:Austin City Limits "Broadcast" Fan Views:

13»

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Highlights: Unthought Known, DTE and Red Mosquito.
    Lowlights: The local PBS station in Chicago premiered it at 1am early Monday morning: soooo tired
  • Highlights: Unthought Known, DTE and Red Mosquito.
    Lowlights: The local PBS station in Chicago premiered it at 1am early Monday morning: soooo tired

It's called TIVO :D

Listened to it Sunday Morning while feeding my babies and we all 3 loved it. I hear the comments about Ed's voice, but overall I thought the whole band sounded great. Matt and Jeff especially. The Porch was one of the better late era porch's I've heard.

It is just cool to SEE them doing there thing.
  • I thought their performance was awesome. Ed killed it on Johnny Guitar and Unthought Known. It was great to see them play Inside Job again. Yes, his voice sounded strained at times but I think it's because of the previous shows they did. He sounded on point the next day at ACL. I thought it was funny that Stone was wearing a Backspacer t shirt :mrgreen:.
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    Does Mike sing backup on Johnny Guitar?
  • i wish it was longer...I wanted more and more after porch...My wife thought I was nuts dancing in the living room but I could not contain myself..the show almost made me cry then gave me goosebumps then rocked hard...That is why I love that band....
    What other songs did they play there? Lukin was great. did not think they would play it there.
    What a great Porch.
    Inside job was done really well.

Way to go pearl jam you hit the bullseye and played a great tribute to our veterans

Substitute wife with husband and.....ditto......
    11/30/93 7/11/98 10/22/00 4/28/03 6/6/03 9/30/05 7/6/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 10/9/09 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/17/10 5/18/10 6/22/10 6/23/10 6/25/10 10/23/10 10/24/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/21/11 9/23/11 9/25/11 6/20/12 6/21/12 9/30/12 7/19/13 10/21/13 10/22/13 10/30/13 11/19/13 11/21/13 11/29/13 11/30/13 12/2/13 12/4/13 12/6/13 6/16/14 6/17/14 6/22/14 6/25/14 6/26/14
    EV Solo: SAN 08 EWR 08 STL 11 LAS 12
    Who Rock Honors 08
    Bridge School 10 14
    FTM 12
    Holier than thou....how?
    Surrendered...Executed any how........
  • Hatfield78 wrote:
    The Porch was one of the better late era porch's I've heard.

I have never heard a "bad" Porch, from any era. But that's just my really good opinion.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • justam wrote:
    I liked it so much that it seemed far too short! :)

cool!
    probably won't get around to watching it until wednesday or this weekend, but really looking forward to it!
    love the DV-R.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really enjoyed this show.

The jam in porch was really good. Particularly when Stone and Mike are "soloing" together.

I'd like more of that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • EasyEEasyE Posts: 66
    On sound quality: It's best to watch this show using home theater equipment or a two-channel rig with a sub woofer. I have the latter and experienced almost no sound issues. A DVD or Blu-Ray release with additional sound mixing would be cool. A "director's cut" release with more songs would be good too.

Vedder's vocal problems at the start of the show were ill-timed. Any casual fan could have watched and said with some merit, "he is washed up." Vedder improved over the course of the show. Still, given what I've heard live from him in the last two years, he could have been much better.

And, had his voice been a bit better at the start, this hourlong set would have been a total success.
  • I think it's time Eddie started laying off of the cigarettes a bit.

TOTALLY AGREE
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I thought it awesome- I think Ed sounded and looked beautiful and I love his emotions that seem to be on the surface more in his performances as of late. It brought back wonderful Philly memories for me and it will be a daily watch for me for awhile.
    I did notice the audience very laid back but perhaps that was the feel the promoters wanted. I was definitely
    making more noise in my own living room then what I saw there.
    Thanks PJ for this special show you always take good care of your fans.
  • J.J. Posts: 41
    I think it's time Eddie started laying off of the cigarettes a bit.

TOTALLY AGREE

I am not so sure it's just the cigs or something else? He also looked puffy. It was talked about after Conan, but that thread was just Ed looks fat? He looked puffy like holding fluid, like maybe he was on steroids or something else for an ailment? Also in the interview afterward the right side of his face looked swollen? I mean he was really laboring on those first few songs. You can also hear a difference in his voice overall on the album? I love the album and his voice, but to me he almost sounds sick, like head cold sick on some of the tracks?

What I am getting at is I just saw him 3 out of 4 nights in Philly and his voice sounded nothing like this ACL recording!He was absolutely on the money! He also looked noticeably thinner in Philly? I know he had been touring and any rust and weight should come off, especially with as hard as he works every night. This just seems different?? Anyone else think about this?
  • haha jeez, dude's just getting a little old.

i hope i have his biceps when i'm his age,haha.
  • J.J. Posts: 41
    MrSmith wrote:
    haha jeez, dude's just getting a little old.

So were you in Philly when he flexed for the crowd and said he was 44, but still had something left? lol
  • I'm finally home after a four-day commitment to the arts and enthusiastically got to watch this terrific performance. I don't know if it's me, but it seems especially emotional. Can't wait to watch it again. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I like the way they started the broadcast with Just Breathe.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • NJdPJNJdPJ Posts: 40
    Will they be replaying this on PBS?
    They have to be at some point right?
    Anyone know where we can check the PBS channel schedule to see?
  • J. wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    haha jeez, dude's just getting a little old.

So were you in Philly when he flexed for the crowd and said he was 44, but still had something left? lol
    no but i wish i was
  • I thought the band was great - the crowd lame... Definitely catch the HD broadcast if possible...
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    how do that many people in the audiance stay that mellow. no club members?
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• i dont know if you watch many ACL shows but its usually some alt country or sad song band. its always pretty sedated and relaxed. i kinda like it. actually i think that was the most i've ever seen anyone move on that show. i wasn't expecting some crazy concert crowd or anything.

didn;t bother me at all.

i want to know who that blonde with the blue shirt was though. she was cute.
  • Hope PBS shows this again soon.
    I must be the only person who has never owned a DVR. :oops:
    Just not the same watching on the computer.
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    I've watched the HD version many times over now...can't get enough of this and the subtleties are phenomenal. The emotion that exudes from Inside Job (among others) makes me cry it's so good. It's an emotional show and touches all that's good in us. They look so content and happy to be there! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I count my blessings for family and Pearl Jam!
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • llove wrote:
    I've watched the HD version many times over now...can't get enough of this and the subtleties are phenomenal. The emotion that exudes from Inside Job (among others) makes me cry it's so good. It's an emotional show and touches all that's good in us. They look so content and happy to be there! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I count my blessings for family and Pearl Jam!

great post!

MrSmith wrote:
    i dont know if you watch many ACL shows but its usually some alt country or sad song band. its always pretty sedated and relaxed. i kinda like it. actually i think that was the most i've ever seen anyone move on that show. i wasn't expecting some crazy concert crowd or anything.

yeah that has to be of of the highest energy shows (on stage) for ACL.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mix of the broadcast. People saying you can't hear stone need to turn up their hearing aids or actually pay attention to who plays what...because he's definitely up in the mix.

The band is sloppy at times on the performance but the sound is fine.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with the mix of the broadcast. People saying you can't hear stone need to turn up their hearing aids or actually pay attention to who plays what...because he's definitely up in the mix.

The band is sloppy at times on the performance but the sound is fine.

I have the agree with people who say they can't hear Stone!

I have listened to it twice and it strikes me even if the sound comes out of good sound system (not tv).

On the performance side, I really liked Red Mosquito with Ben Harper. Ben is sooo into it! Inside Job was also excellent.

Sorry for the people who dig Just Breath.....It just doesn't work for me. The beginning of the song with the keyboard..... I can't stand it! However, I think the song gets better after the first chorus. I don't like Ed's voice in the first verse.

The other Backspacer songs were great! I hope to see them in Montreal in 2010! It's been more than 4yrs....they've been to Europe twice since the 2005 tour!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    klusterfuk wrote:
    how do that many people in the audiance stay that mellow. no club members?

You guys have to remember that most of that crowd were high dollar contributors to ACL and celebrities. Not PJ fans.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Ivn1322 wrote:
    I thought their performance was awesome. Ed killed it on Johnny Guitar and Unthought Known. It was great to see them play Inside Job again. Yes, his voice sounded strained at times but I think it's because of the previous shows they did. He sounded on point the next day at ACL. I thought it was funny that Stone was wearing a Backspacer t shirt :mrgreen:.
    I thought Ed sounded rough at the festival....contributing it to staying up late drinking and smoking w ben.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • wow...some people, i have to say this performance was stellar! ed looked and sounded like an angel...the boys were tearing it up...super emotional and powerfull! these guys can do no wrong. a completly brilliant performance. lukin with strings, fucking killer!
  • I am just watching this again (still on the PVR). And Porch was FUCKING EPIC.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014