I love the shorter days and the colder weather

13»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I know everyone in LA hates the rain, obviously 'cause they have N :mrgreen: O IDEA how to drive in it...hehehe but, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

if i don't have to go outside, then let it pour but...
    eyedclaar wrote:
    People have trouble driving in the rain? I know a lot of our Cali transplants here in Idaho can't drive in the snow to save their own lives, but the rain? C'mon, what's hard about that?

dude, people here can't drive when it's dry and sunny...add a little water and driving to these people becomes like trying to solve geometry :roll:
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    mickeyrat wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    People have trouble driving in the rain? I know a lot of our Cali transplants here in Idaho can't drive in the snow to save their own lives, but the rain? C'mon, what's hard about that?
    i'm a cali native and i hate people here when they drive in the rain. mind you i know what i'm doing, but it's like the second a drop of water hits people's windshields they freak out. like they've never seen it before :? i dont understand the mystery, it's like hello, just SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
    SLOW DOWN?????? In Cali? Isn't that against the law or something? :mrgreen:

It may well be. When i drive on the freeway i try not to go above 80(non rain of course) But it is really hard not to go above. Maybe it is an LA thing.....heheh
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I know everyone in LA hates the rain, obviously 'cause they have N :mrgreen: O IDEA how to drive in it...hehehe but, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

if i don't have to go outside, then let it pour but...
    eyedclaar wrote:

dude, people here can't drive when it's dry and sunny...add a little water and driving to these people becomes like trying to solve geometry :roll:

Interesting, on dry roads, I always kind of appreciated Cali drivers. They understand blinkers, they make quick decisive lane changes even at 100 mph and don't take it personally if you pass them. In Idaho, no matter how slow a motherfucker is driving, if you try to pass, they take it as a personal insult. Races, wrecks, and gun play ensues.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    Lizardjam wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    i'm a cali native and i hate people here when they drive in the rain. mind you i know what i'm doing, but it's like the second a drop of water hits people's windshields they freak out. like they've never seen it before :? i dont understand the mystery, it's like hello, just SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
    SLOW DOWN?????? In Cali? Isn't that against the law or something? :mrgreen:

It may well be. When i drive on the freeway i try not to go above 80(non rain of course) But it is really hard not to go above. Maybe it is an LA thing.....heheh
    You must drive in the slow lane then. :mrgreen: Not above 80. :? Thats dangerous!!!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Interesting, on dry roads, I always kind of appreciated Cali drivers. They understand blinkers, they make quick decisive lane changes even at 100 mph and don't take it personally if you pass them. In Idaho, no matter how slow a motherfucker is driving, if you try to pass, they take it as a personal insult. Races, wrecks, and gun play ensues.

well those are the ones that have escaped from here...and all that is left are the wackjob asshats! :x

is there room in idaho for me and the dog? ;)
    eyedclaar wrote:

In that same vein, they also don't care when you're going 80 and they're going 50 and want to just mosey on in front of you without a care (or a glance in any direction) in the world, so you have to slam your breaks. And when you go around they look at you like YOU'RE the nut.

I was driving from San Diego back to LA once and i was in the late next to the fast late going 80 and some HUGE truck just cut me right off going 60. Did I honk? No, but i did throw my hands up. Well, he saw that and flipped out. Waved his hands outside his window for me to pass, made all kinds of hand gestures to me, and i finallly went around him just to get away from him and he hung half his body out of his window to scream at me and wave his arms and be a simple asshole, and proceeded to follow me for quite a while. I knew the moron wouldn't follow me all they way back to LA so i didn't call the police or anything but, I am a girl, all alone, with some huge psycho following me in a truck.....they have those people everywhere!!!!!!!

mickey....i try not to get in the fast lane ;) AND i do move out of the way if someone is in the fast lane behind me going faster. I just wish more people would do that in the carpool late. I hate SLOW DRIVERS AND PRIUSES(Translate: slow driver) in the carpool lane, and BUSES and TRUCKS! THey should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    Lizardjam wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

In that same vein, they also don't care when you're going 80 and they're going 50 and want to just mosey on in front of you without a care (or a glance in any direction) in the world, so you have to slam your breaks. And when you go around they look at you like YOU'RE the nut.

I was driving from San Diego back to LA once and i was in the late next to the fast late going 80 and some HUGE truck just cut me right off going 60. Did I honk? No, but i did throw my hands up. Well, he saw that and flipped out. Waved his hands outside his window for me to pass, made all kinds of hand gestures to me, and i finallly went around him just to get away from him and he hung half his body out of his window to scream at me and wave his arms and be a simple asshole, and proceeded to follow me for quite a while. I knew the moron wouldn't follow me all they way back to LA so i didn't call the police or anything but, I am a girl, all alone, with some huge psycho following me in a truck.....they have those people everywhere!!!!!!!

mickey....i try not to get in the fast lane ;) AND i do move out of the way if someone is in the fast lane behind me going faster. I just wish more people would do that in the carpool late. I hate SLOW DRIVERS AND PRIUSES(Translate: slow driver) in the carpool lane, and BUSES and TRUCKS! THey should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALL of L.A. should be grateful my mother moved from Santa Monica. That woman shouldn't be allowed to drive!!!! If you are ever in Phoenix , be on the look out for a silver PT Cruiser. Pull over and let her pass. This is for your own safety!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

well those are the ones that have escaped from here...and all that is left are the wackjob asshats! :x

I'll check with the census folks. Should be ok. If you decided to live in the mountains/forests, watch your dog. He'll either get eaten by wolves or join their pack.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

I'll check with the census folks. Should be ok. If you decided to live in the mountains/forests, watch your dog. He'll either get eaten by wolves or join their pack.

nah, he can hang with the wolves...it's those damned goats he's gotta worry about ;)
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I know it's chemical for some but I don't get the depression from the shorter days, less sun, and colder weather. If i wake up to rain it's a GOOD DAY! If i wake up to the sun in my face i just want to put the covers over my head and go back to sleep. The sun is only welcome on a cold day. Am I alone? I'm the opposite of those people with SAD!
    I know. I love waking to inches of snow and ice all over my car, icy, slippery roads, and those truck drivers! Every summer, I think, why oh why can't it be winter!!
    It just thrills me to get to run into a patch of black ice on the freeway and go into a wild spin while 50 cars are coming right at you and you are facing the wrong way.
    Oh yeah!! Joy!
    Save room for dessert!
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I know it's chemical for some but I don't get the depression from the shorter days, less sun, and colder weather. If i wake up to rain it's a GOOD DAY! If i wake up to the sun in my face i just want to put the covers over my head and go back to sleep. The sun is only welcome on a cold day. Am I alone? I'm the opposite of those people with SAD!
    I know. I love waking to inches of snow and ice all over my car, icy, slippery roads, and those truck drivers! Every summer, I think, why oh why can't it be winter!!
    It just thrills me to get to run into a patch of black ice on the freeway and go into a wild spin while 50 cars are coming right at you and you are facing the wrong way.
    Oh yeah!! Joy!

Ha! I'm sure i'd feel different if i had to drive on ice daily and shovel snow. But I don't, and i love rain!

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    summer is around the corner :D:D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Ugh, I know! We hardly ever get any winter here but luckily it's rained all week!

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Lizardjam wrote:

Ugh, I know! We hardly ever get any winter here but luckily it's rained all week!

IT was 80 degrees in september for the shows :o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Lizardjam wrote:

IT was 80 degrees in september for the shows :o

Yeah our weather is weird. My first PJ show in 2000 was the end of october and i thought my feet were going to freeze off and it sprinkled on us. no one cared, but that was the year they were giving away that plcae date book so we didn't want that to get wet!

One october when i did the aids walk it was 100+ degrees. They had firemen spraying the crowd with water. The same time the next year it was pouring rain. We never have consistent weather.