doompony wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Is there one for Auckland?

not a klausen :(

bugger :(
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Sorry I don't think it looks like a kakapo at all, more hawk/eagle looking... though the flag and koru design are awesome. Is there one for Auckland?
    You reckon? The colouring (although it's not green) at the top of the head and the beak do it for me. Plus it sort of has the (stylistic) whiskers.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    bazzer wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Sorry I don't think it looks like a kakapo at all, more hawk/eagle looking... though the flag and koru design are awesome. Is there one for Auckland?
    You reckon? The colouring (although it's not green) at the top of the head and the beak do it for me. Plus it sort of has the (stylistic) whiskers.

Sorry don't see it. Kakapo are cute fat birds with really round faces. I would tend to agree with doompony and say it looks more like a kea.
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Sorry don't see it. Kakapo are cute fat birds with really round faces. I would tend to agree with doompony and say it looks more like a kea.
    Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. I just thought it looked a bit like this.
    bazzer wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. I just thought it looked a bit like this.
    OK, well apparently it's a kāhu. I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong! :lol:
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    bazzer wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    OK, well apparently it's a kāhu. I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong! :lol:

i'm changing my vote!! looks more like a kāhu than a kea...

but when all is said and done, if i could have a pet native bird it'd be a kakapo. SO FREAKIN CUTE.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    complete and utter poster domination by the master - Bk.
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    My initial guess was a NZ falcon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karearea

Nice poster, can't wait to get my hands on it on Sunday :D
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    since chch get a fancy klausen, i hope whoever does ours gives us a fluffy kiwi! but a fluffy kiwi being badass.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    doompony wrote:
    since chch get a fancy klausen, i hope whoever does ours gives us a fluffy kiwi! but a fluffy kiwi being badass.

I hope the Auckland poster is a pic of doompony with the sticky note stuck to her nose. I'd buy that!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    raar wrote:
    My initial guess was a NZ falcon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karearea

Nice poster, can't wait to get my hands on it on Sunday :D

YES!!! thats what I meant (hawk / eagle looking!)
  • it's a real beauty. love the design/colors.

and my opinion on art is always right and ya'll can't tell me otherwise...an um if u even try to tell me that my favourite arts sucks, i'll call u an asshat, especially if u use the word hate.

so there.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    As a Kiwi I must say... it's friggen wicked. Love how they've incorporated the Koru & Maori flag, Aotearoa is a nice touch too. Bravo.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones