Dreams

SnurpyMooksSnurpyMooks Posts: 90
edited February 2010 in The Porch
How often do you all dream of Pearl Jam? I seem to dream every couple of weeks about meeting Eddie.
One for each day, since I fell apart
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Every now and again I'll have this dream where I'm in the hospital and Mike will come to visit me. I understand the dream completely and understand why I dream about it, yet it's always just that one dream. If nothing else, it almost feels like I've had a one on one conversation with Mike. Someday I'd like to make that aspect of the dream a reality.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Lucky bugger! Wish I could dream a dream like that! I dreamt about Stone once, but it was a long time ago.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Sorry, if you're a person who needs to visit hospital every now and then then you're not lucky. But the prospect of having Mike come and visit me in hospital would be worth my while to go to hospital! Hope you're ok and dont have a worrying illness. ;)
  • I dreamed of hanging backstage with the boys shortly before the Aussie tour kicked off.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • It is sooo weird...but I do at least every couple weeks. Just little dreams where I always end up meeting Ed or talking to him. I have had soo many different ones...meeting them when playing at a small venue and Ed giving me something or just talking to him or even a kiss on the cheek : ) or being on stage while they are playing a huge show...I even had one where Ed asked me which songs I wanted to hear. It's crazy...I wake up and for one millisecond I'm like woooo hoooo....then realize it's a dream, damn...hahhaa
    I miss you alreddie.
  • tonight I dozed off......I woke up after dreaming that Patrick Dempsey and I were debating the value of inclusion of a certain dress in a Vogue catwalk showcase.

I turned to my wife and said "we just had sex.....why am I dreaming like a gay man?". :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • so in closing.......no, I don't think I've ever dreamt of PJ.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • you guys are weird........

I had a wet dream involving the band once. Similar to that of the scene in Zoolander when they have that big orgy, only much gayer.
  • i had my first ever dream the night before they played in adelaide. in the dream i met ed and he asked me what song id like them to play, i said brain of j and then wished id said smile... at the show the next day they played both. weird. :shock: :D
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    On the bus going to an AC/DC gig with the missus in Glasgow in June this year I fell asleep and had a dreamt was off to see PJ at Fat Sam's in Dundee. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up! :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I think i only dreamt once about PJ and that was a few weeks ago. Something about the philly bootlegs. I know I have dreamt of other bands also.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Every few weeks for me as well

Most recently it was that I won the lottery at MSG, right in front of Jeff :D . All my favorite songs were played, and I was jumping up and down the whole time like a mad woman, and thoroughly enjoying myself! Suddenly, Ed points to a stage guy and then points to me, and brings me up on stage! He asks me how old I am and my name, and even does a little dance with me! ....then I woke up.

How I WISH that was real!!!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I just had a dream last night...

They were playing an outside venue in my town and ACDC was opening for them. I waited in my seat for hours and hours because I didn't want to lose it (nobody had assigned seats). After PJ played FeFe Dobson started playing (I remeber her from when I was a teenager but I couln't tell you now what any of her songs are, I forgot she even existed until I woke up this morning) Anyway's then Ed came and sat beside my husband and I and he was wearing a camouflage winter suit and he was playing with his I-phone. We all just talked like we were friends for years....Hey maybe we were in a past life :D

I find dreams hilarious. It's amazing how your imagination just runs wild while you sleep and makes things up.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    I had a vivid PJ dream last night. It was about their tour for 2010. They posted it on the website but it looked like a Monopoly board game or something. The opening bands were MGMT and Ben Harper and the philly date(s) was like Aug. 9th or 10th, but I don't remember where exactly.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • i've had a few...

quite a few where i'm at the pearl jam concert. one was REALLY vivid like it was happening and it was just starting and i had to wake up for work ....UGHH

haha, once i had one where me stone and ed were hanging out and we were in my room and stone was checking out a bunch of pearl jam posters on the walls going, "that's it? you dont have any more?" and ed looking at us both like, "whatever, dudes"

none lately, though.
  • I've had dreams where I've made the setlist for the shows and discussed them with Eddie. Dreams where I have been in the front row. In my dreams I have received a bunch of eddie guitar picks...yet in real life I have none :(

ah it's good too dream
    The other night I had a weird dream involving Eddie Vedder. Him, Johnny Depp, and a few other actors were in this "gangster movie (kinda like Public Enemies) but it took place somewhere around the Jersey Shore.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    Lucky you!
    I wish to meet them in my dream,at least :(

A history in Japan,
    It is said that the first dream of the New Year will come true.

(ps:Please don't believe a bad dream ;) )

Wishing you a sweeeet dream to start the new year!
  • I had a dream involving Jeff Ament once, but I don't recall any of it. The second dream was with the whole band. I remember asking the band members for their autographs and taking a damn long time to find something to sign their names on. That was a weird dream!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    kazuki.k wrote:
    Lucky you!
    I wish to meet them in my dream,at least :(

A history in Japan,
    It is said that the first dream of the New Year will come true.

(ps:Please don't believe a bad dream ;) )

Wishing you a sweeeet dream to start the new year!

shuffle shuffle, I can already hear everyone going to bed early New Years Eve. :D

I've had a few, but one that stands out was me getting the band to my local swimming hole, and they were all too scared to get in the Dam with the rest of us, and also we kept spilling the picknick food into the sand. :?
    I had a dream that Pearl Jam was playing SNL, but they weren't really playing SNL just a regular show in NYC at the Terminal (Which I've never been too). I got a ticket and on the ticket the opening act said it was Jerry Cantrell. SO the show comes, but it was U2 opening up for PJ, and not Jerry they only played one song though (forget what song, one of their big hits though). I had real good "seats" too, right up front. Then PJ came on, started out by playing The Fixer then i think Johnny Guitar. Then the all these bees came out and they had to stop the show.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I pre-ordered Backspacer and had a really vivid dream where I was looking out my bedroom window and I saw the postman walking down the drive and he was delivering it.

I woke up and told my girlfriend that it was definatly coming today as I had a dream about it. As I was getting dressed I looked out the window and there was the postman walking down the drive...

That day he delivered Backspacer!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    i have these a lot too.

always meeting the band in wierd scenarios

waking up is a real pisser
  • Last week I had this VERY strange dream. It was a week during which I had to go to vocational school - now I'm back in the company. And I dreamt that my IT systems teacher comes into class, telling us that there will be a concert in school the next day and they need someone to pick up the musicians at the airport and bring them to the school (which is quite a long time to drive as there's speed limits on the way). First I was pretty uninterested until he said that probably we all won't know them as their mos famous time was in the beginning of the 90s and we're all too young to know - that made me look up from my laptop. And he finally said it: "It's a band called Pearl Jam" - what the ****?? Of course I told him I'd pick them up, and when I arrived at the airport the next morning they were all gone except for Eddie who told me that the others took the train (sure :roll: ) and he wanted to wait for me so I don't worry. So we had a lot of time to talk and stayed in touch from that moment being something like best friends (no, not more - I was surprised myself! :lol: ).

Don't judge me - I know it's weird and makes no sense at all but it was an all-night dream that made me feel pretty good the next morning :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    I had this dream where I was working for 10club in Seattle. I was working with Santos organizing & shipping out Pearl Jam merchandise goodies for all the good boy's & girls of the world. My home where I lived was just across the street of 10club's warehouse. I've seen & walked this many times in my dreams.

Dreams sometimes come true right?
    This is one I wish to score someday! ;)
  • I had a nightmare about Nickleback once... ;)
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • musicman wrote:
    I had a nightmare about Nickleback once... ;)

I just had one as well. Watching Monday Night Raw - the new theme song is from Nickleback ;)
  • Stonerlady wrote:
    musicman wrote:

I just had one as well. Watching Monday Night Raw - the new theme song is from Nickleback ;)

That would be enough to make me turn the channel.
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    Stonerlady wrote:
    musicman wrote:

Watched it last night. Thank GOD for the Olympics, there was something else on TV that I could watch during the commercials & Nickelback tunes during RAW. I haven't watch RAW in years. Only got back to watching cause of Bret Hittman Hart.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    And I thought I was obsessed. :lol:

I had a dream once years ago when I was a teenager. Other than that I usually dream about normal things. ;)