OK.. Maybe a strange question.. How do you wee?

edited December 2009 in The Porch
So this is the first time I've been to a general entry show (am looking forward to it!). Anyway, my question is how do you go to the loo and then get back to your spot? Seeing that we get in at 4.45pm, it is going to be a long night hanging on! What do you do? Also how do you stop your posters getting squashed in the crowds to!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    You don't. And you don't.
  • Quick answer: You don't.....

Seriously, go LOTS before you get in....I know a couple of guys who were with us in the line did like the quickest toilet stop EVER on the way in to the field....but I'm not sure if everyone can wee that quickly!!! lol!! My friend and I went two or three times while we were in the line.....last time about half hr before gates opened, and then even with a beer and water during the show, were still fine and able to hold it easily...I mean, it's not THAT long.......
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    before the show starts those around you will probably be sat on the floor waiting, many people pop out to wee and come back to their spots, at every show i have been to this has never been a problem.

its impossible to do it during the show, so I'd say avoid the beer. Its not everyday you see Pj so beer is always the last thing on my mind
  • i agree, you dont and you dont.

my plan for melbs is to get there early, bring a tube(not a drunken friend)and buy a poster, then post it home....
  • 10 clubbers were getting out and in pretty easily in adelaide up until mid way through ben. i wouldnt attempt it after that tho!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Buy a poster tube with your Poster and stash it somewhere in the surroundings, or fix it to your body, BUT NOT horizontal accross your belt........the bloke behind me did this, the tube kept poking me up the arse.....not that I'm complaining......it just made it a friendlier night ;)

Wee- us girls seem to be able to hang on.....
    you guys, well......depends on how descreet you are.....
    If I was a bloke, not wanting to lose my spot......if it was only once or twice....I would wee on MY patch of grass......If I'm the only one rocking on it, what harm?
    but I'm a bogan. 8-)

I reckon those cups of wee in Adelaide were from women.......
    I can hear it now...." Eeeewwww!!!"
    What do they do at the soccer?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Jo wrote:
    Buy a poster tube with your Poster and stash it somewhere in the surroundings, or fix it to your body, BUT NOT horizontal accross your belt........the bloke behind me did this, the tube kept poking me up the arse.....not that I'm complaining......it just made it a friendlier night ;)

If I was a bloke, not wanting to lose my spot......if it was only once or twice....I would wee on MY patch of grass......If I'm the only one rocking on it, what harm?
    but I'm a bogan. 8-)

maybe not the best course of action, mens wee splashes, so your gonna get people wet around you, weeing on others isnt good.

A guy over at BRY got pissed on during a show and he was mighty cross about it.
    That was because he did a Hasslehoft and grabed his nut to piss.....and not his penis.....
    Farkin funniest thing I have ever heard.
    We all know men piss squew wiff, I was talking about DESCREET exit into the grass.
  • Last night I hardly drank anything in my water bottle until the last encore.
    Small sips once every half hour.
    No problem, wasn't busting.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited November 2009
    Last night I hardly drank anything in my water bottle until the last encore.
    Small sips once every half hour.
    No problem, wasn't busting.

I think you should drink atleast a litre of water before 11am and piss it out through the day, and now your hydrated for the night.
    You are going to need something to sweat....
    You have a HUGE evening to last....pace...

And YES stash a bottle cap that FITS the bottle you TAKE IN WITH YOU. Your allowed an unopened bottle but they will open it, and Stardust reckond it sucked when her UNCAPPED bottle fell and wasted.

:geek: I was lucky I had two beers, EDIT: After PJ finished :mrgreen: two and a half hours old, stashed under the Grand stand.
    waiting to wet the whistle...I pissed before I left, and two hours later when I got to the train station.

Farrrk, that was a long stroll.
    Post edited by Jo on
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    bazzer wrote:
    You don't. And you don't.

Yup!

Dont drink much... I frickin' hate people who try walking through the crowds with fucking 2- beers and they expect you to give them way etc.

But anyway i get water from the security guards and that seems okay. When I'm watching PJ stuff like hunger and wanting to piss kinda go out the window anyhow.
    I took no drinks into the pit, both hands free for dancing. I didn't push passed anyone.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm still up here in my tree YEAH.
  • this is what you do.....buy an extra poster tube....line that bitch with a plastice bag, one that is long enough to fill the tube...tape the end caps on..BAM! your own private piss tube!...when it gets full....dump it on the people in front of you or sell it to some drunk asshole who thnks there is a poster inside! piss=profit! BAM! YOU JUST GOT YOUR BEER MONEY BACK!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't tell too many people about this...then i won't be able to do it any more.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    four words:

go hardcore... adult diaper.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I saw 2 cups of wee at Perth.....the security guard wouldnt move them..
  • aus_suz wrote:
    I saw 2 cups of wee at Perth.....the security guard wouldnt move them..

Don't really blame him....I wouldn't want to pick up a cup of someone else's wee either.....eeewwww!!!!
  • this is what you do.....buy an extra poster tube....line that bitch with a plastice bag, one that is long enough to fill the tube...tape the end caps on..BAM! your own private piss tube!...when it gets full....dump it on the people in front of you or sell it to some drunk asshole who thnks there is a poster inside! piss=profit! BAM! YOU JUST GOT YOUR BEER MONEY BACK!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't tell too many people about this...then i won't be able to do it any more.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • At the Adelaide show I went through 4 or 5 bottles of water between noon and the end of the gig, I did not have to use the loo once.

My best tip is don't drink any caffeine for a day or so before the show, but especially don't drink any on the day.

Its a fine line but if you drink just enough to replace what you sweat out you will be fine and will go all afternoon without a loo break.

I think I was a little over cautious and could have drank more as I felt a bit like I had a hang over at the end (I was a little dehydrated), I fixed that up with some power aids I stashed in the car.
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • GA shows suck

and ummm AWESOME FIRST POST !!! :lol::lol:
  • Jo wrote:

but I'm a bogan. 8-)

Do we speak the same language? lol
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    easy. hit the can just before PJ goes onstage, then push your way to the front. np.
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    easy. hit the can just before PJ goes onstage, then push your way to the front. np.
    Please don't try this.

Really, you just don't go during the show, that's the answer.

I did it in Adelaide, no problem. I went to the loo about an hour before gates opened, people will be cool about letting you leave to go to the loo when you're lining up if you let them know.

Try to drink only what you have to before the show though, otherwise you'll end up having to go later on. Don't go nuts and dehydrate yourself, but just take it easy. I went in with one water bottle (you were allowed to take in one bottle of water, providing it was sealed) and slowly sipped it throughout the night if I needed to, I held onto most of it til Pearl Jam's set though as that's when it started getting seriously hot and sweaty down the front.

Easy.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    this is what you do.....buy an extra poster tube....line that bitch with a plastice bag, one that is long enough to fill the tube...tape the end caps on..BAM! your own private piss tube!...when it gets full....dump it on the people in front of you or sell it to some drunk asshole who thnks there is a poster inside! piss=profit! BAM! YOU JUST GOT YOUR BEER MONEY BACK!

This is genius. I'll have to find me a GA show just to try it. :lol: :shock: :clap:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Spencer wrote:
    Please don't try this.

Really, you just don't go during the show, that's the answer.

I did it in Adelaide, no problem. I went to the loo about an hour before gates opened, people will be cool about letting you leave to go to the loo when you're lining up if you let them know.

Try to drink only what you have to before the show though, otherwise you'll end up having to go later on. Don't go nuts and dehydrate yourself, but just take it easy. I went in with one water bottle (you were allowed to take in one bottle of water, providing it was sealed) and slowly sipped it throughout the night if I needed to, I held onto most of it til Pearl Jam's set though as that's when it started getting seriously hot and sweaty down the front.

Easy.
    that doesn't sound like a very fun concert.
    rationing sips from a nontraband water bottle all day is not fucking rock n roll.
  • JZ6157JZ6157 Posts: 51
    Stadium Pal/Gal is your friend

http://stadiumpal.com/

Enjoy!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm not worried about having a slash, I'm worried about my poster.

Can we take a poster tube in? If not I'm fucked.

Any tips??

Thanks
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Buy the Poster tube with your poster. If there is somewhere to stash it like, some-ones garden, a purlion of the grandstand in the dark, a bush on the way out....do it. If you need to keep that lovely piece on you, just make sure it's verticle!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Jo wrote:
    Buy the Poster tube with your poster. If there is somewhere to stash it like, some-ones garden, a purlion of the grandstand in the dark, a bush on the way out....do it. If you need to keep that lovely piece on you, just make sure it's verticle!

So they sell poster tubes?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Yes they sell poster tubes because your not allowed to take one in with you. I was supprised the tubes had no cap for the top and bottom but the poster itself ravells out to keep hold in the tube.
    The no take your own tube and the NO CAPS rule, stops us taking a spare and weeing in it.
This discussion has been closed.