thankful for...

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    i'm REALLY thankful for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6xV0uAVpk

it's my "click play in case of emergency"

I just watched this, went right back to Alpine, and cried a little...

It's ok, unlost dogs
  • my awesome life!! (said in the most sarcastic tone possible!!)
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I love this thread. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I look at it just like Christmas, but much less commercial, and stressful (in my eyes). It's all about just being together with your loved ones, and realizing how beautiful life is, and how good we really have it. Some may have it better than others, but it's about being thankful for what you've got. Having enough is being rich.

I'm incredibly thankful for:
    My family and their health
    My parents still being in love.
    My friends.
    Having a place to live.
    Having a tough job that still pays the bills.
    Music - (thank you)
    That my brother and sister have found someone they love.
    Open-mindedness

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and happy holiday :D
    +1
  • Chiqui I'm sure this Thanksgiving will be difficult for you but just try and remember the happy times. I know they were few and far between the last few years, but give it a shot, I'm sure you'll find some happy moments to reflect on.
    Thanks, yeah it's been difficult. My mom's tombstone finally arrived this week so we'll probably go on Friday to see it in place. That's gonna feel strange, especially with my birthdate on it as her deathdate :(

But on a happier note, we're gonna make the best of the day....Thanksgiving is probalby my favorite holiday, not just for the food but the whole concept of it. Have to give thanks every day you're alive!

My best friends are inviting my dad and sis and I to their house tomorrow, we're bringing pie and sides and they're taking care of the rest. I'm truly blessed to have such beautiful people in my life that really do care :)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    You are beautiful B. I woke up today thinking about you and a couple of others who have had recent loses. I know how hard those *firsts* are with out those you love. Enjoy the moment. ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    May sound like a broken record here, but my answer is the same.

Waking up sober. Makes EVERY thing else possible.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • for Diet Coke..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    ,,,spending Thanksgiving with my Mom who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September......has a larger meaning for sure
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Sawyer wrote:
    ,,,spending Thanksgiving with my Mom who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September......has a larger meaning for sure
    I hope you all have a lovely and happy day.
  • My Wife,Family,health,my son (who is due pretty much any hour now) my job,house,my beagles,my Dodge charger... a bunch of other stuff too :D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,791
    Everything, but especially my kids. I cant even begin to express the amount of joy they have brought to my life.
  • PJaddicted wrote:
    You are beautiful B. I woke up today thinking about you and a couple of others who have had recent loses. I know how hard those *firsts* are with out those you love. Enjoy the moment. ox
    Thank you Carol, yeah it's feeling weird but I'm blessed to have the love of my family here and friends to get me through. Lots of love and hugs back to you, and to all who need it today!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,639
    Great post, chiquimonkey, thanks!

I'm grateful for my wife, family and friends, my PJ forum friends, my job, music and books, my guitar and the rain that we needed so much that is falling today.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• My family
    My friends...new and old
    My kitties (this is their favorite day of the year! can't wait to spoil them with leftovers later!)
    Pearl Jam - They've been my constant companion through this journey
    Being healthy
    2 wonderful jobs that have brought me into contact with so many amazingly strong people. I'm thankful to have heard from so many of them today :)
    My home
    Perspective
    Surviving
    The realization that the tough things in life are what have made me who I am
    My shoe collection :oops:
    The pecan cheesecake I will be eating later :lol:
    Ice cream and coconut cream pie (just thankful they exist) :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Thankful for my beautiful family Thankful for a great job & supporting cast! Thankful for being able to provide a meal for the entire family!
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i'm thankful for my family, my friends & an :angel:

also i'm really thankful for a most awesome gift i received today; my 13 month-old grandson said 'nana' for the 1st time....then gave me a big kiss (lil dude made my heart melt & i can't stop smiling) :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I love the idea of this thread. :thumbup:

I'm thankful for so many people and good things in my life!
    I'm grateful that I have such a good family. We all get along and enjoy being together.
    I'm grateful to have a job I enjoy and students I like to be with.
    I'm grateful that I have such a beautiful home and garden.
    I'm grateful that I have two really nice instruments to play on.
    I'm grateful that I am healthy.
    I'm grateful that I still have energy and curiosity for my days and nights.
    I'm grateful that I feel loved. :-)

161937_114757215262676_3475159_n.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am thankful for still be alive to love all the wonderful people in my life. Thank you, Universe, for letting me participate. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    the people that i respect and admire...the ones that i learn from are the ones that are shining lights...you know who you are.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    life! :D
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,639
    this forum and the fascinating and diverse group that you all are. For the moral support I've often received from so many of you as well the times when my thinking has been challenged here- even when I find that difficult or uncomfortable, because I'm better for it. Thanks all. One of my favorite little lines from the repo gang in the movie "Repo Man" sums it up:

You're alright!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    ...there are healthy kids and wife as well as healthy friends & their children joining us for Thanksgiving this year...
    ...keeping a strong will, positive attitude, hope and perseverance in this most troubling year and keeping the family intact despite hardships...
    ...food on the table, roof over our heads and music in our ears...
    ...the banter, friendships & acquaintances I have made here in this PJ fan community...the smiles, wisdom, insanity, ball-breaking and discussions have helped me grow and take my mind off of some pretty bad days...

I am grateful to be typing this and grateful this thread exists.

With arms outstretched I thank. With heart beating gratefully I love. With body in health I jump for joy. With spirit full I live. ~Terri Guillemets

Happy Gravy Eve all - I hope tomorrow is a great day for everyone and that no matter the circumstance, you can find a moment to be grateful and extend said thanks to those in your life that may need it.
    Remember, there are 86,400 seconds in each day. Use a few and express your gratitude.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I had a fantastic year both personally and professionally.

hope 2014 is the same.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    im thankfull for ofthegirl...the biggest inspiration of heart and resiliance ive ever seen.
  • Both my wife and I not being dead
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:
    im thankfull for ofthegirl...the biggest inspiration of heart and resiliance ive ever seen.

:D
    Awwww!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I'm thankful for my fellow angels, meeting them this year was fate! Don't know how I could have gotten through this year without them :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm thankful for my fellow angels, meeting them this year was fate! Don't know how I could have gotten through this year without them :D

Awww!!! I'm thankful for you ladies too!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Love you girlies!!
    I lost a bet...
  • Both my wife and I not being dead
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Awww!!! I'm thankful for you ladies too!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Love you girlies!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen: :wave: