dottles wrote:
    Hurrah!
    Flight from Belfast City to Heathrow booked :mrgreen:

Great! what time?
  • London hotel booked :D
    http://www.ascothydeparkhotel.co.uk/
    33 pounds per night ..
    already 5 of us are there..... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 71step28 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Hurrah!
    Flight from Belfast City to Heathrow booked :mrgreen:

Great! what time?
    +1 time-flight??
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    edited December 2009
    13.05 from Belfast, there is a cheaper one later in the day but I thought I'd rather not hit Heathrow/Paddington train station at rush hour plus we have to check out of the hotel by 12 anyway.
    It's with BMI, it worked out cheaper than some of the other airlines when you added in all the things like credit card charges, baggage etc that they charged for. It was £45 including all taxes and charges.

Outbound: Belfast City (BHD) to London Heathrow (LHR)

Thursday, 24 June 2010
    Depart Arrive Duration Flight Carrier
    13:05 BHD 14:25 LHR 01:20h BD87 BD TOWBMI

Decisions I still need to make are whether to go to Dublin on the Sunday (easier to get a friend or a member of my family to drop me to the airport as they will all be working on Monday), where to stay in London, flights or travel between Berlin and Arras... and I'm still thinking about Nijmegen!!
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hmm im just thinking if i should go home after the london show so i can drop off some stuff and re pack or otherwise i have to take my big tour back which i dont want too ugh...

has anyone got any recommendations for a good tour bag type thing as mine is kinda crappy and i've only got a rucksack next down to size?
    London hotel booked :D
    33 pounds per night ..

Cool I'll have a look at that one, my Dad mentioned The Rhodes Hotel which is really near both Paddington and Hyde Park. He's stayed there before for the rugby and had a good time...it's run by a Greek family!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    13.05 from Belfast, there is a cheaper one later in the day but I thought I'd rather not hit Heathrow/Paddington train station at rush hour plus we have to check out of the hotel by 12 anyway.
    It's with BMI, it worked out cheaper than some of the other airlines when you added in all the things like credit card charges, baggage etc that they charged for.

Decisions I still need to make are whether to go to Dublin on the Sunday (easier to get a friend or a member of my family to drop me to the airport as they will all be working on Monday), where to stay in London, flights or travel between Berlin and Arras... and I'm still thinking about Nijmegen!!
    bmi my self but later at 17:35 flight...and go to the hotel.and then out in london,for drinks with tour-mates :D
    and 26th to holland..
    Brisk. wrote:
    hmm im just thinking if i should go home after the london show so i can drop off some stuff and re pack or otherwise i have to take my big tour back which i dont want too ugh...

has anyone got any recommendations for a good tour bag type thing as mine is kinda crappy and i've only got a rucksack next down to size?

I've been pondering luggage as well. Especially as there are loads of sales on at the minute.
    i can't go home at any point between the shows really as Cornwall is just too far away. I've got a hard case but it's seen a few miles and is not the easiest thing to maneuver, but it is serviceable and robust. I was thinking of getting a Jansport type bag, on wheels but a big duffle or something...never had to think about things like this before really.
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I've been pondering luggage as well. Especially as there are loads of sales on at the minute.
    i can't go home at any point between the shows really as Cornwall is just too far away. I've got a hard case but it's seen a few miles and is not the easiest thing to maneuver, but it is serviceable and robust. I was thinking of getting a Jansport type bag, on wheels but a big duffle or something...never had to think about things like this before really.

yeah im not to going to get front row for any of the festivals so i dont need to worry about having it at the front... but for the normal shows im going to try but atm the way i've done it i can leave my bag at my hostel (thanks for the beauty of the number system which will help in belfast), actually for nijmegen i may not have to carry it around... i presume there will be cloak rooms at festivals anyhow.

How many shows are you doing?
  • dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

i ll try to find a big backbag with trolley,couse 20 days tour need a big one..
    At the minute, Belfast - Dublin - London - Berlin - Arras
    ...but I may add Nijmegen and if and when we hear anything July 6th, as I don't have to be back in work until 12th July.

So, my bag will not be going near a show as I am in hotels for the night before and the night of the gig, checking out the day after...
    bmi my self but later at 17:35 flight...and go to the hotel.and then out in london,for drinks with tour-mates :D
    and 26th to holland..

I nearly booked that flight! :lol: drinks sound good..may I join you?
  • dottles wrote:

, my Dad mentioned The Rhodes Hotel which is really near both Paddington and Hyde Park. He's stayed there before for the rugby and had a good time...it's run by a Greek family!!
    Rhodes is the second biggest island in Greece,i suppose is Greeks they have it ,+my sister and my nephew live there..but i meet and see Greeks every day.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • dottles wrote:
    and 26th to holland..

I nearly booked that flight! :lol: drinks sound good..may I join you?
    all in ,all good :D
  • so,after we are ready to rock the shit of London :D i just wanna wish u all HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
    see u here next year!!!!! :D
    and 2010 dont forget!!!!!!!is a FUCKIN TOUR YEAR!!!!!
    HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    I am sooooo %($§$& excited :D
    I just need to book my flight back from London to Hamburg and do a reservation for that Berlin Hostel, all other trips/stays are done :D sooo happy about it!
    Never ever freaked out like this because of a "vacation" before, never ever did it about anything :think: haha!! :lol:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    2010 is going to be a great tour year :D Im going to 5 dates (Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin and Arras) I wish I could see them all but still Im so excited for it. 2 weeks of Pearl Jam :D:D:D
    edited December 2009
    71step28 wrote:
    I just need to book my flight back from London to Hamburg and do a reservation for that Berlin Hostel, all other trips/stays are done :D sooo happy about it!
    Never ever freaked out like this because of a "vacation" before, never ever did it about anything :think: haha!! :lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    me either...it's a brave new world!

p.s. where are you staying in Berlin? I've heard a few people mention hostels in the centre and a hotel right across from the venue?
    Post edited by dottles on
    philthehip wrote:
    2010 is going to be a great tour year :D Im going to 5 dates (Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin and Arras) I wish I could see them all but still Im so excited for it. 2 weeks of Pearl Jam :D:D:D

looks like I am following you :lol:
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    so,after we are ready to rock the shit of London :D i just wanna wish u all HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
    see u here next year!!!!! :D
    and 2010 dont forget!!!!!!!is a FUCKIN TOUR YEAR!!!!!
    HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the new year bring you much love, life and laughter....oh and Pearl Jam!
    The downside of course is you get to meet me :lol:
    Hurrah!!!
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

looks like I am following you :lol:

I knew I had a stalker :lol:
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    dottles wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    me either...it's a brave new world!

p.s. where are you staying in Berlin? I've heard a few people mention hostels in the centre and a hotel right across from the venue?

don't know for sure yet, but one of the Hostels in the center. The venue is way too far off from anything ;) And i'll be in Berlin from 29th to 1. of Juli (maybe even 2. July) so i want a better located place to stay, close to whatever :)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    London hotel booked :D
    33 pounds per night ..

Hi D, looks like we're in the same hotel for Dublin and now London too :lol: Didn't you say something about it being your birthday that week too? Maybe since you'll be travelling with plenty ouzo I should bring some of this along for you to try. http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/whisky// They make it just up the road from me and it's legendary :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    shows 1-5 sorted!!

now i gotta see when jobs start as the only thing i havent booked is a flight home yet as i dont know how many dates im doing ha!
    Brisk. wrote:
    shows 1-5 sorted!!

now i gotta see when jobs start as the only thing i havent booked is a flight home yet as i dont know how many dates im doing ha!

I'm only doing the first 3 :cry: Before the year ends please tell me the meaning of Brisk??

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    veddertown wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    shows 1-5 sorted!!

I'm only doing the first 3 :cry: Before the year ends please tell me the meaning of Brisk??

my name is Ed Briscoe.. so people at school called me Briscoe or Brisc/Brisk so i thought of the alias 'Brisk' when i first started playing xbox live years ago.. and now i use it on pretty much every torrent site, forum or anything that requires a username ;p
    Cheers!! :thumbup:

2010 !!!!