Options

Curb your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    youngster wrote:
    Hands down the funniest episode of the whole series is the one where he is working with David Scwimmer on The Producers broadway play. He has the heart monitor connected due to his excitement of seeing the nurse in the dr's office bent over when the Dr. is checking his heartbeat. Later he goes to leave an apology via cell phone on Schwimmer's dad's voicemail when he get's rear-ended in traffic. He leaves an accidental profanity laced tirade on the answering machine and when the guy gets out of the car with a baseball bat, Larry pulls up his shirt revealing the Haltar monitor on his heart and fakes a heart attack. :lol: There are so many funny episodes but that one stands out to me.
    :lol: Can't forget about the bathroom scene with him, Richard Lewis, and Spud Webb(?). Always kills me. :lol:

"The 5 Wood" episode is hilarious, when Larry takes the club out of the coffin. :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Pubic hair episode and the one where he takes the hooker to dodgers game are my top 2
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Newch91 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    good interview with JB Smoove (Leon) on the new WTF podcast.
    Got a link to it?

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/ ... _jb_smoove
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Looks like no new season anytime soon.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/01/larry ... hbo-movie/

Larry David doing HBO movie (but not more 'Curb' anytime soon)

There’s a Larry David movie coming to HBO.

Don’t ask what it’s called. Don’t ask what it’s about. Larry David will star and executive produce the film. Greg Mottola (Superbad, Paul) will direct.

Beyond that, HBO isn’t saying much — except that it’s not a Curb Your Enthusiasm movie. And the film is going to occupy David’s HBO efforts for the time being, executives say, which means Curb isn’t going to return for a ninth season anytime soon.

“It means whatever [for Curb that] Larry wants it to mean,” HBO co-president Richard Plepler said. “He has essentially carte blanche. When he wants [Curb] to come back, we’ll be thrilled.”

“I don’t think he’s closed the door to another season of Curb,” fellow HBO co-president Lombardo added.

HBO has aired eight seasons of Curb since 2000 and executives have long given David plenty of production schedule leeway. Last year’s eighth season premiered to 1.7 million viewers after a hiatus of almost two years.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Well that's a bumout.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    After Larry's date walks out of the movie.

Susie: You don't understand women.
    Larry: You don't understand etiquette.
  • Options
    Guy at golf club: Did you even like Norm?
    Larry: (thinking about it) No. I thought he was a prick.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Oh...my...god. Has anyone else heard of the podcast thing Jerry Seinfeld is doing called "comedians in cars getting coffee" ????? i'm dying laughing.....

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com ... a-pancake/
  • Options
    Oh...my...god. Has anyone else heard of the podcast thing Jerry Seinfeld is doing called "comedians in cars getting coffee" ????? i'm dying laughing.....

His web series?

"Larry, why don't you get excited for something?"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

Hilarious!! Why have I not seen that before?!?!? :shock: :D
  • Options
    I bought the season 8 DVD today and just finished the Round table discussion in the bonus features. Hilarious stuff on there!
  • Options
    Waiter: I am the waiter.
    Larry: Yet we were the ones waiting, so we became the waiters.
    Jeff: This man's a hero. He just revolutionized the way restaurants work my friend. No one's gonna go hungry again.
  • Options
    According to his Twitter account, JB Smoove is going to be in Larry's movie.
  • Options
    New info on Larry's movie.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/larry-d ... um=twitter

Larry David Assembles All-Star Cast For HBO Movie: Jon Hamm, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, Eva Mendes, Amy Ryan, Bill Hader

Larry David has finally lifted the veil of secrecy on his upcoming movie for HBO. It will be titled Clear History, and, along with the long-rumored Jon Hamm and Michael Keaton, its cast will feature a slew of other big names. Joining star David will be Bill Hader, Kate Hudson, Phillip Baker Hall, Danny McBride, Eva Mendes, Amy Ryan, Curb Your Enthusiasm standout JB Smoove as well as Hamm and Keaton.

Clear History, which David co-wrote with Alec Berg, David Mandel and Jeff Schaffer, centers on Nathan Flomm (David), a former marketing executive at a start-up electric car company who, after losing a fortune due to a petty argument with his boss (Hamm), is publicly humiliated for walking away from his 10% of a company now worth billions. Ten years later, his marriage over and reputation ruined, Nathan has changed his identity and lives a simple life on a small island off the coast of Massachusetts under the new name of Rolly DaVore. But when his former boss shows up to renovate his summer mansion, Nathan vows to seek revenge and drive his nemesis off the island.

Hader will play Rags, the friend and henchman of a local quarry owner who agrees to help Rolly settle an old debt. Hamm will play Will Haney, founder of the electric car company who has a contentious relationship with Flomm, his head of marketing. Hall will play McKenzie, the foreman of a local construction project who is duped into hiring Rolly and soon begins to regret it. Hudson will play Rhonda, the glamorous wife of Flomm’s arch-rival, with whom Rolly strikes up a special friendship. Keaton will play Joe Stumpo, the erratic and eccentric operator of the island’s quarry. McBride will play Frank, a local denizen and best friend to Rolly. Mendes will play Jennifer, a local resident who takes an off-handed suggestion from Rolly a bit too seriously, causing Rolly no end of trouble. Ryan will play Wendy, Rolly’s the ex-girlfriend whom Rolly discovers has been hiding an explicit secret since before they dated. JB Smoove will play Jaspar, the ex-boyfriend of a local girl who blames Rolly for the demise of his relationship. The film is slated to shoot this fall in Massachusetts.

Greg Mottola is directing and will executive produce with Bradley Thomas, Berg, Mandel and Schaffer. Monica Levinson is a producer; Laura Streicher is associate producer.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I started watching this from the beginning last night.

Lewis' girlfriend "are u looking at my breast"?
    LD: " no, I'm not looking at your breast"
    Girlfriend: "You're looking at my breast"
    LD: "U and your special breast, you're wearing a dress like that so people look at your shoes"
    From The Pants Tent
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I started watching this from the beginning last night.

Lewis' girlfriend "are u looking at my breast"?
    LD: " no, I'm not looking at your breast"
    Girlfriend: "You're looking at my breast"
    LD: "U and your special breast, you're wearing a dress like that so people look at your shoes"
    From The Pants Tent
    :lol: Can anyone else picture George in that situation?

Later from the episode when Richard and Larry were arguing about Larry looking at Richard's girlfriend's breasts:

Larry: They're not breasts. They're large, chemical balls.
  • Options
    Did anyone check out Jeff Garlin's new podcast on iTunes called, "By the Way, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin." His first guest was Larry David. Hilarious so far.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Is this show returning?

I see" Girls " is premiering this Saturday night on HBO--- and its okay---
    but wheres the Curb ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm rewatching all the seasons while I'm on the treadmill. The last one I watched was Crayzee Eyez Killah.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm rewatching all the seasons while I'm on the treadmill. The last one I watched was Crayzee Eyez Killah.
    :lol: great episode.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Is this show returning?

but wheres the Curb ?
    I saw an article a couple days where Jeff said they could start filming the new season this fall.

EDIT: Here's an article: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a4497 ... -fall.html
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    :lol: great episode.
    :lol: Larry's review of his rap is so funny.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    "Larry you four eye-ed fuck!"
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Is this show returning?

but wheres the Curb ?
    I saw an article a couple days where Jeff said they could start filming the new season this fall.

EDIT: Here's an article: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a4497 ... -fall.html

damm
    everything is unconfirmed.

hopefully theyll be back.
    And hopefully they'll keep it in NYC.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: If you haven't listened to this podcast yet, do so. So funny!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 74247.html

23 Larry David Facts Revealed On Jeff Garlin's Podcast

Larry David was the inaugural guest on Jeff Garlin's new Earwolf podcast "By the Way: In Conversation with Jeff Garlin." The two "Curb Your Enthusiasm" stars are close in real life, and David lets his guard down for the rare candid interview in which he opens up about areas of his private life.

But the most entertaining part about the interview is learning that the character of Larry David from "Curb" is evidently not much of a stretch from the real-life Larry David. (Which we sort of already knew when a video of Larry getting angry at a parking garage circulated a while back.)

We highly recommend listening to Larry and Garlin's hour-plus chat, but for your convenience, we've selected the best 23 things that Larry revealed about himself throughout the conversation.

- He claims that he has never taken a photograph, or even owned a camera.

- He took piano lessons and learned the introduction to "Rhapsody in Blue," but gave it up.

- He vehemently hates listening to music to relax. (He prefers crossword puzzles.)

- His current obsession is Turner Classic Movies.

- His favorite TV show of all time is "Sgt. Bilko."

- He normally loves "American Idol," but hasn't been watching this season.

- He loves movies and TV shows set in high school, such as "Mean Girls" and "Degrassi."

- He has never been inside JC Penney.

- He's never put money in a jukebox, and does not understand why anybody would.

- He essentially sums up his philosophy: "Everybody's full of shit all the time. It's hard to get along in this world, and that's the way to do it."

- Rather than take offense, he was relieved that Garlin didn't invite him to his son's bar mitzvah.

- "It's possible that I said [going to synagogue] wasn't as bad as I thought. But it's impossible that I said I'm glad I went."

- It would take $3,000 for him to see "Eat, Pray, Love."

- It would take over $10,000 for him to read "Eat, Pray, Love."

- He's never been to Israel, because the flight to get there is too long.

- He hates every holiday, namely Halloween, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, New Years, Christmas, Valentine's Day ("I'd like to take a shit on Valentine's Day"), and the Jewish High Holy Days. (He does not mind Memorial Day or Columbus Day.)

- He keeps his romantic life private. An audience member asks him who his dream girl would be, and he declines to answer.

- Favorite bagel: Used to be the everything bagel, but is currently sesame.

- He thinks comedians with beards are pretentious and doesn't think they're funny.

- The only reason Garlin knew Larry liked him when they met was because Larry didn't openly detest him.

- His favorite new addition to "Curb" is J.B. Smoove.

- He was prepared to quit "Seinfeld" if NBC didn't let them make "The Contest."

- He once worked as a limo driver, and one time, two men engaged in oral sex while he was driving them. (Larry didn't interrupt.)
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: If you haven't listened to this podcast yet, do so. So funny!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 74247.html

23 Larry David Facts Revealed On Jeff Garlin's Podcast

Larry David was the inaugural guest on Jeff Garlin's new Earwolf podcast "By the Way: In Conversation with Jeff Garlin." The two "Curb Your Enthusiasm" stars are close in real life, and David lets his guard down for the rare candid interview in which he opens up about areas of his private life.

But the most entertaining part about the interview is learning that the character of Larry David from "Curb" is evidently not much of a stretch from the real-life Larry David. (Which we sort of already knew when a video of Larry getting angry at a parking garage circulated a while back.)

We highly recommend listening to Larry and Garlin's hour-plus chat, but for your convenience, we've selected the best 23 things that Larry revealed about himself throughout the conversation.

- He claims that he has never taken a photograph, or even owned a camera.

- He took piano lessons and learned the introduction to "Rhapsody in Blue," but gave it up.

- He vehemently hates listening to music to relax. (He prefers crossword puzzles.)

- His current obsession is Turner Classic Movies.

- His favorite TV show of all time is "Sgt. Bilko."

- He normally loves "American Idol," but hasn't been watching this season.

- He loves movies and TV shows set in high school, such as "Mean Girls" and "Degrassi."

- He has never been inside JC Penney.

- He's never put money in a jukebox, and does not understand why anybody would.

- He essentially sums up his philosophy: "Everybody's full of shit all the time. It's hard to get along in this world, and that's the way to do it."

- Rather than take offense, he was relieved that Garlin didn't invite him to his son's bar mitzvah.

- "It's possible that I said [going to synagogue] wasn't as bad as I thought. But it's impossible that I said I'm glad I went."

- It would take $3,000 for him to see "Eat, Pray, Love."

- It would take over $10,000 for him to read "Eat, Pray, Love."

- He's never been to Israel, because the flight to get there is too long.

- He hates every holiday, namely Halloween, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, New Years, Christmas, Valentine's Day ("I'd like to take a shit on Valentine's Day"), and the Jewish High Holy Days. (He does not mind Memorial Day or Columbus Day.)

- He keeps his romantic life private. An audience member asks him who his dream girl would be, and he declines to answer.

- Favorite bagel: Used to be the everything bagel, but is currently sesame.

- He thinks comedians with beards are pretentious and doesn't think they're funny.

- The only reason Garlin knew Larry liked him when they met was because Larry didn't openly detest him.

- His favorite new addition to "Curb" is J.B. Smoove.

- He was prepared to quit "Seinfeld" if NBC didn't let them make "The Contest."

- He once worked as a limo driver, and one time, two men engaged in oral sex while he was driving them. (Larry didn't interrupt.)
    Awesome!!!! :D
  • Options
    I was watching "The Car Salesman" this morning and the scene with the guy asking about GT-S was fucking hilarious.

"Guaranteed Tremendous Strength" :lol:
  • Options
    At least he admits he's lazy to do more.

https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/sta ... 8512752640

He also says to ask him in 6 months. Come on, Larry!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I need more Curb!!!!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I need more Curb!!!!
    We all do!