"Let's not loose our heads here!"

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546
edited December 2009 in The Porch
'Tour', a simple word in the dictionary that if a moderator uses it in a sentence, the whole place explodes & rumor's start.

Do you ever remember Pearl Jam selling 10club presale ticket's during the holiday's? Day's before Christmas?

'08, Ed solo ticket's went on sale for April show's in Feburary. What i'm understanding is there will be many, many (unoffical) European show dates this summer, yet again. And everybody is saying May/June/July, right? Places are booked, festivals are already booking acts. Do you think, Pearl Jam will be doing pre-sale 10club ticket's right now, during the holiday's, when the show's are happening 5-6+ month's down the road?

http://grungereport.net/2009/12/01/pear ... sale-date/

"Here are the latest rumors from the PearlJam.com forums, first here is a post by an Irish member named stankratz:"

Tickets are going on general sale on December 11th, so it won’t be long til an announcement now!

Are you kidding me? Kat post's 'tour' in a sentence, posted in the tech forum where say 99% of fan's don't visit each day, and you got full blown tour out of this, new's this Friday & 10club ticket's on sale next Monday?

They just finished the Australian/NZ tour last week. They already played Europe August '09 for a few show's, Official Bootlegs were just released a few weeks ago on those European show's. Now you're saying 10club ticket's go on sale next week, for more European show's, that's gonna happen in 5+ month's? Mama mia!!!

Where's my green tea latte? :|
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Only time will reveal who the fools are.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546
    Brisk. wrote:

Ed, do you think presale ticket's will go on sale the middle of this month? During the holiday's?
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Ed, do you think presale ticket's will go on sale the middle of this month? During the holiday's?

Really dont have a clue...what do you mean its the 'holidays'? Everyone has the day off in December or something? holiday = 25th thats it....I think maybe some news is coming but ticket sales? Like if there is meant to be a GENERAL sale on the next monday then what the hell because they havent even announced the show date lol...im just expecting news.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    D i think it will be pre xmas.

just a hunch, and the rumours suggest this to be true. I see nothing so far in what we have heard that sounds like total bollocks

I think theres a good chance...why not? the fact its xmas is irrelevant...it didnt stop them releasing a super expensive ten release box, or a super expensive ames book right before xmas...

and lets not forget they are promoting a record, which strictly speaking hasnt been toured yet in Europe. sales are flagging naturally now, how to boost that ? announce a tour?
    Brisk. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Really dont have a clue...what do you mean its the 'holidays'? Everyone has the day off in December or something? holiday = 25th thats it....I think maybe some news is coming but ticket sales? Like if there is meant to be a GENERAL sale on the next monday then what the hell because they havent even announced the show date lol...im just expecting news.

Christmas Parties have already started. University exams have already begun. Year coming to a close. Christmas vacation trips have already been booked & ready to depart. To do presale 10club ticket's in the middle of December, is pretty wild wouldn't you say? Not many people are gonna be online during the holiday's. I've heard stories of people not doing Christmas, or buying a tree, not doing Festivus, not traveling to their parents for the holiday's cause they are online waiting for 10club ticket's for Europe (show's to happen may, june, july) which is rumored to go down, December 11th? :shock:
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Well this isnt all based on a random forum post...that is just a reason to believe there may be a specific time for it to start. The real hope stems from the CBS sweepstakes to win the all-inclusive package for 2 to a Euro show in 2010. İ could care less when the tickets go on sale but İm definitely itching to find out how much of Europe will be covered etc. It makes sense to me that they would do a month in Europe then take a month off. Head back to the states and tour for a month or two ın the summer and then hit South America come next fall \ winter. This way they can continue to promote backspacker and not have to be away from their families for an extended period of time.
    D really, i dont think the traffic on here dips during december at all.....its business as usual
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    What will probably happen is we will see some festival dates only from the get-go...those have to be booked a good deal in advance and they always lıke to torture us with the festival dates first!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    knowing the 10Club the sale will be ON Christmas.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I think theres a good chance...why not? the fact its xmas is irrelevant...it didnt stop them releasing a super expensive ten release box, or a super expensive ames book right before xmas...

ames book came out in november. 10 box set was 'officially' talked about on the boards many weeks before the release. plus these were items. stuff. you could buy them anytime. 10club ticket's is something else, a whole different ballpark.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    and lets not forget they are promoting a record, which strictly speaking hasnt been toured yet in Europe. sales are flagging naturally now, how to boost that ? announce a tour?

they just finished their '09 tour just day's ago. just 2 weeks to breathe to anounce presale ticket's for another tour, that's rumored to happen in the summer? if you're talking about backspacer tour, why isn't south america & asia involved? canada only had vancouver. calgary & toronto had the same treatment like europe did in august '09. the southern states of the usa, where many are dying for a timbit of pj. what happen to that rumor in hawaii after the australian show's? that 4 night msg rumor in may?

d'oh! "i need a drink of cool cool rain!"
  • D - I Hope to god you are right. After all this Christmas shopping, I gaurantee I couldn't afford any tickets right now.

Let me pay off my Christmas bills in January and then Announce a 4 night stint in Toronto!!!
  • I feel ya D!!.........but ain't this how it always goes?

i told the Europeans to fuck off, Pearl jam is coming to NY & Boston this summer!!.........but do they listen?? noooooooooooooo!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

....and like CBS knows PJ's tour plans :lol::lol::lol: give me a fucking break!!!....people will grasp what they want to hear...no matter who is saying it.
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

ames book came out in november. 10 box set was 'officially' talked about on the boards many weeks before the release. plus these were items. stuff. you could buy them anytime. 10club ticket's is something else, a whole different ballpark.
    pdalowsky wrote:

they just finished their '09 tour just day's ago. just 2 weeks to breathe to anounce presale ticket's for another tour, that's rumored to happen in the summer? if you're talking about backspacer tour, why isn't south america & asia involved? canada only had vancouver. calgary & toronto had the same treatment like europe did in august '09. the southern states of the usa, where many are dying for a timbit of pj. what happen to that rumor in hawaii after the australian show's? that 4 night msg rumor in may?

d'oh! "i need a drink of cool cool rain!"

Maybe re the items to buy but seriously, does anyone who comes here daily wait to buy those things just before xmas or not? I recall with the ames book there was a mad panic and initially the orange book sold out very fast. so if you waited you were screwed. Im sure that was december too, either way right in the xmas build up....and likewise for the ten box - the angle was buy it now and you may get one signed....how many of us didnt do that? seriously. The point I'm trying to make is they were irtems of large expense - for us generally both cost us around $200 including shipping. Thats a lot of dough at that time of year.

So that to me means they dont even consider the timing, they have their schedule and they work to it. They want to earn cash right? they know any time of year to release tickets they will sell, guaranteed. People find the cash. they borrow it, some will load it on credit, but trust me they find it.

So your point about BS? maybe you are right, but surely it doesnt mean because they arnt doing asia that they wont promote this thing in Europe and then move on...if Europe is next, why wait? if they announce now, it means the dates are likely within 3 monrths, that gives them a break and time to organise while they take it easy.....or put it all on hold till june? I just cant see that. The band will stay active on this record, they want it to sell, they earn well on this one remember.

Plus Kats post is way to random and coinincidental to mean anything other if you really think about it, what the hell else could it mean?

Finally the release of the info may have to take place if for ex its the hard rock fest if thats what the organisers say.....or if it isnt that then it sounds good for the ireland rumours, especially in the use of 'UK'
    D - I Hope to god you are right. After all this Christmas shopping, I gaurantee I couldn't afford any tickets right now.

Let me pay off my Christmas bills in January and then Announce a 4 night stint in Toronto!!!

I hope so too! I doubt I will have my Christmas bill payed off till probably Feb or March. :oops:
    I feel ya D!!.........but ain't this how it always goes?

i told the Europeans to fuck off, Pearl jam is coming to NY & Boston this summer!!.........but do they listen?? noooooooooooooo!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

....and like CBS knows PJ's tour plans :lol::lol::lol: give me a fucking break!!!....people will grasp what they want to hear...no matter who is saying it.

seriously CRAZY BITCH :lol: NY and Boston had their fair set of shows in the past ;)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    demetrios wrote:
    'Tour', a simple word in the dictionary that if a moderator uses it in a sentence, the whole place explodes & rumor's start.

Do you ever remember Pearl Jam selling 10club presale ticket's during the holiday's? Day's before Christmas?

'08, Ed solo ticket's went on sale for April show's in Feburary. What i'm understanding is there will be many, many (unoffical) European show dates this summer, yet again. And everybody is saying May/June/July, right? Places are booked, festivals are already booking acts. Do you think, Pearl Jam will be doing pre-sale 10club ticket's right now, during the holiday's, when the show's are happening 5-6+ month's down the road?

"Here are the latest rumors from the PearlJam.com forums, first here is a post by an Irish member named stankratz:"

Tickets are going on general sale on December 11th, so it won’t be long til an announcement now!

Are you kidding me? Kat post's 'tour' in a sentence, posted in the tech forum where say 99% of fan's don't visit each day, and you got full blown tour out of this, new's this Friday & 10club ticket's on sale next Monday?

They just finished the Australian/NZ tour last week. They already played Europe August '09 for a few show's, Official Bootlegs were just released a few weeks ago on those European show's. Now you're saying 10club ticket's go on sale next week, for more European show's, that's gonna happen in 5+ month's? Mama mia!!!

Resist the temptation to use the apostrophe key. Give it a try,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Brisk. wrote:
    seriously CRAZY BITCH :lol: NY and Boston had their fair set of shows in the past ;)

watch it buddy! ;)

...and FUCK THAT!! there is NO SUCH THING as a FAIR SHARE!! If you don't feel like you get enough shows then move to AMERICA!! THEY'RE OUR BAND DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Resist the temptation to use the apostrophe key. Give it a try,...

frankcostanza_thatsmymove.jpg

Can't stop till I get enough! :P
    Brisk. wrote:

watch it buddy! ;)

...and FUCK THAT!! there is NO SUCH THING as a FAIR SHARE!! If you don't feel like you get enough shows then move to AMERICA!! THEY'RE OUR BAND DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey i went to NY and Boston in 2008!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I just think it's interesting that none of these European Tour threads are being locked like the mods did when the rumors were flying about this past year's tour. What does that mean? That's it's NOT true?
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    i dont think tour rumours ever got deleted it was all the album stuff that got deleted i think
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    I just think it's interesting that none of these European Tour threads are being locked like the mods did when the rumors were flying about this past year's tour. What does that mean? That's it's NOT true?

OR....they just said FUCK IT!let the clowns dance! :mrgreen:
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Maybe re the items to buy but seriously, does anyone who comes here daily wait to buy those things just before xmas or not? I recall with the ames book there was a mad panic and initially the orange book sold out very fast. so if you waited you were screwed. Im sure that was december too, either way right in the xmas build up....and likewise for the ten box - the angle was buy it now and you may get one signed....how many of us didnt do that? seriously. The point I'm trying to make is they were irtems of large expense - for us generally both cost us around $200 including shipping. Thats a lot of dough at that time of year.
    I bought my Ames book on November 2nd. But, I was pretty surprised when I was on my honeymoon last year, logged in from Thailand and saw the Ten box for sale mid December!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    edited December 2009
    I've noticed over the years that they frequently like to get an influx of cash right before the end of the year. :geek:
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    justam wrote:
    I've noticed over the years that they frequently like to get an influx of cash into their business right before the end of the year. :geek:
    Trying to finish out the 4th quarter way in the black, I'm sure!
  • What does "loose your head" mean?..Thanks.
    We should factor in here that we've not had the - make sure your membership is valid tweet yet

So were still a good while away

probably
  • demetrios wrote:

I agree with everything except your rampant abuse of the apostrophe. Never, ever, ever use apostrophes for plurals.

Sorry, just one of my pet hates.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect any tour announcement before the end of the year.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    i didnt notice the punctuation abuse but now its pointed out....

anyway back to the tour, i think a tour announcement is unlikely too imminently but as soon as the festivals announce their headliners expect PJ to have to spill the beans....and if thats soon then just maybe
    pdalowsky wrote:
    anyway back to the tour, i think a tour announcement is unlikely too imminently but as soon as the festivals announce their headliners expect PJ to have to spill the beans....and if thats soon then just maybe

If those festival show's are announcing headliners tonight or next week, by all means post away who'll be there & when ticket's go on sale. But 10club tickets, for a summer tour, I would say late March/April! imo.