Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,766
    Curry and Embiid and no one else on the floor I guess. And I don't even mean that in a remotely positive way. I put this on Doc more than anyone else, then some kind of tie between Harris and Simmons.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Didn’t take a shot in the 2nd half. Simmons is ass cheeks 
  • Options
    Curry and Embiid and no one else on the floor I guess. And I don't even mean that in a remotely positive way. I put this on Doc more than anyone else, then some kind of tie between Harris and Simmons.
    All I’ve heard from a buddy from back home is the sixers aren’t winning shit because doc can’t make an adjustment to save his life 
  • Options
    All I’ve heard from a buddy from back home is the sixers aren’t winning shit because doc can’t make an adjustment to save his life 
    Evidently!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Jojo was playing on one leg, Toby couldn't make a shot, Ben was afraid to take a shot. Unbelievably frustrating. 

“JoJo”? “Toby”?

embarrassing. I call the Jazz guys by their given names. you sound like a 13 year old girl.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Jojo was playing on one leg, Toby couldn't make a shot, Ben was afraid to take a shot. Unbelievably frustrating. 

“JoJo”? “Toby”?

embarrassing. I call the Jazz guys by their given names. you sound like a 13 year old girl.
    But you’re also like 90 so it might get the cops called on you if you call kids this age by nicknames 
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Stopped watching the Sixers game a couple mins into the 3rd. Hopped on facebook about an hour later and the Sixers were on a bunch of memes. Lol
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Pain
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Some tidbits from last night:

Philadelphia became the only team to lose back-to-back 18-point leads in playoff games in the past 25 seasons.
    The 22-point halftime deficit the Hawks overcame was the third-largest halftime rally in NBA postseason history.
    The 76ers were 165-0 in the past 25 seasons when leading by at least 25 points at any point in the game (regular season or playoffs).
    At one point, Philadelphia had a win probability percentage of 99.7 (the highest it got in Game 4 was 95.5%).

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Wobbie said:

“JoJo”? “Toby”?

But you’re also like 90 so it might get the cops called on you if you call kids this age by nicknames 
    GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    Ladies and gentlemen: Philadelphia sports
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Good Christ, that had to fucking hurt.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Good morning! Yep, still sucks!
  • Options
    Still racking my brain on biggest Philly Chokes of my life - like that I've been cognisant and lucid for - and I think this is it.

Bird against Tampa in 2003 maybe? But of the last ~30-35 of my 38 years I think this has to be it.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Will be even more sweet when you win G7!

(maybe?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Forgot about Flyers in 2000 when they were up 3-1 and Lindros got lobotomized.
  • Options
    That would be the greatest collapse in a series but these last 2 games are #2 and #1 in individual game collapses.

Our teams' losses are usually in much more lackluster fashion. 27-10 loss to Jim freakin Plunkett, you know.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    That would be the greatest collapse in a series but these last 2 games are #2 and #1 in individual game collapses.

Our teams' losses are usually in much more lackluster fashion. 27-10 loss to Jim freakin Plunkett, you know.
    Haha, I was negative 1.5, 2 years old at the time I believe. Not even a gleam in my father's eye.
  • Options

Haha, I was negative 1.5, 2 years old at the time I believe. Not even a gleam in my father's eye.
    If you catch the Super Bowl XV thing they show every year on NFL Network the coverage is almost entirely from the Eagles perspective and it all feels so disappointing even if you're not an Eagles fan. Then at the end they show the Raiders celebrating. Like, oh by the way these guys beat our Eagles. Of course NFL Films is right there in Mt. Laurel. By the way I'm not old enough to remember that game either.

• Options

If you catch the Super Bowl XV thing they show every year on NFL Network the coverage is almost entirely from the Eagles perspective and it all feels so disappointing even if you're not an Eagles fan. Then at the end they show the Raiders celebrating. Like, oh by the way these guys beat our Eagles. Of course NFL Films is right there in Mt. Laurel. By the way I'm not old enough to remember that game either.
    Haha, I know what you mean. I grew up with a penant of that team my dad had given me in my room. I always remember looking at it going, "wowwww the Eagles played in a Super Bowl? Wow." It's pathetic sometimes being a Philly sports fan.
  • Options
    Definitely the worst moment in my philly fandom hahaha
  • Options
    Definitely the worst moment in my philly fandom hahaha
    Welcome to the club, Cliff, the water's warm. Usually right after these we barrel straight into self-loathing, which you can see is currently on display.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Kept saying "I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe this is happening...."  -----But of course I could. We all could, if we're all being honest. 

Of course a lot of things went wrong, but you just cannot win in the playoffs with your "all star" point guard attempting 4 shots a game and missing eleven free throws. He had one shot attempt in the second half of the game 4 collapse too. I thought we could get by the first couple rounds by kind of hiding him on offense (like they normally have to do in the postseason). Looks like that might not be the case. 

If they don't get out of this round, you gotta really consider moving him. He's holding them back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And yeah, that loss is right up with with Tampa, Joe Carter, etc etc etc---especially if the end up losing this series. In the mix of the alltimers. Definitely. Fucking awful. 

Doc has been lousy too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Like the only way this team gets better from here is to do something wild like get Steph or Beal right? Like they need a killer to take some of the heat off Joel. Otherwise, I don't see how this team doesn't go in reverse from here.
  • Options
    Simmons gotta go. Not going to end well regardless.  The unfortunate part is you're getting pennies on the dollars at this point
  • Options
    Lillard and McCollum are always names that are floating around. 

I trust Morey to make the right moves. He didn't move Ben for Harden not because of Ben but because he didn't want to part with the young bucks. So I think he knows what needs to be done. Problem is, Ben's stock is probably a lot lower now than it was 6 months ago. 

Really hate to even be talking about this right now. God this sucks. 

Fucking sports.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That's what sucks - the only way you were moving Simmons was once he showed you his ceiling. And once that happens like you guys said it's pennies now in return.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    If the Sixers lose this series Ben is gone without question. Morey will sucker someone into taking him. A lot of these borderline playoff teams have multiple bucket getters that don’t compliment each other well. Ben would be good for a team like that. Not championship good, but good enough to score a decent seed and drum up some ticket sales for a mediocre franchise.