I love the shorter days and the colder weather

Comments

• hinx wrote:
    I'm the exact same way and everyone thinks I'm nuts. I love nothing more than a freezing cold, grey day.

me too.. I hate the summers in the south the humidity is unbearable. Im so glad that we are starting to finally get some colder temps.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    i am a golf instructor so the colder it gets the less people come in for lessons! :evil:

Well, I do love it but my hands become icicles no matter how my body temp is so I probably wouldn't golf either....sucks to be you when it's cold!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Lizardjam wrote:
    i am a golf instructor so the colder it gets the less people come in for lessons! :evil:

Well, I do love it but my hands become icicles no matter how my body temp is so I probably wouldn't golf either....sucks to be you when it's cold!

Well I move the lessons inside in a dome but people don't have golf on the mind when snow is outside.
    I don't think I'd want to play golf indoors either, if I played.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• No way, I hate winter with a passion.
    The only thing that makes winter worth it is football.
    Give me daylight until 9pm and warm/hot weather all year long!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • how many degrees are in AUS now?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    how many degrees are in AUS now?

Here in PERTH today! " 37max. 20min. " Celsius :)
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I woke up today to 24 degrees Farenheit. I hate the cold.
    Save room for dessert!
    It's finally raining!!!!! It won't last more than a day but I woke up in a good mood once I heard it! I wish it would rain all week!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizardjam wrote:
    It's finally raining!!!!! It won't last more than a day but I woke up in a good mood once I heard it! I wish it would rain all week!

one day is more than enough! ;) :P
    norm wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

one day is more than enough! ;) :P

Oh no, and Thursday it starts a 4 day possibility of rain! I am one happy camper! We hardly ever get it!

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    It's currently 25 degrees Fahrenheit here. Yeah, it's getting cold.
    It was 37 this morning and I'm loving this weather!!! I know it won't last more than a week or so, so I'm reveling in it!

• Winter sux monkey balls...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Lizardjam wrote:
    It was 37 this morning and I'm loving this weather!!! I know it won't last more than a week or so, so I'm reveling in it!

that might be why you love it so....;)
    i like winter.
    my fave season tho is autumn, closely followed by spring.
    i really don't like summer b/c it's too feckin' hot and humid, but i do love, love, love the long days, the gardens, being outside. i do like winter, but our winters are not horribly harsh like some places.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Lizardjam wrote:

:evil: ;)

16153_1270413356338_1109997870_819960_3763083_n.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    OMG!! I was so cold last nite and my power was out from 3:15 pm to 3:00 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was like 24 degrees out this morning
    Brrrrrr.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizardjam wrote:

i like winter.
    i really don't like summer b/c it's too feckin' hot and humid, but i do love, love, love the long days, the gardens, being outside. i do like winter, but our winters are not horribly harsh like some places.

Yes, it could be but I would not want to live in harsh winter...just cold and rain!

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    There are certain records that are early winter-type albums or albums that came out this time of year I like to listen to
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    RAIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

i like winter.

Yes, it could be but I would not want to live in harsh winter...just cold and rain!

even cold and rain, if you had enough of it...would get old. that's how it goes.
    thus why i love my 4 seasons, as long as i actually get the correlated weather with each season, for the proper duration. just when you are sick of one season's weather...on to the next! 8 more weeks of winter!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i love rain as long as i'm home. this morning it was storming something fierce and i adored it, since i was off for the holiday and could be nestled in bed warm and cozy all morning long and not feel guilty about it :D

hate the short days though, i've never enjoyed those. bring on spring and summer already!!
    It's going to rain finally here for what they say is a week straight but, so far has only been the majority of one day and not even overnight. I want more!!!!!!

Lizardjam wrote:
    It's going to rain finally here for what they say is a week straight but, so far has only been the majority of one day and not even overnight. I want more!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    norm wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

I know everyone in LA hates the rain, obviously 'cause they have N :mrgreen: O IDEA how to drive in it...hehehe but, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lizardjam wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

I know everyone in LA hates the rain, obviously 'cause they have N :mrgreen: O IDEA how to drive in it...hehehe but, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

People have trouble driving in the rain? I know a lot of our Cali transplants here in Idaho can't drive in the snow to save their own lives, but the rain? C'mon, what's hard about that?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    eyedclaar wrote:
    People have trouble driving in the rain? I know a lot of our Cali transplants here in Idaho can't drive in the snow to save their own lives, but the rain? C'mon, what's hard about that?
    i'm a cali native and i hate people here when they drive in the rain. mind you i know what i'm doing, but it's like the second a drop of water hits people's windshields they freak out. like they've never seen it before :? i dont understand the mystery, it's like hello, just SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
    eyedclaar wrote:

Actually, it really seems Angelenos aren't particularly good at driving in any weather, so add water and you've just got a recipe for disaster. I do love driving in it despite that. Walking in it.....I just love it!

Chiqi.....I think that's the bulk of the problem.....they don't slow down...no common sense here in LA....

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    eyedclaar wrote:
    i'm a cali native and i hate people here when they drive in the rain. mind you i know what i'm doing, but it's like the second a drop of water hits people's windshields they freak out. like they've never seen it before :? i dont understand the mystery, it's like hello, just SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
    SLOW DOWN?????? In Cali? Isn't that against the law or something? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    This is crazy talk.

These days I drive to work in the dark and I drive home in the dark.