Ed looks WAY older since SVT...

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I watched SVT and noticed you much younger ED looked compaired to now. OMG huge difference for the amount of time that elasped.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 619
    "Single Video Theory" was shot in 1997... that's 12 years! I look a lot older than I did 12 years ago too.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 400
    the beard makes him look so old

eddie, get rid of it
    Some die just to live
  • wnh1977 wrote:
    "Single Video Theory" was shot in 1997... that's 12 years! I look a lot older than I did 12 years ago too.

exactly.

he still is dead fuckin' sexy....even looking 12 years older.
    tho sure, love him at all ages...;)

(and i do prefer him beardless, but that's simply personal preference)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• bumperdebumperde Posts: 104
    because he is a lot older! 12 years
    "take my hand, not my picture"
  • StacyStacy Posts: 128
    Yea he may look a lil older but time did him well... He's a good looking man! Personally I love the beard too! Keep it Ed!!!
    STACY *6Burgh* Go Steelers!!
  • also, let's be real here.
    the man is going to be 45 december 23rd. 45. look around you at 'average' people in their mid-40s. sure, there are some winners...but realistically, most do look middle aged. ed is like fine wine. he is awesome.

and hello, stone definitely looks older too, and yet....sweet bejeebus, he is looking mighty fine as of late! whoa! they all look older, and yet...they all look awesome. more importantly, they still clearly love making music, and make great music. all is well. yummmmmmyyyyyyy.....;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• also, let's be real here.
    the man is going to be 45 december 23rd. 45. look around you at 'average' people in their mid-40s. sure, there are some winners...but realistically, most do look middle aged. ed is like fine wine. he is awesome.

and hello, stone definitely looks older too, and yet....sweet bejeebus, he is looking mighty fine as of late! whoa! they all look older, and yet...they all look awesome. more importantly, they still clearly love making music, and make great music. all is well. yummmmmmyyyyyyy.....;)

ive always thought ed was a good looking young gent
    but stone, well, nothing personal stone, but you never really set me on fire....
    UNTIL
    perth
    walked out on stage
    hairs a bit shaggy
    hes got a bit of mysterio going on in his eyes
    hes looking real good right about now ;)
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • missisles wrote:
    also, let's be real here.

but stone, well, nothing personal stone, but you never really set me on fire....
    UNTIL
    perth
    walked out on stage
    hairs a bit shaggy

right?
    my husband has always said that stone looks like an accountant. :P
    now, i did think stone looked damn fuckin' sexy in the oceans video....ooohhhhh myyyy. ;) but yea, overall....no fires here either. but mmmmmmmm, YES...in philly.....up close........well stone, idk if you are eating your wheaties or what, but keep doin' whatever it is you're doin'.

to me, all the boys look GREAT. however, i am also 41 ow (just!) and while i like to think i am aging well, i do also realize...yea...i'm aging. we all are. and i think they all just look fantastic. no, they don't look 20 anymore. not evern 30. they look like they are in their 40s, but they look FANTASTIC in their 40s. nothing wrong with 'looking your age'...as long as you are rockin' your age for all you've got. i'm sick of people trying to 'hold on' too tight to an age they have long since passed. enjoy NOW. makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• missisles wrote:
    also, let's be real here.

UNTIL
    perth
    walked out on stage
    hairs a bit shaggy

right?
    my husband has always said that stone looks like an accountant. :P
    now, i did think stone looked damn fuckin' sexy in the oceans video....ooohhhhh myyyy. ;) but yea, overall....no fires here either. but mmmmmmmm, YES...in philly.....up close........well stone, idk if you are eating your wheaties or what, but keep doin' whatever it is you're doin'.

to me, all the boys look GREAT. however, i am also 41 ow (just!) and while i like to think i am aging well, i do also realize...yea...i'm aging. we all are. and i think they all just look fantastic. no, they don't look 20 anymore. not evern 30. they look like they are in their 40s, but they look FANTASTIC in their 40s. nothing wrong with 'looking your age'...as long as you are rockin' your age for all you've got. i'm sick of people trying to 'hold on' too tight to an age they have long since passed. enjoy NOW. makes much more sense to live in the present tense. 8-)

i would defs agree with the accountant thing
    hehhe
    im 29 now
    and if in 2 years i can still look half as decent as they do beating me with 15 years+ then ill be stoaked
    age has been most kind to them

not me so much :)
  • that is also 12 years of smoking!!!........smoking ages your skin...BIG TIME!!!!!

yet another reason to quit smoking Ed!!!! 8-)
  • yup. i don't believe it but stone may be winning in the looks dept over ed these days. i never thought that would happen.

as for ed, i gues those two baby girls are wearing him out! :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Oh mi goodness
    Leave it alone about ed and smoking

Its called free choice people

Its 12 years people age.
    People have bad days and have husky voices.
    It happens.

Theirs singers that sound shit all the time who've never had a cig in their life...

He's gonna smoke till he wants to stop. And I aint gonna ever bag his voice or his handsome face.

:mrgreen:
  • missisles wrote:
    Oh mi goodness

Its 12 years people age.
    It happens.

Theirs singers that sound shit all the time who've never had a cig in their life...

He's gonna smoke till he wants to stop. And I aint gonna ever bag his voice or his handsome face.

maybe in fairy land...but down here on earth...smoking ages your skin...big fucking time!!!

SMOKING FACT #1
    Smoking causes the skin to age prematurely and fine lines and wrinkles to develop. Why?

Smokers tend to pucker their mouth when they puff on their cigarette. The constant contractions of the muscles around the area of the mouth cause wrinkles to develop around the mouth.

SMOKING FACT #2
    This is another reason why smokers tend to develop fine lines and wrinkles. Smokers tend to close their eyes tight to avoid cigarette smoke in their eyes. Wrinkles may also develop around the eyes.

SMOKING FACT #3
    Smoking causes the carbon monoxide levels in the blood to increase. This promotes the formation of age-inducing free radicals.

SMOKING FACT #4
    Nicotine has adrenaline-like effects. It causes blood vessels to constrict. That reduces oxygen supply to the tissues. Heavy smokers have an almost five-fold increased risk of wrinkles compared to those who don’t.

SMOKING FACT #5
    Smoking also delays wound healing. In a study of 120 women undergoing laparotomy (exploratory surgery), women who smoked had poorer scars compared to non-smokers.

SMOKING FACT #6
    Smoking causes many health problems, some of which are serious and life threatening. Smoking has been known to cause lung cancer.

SMOKING FACT #7
    Smoking also depletes the body’s stores of Vitamin C. In one study, smokers with similar intake of Vitamin C had consistently lower blood Vitamin C levels compared to non-smokers. Vitamin C is involved in the synthesis of collagen and is a powerful anti-oxidant in itself.

SUMMARY OF SMOKING FACTS
    In summary the effects of smoking on the skin are:

Reduces blood flow to the skin

Causes the skin to look dry and sallow

Encourages wrinkles to develop around the mouth and “crow’s feet” around the eye

Stains the skin and teeth

Causes the stale tobacco smell

Causes the premature skin ageing and wrinkling

Delays wound healing

The following are the effects of smoking on the face:

Puckered mouth from smoking action

Wrinkles around the eyes due to squinting to avoid the smoke

Pale complexion due to nicotine constricting blood vessels

Thinned, sagging wrinkled skin due to loss of collagen from free radical damage

Smoking is a very addictive habit that causes a lot of harm to the body.

IF YOU DON’T SMOKE, DON’T START
    IF YOU SMOKE, QUIT SMOKING NOW

class dismissed!!!!! ;):mrgreen:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't really get the whole lot older thing- everybody gets/looks older- no way around it and hopefully there won't be any procedures to try to hide their age cause that just makes a person look plastic and fake. An older face is more beautiful anyways with years of smiles and frowns and the wisdom in ones eyes that almost creates a twinkle. Also a comfortable, friendly, secure attitude that comes with age. People really learn to love themselves and it shows. I would hope people would just enjoy PJ for the great band they are and not point out flaws or wish them something different- we never know how long we have them. Then we will miss them.
  • missisles wrote:
    Oh mi goodness

Its 12 years people age.
    It happens.

maybe in fairy land...but down here on earth...smoking ages your skin...big fucking time!!!

SMOKING FACT #1
    Smoking causes the skin to age prematurely and fine lines and wrinkles to develop. Why?

Smokers tend to pucker their mouth when they puff on their cigarette. The constant contractions of the muscles around the area of the mouth cause wrinkles to develop around the mouth.

SMOKING FACT #2
    This is another reason why smokers tend to develop fine lines and wrinkles. Smokers tend to close their eyes tight to avoid cigarette smoke in their eyes. Wrinkles may also develop around the eyes.

SMOKING FACT #3
    Smoking causes the carbon monoxide levels in the blood to increase. This promotes the formation of age-inducing free radicals.

SMOKING FACT #4
    Nicotine has adrenaline-like effects. It causes blood vessels to constrict. That reduces oxygen supply to the tissues. Heavy smokers have an almost five-fold increased risk of wrinkles compared to those who don’t.

SMOKING FACT #5
    Smoking also delays wound healing. In a study of 120 women undergoing laparotomy (exploratory surgery), women who smoked had poorer scars compared to non-smokers.

SMOKING FACT #6
    Smoking causes many health problems, some of which are serious and life threatening. Smoking has been known to cause lung cancer.

SMOKING FACT #7
    Smoking also depletes the body’s stores of Vitamin C. In one study, smokers with similar intake of Vitamin C had consistently lower blood Vitamin C levels compared to non-smokers. Vitamin C is involved in the synthesis of collagen and is a powerful anti-oxidant in itself.

SUMMARY OF SMOKING FACTS
    In summary the effects of smoking on the skin are:

Reduces blood flow to the skin

Causes the skin to look dry and sallow

Encourages wrinkles to develop around the mouth and “crow’s feet” around the eye

Stains the skin and teeth

Causes the stale tobacco smell

Causes the premature skin ageing and wrinkling

Delays wound healing

The following are the effects of smoking on the face:

Puckered mouth from smoking action

Wrinkles around the eyes due to squinting to avoid the smoke

Pale complexion due to nicotine constricting blood vessels

Thinned, sagging wrinkled skin due to loss of collagen from free radical damage

Smoking is a very addictive habit that causes a lot of harm to the body.

dismiss your class all you like
    ive been smoking for 14 years now
    i still get checked for id

OH YEAH
    the legal age in west australia is 18...

so you can take all your medical facts and do what you like with them
    not everything is applicable to everyone
  • the thing that baffles me the most about this is the fact that his aging MUST be because he smokes
    not because its 12 years old..
    lord forbid someone ages
    :o
  • OMG, this is the best looking band on the planet :)

I don't get all the comments this year, I think Ed looks great. More importantly, I saw him up close at a couple of solo shows and I think he looks a lot happier than he used to, which is so much more important.

But.... speaking of SVT, I was just watching it a couple weeks ago and could not believe how different Mike looks! He looks younger today than he did twelve years ago! I know he might have been sick back then, but anyway, keep up the good work, Mike ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I watched SVT and noticed you much younger ED looked compaired to now. OMG huge difference for the amount of time that elasped.

contrary to what some might think, ed is not immortal...he does age ;)
  • missisles wrote:

OH YEAH

well aren't you special...the laws of the universe don't apply to you!

i guess you better not look in the mirror at the bottom of this post!!

OldLady.jpg
  • missisles wrote:

OH YEAH

well aren't you special...the laws of the universe don't apply to you!

i guess you better not look in the mirror at the bottom of this post!!

OldLady.jpg

yes
    thats exactly what i said
    im immune to the universe and her wileways
    im just saying not everything is so black and white 100% of the time

the guy is 45 years old for gods sake
    do you really expect him to look the same at 45 with 2 kids as he did at 33 with no kids

think about whats being said
    im fairly sure if ed had found the fountain of youth hed have shared the info with others
    fact is
    as years go by... hes gonna get older

i cant wait to see the outrage in another 12 years time when people are making comparison

itll defs be caused he smokes, not cause hell be 57
  • OMG, this is the best looking band on the planet :)

I don't get all the comments this year, I think Ed looks great. More importantly, I saw him up close at a couple of solo shows and I think he looks a lot happier than he used to, which is so much more important.

But.... speaking of SVT, I was just watching it a couple weeks ago and could not believe how different Mike looks! He looks younger today than he did twelve years ago! I know he might have been sick back then, but anyway, keep up the good work, Mike ;)

agreed!
    i think they ALL do - and you can't bottle that good stuff!
    yes, age, drinking, smoking, sun....ALL take their toll, but none the less....ed is still mighty fine lookin' and they all look great. i think that happiness has a LOT to do with it. 'happy ed' is a beautiful thing. love tends to do that to a person. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• i never said he should look younger...what i did say is that smoking ages your skin and Ed smokes...all 100% fact!!

i think Ed looks good...and if he shaved he def would look younger.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

SMOKING FACT #1

SMOKING FACT #2

SMOKING FACT #3

Lies, I tell ya. Lies.
    keith-richards.jpg

:lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • i never said he should look younger...what i did say is that smoking ages your skin and Ed smokes...all 100% fact!!

mmmmmmmmmm....ed clean-shaven....
    *goes off in thought*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    don't listen to these peeps ed...the beard is righteous!! :thumbup:

*goes off in thought*

decides2daydream? :mrgreen:
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    "blah blah blah smoking kills i'm a truth ad teeny bopper yada yada yada"

what're you a DARE officer or something?

*goes off in thought*

decides2daydream? :mrgreen:

seriously.
    ed has a beautiful face...i'd love to see more of it.
    and touch it....and....well, yea......i've said too much. :oops: ;):mrgreen:
    my husband grew a beard. once. it looked good on him. but it FEELS so much better w/o it. he realized that, quickly. well worth his while not to have a beard. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Ed,
    Please don't shave it or cut your hair
    You are simply beautiful
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    according to our computer ageing programme, ed should look..........

........about 12 years older.

he's probably got less wrinkles than i have and the little blighter has a good 16 years on me.