thumbup:
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Crikey guys here we have further proof that nothing pj or 10club do will ever be good enough on this board

Do you really think pj tell hard rock or the others when to sell tickets or when to announce the slot?

They throw in a few arenas too and do we get excitement? Nope just moans a plenty

unreal

Trust me pdalowsky, I'm f*ckin stoked!!! :mrgreen:

I'm not moaning, just getting on with it! My original post was mainly a bitch about the fact I can't talk to my boyfriend, not the tour news! I wasn't moaning that it's mainly festival dates, just the fact I couldn't discuss whether we'd go or not with him... etc etc.

Sorry if it came across like that :D

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    pdalowsky wrote:

unreal

Trust me pdalowsky, I'm f*ckin stoked!!! :mrgreen:

I'm not moaning, just getting on with it! My original post was mainly a bitch about the fact I can't talk to my boyfriend, not the tour news! I wasn't moaning that it's mainly festival dates, just the fact I couldn't discuss whether we'd go or not with him... etc etc.

Sorry if it came across like that :D

Sian, your initial post was great, like exactly how my thoughts were - my head was and still is in a whirl...I liked it, because i found a lot in common there between us

where do i go

what will my wife say? (not a PJ fan but has to live with me who rather likes them)

Can I fit it in around work?

can i get from a - b to c and keep the wife happy with my little boy tagging along?

who will have the dog?

what if tickets go on sale?

arrrgghhh - i get that - to be honest i havent worked it out yet....

its the constant pissing and moaning on this board since that was getting on my tits. Every thread you open has someone grumbling about how Pj's timing is terrible, their annoucement are a shambles again, they really let us down....blah blah blah....pj are robbing people before xmas - dont they know people have presents to buy.

Its like Pj will have had a choice in annoucning this date when Hard rock decided to, and the various other festivals, its like they could decide when the festival would sell its tickets.....its unreal...everytime there is ever any news on here - and I mean every single time, the moaning starts - critism is fine but sometimes the moaning is purely that, or people spouting off without acrtually thinking it through first