Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I don't know, it would just be nice if they did something over here next year, we can live in hope.
  • Options
    I Really hope it's not Glastonbury

I reckon if they are gonna do a festival they could headline Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park. It's a cool festival and really chilled. Saw Springsteen and DMB there in June it was great.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I will cry if they play Glastonbury.

But I can't imagine them announcing a show that's already sold out. Have they done that with festivals before?

Anyway, I think the plan for Glasto's 40th was to book people who've played at it over the past 40 years.

Now, Electric Picnic, on the other hand... I'd be all for that.

what like U2??

I son hope you are right though, Glasto is the wrong place for Pj and totally the wrong crowd.

The majority of the glasto goers would be more interested in seeing Keane, Franz Ferdinand, and fucking babyshambles than they would PJ

I assumed U2 had palyed Glasto before, but it seems not. I disagree with the "wrong crowd statement" There's 80,000 people at Glastonbury and they're far from a homogenous group of people. You don't think a good number of the tens of thousands who turned out for Neil Young, Bruce and NIck Cave last year wouldn't have passing interest in seeing Pearl Jam? Come on! Pearl Jam at Glastonbury would be amazing. But it's sold out, so I hope they don't do it.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    This is THE ONE
    I can feel it!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I will cry if they play Glastonbury.

But I can't imagine them announcing a show that's already sold out. Have they done that with festivals before?

Anyway, I think the plan for Glasto's 40th was to book people who've played at it over the past 40 years.

Now, Electric Picnic, on the other hand... I'd be all for that.

what like U2??

I son hope you are right though, Glasto is the wrong place for Pj and totally the wrong crowd.

The majority of the glasto goers would be more interested in seeing Keane, Franz Ferdinand, and fucking babyshambles than they would PJ

I assumed U2 had palyed Glasto before, but it seems not. I disagree with the "wrong crowd statement" There's 80,000 people at Glastonbury and they're far from a homogenous group of people. You don't think a good number of the tens of thousands who turned out for Neil Young, Bruce and NIck Cave last year wouldn't have passing interest in seeing Pearl Jam? Come on! Pearl Jam at Glastonbury would be amazing. But it's sold out, so I hope they don't do it.

really i think they would have a passing interest but is that really the crowd Pj are looking for.

I would even refer back to leeds 06 - huge crowd, but easily the less enthusiastic crowd of that weekend. The numbers were there but it was definitely not a PJ crowd. Many folk there just were not into them but watched it anyway. A problem with many a festival I guess, especially when tickets are bought not knowing who will perform.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,167
    einatshaul wrote:
    This is THE ONE
    I can feel it!
    i hope this happen,,ill support this..with me in the show!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    any other young european fans except myself n m ;)
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

define Young.......
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

define Young.......

dam i hope no one would ask, guess i dont want to offend anyone :P :P :P ;)
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

define Young.......

dam i hope no one would ask, guess i dont want to offend anyone :P :P :P ;)

:lol: I'm afraid i might turn into one of those old guys trying to be cool and young still....you know very Ricky gervais in the office.

last year when i was 29 - at least I could do the Rickyesque '20's' reply to anyone asking my age
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I would even refer back to leeds 06 - huge crowd, but easily the less enthusiastic crowd of that weekend. The numbers were there but it was definitely not a PJ crowd. Many folk there just were not into them but watched it anyway. A problem with many a festival I guess, especially when tickets are bought not knowing who will perform.
    we will ask them in a polite way to move back when pj are on stage :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

last year when i was 29 - at least I could do the Rickyesque '20's' reply to anyone asking my age
    what u old -granny people want in the shows??? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    pdalowsky wrote:

:lol: I'm afraid i might turn into one of those old guys trying to be cool and young still....you know very Ricky gervais in the office.

Well touring with people who arn't at least 5/10 years older than me would be even more of a blast :P
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    don't care where they are but as long as there are a few shows in the uk and ireland i will be happy.... cos i know i won't be able to afford to go abroad/the mrs would kill me if i did.

The UK shows are great, but it's pretty amazing going abroad to see them and how the other European crowds are, Lisbon was amazing in 2006 would love to go back there.
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Options
    I had entered a contest similar to this... and won!!!
    I dont remember the exact prize, but something like Dimitris hooking me up with airfare, lodging, transportation, and rail to any/all Euro dates!!!

I am the luckiest girl ever! I look forward to our travels D.!!!
    :D:D:D

Quality...
    European shows but only Americans can enter :twisted:
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pl07jam wrote:
    I dont remember the exact prize, but something like Dimitris hooking me up with airfare, lodging, transportation, and rail to any/all Euro dates!!!

Quality...
    European shows but only Americans can enter :twisted:

It works both ways. I entered (but didn't win :() a competition from play.com to go to the first Seattle show and a competition from Island Records to go to the Sydney show. Both were only open to people from the UK.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Well touring with people who arn't at least 5/10 years older than me would be even more of a blast :P
    :lol: yeah,,i know,,i could be your father!!! 8-)
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

you bastard :lol::lol:
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    I'd love to go to Istanbul for a pearl jam show!

+1 :D
  • Options
    I'm assuming it would be around June/July they'll be over here...
    that way we'll have plenty time to save, i was going to a stagger in Las Vegas in September for a week, guess thats not happening for me now!!
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Brisk. wrote:

well im 18
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

well im 18

Cool

Well looking for peeps to do the euro leg.
  • Options
    alfro_jalfro_j Posts: 145
    satansbed wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

well im 18
    I'm 20, glad to see there are even younger PJ fans out there :D
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    satansbed wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

well im 18

Im 28 but you can include me in party plans for the young :D
  • Options
    philthehip wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

well im 18

i doubt it, your over the hill :lol: (like me) !!!!
  • Options
    well im 18[/quote]

Im 28 but you can include me in party plans for the young :D[/quote]

i doubt it, your over the hill :lol: (like me) !!!![/quote]

Yer but Satan can back me I hope, he knows I can take the pace with kids. If I can drive the SBE gig and back again (700 miles) doing all in one day plus the gig (standing for what I think was 6 hours in all) I reckon I can keep up. Infact I may just leave them all behind :oops:
  • Options
    philthehip wrote:
    well im 18

Im 28 but you can include me in party plans for the young :D[/quote]

Yer but Satan can back me I hope, he knows I can take the pace with kids. If I can drive the SBE gig and back again (700 miles) doing all in one day plus the gig (standing for what I think was 6 hours in all) I reckon I can keep up. Infact I may just leave them all behind :oops:[/quote]

I did that too, and hung around till 3am to meet the guys, then drove home to yorkshire and went to work the next day, then went to Berlin, flew back drove to manchester stood around all day, then did the london trip the next day getting to work the weds morning. I'd love to see these kiddies do that ;)
  • Options

yep.just got the confirmation mail that u are the winner..its all on me..lucky girl indeed..u know of course..how HARD u gonna work for pay me back on this..... ;)

Well, let me know when filming starts up again... That way I can pay you!!! ;)

oh, and the contest also said I can bring 15 of my closest friends... That won't be a problem, right Dimitris??? :D
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Is it wrong that I am still excited by this news?
    This morning we were told at work we are going through another round of restructuring which could result in job losses and yet this lunch time the first thing I did was log on here to see if there was any more news on the tour!!
    (and my work mates think I am utterly mad)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    well im 18

Yer but Satan can back me I hope, he knows I can take the pace with kids. If I can drive the SBE gig and back again (700 miles) doing all in one day plus the gig (standing for what I think was 6 hours in all) I reckon I can keep up. Infact I may just leave them all behind :oops:[/quote]

I did that too, and hung around till 3am to meet the guys, then drove home to yorkshire and went to work the next day, then went to Berlin, flew back drove to manchester stood around all day, then did the london trip the next day getting to work the weds morning. I'd love to see these kiddies do that ;)[/quote]

Exactly, we can still cut it with them young guns!!!