Backspacer is NOT the top album of the decade

2»

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    but wait... i was told Backspacer is a total masterpiece!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • CraneCrane Posts: 192
    That list aint to my taste really. A couple would probably make my top 20. Seems like more a fad list but each to his own. A few that should make a top 20:

QOTSA: Songs for The Deaf
    Radiohead: Hail to the Thief
    Pearl Jam: Riot Act
    Coldplay: Parachutes
    The Cure: The Cure
    Death Cab For Cutie: Plans
    Idiot Pilot: Wolves
    The Mars Volta: De=Loused in the Comatorium
    Nine inch Nails: Year Zero
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Glad to see Arcade Fire on there. Funeral is one of my favorite albums.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Kate Bush - Aerial

It's gotta be top ten. Amazing album. Feels like the culmination of a decade's thought.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,368
    Crane wrote:
    That list aint to my taste really. A couple would probably make my top 20. Seems like more a fad list but each to his own. A few that should make a top 20:

QOTSA: Songs for The Deaf
    Radiohead: Hail to the Thief
    Pearl Jam: Riot Act
    Coldplay: Parachutes
    The Cure: The Cure
    Death Cab For Cutie: Plans
    Idiot Pilot: Wolves
    The Mars Volta: De=Loused in the Comatorium
    Nine inch Nails: Year Zero

Hard to believe "Parachutes" came out in the 2000s but, you're right, it did. You've jogged my memory such that I can add two other contenders to the Radiohead and Wilco albums I mentioned yesterday: Coldplay's "X & Y" (yes, I realize I'm the only person who considers this his favorite Coldplay album) and U2's "All That You Can't Leave Behind."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394 wrote:
    You've jogged my memory such that I can add two other contenders to the Radiohead and Wilco albums I mentioned yesterday: Coldplay's "X & Y" (yes, I realize I'm the only person who considers this his favorite Coldplay album) and U2's "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

Hrm. And here, I thought "X & Y" was just the 5th Anniversary reissue of Parachutes. You know, since they named their 2nd anniversary reissue "A Rush of Blood to the Head". ;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that's one crappy top ten.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,368
    BF25394 wrote:
    You've jogged my memory such that I can add two other contenders to the Radiohead and Wilco albums I mentioned yesterday: Coldplay's "X & Y" (yes, I realize I'm the only person who considers this his favorite Coldplay album) and U2's "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

Hrm. And here, I thought "X & Y" was just the 5th Anniversary reissue of Parachutes. You know, since they named their 2nd anniversary reissue "A Rush of Blood to the Head". ;)

I don't get that at all. Coldplay's third and fourth albums don't sound much like their first or second albums.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.