I love the shorter days and the colder weather

LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I know it's chemical for some but I don't get the depression from the shorter days, less sun, and colder weather. If i wake up to rain it's a GOOD DAY! If i wake up to the sun in my face i just want to put the covers over my head and go back to sleep. The sun is only welcome on a cold day. Am I alone? I'm the opposite of those people with SAD!
bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I totally agree with you! I'm from Oregon but didn't know how good I had it until I moved to LA 4 years ago. I'm so sick of the lack of seasons here. It's half the reason I'm moving back to the Portland area in a few months. Having the cold and rain/snow makes me appreciate the sun more when it does finally come out. I'm just fine with only about 3 months of summer, rather than the 9 months of summer I've been dealing with for the last four years. Long live the rain.
  • no way..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • the country of 3 "S"
    Sea,Sun...SEX..
    im fine by that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    What cold weather here in NY today was 68degrees :o .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    it's been quite cold here for the past few days and I'm seriously happy about that. :D I'm really wishing we'd get some snow soon, but we'll see. still, the coldness is nice. it's winter after all! :mrgreen:

I'm not terribly fond of the shorter days though.

four seasons. <3
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't mind the cold, however, i do enjoy the sun and the seasons. over cast days day after day after gets old.

we had a few flurries in the girls in the office were all freaking.

newsflash, it's chicago, its december, its going to snow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    I'm the exact same way and everyone thinks I'm nuts. I love nothing more than a freezing cold, grey day.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    hinx wrote:
    I'm the exact same way and everyone thinks I'm nuts. I love nothing more than a freezing cold, grey day.

If i wake up on a day like that I'm VERY HAPPY! I do like the snow but no, i wouldn't want to live in it. I want to live where rain is predominant. And cool weather. I might be one of the only Los Angeles, CA born and raised that despises CA weather.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Not me. I don't like being cold............and I don't like working all day and getting off when it is dark.

but I don't think I get depressed or anything. Does going home, drinking and passing out every night from said drinking constitute depression???!!!! ;):lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Not me. I don't like being cold............and I don't like working all day and getting off when it is dark.

but I don't think I get depressed or anything. Does going home, drinking and passing out every night from said drinking constitute depression???!!!! ;):lol:

Do you do it during the long days too? ;)

• it actually hasn't bothered me too much so far. it is a little strange for it to be dark by 5pm...it just makes me want to go to bed earlier, which isn't always a bad thing. i can't believe this will be my first real winter in about 16 years...i hope florida didn't spoil me too much :D
  • iamsam_pj wrote:
    it actually hasn't bothered me too much so far. it is a little strange for it to be dark by 5pm...it just makes me want to go to bed earlier, which isn't always a bad thing. i can't believe this will be my first real winter in about 16 years...i hope florida didn't spoil me too much :D
    It's not even nasty yet. Give it a few weeks ;)
    NERDS!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:

me too!!
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

but of course!! :P :mrgreen:
  • iamsam_pj wrote:
    it actually hasn't bothered me too much so far. it is a little strange for it to be dark by 5pm...it just makes me want to go to bed earlier, which isn't always a bad thing. i can't believe this will be my first real winter in about 16 years...i hope florida didn't spoil me too much :D
    It's not even nasty yet. Give it a few weeks ;)
    i'm celebrating the small victories ;) i hope it's not too harsh this winter...i'm nowhere near prepared!
    norm wrote:
    me too!!
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

but of course!! :P :mrgreen:

Then nope! I wouldn't consider that depression! I would consider it a lifestyle! ;):mrgreen:

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I agree! Love the cold, rain, snow, just not the ice which we rarely get here. Summer is actually my least favorite season and it's a big part of why we moved here from San Diego 15 years ago. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    I hate the short days :cry: but the colder weather is welcome here in miami!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm pretty fair-skinned, so I'll agree with you on the short, rainy days.. I don't like the cold though. I think I belong in Seattle or Ireland.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I know it's chemical for some but I don't get the depression from the shorter days, less sun, and colder weather. If i wake up to rain it's a GOOD DAY! If i wake up to the sun in my face i just want to put the covers over my head and go back to sleep. The sun is only welcome on a cold day. Am I alone? I'm the opposite of those people with SAD!

I believe I can totally agree with you. Just that some people CAN'T drive in the rain or snow when we get some here in DC Metro area.

In South Florida I love the rain even more just not on the days when I'm going snorkeling. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I like the warmer weather and the longer days, and yes there are days that I enjoy the rain, but not all the time. :o :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • I've always thought that rain is perfect sleeping weather. Nothing's more relaxing then the rain, it's soothing so to speak.

Although I've always been a summer kid, there's nothing like a good snow storm.
  • I hate cold weather...I don't really like shorter days but if it wasn't cold I probably wouldn't mind so much
  • I'm not a big fan of the short days.... I'd rather have some daylight time in the evenings to do stuff outside after work.

But as far as the cold, I like it... by the time March is here and it's still cold/snowing, it gets old, but I usually like it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    I totally agree with you! I'm from Oregon but didn't know how good I had it until I moved to LA 4 years ago. I'm so sick of the lack of seasons here. It's half the reason I'm moving back to the Portland area in a few months. Having the cold and rain/snow makes me appreciate the sun more when it does finally come out. I'm just fine with only about 3 months of summer, rather than the 9 months of summer I've been dealing with for the last four years. Long live the rain.

i'd love to live in teh northwest, but you have the advantage of not having winters like we do here in the midwest. maybe you prefer oregon to LA, but i'll take LA and 9 months of summer over the 9 months of winter you get in Chicago or Cleveland!
  • I fucking hate winter............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I love the bad weather...

I sleep better. I sleep the best when it is thundering and lightening out.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

I've always thought that rain is perfect sleeping weather. Nothing's more relaxing then the rain, it's soothing so to speak.

Although I've always been a summer kid, there's nothing like a good snow storm.

See I think that about hot weather. When it's hot all I want to do is sleep. :|

g under p wrote:
    I believe I can totally agree with you. Just that some people CAN'T drive in the rain or snow when we get some here in DC Metro area.

It's not limited to the DC Metro area, that's for sure!

• These cold/dark days that are starting are so depressing. It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning when it is still dark out. And then it is dark when I get off of work too....and dont even get me started on snow!!
  • i am a golf instructor so the colder it gets the less people come in for lessons! :evil: