Poster for Sale

tryan21tryan21 Posts: 49
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Please lock this thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    would you consider a trade?
    I have a few good posters..... in that range...
    thanks,
    tonifig8
  • Sorry wasn't really looking to trade; unless you have some Dan McCarthy's. Specifically Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe. Some $ would have to be included as well.

Was looking to sell this so I can buy that one.
    tryan21 wrote:
    Sorry wasn't really looking to trade; unless you have some Dan McCarthy's. Specifically Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe. Some $ would have to be included as well.

Was looking to sell this so I can buy that one.

I see ... I guess that's a no go on my part- thanks and good luck with your sale.

tonifig8
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    6920:84016.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
    Sweet ass poster! 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll give you $30
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    tonifig8 wrote:
    would you consider a trade?
    I have a few good posters..... in that range...
    thanks,
    tonifig8

You think you can get more than $135 for it? ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • bump
  • Price dropped....$125 shipped in the US.

INTL would be extra.
  • 81 wrote:
    i'll give you $30
    ill give you 30.14 $ couse its international shipping
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Awesome poster, but almost doubling the price on a fan board within weeks of receiving?

Hmmmm try eBay
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Awesome poster, but almost doubling the price on a fan board within weeks of receiving?

Hmmmm try eBay

same thing I was thinking.
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    Bunk. Hopefully, BK blocks you from any future sales.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    I have the 2008-2009 McCarthy set including the bonus print:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/91656

Let me know all are mint
    jcfranz wrote:

It's ok for the band to make 5 million on 4 shows (mostly merch), but it's not ok for a fan to turn around and sell his poster and make a little money. I've met fans who have spent over 3,000 on one tour, and if they want to buy 3 or 4 shirts to get some of that money back, then heck more power to you! I am not defending the guys who buy 20 shirts on one shot, but that's not there fault - that's your fault for not lining up sooner and the merch guy's fault for selling that many to one person!
    A lot of you guys complain way to much! this guy could sell that poster for almost 300 on ebay! In my opinion he is selling at a great price! If you don't like it, don't buy it! Very simple. Stop crying about it! Or just roll your eyes and mumble to yourself...
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    jcfranz wrote:

It's ok for the band to make 5 million on 4 shows (mostly merch), but it's not ok for a fan to turn around and sell his poster and make a little money. I've met fans who have spent over 3,000 on one tour, and if they want to buy 3 or 4 shirts to get some of that money back, then heck more power to you! I am not defending the guys who buy 20 shirts on one shot, but that's not there fault - that's your fault for not lining up sooner and the merch guy's fault for selling that many to one person!
    A lot of you guys complain way to much! this guy could sell that poster for almost 300 on ebay! In my opinion he is selling at a great price! If you don't like it, don't buy it! Very simple. Stop crying about it! Or just roll your eyes and mumble to yourself...
    there is noone trully fan who buy 20 shirt for get some money back that he spent in tour.becouse he respect the other fans that spent the same price for the tour and want a shirt in the original price and dont spent 3 times up money in ebay.from the forum i already buy .5 hoodies 3 shirts and all in the original price..a fan to another fan deal..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    tonifig8 wrote:
    jcfranz wrote:

there is noone trully fan who buy 20 shirt for get some money back that he spent in tour.becouse he respect the other fans that spent the same price for the tour and want a shirt in the original price and dont spent 3 times up money in ebay.from the forum i already buy .5 hoodies 3 shirts and all in the original price..a fan to another fan deal..

I'm a true fan and in 5 concerts that I went to this year I bought at least 3 shirts at every show- also bought about 7 posters or so(total)..... I sold most of them on ebay.
    I met folks who had fan club memberships lower then 50,000 who bought a few stuff also. A couple of guys who were in CA from Phil who bought a few things as well, were planing to sell them on ebay. Met a guy from Germany who bought about 5 of each item and put them on ebay during the show, that was crazy, but hey his trip wasn't cheap and if he could help a few other folks get some rare merch and make some money at the same time, well then that's on him. I am just glad i made it early to pick up a few things.
    I showed up 8hrs before the gates opened.
    I am not a true fan for doing this? Most true fans don't even come on the pit, how do you know what a true fan is?
    because I sold a few shirts I am not a true fan? Well, then what does this make the band? they use to charge 25 for a show now I paid over 100 with fees...
    come on man .... if you want to sell at face that's cool- but if someone else wants to flip something- then that's there beef and just prepare next time.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    tonifig8 wrote:
    It's ok for the band to make 5 million on 4 shows (mostly merch), but it's not ok for a fan to turn around and sell his poster and make a little money.
    Well we try to help out each other here (at least in theory)
    So go ahead and flip it for profit-just dont do it here-I think that is the general consensus
    That being said there are a few people here that have nothing but hate for people who try to make a buck off PJ collectibles instead of sharing the wealth-personally I dont really care, but if you come here, expect some grief if you try to sell for profit
    Get_Right wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    It's ok for the band to make 5 million on 4 shows (mostly merch), but it's not ok for a fan to turn around and sell his poster and make a little money.
    So go ahead and flip it for profit-just dont do it here-I think that is the general consensus
    That being said there are a few people here that have nothing but hate for people who try to make a buck off PJ collectibles instead of sharing the wealth-personally I dont really care, but if you come here, expect some grief if you try to sell for profit

So let me get this right- If I want to post something for sale here, it has to be at cost? Collectible items don't gain value?
    I understand what your saying, and I respect the point, but don't go around accusing people of not being true PJ fan's, as that other guy just did. Also, the guy selling the poster is selling it cheap - at least half off the market value. I think its cool of him to post it here first and then go to the open market where he can get double. I personally would have posted on ebay and maybe here. Not everyone thinks like you guys and the motive is not always profits, because the money you make from these items is nothing compared to what the band makes off of its merchandise. Why don't you rip the band for charging 35 for a shirt that cost about 2.50?
    Get_Right wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Also in theory the guy is helping "true fan's" out by selling it for more then half off market value.
    edited December 2009
    sorry
    Post edited by zappa99 on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Also in theory the guy is helping "true fan's" out by selling it for more then half off market value.
    perhaps less than market value, but that mark up wont be viewed as helping anyone out-not around these parts
    and I am not going to get into what makes someone a true fan
    because you could be a true fan and a profit monger at the same time
    zappa99 wrote:
    This guy is a douche I offered him the Mccarthy poster he wanted, he asked for more, even though it sells for the same price. I offered him a Mccarthey that sells for more he still wants more. They still will be offered through the ten club, so f**k him.

Yeah - I'm not defending the guy here- I am just defending one side of the argument. I too offered some good posters, but he didn't want to trade - And your offer seems really good to me-
    I thought his price of 125 was good, based on the market value- That's all - I understand some people don't like it- but that doesn't mean were not "True Fan's" because we sell something at it's value.

tonifig8
    I offered him the poster he asked for.
    edited December 2009
    I am not going to get into what makes someone a true fan
    because you could be a true fan and a profit monger at the same time

I respect your point- I just didn't like how that other guy said people who sell something and make a profit off of it aren't "true fan" - I guess I just didn't get the memo on "true fan's"...
    And i am most certainly not defending the guy who buys 20 shirts- I made my point about that earlier.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One of these sold on ebay for $175 a few days ago, and $256(!) today ...

see here ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 84&rvr_id=

No wonder this guy is renegging. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Mccarthy's sell for the same if not more
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    I'm a true fan and in 5 concerts that I went to this year I bought at least 3 shirts at every show- also bought about 7 posters or so(total)..... I sold most of them on ebay.
    I met folks who had fan club memberships lower then 50,000 who bought a few stuff also. A couple of guys who were in CA from Phil who bought a few things as well, were planing to sell them on ebay. Met a guy from Germany who bought about 5 of each item and put them on ebay during the show, that was crazy, but hey his trip wasn't cheap and if he could help a few other folks get some rare merch and make some money at the same time, well then that's on him. I am just glad i made it early to pick up a few things.
    I showed up 8hrs before the gates opened.
    I am not a true fan for doing this? Most true fans don't even come on the pit, how do you know what a true fan is?
    because I sold a few shirts I am not a true fan? Well, then what does this make the band? they use to charge 25 for a show now I paid over 100 with fees...
    come on man .... if you want to sell at face that's cool- but if someone else wants to flip something- then that's there beef and just prepare next time.
    the shows in europe start at 20:00..i was there from 8 in the morning.the last europe tour cost me 5.500 $.and i try to put my credit card to zero again.i buy from all 1 shirt and 1 poster and some stickers+keychains only for me..and the extra i took from O2 was for 2 friends as a gift..people like u are responsible that i travel for a tour to 3-4-5 different countries and cant find a shirt in my size or a poster of the show.
    im not gonna make profit from friends,couse thats the way pj fans are for me,and i know how hard they try to save money to see their favorite band .u can do what ever u like,its your way of living..
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    zappa99 wrote:
    Mccarthy's sell for the same if not more

some do, some don't.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    jcfranz wrote:

When BS was released at Target I saw a chick walk out with 20 T-shirts....