Options

Single or Married??

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I am almost single...
    He divorced me on facebook two weeks ago.
    But in real life he has to hire a lawyer.

This is all advice from real humans:

it's good that I'm young I can still start over.
    You are lucky you don't have any kids.
    Stay strong and recite the lords prayer, you can get through this.
    What are you going to do?
    Did you see it coming?
    Did you try counseling?
    It's probably another woman?
    everyone gets divorced these days.

my favorite is that I shouldn't worry I'll find another man to take care of me.

Wolves mate for life, so do doves. So if I'm a wolf, and I lost my mate ... I'll be alive forever. ;)
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I am almost single...

Did you see it coming?
    Did you try counseling?

Wolves mate for life, so do doves. So if I'm a wolf, and I lost my mate ... I'll be alive forever. ;)

Never ceases to amaze me how people who have loved treat each other,and the shit some people say to make you feel better,could they not just shut up and listen for a while?

My experience "comforting" words from my mum "never mind nothing ever goes right for you"
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    I'm almost single, my husbands on death row! ;)
    Married ten years feels like a hundred. Need side ass BAD. :D
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    STAYSEA wrote:
    I am almost single...

Did you see it coming?
    Did you try counseling?

there is always the next day..there are still stars in the sky..go step by step..all need time..better will come sooner than you think..stay stronge and positive
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Reading some of these posts just breaks my heart. :(

At the same time feeling grateful for being one of the lucky ones. Hubby'll be reading this before too long. Hi babe :wave:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Married for almost 6 years now and love it. My hubby's the most amazing guy in the world and I've had more fun being married to him than I ever did when I was single...

...of course that's because we don't have any kids yet! :lol:

I'm such a cynic when it comes to that institution as a whole but seeing things like this almost give me a bit of faith! so, thanks lol.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm married. It's not always a barrel of sunshine, but I love him and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    single.
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Single ;)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Single ;)

:thumbup: 8-)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    happily married! :D
    CLTH2546.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Single and Alive! (And loving it!) :D
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    iamica wrote:
    I'm married. It's not always a barrel of sunshine, but I love him and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Couldnt have put it better. well ok...
    I'm married. It's not always a barrel of sunshine, but I love her and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    iamica wrote:

Couldnt have put it better. well ok...
    I'm married. It's not always a barrel of sunshine, but I love her and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D
    Well said both times. :clap:
    I'm still with my first husband, since 1978. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    single!
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    Single. 8-)
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    It will be our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow, and our 16th anniversary since we started "going out" :D Love ya Mr Tink ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    like the love of some people.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    tinkerbell wrote:
    It will be our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow, and our 16th anniversary since we started "going out" :D Love ya Mr Tink ;)

Happy Anniversary Tink family!!! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Happy Anniversary Tink family!!! :D
  • Options
    married.

now single.

never married again! :D

I don't think any relationship will ever be good enough where I say "hey baby, this is so good, let's get the government involved in this shit!"
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Not married, but definitely not single.

I grew up seeing some really horrible examples of what marriage was (with the exception of my grandparents who were happily married forever), so it was something I NEVER wanted. As I continued into adulthood, I continued to see how destructive marriages could be for friends of mine who made that choice and I never felt compelled to make it myself...even though I was in a long-term relationship with someone who wanted that. I would always tell him how I didn't believe in marriage and it was something I never wanted...but looking back, I just didn't want it with HIM. I'm now in a relationship with a wonderful man who loves me like nobody ever has, makes me feel happier and more secure than I've ever felt, and who is the most amazing partner I could ask for. I suddenly know what it feels like to WANT to be married! I can't wait to be his wife someday!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    married.

now single.

I don't think any relationship will ever be good enough where I say "hey baby, this is so good, let's get the government involved in this shit!"

SO romantic!! :lol::lol:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Engaged. Getting married October 13th.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Not married, but definitely not single.

I grew up seeing some really horrible examples of what marriage was (with the exception of my grandparents who were happily married forever), so it was something I NEVER wanted. As I continued into adulthood, I continued to see how destructive marriages could be for friends of mine who made that choice and I never felt compelled to make it myself...even though I was in a long-term relationship with someone who wanted that. I would always tell him how I didn't believe in marriage and it was something I never wanted...but looking back, I just didn't want it with HIM. I'm now in a relationship with a wonderful man who loves me like nobody ever has, makes me feel happier and more secure than I've ever felt, and who is the most amazing partner I could ask for. I suddenly know what it feels like to WANT to be married! I can't wait to be his wife someday!

you two are so friggen romantic and cute it makes me smile :mrgreen:
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    married.

now single.

now that is romantic. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Engaged. Getting married October 13th.

Congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What ever you are..just Love as much as you can....
  • Options
    What everyou are..just Love as much as you can....

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    What ever you are..just Love as much as you can....
    This.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."