Pearl Jam Collection 90s items/Signatures What's it worth?

Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I'm no expert, but that Ed sig looks fave as hell
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I don't know the value. I do know that every one of those signatures checks out as real in my opinion.

Those are some awesome classic signatures.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I have spoken to the guy who's auction it is. I have suggested he comes on here for some honest evaluations and to see if there is any interest so keep your eyes peeled
  • Ed's signature has changed since the 90's, but these items look genuine. I think between 3,500 to 4,500. But I would keep the sperm drawing for a few more years yet.
  • The signatures are 100% real but this stuff is about $5000 over priced lol...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    Wilds wrote:
    I don't know the value. I do know that every one of those signatures checks out as real in my opinion.

Those are some awesome classic signatures.

definitely some nice examples,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    pjammer92 wrote:
    The signatures are 100% real but this stuff is about $5000 over priced lol...

I was actually going to value it at about 1K to $1,200.00, although I could see it going for upwards of 1.5 - 2K if he listed it individually.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Wilds wrote:
    pjammer92 wrote:
    The signatures are 100% real but this stuff is about $5000 over priced lol...

I was actually going to value it at about 1K to $1,200.00, although I could see it going for upwards of 1.5 - 2K if he listed it individually.

Now are you guy's only talking about the signatures? or the whole collection? Does the break down make sense? as far as the dollar price per piece? Because $1,500/ 130 pieces means $11.50 per piece.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    "Flat rate of $50 for worldwide shipping. Insurance is not included in shipping, that is the buyers responsibility. " To send all these goodies outside the USA, it's gonna cost you more then $50 bucks US. What with the poster tubes, boxes to put the shirts, cd's etc.. How much more will it cost for insurance? What buyer won't add insurance on this?

The albums, selling @ $50 bucks a pop isn't a little high. Bootleg CD's @ $35 bucks each? Are they unofficial or official? Open or not opened?

As for the sig's, "Signed items-16x $125=$2,000" .. come on!

"Total $6005 of course some of these items are way over the average price, but this gives you an idea of how I am willing to sell at a below average price."

hmm ...
    demetrios wrote:
    "Flat rate of $50 for worldwide shipping. Insurance is not included in shipping, that is the buyers responsibility. " To send all these goodies outside the USA, it's gonna cost you more then $50 bucks US. What with the poster tubes, boxes to put the shirts, cd's etc.. How much more will it cost for insurance? What buyer won't add insurance on this?

The albums, selling @ $50 bucks a pop isn't a little high. Bootleg CD's @ $35 bucks each? Are they unofficial or official? Open or not opened?

As for the sig's, "Signed items-16x $125=$2,000" .. come on!

"Total $6005 of course some of these items are way over the average price, but this gives you an idea of how I am willing to sell at a below average price."

hmm ...

"come on"....does that mean you feel that the price per piece is to much on the signed items? An original signature from the 90's for $125 is to much? I've seen new ed signatures sell for over $400- :?
    hhhhmmm..... this is confusing
    tonifig8 wrote:
    "come on"....does that mean you feel that the price per piece is to much on the signed items? An original signature from the 90's for $125 is to much? I've seen new ed signatures sell for over $400- :?

The 'Ed Ved' sigs , picture 3 & 5 on the top, look a little bit different.
    It's hard to trust one that is selling alot of signed goods in one order.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Purchasing-REAL ... 0000963704

"Groups such as the UACC (Univeral Autograph Collector's Club) and the FBI have estimated that as much as 80% of the autographs for sale online are not authentic."

To sell all these sigs, in one huge order, it's a little iffy. Sorry! Maybe sell them one by one sig. See what happens. But for all of us out there, not able to see all the items/pictures with these sigs, what about all those cds, what are they? How do we know it'll be included in the boxes? I don't think so. "Its usually abt $1 for every $100-need to double check." Are you kidding me? It's gonna cost more then 50 bucks alone to ship those posters outside of the USA. Include a "Certifacte of Authenticity" if you're gonna sell more then a dozen sigs from the '90's.
    demetrios wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

The 'Ed Ved' sigs , picture 3 & 5 on the top, look a little bit different.
    It's hard to trust one that is selling alot of signed goods in one order.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Purchasing-REAL ... 0000963704

"Groups such as the UACC (Univeral Autograph Collector's Club) and the FBI have estimated that as much as 80% of the autographs for sale online are not authentic."

To sell all these sigs, in one huge order, it's a little iffy. Sorry! Maybe sell them one by one sig. See what happens. But for all of us out there, not able to see all the items/pictures with these sigs, what about all those cds, what are they? How do we know it'll be included in the boxes? I don't think so. "Its usually abt $1 for every $100-need to double check." Are you kidding me? It's gonna cost more then 50 bucks alone to ship those posters outside of the USA. Include a "Certifacte of Authenticity" if you're gonna sell more then a dozen sigs from the '90's.

Great info, but if the signatures are authentic do you feel they are over priced? $50 shipping fee, plus $60 for insurance, and the rest is covered. Seems very fare.
    When Ed would sign things in the early days he would be very random- sometimes he flat signed items other times he would just screw around- it all depended on how he felt I guess. I've seen items where he just draws over his face or makes some random notes....in my opinion those are the rare pieces.... Can anyone vouch for that?
    tonifig8 wrote:
    When Ed would sign things in the early days he would be very random- sometimes he flat signed items other times he would just screw around- it all depended on how he felt I guess. I've seen items where he just draws over his face or makes some random notes....in my opinion those are the rare pieces.... Can anyone vouch for that?

Yup. Ed would often do some weird shit. He went through a very, very angry stretch where it wasn't even a signature anymore. Just printed ED Vedder, or just Ed, and as on one of the pieces in the eBay collection in question, just "EDWARD".

I prefer the older sigs he did, like the one on the index card in said collection. Pretty cool stuff.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    Wilds wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Yup. Ed would often do some weird shit. He went through a very, very angry stretch where it wasn't even a signature anymore. Just printed ED Vedder, or just Ed, and as on one of the pieces in the eBay collection in question, just "EDWARD".

I prefer the older sigs he did, like the one on the index card in said collection. Pretty cool stuff.

the good ol' days,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • am I the only one that only cares about something being autographed if I was the one that got it signed? that being said, this is WAY overpriced, signatures or not.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    am I the only one that only cares about something being autographed if I was the one that got it signed? that being said, this is WAY overpriced, signatures or not.

I'm with you on the sig receiving & I agree with you about this being WAY overpriced, signatures or not.
    demetrios wrote:
    am I the only one that only cares about something being autographed if I was the one that got it signed? that being said, this is WAY overpriced, signatures or not.

I'm with you on the sig receiving & I agree with you about this being WAY overpriced, signatures or not.

My only question is, in your opinion what is the value? You would be paying less then $55 a piece for every thing- what do you think is a fare price?

The signatures are significant because they represent the early years of the band- Those are no longer available to anyone today, unless of course something like these surface- but you rarely see them on line.
    For collectors like myself, these are kind of holy grails-
    I'm just curious in the over all value- could you guy's give a little more inside to that?
    thanks
  • Eh...autographs can only be special to the person who actually got it. UNLESS, you are one of the scumbags in the vans that rush out and get autographs just to sell. Personally, I don't think that I could ever sell anything that I personally got autographed.

With that said...

I TOTALLY WANT THE SPERM ALBUM.
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

My only question is, in your opinion what is the value? You would be paying less then $55 a piece for every thing- what do you think is a fare price?

The signatures are significant because they represent the early years of the band- Those are no longer available to anyone today, unless of course something like these surface- but you rarely see them on line.
    I'm just curious in the over all value- could you guy's give a little more inside to that?
    thanks

I have to admit that I'm up on my soapbox but I'm as dirty as the rest (if that isn't already a lyric, I think I just came up with a good one-consider it now trademarked! LOL). I would have no clue as to it's actual value. I'm terrible at that, and I'm certain I've been suckered a few times on eBay for something I just plain out wanted. All I can say is I wouldn't pay that much for it. But that's because, for me, I only collect items from shows I've been too. It's a sentimental thing for me. I'm not an avid collector.

Sorry dude. I guess I wasted your time by chiming in. :oops:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    dude, did I PM you about this a few weeks ago with a detailed breakdown on the value of that stuff?

If not I did it for someone and if you let me know I can send it you...

Those sigs check out for me too, I spent a bit of time recently checking them out and they are great examples of legit autos for me....

The sperm one is pure brilliance, but the overall value of this set is way overpriced. Maybe they would sell for more on their own, but as a set - nowhere near...who wants that many autos in one go?

To me its plain lazyness or dumb to sell this lot together.

Ask yourself if the seller really thought he could make $1000's more by selling them seperately, why on earth woruldnt he? thats a lot of change is that - personally I'd find the time if i really believed what i was saying
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    tonifig8 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

thanks

Sorry, but in my opinion, there are NO holy grails to be found in this over priced auction....As I said before, and its ONLY MY OPINION...The only thing of any interest to ME would be the movie photo and the record that ed drew on....Otherwise, i see nothing of real value...TO ME!! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Cool collection and if it was broken up I might try to grab a piece or two from you, but I unfortunately don't have the bones to swing the money it would take to get the whole set. Good luck, though!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • There is nothing that great in this auction. And if there is something that you really liuke you can always find it for cheaper sold either as a single piece on eBay or in a trade here. Total rip off. Definately not worth it....especially since Pearl Jam signatures are barely worth any actual monitary value to anyone who isn't obsessed with Pearl Jam.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • that guy/girl has already tried to sell 10 vinyl with the sperm on it on ebay... asking minimum something lake 1500$...

it seems a nice piece.... I'm not sure if it is overpriced or not, but I will not pay 1500 for something that was not signed to me....

overpriced or not... that's always a good question... I think some people just take advantage of fans like us, like the Benaroyal Vinyl Boxset some has on ebay, 500 bucks :S, I'd love to have it, but I think that's a guy just making business....
    -- rafa
  • that guy/girl has already tried to sell 10 vinyl with the sperm on it on ebay... asking minimum something lake 1500$...

it seems a nice piece.... I'm not sure if it is overpriced or not, but I will not pay 1500 for something that was not signed to me....

overpriced or not... that's always a good question... I think some people just take advantage of fans like us, like the Benaroyal Vinyl Boxset some has on ebay, 500 bucks :S, I'd love to have it, but I think that's a guy just making business....

1500.00 :o

Looks like I won't be adding it to my small collection either. I am with most of ya'll too. I have never bought an autrgraphed piece. I'd rather have something that had meaning to me. The sperm album is just cool and would look fun framed, though.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Id say worth about $2500
    16x $125=$2,000 -no way are PJ autographs worth $125 each
    "Most of these signatures alone would sell for at least $800 a piece"-an autographed Benny might sell for this much, if you are lucky
    CD's- 25 x $35= $875-used CDs worth $35??? dont think so
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Get_Right wrote:
    Id say worth about $2500
    "Most of these signatures alone would sell for at least $800 a piece"-an autographed Benny might sell for this much, if you are lucky

i find the notion that those old 90's unofficial silver pressed bootlegs are worth anything like $50 as originally quoted weeks ago....

really thats bollocks
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i find the notion that those old 90's unofficial silver pressed bootlegs are worth anything like $50 as originally quoted weeks ago....

really thats bollocks

lots of unique and cool items there no question, but I think the seller is confusing unique with valuable

used boots have little value these days, for obvious reasons
    Get_Right wrote:
    Id say worth about $2500

I'm just trying to get it right here - I see auto's sell for well over 200 (with modern sigs) example,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0490914210

CD's like the ones in the auction
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0488676882

And there are tons of examples-
    I don't think I have ever seen an Ed signature sell for anything less then $125 (an original)- no joke- and these are 90's signatures- Not worth 125? wow that is very confusing :?

Can someone who is a real collector please shed some light here...... :(
    that guy/girl has already tried to sell 10 vinyl with the sperm on it on ebay... asking minimum something lake 1500$...

The listing was priced for over $1,000 - however the auction had a "best offer option"- Therefore if you felt the record with the sperm cells on it was worth $150- then you make your offer and hope for the best.
    In regards, to the signed stuff- these types of items aren't regularly sold online. Most people who own such piece want to be buried with them.

The Benaroyal box set usually starts at $1 and then the bidding takes it to that high of a price- Yes some sellers start there listing high, because they know the value- but because people are willing to bid that high doesn't mean the guy is making business (not always the case)
    example
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0361886057