Pearl Jam Collection 90s items/Signatures What's it worth?

2»

Comments

• well the main reason i wanted to chime in here is to tell you that it's FAIR dog. not fare. you're looking for a fair price not a fare price. bottom line is, if you are hard up for money like you say, then selling each piece individually is the way to go. you can't get top dollar prices selling items in LOT fashion. you also can't take the highest price you've found for an autograph, cd, or poster and use that as your reference. your basing your prices on extreme cases of people dropping mad cash on ebay then cutting the price a little and saying look what a great deal.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    well the main reason i wanted to chime in here is to tell you that it's FAIR dog. not fare. you're looking for a fair price not a fare price. bottom line is, if you are hard up for money like you say, then selling each piece individually is the way to go. you can't get top dollar prices selling items in LOT fashion. you also can't take the highest price you've found for an autograph, cd, or poster and use that as your reference. your basing your prices on extreme cases of people dropping mad cash on ebay then cutting the price a little and saying look what a great deal.

Thanks for the correction in grammer "Dog" :D I guess i was thinking about air fare or something....

Anyhow - I didn't take extreme examples of prices- My point is that I have never seen an original signature sell for anything less then $125. Especially one from the 90's. Maybe it has sold for less then that, but it really isn't seen, or maybe it's a fake- and those are newer versions.

You have to understand that the prices are based on an average- An original 3 set cd from Atlanta doesn't sell for anything less then $50- unless its just get a sick deal on the board- Most good bootlegs from the 90's (in good cond) sell for at least $30.... another example
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
    If i had placed my bid like i was suppose to for this CD it would have sold for at least $35

Again - the CD's are an average price for the whole lot- does that make sense? or am i really just not seeing things clearly?

Now I know that you could get just about any live performance online, but for those of you who still appreciate the actual CD - well then here you go- just like the vinyl stuff--- it's about collecting and owning the real deal.

Some people like it one way - others like it the other way----

I just want to know what a fair price is........and talk about it a little- I've been collecting PJ stuff since I was 14 years old - and buying a bootleg at the record store, (back in those days, $40) was like finding oil in your back yard!(that is if you own your house-lol) :D

thanks for the information
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    tonifig8 wrote:
    well the main reason i wanted to chime in here is to tell you that it's FAIR dog. not fare. you're looking for a fair price not a fare price. bottom line is, if you are hard up for money like you say, then selling each piece individually is the way to go. you can't get top dollar prices selling items in LOT fashion. you also can't take the highest price you've found for an autograph, cd, or poster and use that as your reference. your basing your prices on extreme cases of people dropping mad cash on ebay then cutting the price a little and saying look what a great deal.

Thanks for the correction in grammer "Dog" :D I guess i was thinking about air fare or something....

Anyhow - I didn't take extreme examples of prices- My point is that I have never seen an original signature sell for anything less then $125. Especially one from the 90's. Maybe it has sold for less then that, but it really isn't seen, or maybe it's a fake- and those are newer versions.

You have to understand that the prices are based on an average- An original 3 set cd from Atlanta doesn't sell for anything less then $50- unless its just get a sick deal on the board- Most good bootlegs from the 90's (in good cond) sell for at least $30.... another example
    If i had placed my bid like i was suppose to for this CD it would have sold for at least $35

Again - the CD's are an average price for the whole lot- does that make sense? or am i really just not seeing things clearly?

Now I know that you could get just about any live performance online, but for those of you who still appreciate the actual CD - well then here you go- just like the vinyl stuff--- it's about collecting and owning the real deal.

I just want to know what a fair price is........and talk about it a little- I've been collecting PJ stuff since I was 14 years old - and buying a bootleg at the record store, (back in those days, $40) was like finding oil in your back yard!(that is if you own your house-lol) :D

FAIR...as it were is going to be in the eyes of the beholder my friend...Only YOU will know what is a FAIR price would be as we are all going to have a different OPINION on the lot. I for one do not think the bootlegs are worth SQUAT! Sure, back in the day, they sold for that much, because it was really the only way you could get something like that. Unless you were a tape trader or the person who taped the show it was the only way to hear it. The autographs are kind of the same thing. Sure, most of us here will tell you whether or not we FEEL they are legit or not based off our experiences and the research we have done, but at the end of the day, the arent worth the paper they are printed on unless YOU feel they are worth something. I have a couple of things with sigs on them and I know they are real because I got the signed, or got them from someone I know had them signed. They hold absolutely NO VALUE to me other than I think they are cool. And if you havent seen an original sig sell for less than $125, then you are looking in the wrong place as it happens all the time, so yes, imho, your prices and examples were extreme. So again, FAIR is going to be up to you because what would be FAIR to you and FAIR to me, are going to be EXTREMELY different....This is from one collector to another. :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12

One more thought - The reason I am selling this should have nothing to do with why you are buying it- I could say anything - The buyer should just jump on the opportunity to buy such nice pieces- I guess that's how I have always bought my collectibles- if its available and its what I want - then I make my move - the reason could help influence the price, but other then that I just jump on the opportunity..... Especially like these - If it wasn't for the economy these beauties would have never surfaced - trust me--- just like some of the other stuff I have-- I will have to be buried with them....

thanks again for you insight....
    tonifig8 wrote:

FAIR...as it were is going to be in the eyes of the beholder my friend...Only YOU will know what is a FAIR price would be as we are all going to have a different OPINION on the lot. I for one do not think the bootlegs are worth SQUAT! Sure, back in the day, they sold for that much, because it was really the only way you could get something like that. Unless you were a tape trader or the person who taped the show it was the only way to hear it. The autographs are kind of the same thing. Sure, most of us here will tell you whether or not we FEEL they are legit or not based off our experiences and the research we have done, but at the end of the day, the arent worth the paper they are printed on unless YOU feel they are worth something. I have a couple of things with sigs on them and I know they are real because I got the signed, or got them from someone I know had them signed. They hold absolutely NO VALUE to me other than I think they are cool. And if you havent seen an original sig sell for less than $125, then you are looking in the wrong place as it happens all the time, so yes, imho, your prices and examples were extreme. So again, FAIR is going to be up to you because what would be FAIR to you and FAIR to me, are going to be EXTREMELY different....This is from one collector to another. :-)

What's up with all the capital letters in "Fair" are you trying to prove a point? because I corrected myself already. There is no need to be disrespectful.
    I am in no way comparing the prices of the 90's to today's....prices on the bootlegs. Which is why I clearly stated that most boots are available online, but to some folks like myself I still like owning the actual cd.
    Now if you could give me an example of an Ed autograph selling for less then $125 that would be interesting to see. I have just never seen one online. And again, my auction is based on an average for the signed stuff as well. And I believe, from researching current sales and past sales that the price per piece is fair. Most of Mike's sigs, Stone's sigs, and Jeff sigs alone sell for $75 a piece.
    and I am adding $50 more for the ed stuff - oh and the fact they are from the 90's.
    I completely see your point - and I appreciate your thoughts- but if your not a collector of Pearl Jam signatures or Pearl Jam related items, then this wouldn't be for you- If you feel a fare price is $11 per piece (like someone else mentioned) then that is your opinion and as the owner of this I wouldn't sell for that price.
    I respect your point of view and appreciate your time on this.

best,
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    edited November 2009
    Sorry...No disrespect meant...Was just having some fun with the guy who pointed out the fare/fair thing earlier...Wasnt directed at you.

I am a wee bit of a collector, and do have some experience in the world of Pearl Jam, although not as much as you from the sounds of it. Again, I am NOT saying that your stuff isnt worth what you are asking. You asked for our opinion on what we thought was a fair price. I was merely trying to point out that here, you are going to get a miriad of answers as some will hold sigs in higher regard than others. I also think you have to consider that some peoples attitude towards the silver cds (be it original or not) has changed over the years and people realize they arent worth as much as they use to be. You MAY find someone willing to buy these at your prices, but I personally think you will have better luck breaking up the collection and doing it that way. Again...Just my opinion and it doesnt mean shit....I am not to well versed in collecting PJ stuff, just going off what I have read here over the years!.....Just giving you some of the feedback you asked for. No disrepsect meant or intended! :-)
    Post edited by pjtradeking on
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Crikey I'm dumb I didn't realise when you asked me a few weeks ago what a good offer would be that you were selling!!! Thought you were thinking of offering on it

ah well I still maintain you should take the time to list all that stuff seperately. At least then we can if your vals hold up. Granted there are a few cool bits here but on the most part this is just an autograph auction - the rest is standard fair stuff thrown in to make the numbers up
    Sorry...No disrespect meant...Was just having some fun with the guy who pointed out the fare/fair thing earlier...Wasnt directed at you.

I am a wee bit of a collector, and do have some experience in the world of Pearl Jam, although not as much as you from the sounds of it. Again, I am NOT saying that your stuff isnt worth what you are asking. You asked for our opinion on what we thought was a fair price. I was merely trying to point out that here, you are going to get a mirad of answers as some will hold sigs in higher regard than others. I also think you have to consider that some peoples attitude towards the silver cds (be it original or not) has changed over the years and people realize they arent worth as much as they use to be. You MAY find someone willing to buy these at your prices, but I personally think you will have better luck breaking up the collection and doing it that way. Again...Just my opinion and it doesnt mean shit....I am not to well versed in collecting PJ stuff, just going off what I have read here over the years!.....Just giving you some of the feedback you asked for. No disrepsect meant or intended! :-)

No Harm no Foul- Thanks for the information - I just wanted to keep it as pure as possible. Stay tuned.....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    edited November 2009
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'm just trying to get it right here - I see auto's sell for well over 200 (with modern sigs) example,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0490914210

CD's like the ones in the auction
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0488676882

And there are tons of examples-
    I don't think I have ever seen an Ed signature sell for anything less then $125 (an original)- no joke- and these are 90's signatures- Not worth 125? wow that is very confusing :?

Can someone who is a real collector please shed some light here...... :(
    I am a collector, just not of ebay autographs or band photos.
    Like I said, just because something is rare or unique, that does not mean it is automatically valuable in the open market
    so far, I see most people agree that your prices are high, and you seem to be defending yourself an awful lot-so take it for what it is-a bunch of opinions that you asked for
    just calling it like I see it, especially in the down market
    good luck with your auction
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    sorry double
  • PjWeezyPjWeezy Posts: 160
    Dang I thought $3,000 would be a pretty fair offer, if not still overpriced, but I was declined by the seller. I doubt anybody will offer more than that. Oh well.
    Get_Right wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'm just trying to get it right here - I see auto's sell for well over 200 (with modern sigs) example,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0490914210

CD's like the ones in the auction
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0488676882

And there are tons of examples-
    I don't think I have ever seen an Ed signature sell for anything less then $125 (an original)- no joke- and these are 90's signatures- Not worth 125? wow that is very confusing :?

Can someone who is a real collector please shed some light here...... :(
    I am a collector, just not of ebay autographs or band photos.
    Like I said, just because something is rare or unique, that does not mean it is automatically valuable in the open market
    so far, I see most people agree that your prices are high, and you seem to be defending yourself an awful lot-so take it for what it is-a bunch of opinions that you asked for
    just calling it like I see it, especially in the down market
    good luck with your auction

Thank You - my intent was not to come on here and defend myself specifically - I am looking to debate the subject, which is why I never wanted to mention myself as the owner. You see as a long time collector and as someone who considers himself some what knowledgeable in this area - I find it strange that some folks think this collection is worth 11.50 per piece considering, they are also collectors or share an interest in the area of collecting. The fact that they have a respect for the art and yet value this so low, is disturbing, but nonetheless I wanted to know how they came up with that value? I put my position with facts, I broke it down to an average price per piece - CD's, Posters, guitar picks, signatures, etc..etc... and I felt the price was fare in every field. Most vinyl's sell for about $90 with the exception of ten/vs/vitalogy.... but you get my point on the average.
    Now granted there has been over 600 people who have viewed the thread and have not weighed in- I am curious to see what they think as well. There are long time fans like myself who never shared an opinion on here -
    I just wanted to put the debate out there and see what the values are..... Now if you feel the value of an original Ed signature from the 90's is less then $100- well then prove it or inform me/us because I have just never seen it- Has it happened? Maybe in someone's backyard, but I've never seen it.
    The bottom Line is that I am looking for substance - in pricing my items - that''s all - I am looking to sell for a good price at a real value.
    Look at the those guy's who go around getting autos and selling them for thousands of dollars- They put there price and if you want it you pay what they ask - I am looking for offers or just buy the lot-

thanks for the information - it's well appreciated -
    sincerely
    Look for the new thread with individual Pieces for sale - here is a little slide show of everything that will be individually available? you may submit offers for consideration - I will post a new thread.... .. Thank you all

http://picasaweb.google.com/TonyFiguero ... O3P5KfsXQ#
  • These types of things are only worth what people are willing to pay. There is no use arguing that this or that sold for this much, if people aren't willing to pay it for your item then your item isn't worth that much. The fact that you are selling it all as one big heap makes it extremely hard to judge too. People will be a lot less willing to thrown $6000 at PJ items but would be much more willing to throw $150 or so at a single item.

Split it up if you want to get the real/average value for each item. Putting it in such a huge bundle is a burden, and expect to get significantly less than you'd like for it as a whole.
    MN247676 wrote:
    These types of things are only worth what people are willing to pay. There is no use arguing that this or that sold for this much, if people aren't willing to pay it for your item then your item isn't worth that much. The fact that you are selling it all as one big heap makes it extremely hard to judge too. People will be a lot less willing to thrown $6000 at PJ items but would be much more willing to throw $150 or so at a single item.

Split it up if you want to get the real/average value for each item. Putting it in such a huge bundle is a burden, and expect to get significantly less than you'd like for it as a whole.

very true- thanks for the information - I just posted the new thread - I am giving it a shot - No guarantees though- :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119013

kind regards
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited December 2009
    tonifig8 wrote:

I won this item.

PEARL JAM TEN SIGNED BY EDDIE VEDDER 91-92
    Sale price: $59.00
    Estimated delivery: Varies (USPS delivers within 2-5 days after seller ships item)
    Shipping & Handling:
    US Postal Service First Class Mail $3.00

The picture is long gone off of eBay, but I will post it when I get home. It is awesome.

Vintage Eddie signature with Hawaii written on it in his hand with original ticket stub.

hawaii.jpg
    Post edited by Wilds on
    edited June 2012
    Here is how I would value the autographed items in question.

Signed Items
    Signed Record Ed drew Sperm cells all around - signed by ed, jeff, mike, and stone - $400
    Eddie Magazine Page Signed by eddie w/ comment "That's Right" referring to comment in magazine $80-$150
    Vitalogy Album Cover Signed by Ed, Mike, and Stone $100.00-$150
    Vitalogy Album Insert Signed by Ed, Mike, Stone, and Jack $100-$150
    Eddie Photo Signed "Edward" $70
    Eddie Photo Standing on Stage Signed "Ed Ved" $80
    Eddie Poster Jumping into the Crowd (name inscribed) Eddie signed and wrote Seattle $80
    Eddie signed note card with "sun drawing" by ed $100
    Eddie Sitting Singed by eddie and also wrote "Set list Chicago Stadium" $130
    Go Album signed (inscribed to someone) eddie wrote "Don't Go Romones" signed by eddie $50
    Jeff A. Photo Large Size Frame Signed by Jeff $30
    Mike M. Photo Playing Guitar Behind his Head Signed by mike $30
    Mike M. Photo Playing Guitar on floor - Signed signed by mike $30
    Mike M. photo sitting on chair signed - inscribed to someone signed "thank you" mike $20
    Stone G. Photo Signed Near Stomach Playing Guitar signed $25
    Stone G.Photo Large Size Frame Signed $30

Total low value $1,200
    Total high value $1,525

These are the max prices I would be willing to spend, and what I would expect these items to go for at an open auction.

If they were listed at a Buy it Now price, then anything is possible. All it takes is 1 person to pull the trigger.
    At auction if you have two people that really want it, then items can go for waaaaay more than I would expect.

With the addition of this forum, I bet you would get top price for most of these items if listed individually.

What hurts your auctions.

1. Unlike the example you gave, your items are NOT psa/dna certified. If they were you could double the prices I've posted.

2. People are NOT familiar with the Eddie Vedder child like signature. I know it's real, and many do, but the majority of people will be skeptical.

3. Who has $3000.00 to spend in today's climate? Well it seems as if one shopper in this thread did. I would have taken that offer.

Good luck. I think you will do well if you sell stuff individually and I hope you prove my estimation to be low.

Nate
    Post edited by Wilds on
    Wilds wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

I won this item.

Sale price: $59.00
    Estimated delivery: Varies (USPS delivers within 2-5 days after seller ships item)
    Shipping & Handling:
    US Postal Service First Class Mail $3.00

The picture is long gone off of eBay, but I will post it when I get home. It is awesome.

Vintage Eddie signature with Hawaii written on it in his hand with original ticket stub.

Could you post the link to the auction?
    thanks and congratulations.
    UPDATE: Add a $100.00 to any framed item in my estimation.
    tonifig8 wrote:

The listing is old.

Here is the original post from when I won it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98678&p=2287846&hilit=+hawaii#p2287846

I would have spent $100.00, so that is saying something.

I'll post a pic when I get to it.

Nate
    Wilds wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

The listing is old.

Nate

Thanks for sharing Nate-
    I would have the guy they call Santos little helper to check that out-
    In my opinion it looks questionable- but like you I don't get paid to authenticate stuff- However, I have been in this field since I was 14yrs old (about 15yrs or so). Didn't get heavy into it until I was 17 (first job) and was able to get more involved.
    thanks for sharing
    Wilds wrote:

Signed Items
    Signed Record Ed drew Sperm cells all around - signed by ed, jeff, mike, and stone - $200-$400
    Eddie Magazine Page Signed by eddie w/ comment "That's Right" referring to comment in magazine $80-$150
    Eddie Poster Jumping into the Crowd (name inscribed) Eddie signed and wrote Seattle $80
    Go Album signed (inscribed to someone) eddie wrote "Don't Go Romones" signed by eddie $50
    Mike M. photo sitting on chair signed - inscribed to someone signed "thank you" mike $20

Total low value $1,200
    Total high value $1,525

These are the max prices I would be willing to spend, and what I would expect these items to go for at an open auction.

If they were listed at a Buy it Now price, then anything is possible. All it takes is 1 person to pull the trigger.
    At auction if you have two people that really want it, then items can go for waaaaay more than I would expect.

With the addition of this forum, I bet you would get top price for most of these items if listed individually.

1. Unlike the example you gave, your items are NOT psa/dna certified. If they were you could double the prices I've posted.

2. People are NOT familiar with the Eddie Vedder child like signature. I know it's real, and many do, but the majority of people will be skeptical.

3. Who has $3000.00 to spend in today's climate? Well it seems as if one shopper in this thread did. I would have taken that offer.

Good luck. I think you will do well if you sell stuff individually and I hope you prove my estimation to be low.

Nate

Hey Nate- thanks for taking the time and detailing your values. I would have to disagree with you on the prices of course, however I would agree with you in one area, and that is, that not to many people are aware of Ed's old signature(s).
    The fact that you valued the Sperm album at 200-400 was totally off- Think about it - this is a one of a kind piece - No one else owns this and Ed would never do the same thing twice - at least back in those days he wouldn't - This is considered a Master piece in the area of Pearl Jam collecting. This is probably one of the best pieces any PJ fan has ever seen- and many should take this as an opportunity to view this rare jewel. I have great appreciation for rare PJ items- and I love just spending time inspecting them and just appreciating them for what they represent.
    For the record you cannot get anything like this PSA/DNA authenticated because there are no records for these types of Ed autographs. People know them to be legit because they have heard of them or have seen them. People who have followed these types of items for at least 10years know this stuff.
    Another thing is that most of the big sellers on ebay have corporate accounts with authentication company's --- All they do is send a scan of the item and the company sends them back a certificate - There stuff doesn't even have to go into the PSA building in Orange County or other respective company's.

I am not a dealer I am a fan- a long time fan- a devoted fan-
    I appreciate your time
    tonifig8
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

The listing is old.

Nate

Thanks for sharing Nate-
    I would have the guy they call Santos little helper to check that out-
    In my opinion it looks questionable- but like you I don't get paid to authenticate stuff- However, I have been in this field since I was 14yrs old (about 15yrs or so). Didn't get heavy into it until I was 17 (first job) and was able to get more involved.
    thanks for sharing

That thread is mine, the picture you reference is not. That pic is from someone else displaying the "sideways Ed".

The auto I bought is on the Ten album/CD and comes with doodle and Eddie wrote Hawaii. I don't have the picture handy, but will find it and post it when I can.
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Signed Items
    Signed Record Ed drew Sperm cells all around - signed by ed, jeff, mike, and stone - $200-$400

Total low value $1,200
    Total high value $1,525

Nate

Hey Nate- thanks for taking the time and detailing your values. I would have to disagree with you on the prices of course, however I would agree with you in one area, and that is, that not to many people are aware of Ed's old signature(s).
    The fact that you valued the Sperm album at 200-400 was totally off- Think about it - this is a one of a kind piece - No one else owns this and Ed would never do the same thing twice - at least back in those days he wouldn't - This is considered a Master piece in the area of Pearl Jam collecting. This is probably one of the best pieces any PJ fan has ever seen- and many should take this as an opportunity to view this rare jewel. I have great appreciation for rare PJ items- and I love just spending time inspecting them and just appreciating them for what they represent.
    For the record you cannot get anything like this PSA/DNA authenticated because there are no records for these types of Ed autographs. People know them to be legit because they have heard of them or have seen them. People who have followed these types of items for at least 10years know this stuff.
    Another thing is that most of the big sellers on ebay have corporate accounts with authentication company's --- All they do is send a scan of the item and the company sends them back a certificate - There stuff doesn't even have to go into the PSA building in Orange County or other respective company's.

I am not a dealer I am a fan- a long time fan- a devoted fan-
    I appreciate your time
    tonifig8

Those are all fair points and perhaps you are correct about the sperm vinyl.

Here is an AMAZING piece that has been on eBay for 2 years. It is one of the infamous door mats that usually go for around $100.00 on eBay. However this one is signed by the band AND Jeff made an amazing doodle of himself I suppose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Pearl-Jam-Do ... 1c0af51991

I would say this is worth around $200.00, but the seller can't unload it.

There was an amazing poster for sale last year of an original 10 promo. It had eddie's signature, plus he drew a dripping hatchet in his hand, an amazing doodle, and some words to the effect.

The bidding maxed out at $150.00 I think and I don't think the reserve was met.

So there is certainly debate about how rare and valuable something is. I bet you could meet a price of $1000.00 if all things hit and you found the perfect buyer. I could also see that record selling for $150.00 on an open auction.

The more the piece gets talked about and promoted on this board, I think the price will increase.

EDIT: Wanted to tell about one more item.... the one I cried myself to sleep about. It was a circa 1991 setlist hand written by Ed/or Jeff and signed by the whole band.

It still had black tape on it and it was ripped off the floor.

I bid $150.00 (was totally broke at the time) and lost out to someone for $152.50.

That thing was sick.
    Wilds wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Those are all fair points and perhaps you are correct about the sperm vinyl.

Here is an AMAZING piece that has been on eBay for 2 years. It is one of the infamous door mats that usually go for around $100.00 on eBay. However this one is signed by the band AND Jeff made an amazing doodle of himself I suppose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Pearl-Jam-Do ... 1c0af51991

I would say this is worth around $200.00, but the seller can't unload it.

There was an amazing poster for sale last year of an original 10 promo. It had eddie's signature, plus he drew a dripping hatchet in his hand, an amazing doodle, and some words to the effect.

The bidding maxed out at $150.00 I think and I don't think the reserve was met.

So there is certainly debate about how rare and valuable something is. I bet you could meet a price of $1000.00 if all things hit and you found the perfect buyer. I could also see that record selling for $150.00 on an open auction.

The more the piece gets talked about and promoted on this board, I think the price will increase.

EDIT: Wanted to tell about one more item.... the one I cried myself to sleep about. It was a circa 1991 setlist hand written by Ed/or Jeff and signed by the whole band.

It still had black tape on it and it was ripped off the floor.

I bid $150.00 (was totally broke at the time) and lost out to someone for $152.50.

That thing was sick.

Those are some wild items your talking about - That door mat is cool, but the picture sucks - they need to post some closer shots- with more details-
    Something interesting about what that seller said -In regards to obtaining the signatures. He said something about getting the stuff from valid sources etc...etc... A lot of company's like the Hard Rock cafe, which sells memorabilia, actually gets there stuff from the same guys who sell tons of autos on ebay/online. They have trusted clients who they always work with (just an FYI). A lot of those guys have some crazy items too- but they hold on to those beauties - I've talked to plenty of those guys and a lot of them are actually pretty cool- I give them props for running around the country for there signatures- with out those guy's a lot of people wouldn't have signatures.....

that's to bad about the set list- that would have been an amazing piece- even just a copy of a set list from those days would be amazing. In the 90's PJ autos were sick hot! But now - like most things the market has dropped-
    My only advise to those who have never seen these types of autographs is to learn from them and to pick them up when there is an opportunity. They rarely surface and they represent a time that will never be seen again.