PJ nominated for a grammy

13»

Comments

• I cringe on their behalf at having to sit in that room for 2 hours. I wonder if they'll actually show up...

probably not. they haven't shown up since '96. Eddie didn't even show up to pick up his Golden Globe for Guaranteed.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • When Taylor Swift is up for Album of the year, you know the award show is complete garb. It's just based on mainstream nonsense, although KOL and PJ fucking rock. :D
  • not really pertaining, but Metallica has an Unforgiven III?
    The numbering scheme got confusing after Unforgiven: First Blood Part Two. :lol:

Sort of on-topic: It was too bad that Ed won his Golden Globe during the press conference award show (during the writer's strike)...unless that was a good thing.
    Ryan DeRamos
    saw PJ live in 2006 and 2009; Stone in 2008!
    <a href="http://www.deramos.org">DeRamos.org Webcomic</a> & <a href="http://www.chorddujour.com">Chord du Jour Podcast</a> & <a href="http://twitter.com/deramos">Twitter</a&gt;
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    The category in which they are nominated is most likely awarded during the pre-telecast awards. It would be cool if they were there, but I somehow doubt it.

The pretelecast awards are held in a huge hall at the L.A. convention center..they give out approx 80 awards in a marathon ceremony. Some of the nominees attend, and it is GA seating, so you often get a look at some of them. Since the ceremonies are so long, many people hang out in the lobby until there category is announced, so it is great a people watching opportunity!

Two years ago the Foos rushed-in to accept their award, and last year, Taylor Swift, and Robert Trujillo both showed-up for their awards.

My favorite memory is when I saw a woman give her acceptance speech for best gospel album, she thanked her husband, whose name was something along the lines of Alan HOROWITZ!
  • IAMOIAMO Posts: 24
    Congratulations to Pearl Jam and Brendan O'Brien for their Grammy nominations!!!
    Cartoonist and Character Designer >> i-a-m-o.blogspot.com
  • I cringe on their behalf at having to sit in that room for 2 hours. I wonder if they'll actually show up...

Not a chance in hell.

probably not. they haven't shown up since '96. Eddie didn't even show up to pick up his Golden Globe for Guaranteed.

:lol: were you out of the country when the writers strike was going on. The Golden Globe awards were cancelled. All they did was announce the winners in a glorified press conference type setting. Nobody attended and excepted them! Duh. He would have went however because he felt it was part of his obligation to Sean Penn. He went to the Critic Awards but again he said repeatedly he didn't give a shit about winning any awards. I think when they do songs for a specific project like Big Fish or Into The Wild they kind of go out of respect for the movie maker. Mike showed up for Man Of The Hour nomination.

Not gonna go for an award show that is a joke though!
  • my bet is that pj wins this one. the industry has been treating them a little better since they straightened out. I think they'll win this grammy as kind of a 'see what happens when you play ball' from the music industry.... or maybe just an 'it's been a while' win.
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I think Brendan O'Brien has a real strong shot at winning. ac/dc, pj, bruce springsteen! hope he gets it. the whole competition:

T Bone Burnett, 'Moonalice' (Moonalice), 'Secret, Profane & Sugarcane' (Elvis Costello)

Ethan Johns, 'Gossip In The Grain (Ray LaMontagne)

Larry Klein, 'Acadian Driftwood' (Zachary Richard), 'Bare Bones' (Madeleine Peyroux), 'My One And Only Thrill' (Melody Gardot), 'Our Bright Future' (Tracy Chapman), 'Tide' (Luciana Souza)

Greg Kurstin, 'It's Not Me, It's You' (Lily Allen), 'Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future' (The Bird And The Bee)

Brendan O'Brien, 'Black Ice' (AC/DC), 'Crack The Skye, (Mastodon), 'The Fixer' (Pearl Jam), 'Killswitch Engage' (Killswitch Engage), 'Working On A Dream' (Bruce Springsteen)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    I cringe on their behalf at having to sit in that room for 2 hours. I wonder if they'll actually show up...

Not a chance in hell.

:lol: were you out of the country when the writers strike was going on. The Golden Globe awards were cancelled. All they did was announce the winners in a glorified press conference type setting. Nobody attended and excepted them! Duh. He would have went however because he felt it was part of his obligation to Sean Penn. He went to the Critic Awards but again he said repeatedly he didn't give a shit about winning any awards. I think when they do songs for a specific project like Big Fish or Into The Wild they kind of go out of respect for the movie maker. Mike showed up for Man Of The Hour nomination.

Not gonna go for an award show that is a joke though!

accepted*. Had the awards not been cancelled.That Golden Globes win could have helped ITW sales for Eddie.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    excepted
    accepted*.

:oops: Me knew i shouldn't haved droppeded out in the 3rd's grades?
  • I never would have known if I had not read the porch. :twisted:
    NERDS!
  • Not real familiar with the Kings of Leon song, but the rest of those songs SUCK. And they're all from bands I like, and on albums I bought. But the Green Day song is weak, the Bruce song is kinda lame, the U2 song is cheesy, and then the Fixer... hmmm. I guess they should win. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Not real familiar with the Kings of Leon song, but the rest of those songs SUCK. And they're all from bands I like, and on albums I bought. But the Green Day song is weak, the Bruce song is kinda lame, the U2 song is cheesy, and then the Fixer... hmmm. I guess they should win. :)
    Shocking that you're not familiar with the KOL song. It's been on the Radio and TV and everywhere else for like a year straight.

I think they'll win it for sure. That song is up for Record of the year, which means it will win it's category. The Grammy's are the worst at hiding the results. You can almost guarantee that whoever they have lined up to perform that evening will win a major grammy. It happens every year.
    NERDS!
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    Any organization that recognizes the works of Lady FUCKING GaGa and nominates her for Record of the Year are clearly on hallucinogenic narcotics.

This TRULY does not mean a single thing.

I hope Pearl Jam has absolutely nothing to do with the Grammy's.

At the end of the day, true music fans know what the score is.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
    P.S.

Stone Gossard's cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up" is more deserving of an award than any of the nominees in the "Best Record" category.
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Parksy wrote:
    P.S.

Stone Gossard's cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up" is more deserving of an award than any of the nominees in the "Best Record" category.

I LOVE that version. It deserves record of the decade!
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016