mediocre

pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
edited December 2009 in The Porch
After listening to "Them Crooked Vultures" CD I realize how Mediocre "Backspacer" is. it is Over Produced and the worst song on TCV cd is better than Backspacers best. I am a Huge PJ fan. Always will be....but a facts a fact. Let the name calling begin from the blind sheep.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't heard the TCV album yet, but it wouldn't surprise me all that much...BACKSPACER is not an epic album by any means...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    FINALLY.... another person on here that is not blinded by their love of PJ. State the TRUTH about Backspacer and you get ridiculed......you should get TCV CD. John Paul Jones and Dave Grohl are insanely great together.

I haven't heard the TCV album yet, but it wouldn't surprise me all that much...BACKSPACER is not an epic album by any means...
  • pkh43 wrote:
    After listening to "Them Crooked Vultures" CD I realize how Mediocre "Backspacer" is. it is Over Produced and the worst song on TCV cd is better than Backspacers best. I am a Huge PJ fan. Always will be....but a facts a fact. Let the name calling begin from the blind sheep.

No way TCV worst is better than ATW, UK, or FON. But I dont doubt that it is a much better album, as backspacer is less than mediocre...
  • so Im a sheep because I just dont like the TCV album? Alright, then
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • IamBETELIamBETEL Posts: 110
    It's all based on personal preference, no need to call anyone a sheep or say they're blinded by Pearl Jam. I can see why people would like TCV over Backspacer.

I personally love the first half of TCV then for me the last part of the album gets real boring, real fast. So, I personally like Backspacer better than TCV, but TCV isn't a mediocre or bad album in my eyes.
  • pkh43 wrote:

I agree with this but I don't think we really need a thread about it. This is PJ's ninth album while it's the Vultures' first. I think the Vultures album is great and much better than Backspacer....but I don't think it's as good as any of PJ's first five albums.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • TCV album..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Got Some wrote:
    It's all based on personal preference, no need to call anyone a sheep or say they're blinded by Pearl Jam. I can see why people would like TCV over Backspacer.

Well said. I do agree about Backspacer's production being overdone. If you're looking for an album as experimental as previous records, Backspacer certainly isn't it. That being said, the songs are fucking great. They finally turned Jeff up, combined certain elements of almost every previous album and created a great (though yes, more radio friendly) record. Amongst the Waves reeks of Yield, Force of Nature has a Binaural/Evacuation feel, Gonna See My Friend sounds like Vs meets Avocado. And I think they added a completely new PJ flavor with songs like Unthought Known and Got Some. Backspacer would have been much more fitting as the self-titled record in my opinion. I don't think it will ever be my favorite PJ record, but I'm still enthralled with it months later.
    Doesn't matter to me if you like Backspacer or not, but our love for it certainly isn't out of blindness.
  • BS is ok. they need to get their hard rock edge back again. i just got the TCV album. my expectations are probably too high
  • blind sheep..ha that's pretty funny. I personally think there is a reason why so many people like backspacer. I love it. As for the TCV album, i have tried to get into it.Some good songs, some ordinary and don't get me wrong,those guys are really talented but i can't see your point that it's better than backspacer.I think I'm blind but that suits me fine :D
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Nice thread, still not sure I really see it's point. Are these the only two albums of the year? Why compare them?

So you like the vultures record? Why not go and use the correct forum?

Some dudes seem intent on looking for a reaction constantly
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Nice thread, still not sure I really see it's point. Are these the only two albums of the year? Why compare them?

couldn't have said it better myself. it has all the elements of someone who craves attention: calling people sheep, telling everyone that their opinion is fact, etc.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Both TCV and Backspacer are solid, excellent albums, IMO. Don't really see how Backspacer is overproduced. If anything, the production on Backspacer is the best I've heard since Yield; that clean, yet raw sound that it seems only Brendan can give them...
  • Wrong! To each their own...But WRONG! :lol:
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    You'll be disappointed if you expect anything groundbreaking or stellar out of a band that has been together for 20 years. U2 is one of the few bands that has released a truly great album after so many years together (All That You Can't Leave Behind). What bands that have been together for 20 years are good at is giving us quality music that is similar to what we have liked for the last 20 years. And what is so bad with that? I'll take it!
  • pkh43 wrote:

If someone disagrees they're a blind sheep? OK.......

I happen to think Backspacer is PJ's best album in years.
  • xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
    I think the guy that posted this thread is getting carried away and has "a member of Led Zepplin is in this band" fog over his head. Why must people post sh*t talkin non-sense on a site of a band they like and pay to be in their fan club? People are friggn amazing! If your a TRUE FAN, you should be happy that the band is still putting out new stuff for YOU to enjoy! So I guess the next douche bag is gonna comment on that they only do it for the money and bring up the Target thing. ANYONE would do the same and if you disagree your full of sh*t!
  • pkh43 wrote:
    State the TRUTH about Backspacer and you get ridiculed......

Ok, so your opinion is the truth.
    :lol:
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    xsmytx wrote:
    I think the guy that posted this thread is getting carried away and has "a member of Led Zepplin is in this band" fog over his head. Why must people post sh*t talkin non-sense on a site of a band they like and pay to be in their fan club? People are friggn amazing! If your a TRUE FAN, you should be happy that the band is still putting out new stuff for YOU to enjoy! So I guess the next douche bag is gonna comment on that they only do it for the money and bring up the Target thing. ANYONE would do the same and if you disagree your full of sh*t!

Couldn't agree more. Why not start the thread 'TCV new album very good, who agrees?', to me personally it looks a well meaning adventure with some great artists. Problem is with 3 great artists you end up with either 3 different directions or 1 direction which goes to the artist with biggest say.
    The term supergroup always puts me off, take 3 members from great bands and put them together doesnt automatically equal perfection or anything close to it.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I found TCV to be incredibly generic and as predictable a supergroup album can get. Like Chickenfoot in that regard. If to like Backspacer over this album is to be called a sheep, that's a very weird thing to say and leads me to believe you're just looking for a rise out of people here. But whatever, to each his own.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    Dann2000 wrote:
    xsmytx wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Why not start the thread 'TCV new album very good, who agrees?', to me personally it looks a well meaning adventure with some great artists. Problem is with 3 great artists you end up with either 3 different directions or 1 direction which goes to the artist with biggest say.
    The term supergroup always puts me off, take 3 members from great bands and put them together doesnt automatically equal perfection or anything close to it.

Forgot to give my opinion on BS, take out supersonic and force of nature and its a pretty good album. Problem is when my expectation is so fucking high.
  • Black10Black10 Posts: 160
    This thread is mediocre...at best.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    The Vultures album is good but it isn't as good as the worst Foo Fighters album. The best Foo FIghters album isn't as good as the worst PJ album. Therefore the Vultures album is much worse than Backspacer (as that is not PJs worst album).

How's that for album logic? I love programming.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    backspacer1.jpg
    backspacer2.jpg
    backspacer3.jpg

ha...
    hahaha....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • SammyK14 wrote:
    backspacer1.jpg
    backspacer2.jpg
    backspacer3.jpg

ha...
    hahaha....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

This is fucking hilarious.

And that pic of Dave reminds me of something that's sort of always been on my mind: What does Dave think of the albums that they've released since he got the boot? I'm sure he has to get them when they are released out of curiosity. And I bet the first time he heard stuff like Habit or Do The Evolution he was like "Fuck, I could be drumming on this stuff!!!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    pkh43 wrote:

Miserable person.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pdalowsky wrote:

+1

this is what happens when you give anyone with a 10c membership free reign to post. i miss the old days of the board when it was a community board and less spammers posted shit like this. TCV is just a side project for dave to play around with while the foos are on break. i can't take some TCV serious when they don't even tour in nyc. pathetic if you ask me.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    this is what happens when you give anyone with a 10c membership free reign to post. i miss the old days of the board when it was a community board and less spammers posted shit like this.

That makes absolutely no sense. The spammers and trolls were easily able to access the site and troll around if they wanted when it was a free board. No one is gonna pay to troll. The OP would have started this thread with or without a tenclub membership.

Having said that, it is a stupid thread.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    pkh43 wrote:

Has anyone told you that you're really good at comparing apples to oranges?
    Backspacer is not even close to being the best in the catalogue by far but it's not really that bad either. I just don't see how you compare it to TCV's album though.
    Just for the record, I saw TCV live couple of weeks ago and got extreme pleasure from seeing Dave PUMMEL those muthafucking DRUMS! They fucking rock!

am not seeing the purpose in comparison still ;)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
This discussion has been closed.