mediocre

2»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

That makes absolutely no sense. The spammers and trolls were easily able to access the site and troll around if they wanted when it was a free board. No one is gonna pay to troll. The OP would have started this thread with or without a tenclub membership.

Having said that, it is a stupid thread.
    i was talking more so bout an actual pj fan trolling, not some random dude whose bored and drunk. i guess it's just i've noticed alot more people with lower posts counts making threads like this as of late.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    pkh43 wrote:
    ....but a facts a fact.

It's true, a fact is a fact. And an opinion is an opinion. You should learn the difference between the two when you have some free time.
  • to the poster-- you can't compare the two... thats only a matter of opinion. and I disagree
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • pkh43 wrote:
    After listening to "Them Crooked Vultures" CD I realize how Mediocre "Backspacer" is. it is Over Produced and the worst song on TCV cd is better than Backspacers best. I am a Huge PJ fan. Always will be....but a facts a fact. Let the name calling begin from the blind sheep.

Maybe you are the sheep and blinded by your love of led zeppelin, queens of the stone age, foo fighters or all of the above. TCV is a very good album and i would agree that overall its probably better than backspacer, but that is the most ridiculous statement i have read in a very long time. There are some very ordinary songs on that TCV album. I am looking forward to seeing them in january, but i cant see them being any better than pearl jam live. i have seen hundreds of different bands and pearl jam are by far the best i have ever seen.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    So you don't like Backspacer. Boo hoo.

Why even compare music? It's all relative. Most of us follow this band like sheep because they happen to keep putting out awesome albums.

And by the way, I like over-produced albums. Sue Me.

P.S. there are no facts about the effectiveness of music. It's all opinion and relative.

Bah!
    8-)
  • Both TCV and Backspacer are solid, excellent albums, IMO. Don't really see how Backspacer is overproduced. If anything, the production on Backspacer is the best I've heard since Yield; that clean, yet raw sound that it seems only Brendan can give them...

In my 6 CD changer in the car, it so happens Backspacer is in slot #3 and Them Crooked Vultures is in slot #4. That makes the car a pretty good place to be in right now. It's great because when Ed sings "Not much longer" a few seconds, the drums in at TCV album kicks in. Both are very different from eachother and I love both of those albums. I think they compliment eachother very well.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • backspacer1.jpg
    backspacer2.jpg
    backspacer3.jpg

Dave doesn't seem to mind....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Dave Grohl sucks... ok, he's ok, but I can't imagine anything he ever does being comparable or better than Pearl Jam. Queens of the Stone Age we only "ok" too.

The best album of the decade is The Shins, Wincing the Night Away, IMO.. Backspacer a close contender.
  • Yeah, I hope that TCV is better than the Foos cause I think that shit is boring as F*%^&!!! Really though, The Color And The Shape was their only good album. ;) Bohnam Schmanm....and Holmes is a F@#!! :lol: Sorry, just saw Boondocks II and I just can't help myself.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Songburst wrote:
    The Vultures album is good but it isn't as good as the worst Foo Fighters album. The best Foo FIghters album isn't as good as the worst PJ album. Therefore the Vultures album is much worse than Backspacer (as that is not PJs worst album).

How's that for album logic? I love programming.

I agree with you :P
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Both TCV and Backspacer are solid, excellent albums, IMO. Don't really see how Backspacer is overproduced. If anything, the production on Backspacer is the best I've heard since Yield; that clean, yet raw sound that it seems only Brendan can give them...

In my 6 CD changer in the car, it so happens Backspacer is in slot #3 and Them Crooked Vultures is in slot #4. That makes the car a pretty good place to be in right now. It's great because when Ed sings "Not much longer" a few seconds, the drums in at TCV album kicks in. Both are very different from eachother and I love both of those albums. I think they compliment eachother very well.

That's bad ass. I think I may have to rearrange my CDs and try the Backspacer to TCV order too. Right now, I think I have it as Backspacer to Black Gives Way to Blue (new AIC), which isn't bad either. I also agree that both albums compliment each other really well too. The production on both is pretty much flawless, IMO.
  • I don't understand the purple box thing on Kanye's head????
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    I don't understand the purple box thing on Kanye's head????

its the guy who made the thread's avatar
  • satansbed wrote:

its the guy who made the thread's avatar

LOL :lol:
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Thanks for the laugh! TCV is interesting...but not even close IMO. Backspacer is a really good album. You're seduced by the novelty of the TCV album. It's all opinion anyways...but in no way is Backspacer a second rate album to Them Crooked Vultures.

BTW...I'm a black sheep.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • TCV flat out jams. There's a song on there called "No one loves me and neither do I" which rocks harder than any song on backspacer. It doesn't have the emotional depth of backspacer, but backspacer doesn't hold a candle in the rock department. Got Some's good, but it couldn't hang on this record.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    metsfan wrote:

That makes absolutely no sense. The spammers and trolls were easily able to access the site and troll around if they wanted when it was a free board. No one is gonna pay to troll. The OP would have started this thread with or without a tenclub membership.

i was talking more so bout an actual pj fan trolling, not some random dude whose bored and drunk. i guess it's just i've noticed alot more people with lower posts counts making threads like this as of late.

Metsfan is right this place can be full of strange people at times, people determined to know best, people who critisise everything Pj does, doesnt do, everything tenclub does etc etc,

It speaks volumes when the other day i got an email from a fan from Germany, who openly admitted to not posting here because it always seems to be full of idiots, and she felt a little self conscious posting here......

a mean what kidn of guy comes on here proud of himself for ensuring he made a couple pay to admit their baby to a show....the kind of guy who deostn realise that those people are payin his wages....
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Metsfan is right this place can be full of strange people at times, people determined to know best, people who critisise everything Pj does, doesnt do, everything tenclub does etc etc,

It speaks volumes when the other day i got an email from a fan from Germany, who openly admitted to not posting here because it always seems to be full of idiots, and she felt a little self conscious posting here......

a mean what kidn of guy comes on here proud of himself for ensuring he made a couple pay to admit their baby to a show....the kind of guy who deostn realise that those people are payin his wages....

I agree with you and Metsfan that this place has a lot of idiots. But I disagree with Metsfan when he says that it's due to the fact that the board is all tenclub members. I think it was a lot worse before the board became tenclub only.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pkh43 wrote:
    After listening to "Them Crooked Vultures" CD I realize how Mediocre "Backspacer" is. it is Over Produced and the worst song on TCV cd is better than Backspacers best. I am a Huge PJ fan. Always will be....but a facts a fact. Let the name calling begin from the blind sheep.

well...if i'm blind, that must make you fucking deaf!!!!!! Them Crooked Vultures suck ass!!!!!!!
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    "Wait....What? I don't understand the head on my favorite musician Kanye......"

you sir are an idiot.

pkh43 wrote:

you sir are an idiot.

don't be an ass, maybe he just didn't see your avatar
  • what an asshole.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    edited December 2009
    satansbed wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

you sir are an idiot.

don't be an ass, maybe he just didn't see your avatar

DUDES it was a J-O-K-E.
    Post edited by pkh43 on
    pkh43 wrote:

DUDES it was a J-O-K-E.

Oh and Husker Due called they want their Grammy for "beyond the Threshold" = Spin the Black Circle and I just spoke to Devo they want their song back (Got Some = Gut Feeling) and LEd Zep with Goin to California = Given to Fly and so on and so on and so on.
    I was just stating an opinion people. Mets fan says it best...........

why are you even a member of the fan club so??? this place confuses me
    satansbed wrote:
    pkh43 wrote:

DUDES it was a J-O-K-E.

]

why are you even a member of the fan club so??? this place confuses me

been a fan club member since 92. I am confused myself....especially with the changes with the band. Beware though!!! do not state your displeassure with anything the band does because you will be pounced on and called a whiner or told to not be a fan club member if you do not like it. or given the dreaded smile face brush off.
This discussion has been closed.