The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    this mock has sixers getting russell at 3. yes, please:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495

this mock has sixers getting russell at 3. yes, please:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

I admit it: i haven't seen much of Russel(I'll have to watch some Ohio St. now), but i'm liking Karl Towns right now.

• Options
  • Options
    an extremely long but fantastic read on what this team is doing and where it's headed...
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12318808&src=desktop

The 76ers' plan to win (yes, really)

" Every Sixer, on every possession, is graded on five complex, proprietary criteria. On offense, for instance, the team wants to reward pace, so staffers time a player's first three steps when a miss is recovered. On defense, they'll recognize accomplishments such as contested shots, tips and deflections. Report cards, linked to video for review, are announced to the team. "We set it up as a competition," undrafted forward JaKarr Sampson gushes. Brown harps on the team average -- a score of 20 is high -- and denotes improvement in 10-game chunks.

The result: Hinkie's alleged collection of flesh-eating bacteria, anonymous as they are, actually try. "Development, for me, is everything," Brown tells me. "It lets me truly look at somebody and not feel like, 'We're going to cut you in a week or two weeks to get another draft pick.'"

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Another 1st rounder for 2015, yes please.
    Hinkie Bomb!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Holy shit MCW?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    And McDaniels
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Hinkie for presdient (as long as he's not a democrat).

Love it!!!
  • Options
    NEITHER CAN SHOOT. 2ND AND 3RD WORST JUMP SHOOTERS IN THE LEAGUE
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

somehow they will both end up on a larry brown coached team

god I love hinkie
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    wow i was shocked when i first hear it, but i'm okay with it. As long as they don't fuck it up.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,559

wow i was shocked when i first hear it, but i'm okay with it. As long as they don't fuck it up.

what makes you think they won't?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    imalive said:

what makes you think they won't?

i don't :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    what's the point of continuing to get draft picks if you are going to just trade the guys you draft anyway? at some point you actually have to play the guys you draft right? can't wait until they draft another big guy this year. guess next year is another terrible season to look forward to.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    only move of hinkie's i don't like is how he handled kj. how do you let him sign a 1 year deal in the first place? and then trading him away? unless they knew for a fact he was unhappy and wouldn't sign here. i liked his athleticism and think he can be a contributor off the bench for a decent team. i guess he could sign him this summer actually. haha......other than that, i'm pretty stoked. could have potentially 4 first round picks plus a ton of second rounders PLUS joel embiid next year? just keep increasing your chances to land that guy. also--saric has been tearing it up in his league.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

i gotta ask, what exactly is your problem with larry brown? he is literally one of the greatest coaches of basketball to ever walk this earth. you know, the whole "only coach in history to win an nba and ncaa championship,"--that's kind of a huge deal. he was a bad talent evaluator, sure, but as a coach, there are few who were ever better than him. hell he's got sm fucking u in the tournament this year after mudiaya bailed and went to china.

i don't get the hate at all. never heard anyone rip him as a coach until you.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

i gotta ask, what exactly is your problem with larry brown? he is literally one of the greatest coaches of basketball to ever walk this earth. you know, the whole "only coach in history to win an nba and ncaa championship,"--that's kind of a huge deal. he was a bad talent evaluator, sure, but as a coach, there are few who were ever better than him. hell he's got sm fucking u in the tournament this year after mudiaya bailed and went to china.

he's one of the biggest crybabies in sports. don't think he's ever honored the life of any contract he's ever signed. but my biggest issue is how he railroaded the sixers...saw how his moves dragged down the franchise so he left with multiple years on his contract rather than going down with the ship he was captaining. I can't respect someone like that.

so in short, I think he's a selfish turd. I was not an iverson fan, but I think he was the more mature of the two of them.

screw larry brown
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

what's the point of continuing to get draft picks if you are going to just trade the guys you draft anyway? at some point you actually have to play the guys you draft right? can't wait until they draft another big guy this year. guess next year is another terrible season to look forward to.

ever think that the picks you acquire could result in better players than the players you trade away? I love how people act like MCW was chris paul. MCW isn't good. KJ McDaniels was a fun player to have around, but he's nothing special. I love the moves...gets them closer to landing premier talent in the draft
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

he's one of the biggest crybabies in sports. don't think he's ever honored the life of any contract he's ever signed. but my biggest issue is how he railroaded the sixers...saw how his moves dragged down the franchise so he left with multiple years on his contract rather than going down with the ship he was captaining. I can't respect someone like that.

so in short, I think he's a selfish turd. I was not an iverson fan, but I think he was the more mature of the two of them.

screw larry brown
    Yeah I hated the way he left and he was always a bad gm but that in no way shape or form takes anything away from how great of a coach he was and still is. I feel like your comments always seem to knock his coaching abilities which is absurd to me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

screw larry brown
    Yeah I hated the way he left and he was always a bad gm but that in no way shape or form takes anything away from how great of a coach he was and still is. I feel like your comments always seem to knock his coaching abilities which is absurd to me.
    Never said anything about his coaching. He's just a whiny bitch. Sixers fans are blinded by 2001...he walked away from a car crash and everyone loves him for going to the finals. Ah, philly fans...not the brightest bulbs.

He's the guy who starts a bar fight then crawls to his car when punches are thrown
  • Options
    I'm not blinded by 2001 at all. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm taking his entire 40 year plus coaching career into consideration. You seem to be the one blinded by how he left the Sixers. I got over that years ago.

The job he's done at SMU is pretty remarkable. Especially considering how old he is and how he's still able to relate to these teenagers. That program was in the gutter for 2 decades before he got there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I just don't understand why he's so loved in philly. He screwed us over!! People don't talk about how john stevens took an 8 seed to the stanley cup finals (and won 2 games vs browns 1).

The larry brown love in philly is confusing. I don't understand

I couldn't care less about SMU. Or kansas. Or ucla
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Fixer said:

I just don't understand why he's so loved in philly. He screwed us over!! People don't talk about how john stevens took an 8 seed to the stanley cup finals (and won 2 games vs browns 1).

I don't love him. I've just always thought he was a great coach even before he came here. I actually think the majority of people still have animosity towards him like you do.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

I don't love him. I've just always thought he was a great coach even before he came here. I actually think the majority of people still have animosity towards him like you do.
    I disagree. I think people love him for 2001, which doesn't make sense to me. But whatever.

I haven't watched any non-towson hoops this year (a few wisconsin games because I love that team...and I did catch the end of unc/duke this week). Who are your top 5 in the draft? and who do you think is the ideal pick for the sixers? From what i have read it seems like the top 5 consensus (in varying orders) is...

okafor
    mudiay
    russell
    towns
    I have seen a bunch of guys in the 5-10 spots. chad ford loves the 6'11 foreign guy
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    You Sixers fans actually like Hinkie????

Most non-Sixers fans view him as the retarded version of Gary Bettman. You do understand he will fuck up whatever good he did yesterday within 9 months, right?

You're doomed! Doomed, I say!
  • Options
    I'd put Stanley Johnson 5th after those guys.

At this point my best case scenario would be taking Russell with the first pick and then Johnson with the Lakers pick. (But of course it's the NBA so the fucking Lakers will magically wind up with not only a top 5 pick but 1st overall...a guy can dream though)

Lottery night is going to be excruciating. I can't wait!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:

You Sixers fans actually like Hinkie????

Most non-Sixers fans view him as the retarded version of Gary Bettman. You do understand he will fuck up whatever good he did yesterday within 9 months, right?

You're doomed! Doomed, I say!

most non-sixers fans don't know what they're talking about. fact that you're comparing an nba gm to an nhl commissioner proves that.

thanks for stopping by
  • Options

I'd put Stanley Johnson 5th after those guys.

At this point my best case scenario would be taking Russell with the first pick and then Johnson with the Lakers pick. (But of course it's the NBA so the fucking Lakers will magically wind up with not only a top 5 pick but 1st overall...a guy can dream though)

Lottery night is going to be excruciating. I can't wait!

Yeah, I have heard his name a lot too.

Sixers competing with Lakers and Knicks in the lottery. Combine that with the fact that the NBA tried to change the lottery because of the sixers, and yeah, probably not the best scenario.

I'm fine if they don't win the lottery. Seems like 2-3 would be great...and 4-5 wouldn't be the end of the world. And I actually think it's better if they get the Lakers pick next year (chances of them using all four first rounders in same draft is slim...they'd be trading one of them away anyway).

Go Thunder...that's the team we need to keep winning.