:Austin City Limits "Broadcast" Fan Views:

Comments

• klusterfuk wrote:
    oh i'll be havin me a copy of the whole show asap it'll be available somehow
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    when did they move tha Capital building to Austin City Limits ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'd like hear them do Amongst The Waves with the piano intro.
    Not sure why Stone starts it live when Boom is standing right there.

Still one of my favorites off Backspacer.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    really enjoyed seeing them on ACL - Army Reserve and Inside Job really rocked tonight. Thought they sped things up a bit, same as "live" shows but either never notice or never care much, but thought maybe since they were at this particular venue they would pace themselves a bit.

either way, they kicked ass as usual, even at their age - they still bring their A-game, its incredible. and what can you say about , DTE, Red Mosquito with Harper (been waiting to hear this version) and Porch! Never will tire of Porch. Keep it boys and see you in the spring...2010!! 8-)

edit: Oh and the double neck was outsanding Mike - need to see that more!
    Dancing in irreverence
  • My voice was completely shot after singing along/cheering in Chicago & Portland so imagine what Ed's feels like after repeated nights of singing/screaming/talking to the crowd. Jeez, cut the man some slack.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Looking at and hearing Eddie was hurtful.

What does that even mean? Kinda vague
    This is Not For You
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    Gmoney wrote:
    Would have sounded better if he'd gotten the lyrics correct.

Songs not shown, but are on the audio:

Walking The Cow
    Driven To Tears
    Got Some
    Life Wasted Reprise / Betterman
    Gonna See My Friend
    Crazy Mary

where does one find this?
    SKELLER wrote:

The link is just a repeat of the TV performance.
    I found the FULL audio on another web site, including the missing songs.

Where? Can you post the audio link please?
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    My voice was completely shot after singing along/cheering in Chicago & Portland so imagine what Ed's feels like after repeated nights of singing/screaming/talking to the crowd. Jeez, cut the man some slack.

You're right. Too bad he didn't have time to rest his voice before the taping. But they still sounded awesome anyway and I love em all! :D
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    llove wrote:
    My voice was completely shot after singing along/cheering in Chicago & Portland so imagine what Ed's feels like after repeated nights of singing/screaming/talking to the crowd. Jeez, cut the man some slack.
    You're right. Too bad he didn't have time to rest his voice before the taping. But they still sounded awesome anyway and I love em all! :D

I was at the simulcast and definitely didn't think it was close to being one of PJ's best performances. You guys are lucky you didn't see what was cut out from the broadcast ;) (Restarting Just Breathe multiple times, having to stop during Got Some and start over) I'm watching the broadcast now and ed was obviously struggling, especially during The End (which sounds awesome on the LA boots). With that said, I would still call it a solid performance from my favorite band. However, this is not probably what you would want to use to introduce someone who has never heard the band before.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • llove wrote:

The link is just a repeat of the TV performance.
    I found the FULL audio on another web site, including the missing songs.

Where? Can you post the audio link please?

I don't know if that's allowed here or not. It's raw unedited audio.
  • I think Eddie should quit smoking too, but mainly because it's bad for you and could give you cancer. I think it's kind of amazing people still smoke these days when they know the consequences.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • I think Eddie should quit smoking too, but mainly because it's bad for you and could give you cancer. I think it's kind of amazing people still smoke these days when they know the consequences.

That is true..but as a smoker it is a lot harder then just quitting smoking...If they were never legal then there would not be all these nicotine addicts. I think touring hurts eddies voice just as bad as smoking...think about it...all those songs. He trys not to hold back. That would really strain your voice
    This is Not For You

That is true..but as a smoker it is a lot harder then just quitting smoking...If they were never legal then there would not be all these nicotine addicts. I think touring hurts eddies voice just as bad as smoking...think about it...all those songs. He trys not to hold back. That would really strain your voice

Yeah, I don't mean to be preachy and I did smoke years ago. I was more of a social smoker when I drank, but once I had a kid I gave it up. I did occasionally screw up, but if you want it bad enough, you just do it.

I really don't think Eddie really sounded that bad. I am listening right now and it sounds great. The newer songs seem to be the roughest, not just for Eddie, but the whole band.

I watched part of the MTV performance before ACL. It's amazing how young and green they look compared to now.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • I had a huge smile on my face from red mosquito on. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled that much pass midnight.

Yeah ed’s voice in the beginning. eeekk. But then I thought it because those songs demand a different vocal technique that he’s just not used to yet.

Lukin and porch OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the camera was on mikes side, I’d see stone in the background and wouldn’t recognize him at first. Who is that guy with the hair? Oh wait, it’s stone! :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I didn't think Ed's voice was too too bad....
    ...there was, like probably every night, a few notes Ed didn't make (particularly on Amongst the Waves), but all in all, not so bad.

Mike was really on, as usual!
    And how bout that Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper??

Worth the watch in my mind, even though I had to get up at 6:30 this AM!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    when did they move tha Capital building to Austin City Limits ?

:lol:

I was thinking that too!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • was it just my television or did anyone else have trouble hearing Mike? all i could hear was Stone.

Ed was a fine to me after struggling a bit on THe ENd.
  • Great show. :D
    My favorites were Unthought Known,Inside Job and Porch.
    Eddie was looking Hot as usual :oops:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    Really liked it! No complaints here. REALLY dug Inside Job. Its was perfect length for me considering I was dead tired from not getting any sleep the night before.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    I for one hope this is the last of the TV apperances it just seems so bland ,i watched it on my pc and it sounded very good but i just hope they just don't do these TV shows anymore ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Why the fuck do you hope its their last TV appearance? That makes no sense. What is wrong with some of you? Your comments are like a spoiled baby with a diaper full of shit and piss. Ed's throat sounded rough at times but Im sure his voice was shredded from the 2 nights in LA. I thought Johnny Guitar, Evolution, Porch, unthought Known and Porch were great!! The boys did great.
  • Will this ACL PBS special be out on DVD or some other purchasable media??? If so...I wonder when?
  • Why the fuck do you hope its their last TV appearance? That makes no sense. What is wrong with some of you? Your comments are like a spoiled baby with a diaper full of shit and piss. Ed's throat sounded rough at times but Im sure his voice was shredded from the 2 nights in LA. I thought Johnny Guitar, Evolution, Porch, unthought Known and Porch were great!! The boys did great.

You said it
    This is Not For You
  • thought it was great!
  • just watched it again. great show.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah i just gave it another viewing...great performance! :clap: :thumbup:

sound was great...heard stone and everything ;)
  • IT's On Now!!!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • I'm really enjoying this!
  • This performance was incredible. Really was. Great great set. Can't wait to watch it again.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    i thought overall it was pretty good. I'm surprised no one here mentioned the Ed interview and pictures after Porch was done. The part where Ed signed the Veteran's artficial leg just floored me - seeing that was pretty crazy.