Options

Curb your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Any word if there will be a new season this summer? I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming not
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    LukinFan wrote:
    Any word if there will be a new season this summer? I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming not
    Definitely not this summer. I could be wrong but with the trend since season 5, probably (hopefully) next year. I saw this yesterday and it got me thinking if they are filming...

http://yfrog.com/j2n7ffbj
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Definitely not this summer. I could be wrong but with the trend since season 5, probably (hopefully) next year. I saw this yesterday and it got me thinking if they are filming...

http://yfrog.com/j2n7ffbj
    haha - that's awesome!

I could be wrong, but I thought there has been new seasons the past two summers. I know it's out of the norm for Curb to do this, but I'm almost sure it happened.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Season 7 of Curb was in the fall of 2009 and Season 8 was Summer of 2011. I know HBO renewed it for another season but I don't think we'll see it until at least 2013. I don't mind the wait either. The show if funny as hell. I'd rather them take their time and produce a quality show like always, rather than rush through it just for the sake of making it.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Season 7 of Curb was in the fall of 2009 and Season 8 was Summer of 2011. I know HBO renewed it for another season but I don't think we'll see it until at least 2013. I don't mind the wait either. The show if funny as hell. I'd rather them take their time and produce a quality show like always, rather than rush through it just for the sake of making it.
    Plus, Larry hates writing but he always gives us something terrific. If he needs help with it, he can give me a call.

If you look at the trend, Season 5 was the fall of 2005 and Season 6 was the fall of 2007.

I hope they do 2 more seasons to have have an even 100 episodes for the series.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    Plus, Larry hates writing but he always gives us something terrific. If he needs help with it, he can give me a call.

If you look at the trend, Season 5 was the fall of 2005 and Season 6 was the fall of 2007.

I hope so too. It is HBO's longest running show as well. It is easy, IMO, to have a successful show with Game of Thrones and True blood with complex story lines, sex, nudity, violence, and special effects. Lots to draw a wide audience. But Curb has pretty much none of that, just straight up comedy and it is a smashing success. It will go on as long as Larry wants to do it.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I don't see anything coming this year. Pretty sure they'd be advertising for summer and I'm pretty sure we would have gotten some filming info if they were to release fall or winter. I bet the earliest we could see is Summer/fall '13.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

I hope so too. It is HBO's longest running show as well. It is easy, IMO, to have a successful show with Game of Thrones and True blood with complex story lines, sex, nudity, violence, and special effects. Lots to draw a wide audience. But Curb has pretty much none of that, just straight up comedy and it is a smashing success. It will go on as long as Larry wants to do it.
    I agree, Larry probably has more power than the HBO execs because of "Seinfeld". That's my take. I also agree about Curb being a straight up comedy show without none of the fancy effects.
  • Options
    What I want to know is where the syndicated version went? Curb WAS on WGN, and a couple other networks not too long ago. Clearly, they had to cut a lot out....but I want to back damnit!! Instead we get Big Bang Theory??? Are you kiddi g me?!?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    What I want to know is where the syndicated version went? Curb WAS on WGN, and a couple other networks not too long ago. Clearly, they had to cut a lot out....but I want to back damnit!! Instead we get Big Bang Theory??? Are you kiddi g me?!?
    It was on TV Guide. I watched a few and it didn't feel the same. They definitely did cut a lot out because of commercials.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    It was on TV Guide. I watched a few and it didn't feel the same. They definitely did cut a lot out because of commercials.
    And curse words!! :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    And curse words!! :lol:
    :lol: Susie is not the same. "You four-eyed fuck!" is not the same on syndication.
  • Options
    “Let me explain something to you, moron, okay? Swan killers leave. People who aren't swan killers stay, have a little lunch, enjoy themselves, socialize, get to know the members. There's nothing wrong. Get it?”
  • Options
    Leon is definitely the black Kramer. Just finished watching this episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEetKVuVVqo

:lol:
  • Options
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/l ... ght-325732

Larry David to Star in Fox Searchlight Comedy To Be Directed By Greg Mottola (Exclusive)
    "The Dictator" co-writers Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel, who worked with David on "Seinfeld" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm," are penning the treatment with David for the improv-based project.

Larry David is ready to be a movie star.

The kvetching comedian, best known for creating and starring in HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm and co-creating NBC’s classic sitcom Seinfeld, is in negotiations to star in an untitled comedy that Greg Mottola is in negotiations to direct for Fox Searchlight.

David came up with the idea and is working with Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel, who worked with him on Seinfeld and Enthusiasm. There is no script but the funny men are working on a treatment for what will be a improv-based storyline, much like David’s acclaimed HBO show. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
    David is producing with Berg, Schaffer and Mandel along with Bradley Thomas.

Berg, Mandel and Schaffer have plenty of improv comedy experience. They co-wrote The Dictator with Sacha Baron Cohen and are also producers on the movie; they also worked on Baron Cohen’s Bruno. The duo is repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson. Mandel is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.

Mottola, repped by UTA, directed the hit comedy Superbad, which starred Jonah Hill and Michael Cera, as well as Paul, the sci-fi comedy featuring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. He just signed on to write with an eye to direct The Marriage Plot, an adaptation of a Jeffrey Eugenides novel that producer Scott Rudin is developing at Columbia.

WME-repped David is a comedic tour de force in the TV world, but despite a three decade career, he has largely stayed out of the feature film world. He recently cameoed in the Farrelly Brothers’ Three Stooges movie and starred in the 2009 Woody Allen movie Whatever Works.
  • Options
    "Alton's here!" :lol:
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Larry!
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So whens it coming back?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    So whens it coming back?
    Nothing yet. Hoping we hear something about it soon.
  • Options
    Looks like we may have to wait for another season of Curb.

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/insi ... ition=also

Will Larry David be hamming it up in Boston?

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” crank Larry David has been cutting quite a swath through metro Boston this week, and wethinks we know why!

The part-time Vineyarder is getting ready to make a new flick with “Mad Men” hottie Jon Hamm and it appears he is thinking of shooting some of it in Mass. Yipppeeeee!

The “Seinfeld” Svengali, “Superbad” director Greg Mottola and a couple of assistants wandered into Woodman’s, the famous fried clam shack in Essex, the other day and looked to be scoping it out for possible film scenes.

“They walked to the back room where Adam Sandler shot the dinner scene in ‘Grown Ups’ and took some pictures,” said Someone Who Was There. “Larry walked back and forth a few times then walked out the side door. They then took some more pictures. Larry walked back in with the two women, one had a book that looked like location log or something, in a blue binder.”

Now in case you haven’t heard, Larry has put “Curb” on hiatus for a stretch to make an improv comedy flick that Mottola will direct. It is set to shoot this fall. David will star as a Larry David-like character, according to showbiz411.com, and Hamm will play his nemesis. Don Draper’s alter-ego has done some impressive comedy in “30 Rock” and on “Saturday Night Live,” and in “Bridesmaids,” too — and BTW, has made a movie here before, Ben Affleck’s “The Town.”

Needless to say, we would welcome Jon back with open arms!

But back to Woodman’s: “The kids working behind the counter knew something was up,” said our spywitness. “One of the girls asked (Mottola), who was bald in his early 30s, if he was Larry David. The two women and Larry laughed, and (Mottola) said, ‘No but I get asked that a lot.’ Larry then said, “He isn’t Larry but he knows him very well.’”

Woodman’s must have given David a hankering for seafood, because apres scouting he hit the Island Creek Oyster Bar in Kenmore Square for dinner.

“He looked exactly like his persona on TV and acted similar to his character on the show,” said another table tipster. “My friends actually thought he was a jerk when we talked to him. Then I said, ‘No, not a jerk, that is just how he is on the show! He handles everything awkward and leaves everyone feeling mad at him!!!’ ”

That night Larry hooked up with “Three Stooges” writer/director Bobby Farrelly and Seth MacFarlane’s manager John Jacobs and took in a screening of Seth’s new made-in-Boston comedy, “Ted.” (Which, we heard, was “pee your pants funny.”) Then the boys all repaired to Sonsie for cocktails.

All of which is pretty, pretty good ...
  • Options
    Richard Lewis says they may return for season 9.

http://www.huliq.com/10282/curb-your-en ... ncert-tour
  • Options
    Started re-watching this series again about a week ago. Just finished up season 1. Good lord I love this show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Started re-watching this series again about a week ago. Just finished up season 1. Good lord I love this show
    Beloved Aunt
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    good interview with JB Smoove (Leon) on the new WTF podcast.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    LukinFan wrote:
    That's a great idea. I don't see the replays on HBO that much anymore. DVD's here I come.

"Huge Vagina"
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I get HBO free for 3 months with my new Direct TV subscription. Got a chance to go back and watch the rest of last season.

That Michael J. Fox episode was hilarious.

Still, for my money, the episode about the "Survivor" is the best one. Genius.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    good interview with JB Smoove (Leon) on the new WTF podcast.
    Got a link to it?
  • Options
    Hands down the funniest episode of the whole series is the one where he is working with David Scwimmer on The Producers broadway play. He has the heart monitor connected due to his excitement of seeing the nurse in the dr's office bent over when the Dr. is checking his heartbeat. Later he goes to leave an apology via cell phone on Schwimmer's dad's voicemail when he get's rear-ended in traffic. He leaves an accidental profanity laced tirade on the answering machine and when the guy gets out of the car with a baseball bat, Larry pulls up his shirt revealing the Haltar monitor on his heart and fakes a heart attack. :lol: There are so many funny episodes but that one stands out to me.

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    youngster wrote:
    Hands down the funniest episode of the whole series is the one where he is working with David Scwimmer on The Producers broadway play. He has the heart monitor connected due to his excitement of seeing the nurse in the dr's office bent over when the Dr. is checking his heartbeat. Later he goes to leave an apology via cell phone on Schwimmer's dad's voicemail when he get's rear-ended in traffic. He leaves an accidental profanity laced tirade on the answering machine and when the guy gets out of the car with a baseball bat, Larry pulls up his shirt revealing the Haltar monitor on his heart and fakes a heart attack. :lol: There are so many funny episodes but that one stands out to me.
    Ira Schwimmer and Health-Glo mixed nuts
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Ira Schwimmer and Health-Glo mixed nuts

:lol::lol: Yes. It was a riot.