New Klausen New Zealand Print!!

5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
edited November 2009 in The Porch
http://www.gigposters.com/poster/122552_Pearl_Jam.html

Above is the link for this print. I think this might trump SLC?
This too shall pass.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    I am getting tired of the bird theme in his posters
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    No question the guy is a talent for sure. Not one of my favs though.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    No question the guy is a talent for sure. Not one of my favs though.

+1
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Reminds me like his QOTSA '05 print style.
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    The font here is amazing, but overall it looks to be among his weaker pieces IMO.
    I will swallow poison
  • Niko80 wrote:
    The font here is amazing, but overall it looks to be among his weaker pieces IMO.

This is whats great about art, I think this is one of his best
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    i like it, but it doesnt blow me away like most of his prints do....

its just really simple....

still great job Brad
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I love it because of its Maori influence. Very cool poster plus an inclusion of very important cultural heritage makes this one special.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    This is whats great about art, I think this is one of his best
    I agree. Frickin' awesome poster.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Washed wrote:
    I love it because of its Maori influence. Very cool poster plus an inclusion of very important cultural heritage makes this one special.

you see I had no idea about that, I'm quite unaware of these cultural references, but that does indeed make the print that little bit more special
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    that's a frickin' cool poster man. JEALOUSY :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Love it.
    just noticed his use of the maori flag too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tino_rangatiratanga
    doompony wrote:
    just noticed his use of the maori flag too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tino_rangatiratanga

Good catch. Didn't even notice that! Klausen killed on this poster! Must have it!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I'm assuming it's a kakapo depicted in that poster? Looks like one to me, I think. It's a pretty big deal, conservation-wise, so that's nice.

I also like the location: Ōtautahi, Aotearoa, and correct spelling too, right? Not sure about the date. How do you say November in te reo Māori?

Plus the use of koru etc. It looks awesome. I'll be trying to grab one at the show for sure, but if I miss out I hope most people don't really like it so that when Brad sells it on his site I'll be able to grab one easier! :)

P.S. Probably the best thing about it is that Brad took the time to do some research and get things right. It has quite an authentic (but modern) look to it, I reckon.
  • I love it :D Too bad I'm not going to a show there. I'd love to have one.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Thanks for the preview pics and for all wikipedia information, I love the print and now I can appreciate even more.

BK rules!!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • I don't give a fuck what anyone says...that shit is sweet!!!
  • pure aesthetics - that is uttery gorgeous.
    also, reading more of the thread and getting the cultural significance, makes it even more beautiful.
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Definitely one of my least favourite BK prints, but the artwork is still top notch.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    That is a sweet poster. Definitely one of the better ones of this tour...

No Toronto though... :)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    shep wrote:
    No Toronto though... :)

Toronto poster is sweet! 8-)
  • I love Brad's work and this is another winner, but apparently his printer only has red and black ink... :?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • I don't give a fuck what anyone says...that shit is sweet!!!

I would have to agree
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I love Brad's work and this is another winner, but apparently his printer only has red and black ink... :?
    The colours are based on the Māori flag in this one though...
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    looks like a good pearl jam tatoo
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    looks like a good pearl jam tatoo

Ooooh...that would make a freakin sweet tat!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm assuming it's a kakapo depicted in that poster? Looks like one to me, I think. It's a pretty big deal, conservation-wise, so that's nice.

I also like the location: Ōtautahi, Aotearoa, and correct spelling too, right? Not sure about the date. How do you say November in te reo Māori?

Plus the use of koru etc. It looks awesome. I'll be trying to grab one at the show for sure, but if I miss out I hope most people don't really like it so that when Brad sells it on his site I'll be able to grab one easier! :)

P.S. Probably the best thing about it is that Brad took the time to do some research and get things right. It has quite an authentic (but modern) look to it, I reckon.

Sorry I don't think it looks like a kakapo at all, more hawk/eagle looking... though the flag and koru design are awesome. Is there one for Auckland?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    i think it looks like a kea a little bit...
  • 5against1- wrote:
    http://www.gigposters.com/poster/122552_Pearl_Jam.html

Above is the link for this print. I think this might trump SLC?

i think its pretty fackin awesome...reminds me a lot of his 04 style vfc posters
    not as detailed as toronto or slc imo but its def a sweet image and font...nice one bk!
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011