Options

Rock Band video game

Comments

• Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    Well for starters I see what you are saying but let me just say a few things. That video I posted of that dude playing the drums is obviously a real drummer. It does NOT look like that when i play. He has some serious wrist action going on while i use my whole arm. I'm sure it didnt take him long at all to crush that song. The guitar is infinitely easier then playing a real guitar and can be picked up in no time for some great fun. The drums are also a lot easier than playing the drums because you dont actually know the song. It tells you what to hit and when so it helps keep the rythm. Sit me in front of a real drum kit and I would not know what to do. I would say these games do a great job of teaching rythm and will inspire a lot of people to pick up some real instruments and begin the grueling process of actually learning to play. Even if most don't it is exposing all these younger kids to some great music that they would not ordinarily take the time to discover.

i actually find the real drums easier then that game....i guess when you are used to all of your limbs moving and playing everything its tough to go to playing half the beat on medium or hard and hearing the whole thing
  • Options
    edpearson wrote:
    Dude, I think it's time to ditch the N64. They've put out a GameCube a long time ago to succeed the N64, and about a year ago, they released the Wii which succeeds the GameCube! You're a few generations back! If you're a loyal Nintendo fan, the Wii is a lot of fun, but I don't know if RockBand is on Wii (someone mentioned it isn't??), but the Wii does have Guitar Hero.

And no, you're N64 does not go online.
    i have a game cube... its fantastic... in my opinion nintendo gave up on game cube too soon... alot of potential there... its got my favorite controller of any system... and all they made was shit for kids... im hesitant to buy a wii for that reason... seems like nintendo is content at continuing down the same path... plus it still doesnt play DVDs?? waddup wit dat?? get with the times nintendo before you go the way of sega! which reminds me... do they have rockband for my genesis? :p (before anyone answers this seriously like my past ?'s followed with " :p " i already know the answer and am simply poking fun at my love for archaic technology)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Some guy started a list where you can vote on songs you want to see on Rock Band

http://thirdproject.net/index.php

Vote away! You an always add more songs that you'd like to see.
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i have a game cube... its fantastic... in my opinion nintendo gave up on game cube too soon... alot of potential there... its got my favorite controller of any system... and all they made was shit for kids... im hesitant to buy a wii for that reason... seems like nintendo is content at continuing down the same path... plus it still doesnt play DVDs?? waddup wit dat?? get with the times nintendo before you go the way of sega! which reminds me... do they have rockband for my genesis? :p (before anyone answers this seriously like my past ?'s followed with " :p " i already know the answer and am simply poking fun at my love for archaic technology)

I miss my Sega Genesis. That's when EA Hockey was king! Regarding your GameCube, supposedly the Wii is the exact same system as the GameCube with the obvious exception that the Wii is way more interactive w/ it's controllers. So you can play any of your old GameCube games on the Wii. They have an online marketplace (similar to XBox Live's) where you can even download all the old school NES games (ie, SNK Baseball Stars, Blades of Steel, Tecmo Bowl!!!!). I believe you can even purchase the old style controls pads for the Wii, too. The Wii is very cool!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    edpearson wrote:
    Hey, where did somebody hear of the "Nevermind" download? I didn't find anything on RockBand's website regarding new upcoming tracks except for stuff that's already been released for download.

The "Nevermind" news was everywhere before Rock Band was launched. The link below has an interview with the game's senior designer who references it (see page 2).

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/2088/Rock-Band-Dan-Teasdale-Interview/p1/
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    This topic needs a bump.
    You all need to buy this game!
    We need to use the power of the community to get PJ songs IN THE GAME!

Rock on!
  • Options
    Derrick wrote:
    This topic needs a bump.
    You all need to buy this game!
    We need to use the power of the community to get PJ songs IN THE GAME!

Rock on!

Agreed. I heard they added Rush "limelight" this week. Keep it coming!
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    sgossard3 wrote:

love the cube! i am playing RE4 and Zelda (Twilight) right now and loving them both. There are plenty of adult type gamesworth picking up for cheap now at Gamestop. If you don't have RE4, you need to get a hold of that bro!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    NC_Irie wrote:
    love the cube! i am playing RE4 and Zelda (Twilight) right now and loving them both. There are plenty of adult type gamesworth picking up for cheap now at Gamestop. If you don't have RE4, you need to get a hold of that bro!
    RE4? sorry but whats that stand for? and twilight princess for da cube was kickass! i think i might start playing that again since its been while... ill be forced to buy a wii if they release a new zelda exclusively for that... those have always been my favorite games... ocarina of time is still number 1 (maybe tied with goldeneye)

sorry for living in the past again!

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    RE4? sorry but whats that stand for? and twilight princess for da cube was kickass! i think i might start playing that again since its been while... ill be forced to buy a wii if they release a new zelda exclusively for that... those have always been my favorite games... ocarina of time is still number 1 (maybe tied with goldeneye)

Resident Evil 4. It really is good. Very scary. turn out the lights and jack up the soround sound.
  • Options
    Resident Evil 4. It really is good. Very scary. turn out the lights and jack up the soround sound.
    oooo shit i cant play those games... zombies are quite literally my biggest fear... i had some reoccurring nightmares as a child... plus those games are kindof confusing and hard on my eyes... beautiful graphics tho and they achieve the scary goal... i lied when i said i wanted something more adult for GC... thats too adult!

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    sgossard3 wrote:
    online? these things go online now?? does my N64 have that capability? :p
    dude, we just dusted off our N64 for a bit of multi-player perfect dark the other night.... handsdown one of the GREATEST multi players EVER!! after so many years the game play has aged beautifully
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    dude, we just dusted off our N64 for a bit of multi-player perfect dark the other night.... handsdown one of the GREATEST multi players EVER!! after so many years the game play has aged beautifully
    yah as long as bitches dont get lame with the farsight :D

• Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    sgossard3 wrote:
    yah as long as bitches dont get lame with the farsight :D
    Goldeneye > Perfect Dark
  • Options
    carbon436 wrote:
    Goldeneye > Perfect Dark
    goes without saying... perfect dark was great tho too... the mission mode had a really cool plot and the variety of weapons made for some great multiplayer stuff... they need an updated version of goldeneye for the wii... that might force me to buy one

• Options
    jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    sgossard3 wrote:
    goes without saying... perfect dark was great tho too... the mission mode had a really cool plot and the variety of weapons made for some great multiplayer stuff... they need an updated version of goldeneye for the wii... that might force me to buy one

Not a great chance of that happening as Microsoft now owns Rare....

Also, in the Rock Band clothes shop, the Flannel Ledbetter top description says something to the effect of not knowing whether it is the boxer or the bag....good stuff.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • Options
    drunkcow wrote:
    I know some asshole always has to come in and comment about something logical and take away all the fun...

So why not play a real guitar or drum set? Why not invest time in something real that has far more potential? Playing the game at parties is one thing but anyone who can play guitar hero or rock band on expert that doesn't play a real instrument needs to better themselves by dropping the game and putting forth effort in a real instrument.

Dude, fantasy is way better than reality. Besides, all these video game dorks would be unleashed un us to fuck with us. Better to keep these freaks in their hovels.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    jcfranz wrote:
    Not a great chance of that happening as Microsoft now owns Rare....

Also, in the Rock Band clothes shop, the Flannel Ledbetter top description says something to the effect of not knowing whether it is the boxer or the bag....good stuff.
    oh yah... thats right... i bought my gamecube for zelda, metroid, and a rumored perfect dark sequel and was pissed when nintendo sold the rights... oh well... i havent heard whether perfect dark for 360 was good or not but i assume since i havent heard anything about it its not...

and thats pretty sweet that you get to choose what you wear n stuff in rockband... what kindof guitars can you choose from? i hope they have more than just gibson gear like GH

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    anybody with xbox live add me as a friend, my tag is vedderholic
  • Options
    I was thinking the other day what album I would like to see be made available for download for Rockband, and I say give us the entire 2003 State College Bootleg. You could play along with one of the all-time great PJ concerts, and you would get almost every hard-rockin PJ song there is. They could also use the real audience track which would make it that much cooler.
  • Options
    I was thinking the other day what album I would like to see be made available for download for Rockband, and I say give us the entire 2003 State College Bootleg. You could play along with one of the all-time great PJ concerts, and you would get almost every hard-rockin PJ song there is. They could also use the real audience track which would make it that much cooler.

Yeah but what would they put on the screen for the lyrics to Satan's Bed? Ed messed that mofo up .... BAD!
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

Didnt they make a Zelda for Wii? or was it just a remake from gamecube?

I agree with Perfect Dark being awesome. The multiplayer for Dark is better than goldeneye since you have simulants and other game categories such as King of the Hill

Goldeneye is far superior in single player
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    Didnt they make a Zelda for Wii? or was it just a remake from gamecube?

I agree with Perfect Dark being awesome. The multiplayer for Dark is better than goldeneye since you have simulants and other game categories such as King of the Hill

Goldeneye is far superior in single player
    yah twilight princess was for wii but they also had it for the cube... thank god because it was basically the reason i bought GC...

and i think perfect dark was probably a big contributor to how halos multiplayer was layed out... and we all know how popular that freakin game is

• Options
    Yeah but what would they put on the screen for the lyrics to Satan's Bed? Ed messed that mofo up .... BAD!

True...considering that was the first time they played Satan's Bed in a million year. Yeah, they could leave that one off, but you would get a cool cover of Fortunate Son.
  • Options
    i'm sure the PJ stuff that they did with Sony will be popping up all over the place really soon
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    hey, i haven't got RockBand yet, have GH3 and it's really good. Was just wondering if you would recommend rock band for single player. None of my friends are really into video games and i can't think of anybody that i could play with on a regular basis.
    thanks
    chris
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Options
    leafs4ever wrote:
    hey, i haven't got RockBand yet, have GH3 and it's really good. Was just wondering if you would recommend rock band for single player. None of my friends are really into video games and i can't think of anybody that i could play with on a regular basis.
    thanks
    chris
    I'd recommend Rock Band for the fact that you can alternate between guitar, drums, and vocals on single player. If you get the chance to play with some friends it's even cooler.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    I'd recommend Rock Band for the fact that you can alternate between guitar, drums, and vocals on single player. If you get the chance to play with some friends it's even cooler.

You can also find players online and form a band. I haven't done this yet as we gave too many family and friends to play with but this has to be cool. I've written about this game a lot on RM so I don't want to be redundant, but I think it could herald an important social/cultural change. It will absolutely change how everyday people "listen" to music.

Another person mentioned PJ Live State College.

I would LOVE live Pearl Jam for this game . That would just be so fucking cool. I don't think it should be one concert for the reasons mentioned in other posts but a band member could choose what they thought were the most interesting performances part wise on various live cuts, and see what RB develops. Also, since this is a game and because it's music, tightening up a couple notes here and there is completely acceptable. At least in my opinion it is. People are listening to instrumental parts. Even though these are live and therefore stray (wonderfully) from the studio recordings, they need to be "right" within the song's boundaries. IMO

Don't they own their live recordings 100%? I don't know the details of the Sony stuff. For all I know Sony wouldn't get a dime out of the masters being used in RB. But if they did, PJ could go for the live stuff and a lot of people who aren't familiar with how brilliant they are live, would be fucking........... well. BLOWN AWAY.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Just bought Rock Band for Playstation 2. The Guitar Hero 3 guitar is compatible with the Playstation 2 Rock Band.

Highly recommend checking it out. It's fun.
  • Options
    Best Game Ever