Options

Radiohead

Comments

• Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 810
    edited November 2021
    iammine16 said:
    I just grabbed a red copy from highroadrecords.ca
    They still show 3 more copies available.
    Dude, thank you! 

Not a problem! I was happy to find a copy for a decent price!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    iammine16 said:
    iammine16 said:
    I just grabbed a red copy from highroadrecords.ca
    They still show 3 more copies available.
    Dude, thank you! 

Not a problem! I was happy to find a copy for a decent price!
    $20 shipping to the US is a bit ouch-y, but all in all happy! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I snagged the last copy of the red variant from my local.

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2021
    DewieCox said:
    Anybody scored the red vinyl? Grabbed one of discogs but not sure if the shop will come through.
    Is the red vinyl, besides the color, anything different from the cream colored I ordered through waste in September? I paid $130 for the deluxe edition. Seeing this red vinyl for half price?
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited November 2021
    Indie store exclusive 3lp. Does the one you ordered have the book of artwork?
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Just got my tracking from the discogs seller. Stoked…not a big deal if I had to wait for a black copy but most of no it all normal priced copies around the web are gone. Fully anticipated a cancel.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Indie store exclusive 3lp. Does the one you ordered have the book of artwork?
    Yeah mine comes with the book. That must be the difference. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    Listened to the third disc on Spotify today while I wait for my red vinyl. It’s good, but I expected a little more. I guess I should have expected that considering I’ve had so many Radiohead b-sides for many years. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    edited November 2021
    DewieCox said:
    Anybody scored the red vinyl? Grabbed one of discogs but not sure if the shop will come through.
    Is the red vinyl, besides the color, anything different from the cream colored I ordered through waste in September? I paid $130 for the deluxe edition. Seeing this red vinyl for half price?
    I believe its a deluxe set similar to AMSP and OKNOTOK deluxe editions. And yes, the 30 pg book is the difference (which is different from the 100 page book they are selling separately. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    holy crap they've really jumped the shark on the merch. pyjamas...cookies.....bed comforters? my goodness. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 555
    edited November 2021
    holy crap they've really jumped the shark on the merch. pyjamas...cookies.....bed comforters? my goodness. 
    To each their own….. you know if these had PJ logos on them they would sell out instantly. Let the market decide. Bring on the Radiohead funkos lol
    neither group is at Kiss level yet thank goodness 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    erebus said:
    To each their own….. you know if these had PJ logos on them they would sell out instantly. Let the market decide. Bring on the Radiohead funkos lol
    No I get it, I'm no radiohead purist so I don't care either way...I'm just surprised is all. I always thought that they were....I hate to use the word "principled" because that brings with it some meaning of this being unethical, because it's not, but I just have never seen this level of merch from them before. 

stickman cookies would be getting traded for Vault vinyl on here. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    erebus said:
    No I get it, I'm no radiohead purist so I don't care either way...I'm just surprised is all. I always thought that they were....I hate to use the word "principled" because that brings with it some meaning of this being unethical, because it's not, but I just have never seen this level of merch from them before. 

stickman cookies would be getting traded for Vault vinyl on here. lol
    I get what you're saying. 

Tool is another band that's had a huge merchandise push these last 10 months - not that they've ever been above the merch scene by any means, but they're definitely more aggressive this year than in years past... I can't help but think not being able to tour over the last 2 years has a big hand in that. 
  • Options
    If you can't tour, you gotta make your cash somehow. RH have a decent sized operation. 
  • Options
    absolutely. that seems to be the common denominator. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'll never complain about a band and how much merch they sell because
    1. If I don't like it, I don't need to buy it and we can exist independently of each other and be fine
    2. I feel like up until 2010, maybe 2015, band merch was generally limited to shows and a few odds and ends on official stores. I like having a wide variety of things to choose from to represent my fandom. 

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    Radiohead fan here...  I think ten years ago or so I would have been like "hey, whats with the ridiculous merch."   Then I saw Pearl Jam go merch crazy, then Metallica... and now I'm just like, whatever lol 

Once any band went beyond the t-shirt, hat, or poster to pretty much anything else... the sky became the limit. (Portlandia.. we can pickle that!) 

In similar news...  in Canada, Tragically Hip and Rush have been jumping on the booze brand wagon, and that makes me happy. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    1. If I don't like it, I don't need to buy it and we can exist independently of each other and be fine
    2. I feel like up until 2010, maybe 2015, band merch was generally limited to shows and a few odds and ends on official stores. I like having a wide variety of things to choose from to represent my fandom. 

just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to complain about it; just an observation. 

like you, I actually like a wide range of stuff to choose from other than the stock black t shirt with a skull on it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    This topic might be a neat gateway retrospective into my transition from a boy to a man. 

I once cared about band merch.  And then I didn't. 

I once told myself I would never buy stupid band merch. And then I bought Pearl Jam puzzles. 

I used to party until 3AM. Now I barely remember the night time unless I'm shovelling my driveway. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options

just want to be clear that I wasn't trying to complain about it; just an observation. 

like you, I actually like a wide range of stuff to choose from other than the stock black t shirt with a skull on it. 
    Oh yeah. No doubt. 

• Options
    Not to mention the business model has changed for bands in the last 20 years w/ the invention of streaming services. Studio recordings / album sales simply don't generate the revenue they used to. 

As much as we want to think these artists are in it for the love of the music, this is also their livelihood, as well as that of their team of employees. 
  • Options
    I've long suspected the reason why 10c shipping is so expensive is because its not just packaging and postage, but they factor in wages and benefits into the shipping cost.

• Options
    to be clear, IDK if 10c employees get benefits, but I'd hope the band takes care of its employees like that.

• Options
    I've long suspected the reason why 10c shipping is so expensive is because its not just packaging and postage, but they factor in wages and benefits into the shipping cost.

I made this suggestion not long ago and was lambasted for it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

While it doesn't specifically say "Shipping & Handling", I always assume there's an upcharge added on to each shipment to cover operation costs, it's a pretty standard business practice. 

With that being said, I just generated an order through the shop to see what they charge to ship 1 t-shirt to me: $6.89 total shipping charge to send a t-shirt from Seattle to Eastern MA... It's about $4 more to ship a poster... ($10 & change).

If there's an upcharge included in those shipping fees, it's minimal. 
  • Options

While it doesn't specifically say "Shipping & Handling", I always assume there's an upcharge added on to each shipment to cover operation costs, it's a pretty standard business practice. 

With that being said, I just generated an order through the shop to see what they charge to ship 1 t-shirt to me: $6.89 total shipping charge to send a t-shirt from Seattle to Eastern MA... It's about $4 more to ship a poster... ($10 & change).

The shipping charges to where I am are astronomically more than literally every other online retailer I've ever bought from (large and small). the only reason I EVER buy from here is that I never have a clue if said item will be available anywhere else. If it was, I'd literally never buy from 10C. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

The shipping charges to where I am are astronomically more than literally every other online retailer I've ever bought from (large and small). the only reason I EVER buy from here is that I never have a clue if said item will be available anywhere else. If it was, I'd literally never buy from 10C. 
    I understand, we can only speak from anecdotal experience.

With that being said, my employer ships products all over the country, and despite our negotiated rates w/ UPS, I can't get a 1 pound package out to Seattle for less than $11.50. (that's after our discount, the published cost exceeds $13.00) 

Looking at USPS.com, it doesn't look like I can send a 1lb package out there for much less than $10.00. (granted, I'm not as savvy w/ the USPS system, so maybe I'm misreading that)

I'm sure 10C has negotiated lower rates through USPS, and while I can't speak for what you're paying from elsewhere... knowing what I know about shipping rates in 2021, $7 to ship a t shirt across the country and $11 for a poster isn't that outrageous... or at the very least doesn't leave a ton of room for markup. 

Afterthought: are you in Canada? If so, this is a moot conversation as I can't speak for international shipping... only that I know those prices are absurd this year too. Can't speak for what 10c is charging though, so I digress. 
  • Options

I understand, we can only speak from anecdotal experience.

With that being said, my employer ships products all over the country, and despite our negotiated rates w/ UPS, I can't get a 1 pound package out to Seattle for less than $11.50. (that's after our discount, the published cost exceeds $13.00) 

Looking at USPS.com, it doesn't look like I can send a 1lb package out there for much less than $10.00. (granted, I'm not as savvy w/ the USPS system, so maybe I'm misreading that)

I'm sure 10C has negotiated lower rates through USPS, and while I can't speak for what you're paying from elsewhere... knowing what I know about shipping rates in 2021, $7 to ship a t shirt across the country and $11 for a poster isn't that outrageous... or at the very least doesn't leave a ton of room for markup. 

Afterthought: are you in Canada? If so, this is a moot conversation as I can't speak for international shipping... only that I know those prices are absurd this year too. Can't speak for what 10c is charging though, so I digress. 
    yes, that's just it. if i was only paying $7 to ship a shirt I'd have no issue with it. international shipping rates are nuts, but 10C's rates are absurdly higher than anyone else's. 

anyway, didn't meant to derail this into another discussion about shipping cost woes. lol. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,299

I guess.  I always thought that that the fan club dues paid for that.  Kind of thought it was a system where the fan club runs everything, and the fans pay the dues.

Maybe it's a bit of both.
  • Options
    new track from Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood's The Smile out today, called You Will Never Work In Television Again. Full album coming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com