Evidently my ideas aren't so crazy reguarding promotion

Comments

• I dont work for a label or band. But anything I post about my knowledge and experience in music, or lack there of, will never be taken seriously. The Champ and Decides2Dream and others have all revealed themselves to be people who require some sort of Doctorate certificate in music theory to

So, Champ, Decides 2 Dream, and others I called out, since you are so quick to call out my lack of credentials, please kindly post your own. Experience at labels and working with bands.

I assume you will be honest because by your own admissions, no one can be taken seriously or believed or whatnot, unless they have direct experiences working with bands or labels. So if you dont have said experience, I would apprevciate it if you shut the hell up. Take your own medicine
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    you know what, decides2dream, the champ and mookey, can shut the hell up!

You all posted on my original thread how PEARL JAM WOULD NEVER lower themselves to promote their music via tv promotions. You said it, I didnt.

Hey, what about the other guys ;) ? And please get your fucking facts straight before your internuts kick in. I did not post what you claim I did..I simply pointed out that 'Come Back' was featured in an extremely emotional scene in 'Friday Night Lights.'
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Either the band reads NO threads, or they read all threads. They sure as hell, dont pick and choose. "

That makes no sense. If they looked at a thread titled "Evidently my ideas aren't so crazy regarding promotion", they probably wouldn't read it because it might be self-serving bullshit. But if they stumbled upon something related to their music, like say for example (and I'm just picking a thread out of the air), my Stupid Mop thread, it might spark their curiosity. They might look at it and say "Wow, people actually care about Stupid Mop?" and give it a look.

They're not reading threads about:

- How Eddie smokes
    - Pics where Eddie looks like something
    - How they should handle the business end of things
    - Self-serving threads like this
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i haven't read this thread...but is that you mr gore?
    I dont work for a label or band. But anything I post about my knowledge and experience in music, or lack there of, will never be taken seriously. The Champ and Decides2Dream and others have all revealed themselves to be people who require some sort of Doctorate certificate in music theory to

So, Champ, Decides 2 Dream, and others I called out, since you are so quick to call out my lack of credentials, please kindly post your own. Experience at labels and working with bands.

I never claimed to be an expert in anything..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Either the band reads NO threads, or they read all threads. They sure as hell, dont pick and choose. "

That makes no sense. If they looked at a thread titled "Evidently my ideas aren't so crazy regarding promotion", they probably wouldn't read it because it might be self-serving bullshit. But if they stumbled upon something related to their music, like say for example (and I'm just picking a thread out of the air), my Stupid Mop thread, it might spark their curiosity. They might look at it and say "Wow, people actually care about Stupid Mop?" and give it a look.

- How Eddie smokes

Actually it does make sense. People always love to act like they are doing something the band loves. People dilude themselves into thinking Ed reads the Setlist threads or something. I have seen it, as recently as a few days ago. Yet, no one bats an eye. I SPECIFICALLY said, I didnt think they read my thread, and then what the hell do people do, but post "HOW COULD YOU SUGGEST THE BAND READS YOUR THREAD!?". I mean come on!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Whaddya say everyone have a nice cup of shut the fuck up and enjoy the music.

What right do you have to tell us what to drink? Are you some sort of master mixoligist with an advanced degree in Beverage studies?
  • The Champ wrote:
    I dont work for a label or band. But anything I post about my knowledge and experience in music, or lack there of, will never be taken seriously. The Champ and Decides2Dream and others have all revealed themselves to be people who require some sort of Doctorate certificate in music theory to

No but you and others posted stuff about my job, and acted like that somehow negated any knowledge I claimed to have. So what I used to work in a grocery store? How is any of that pertinant to the conversation? It has NO GODDAMN bearing at all
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Whaddya say everyone have a nice cup of shut the fuck up and enjoy the music.

i like this.

:)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    edited November 2009
    Either the band reads NO threads, or they read all threads. They sure as hell, dont pick and choose. "

- How Eddie smokes

Actually it does make sense. People always love to act like they are doing something the band loves. People dilude themselves into thinking Ed reads the Setlist threads or something. I have seen it, as recently as a few days ago. Yet, no one bats an eye. I SPECIFICALLY said, I didnt think they read my thread, and then what the hell do people do, but post "HOW COULD YOU SUGGEST THE BAND READS YOUR THREAD!?". I mean come on!

They're just picking on you because you said that you took satisfaction in the fact that the band has begun using their music in TV shows....but they've been doing that for like 5 years. So everyone is just giving you a hard time because you had your facts mixed up.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    The Champ wrote:

You all posted on my original thread how PEARL JAM WOULD NEVER lower themselves to promote their music via tv promotions. You said it, I didnt.

Hey, what about the other guys ;) ? And please get your fucking facts straight before your internuts kick in. I did not post what you claim I did..I simply pointed out that 'Come Back' was featured in an extremely emotional scene in 'Friday Night Lights.'

Don't try to spread the blame!
  • \

Actually it does make sense. People always love to act like they are doing something the band loves. People dilude themselves into thinking Ed reads the Setlist threads or something. I have seen it, as recently as a few days ago. Yet, no one bats an eye. I SPECIFICALLY said, I didnt think they read my thread, and then what the hell do people do, but post "HOW COULD YOU SUGGEST THE BAND READS YOUR THREAD!?". I mean come on![/quote]

They're just picking on you because you said that took satisfaction in the fact that the band has begun using their music in TV shows....but they've been doing that for like 5 years. So everyone is just giving you a hard time because you had your facts mixed up.[/quote]

Could be, but my point is that I posted a thread about the band doing more stuff like this, and was blasted to hell for it, similar to this current thread. People literally said "no way in hell would the band do that". Thats what I am having trouble figuring out. Songs have appeared on Friends, Cold Case, Scrubs, FNL and so on, yet people forgot that in the discussion a week ago, when I said the band should be doing more of that. Why didnt people say "they have been doing that for years".
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Either the band reads NO threads, or they read all threads. They sure as hell, dont pick and choose.

i don't read every thread.......

i don't not read any threads......

hmm, what does that make me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Champ wrote:

No but you and others posted stuff about my job, and acted like that somehow negated any knowledge I claimed to have. So what I used to work in a grocery store? How is any of that pertinant to the conversation? It has NO GODDAMN bearing at all

You are absolutely correct for once! Your know-it-all threads/posts obviously annoy many, so I just felt like throwing that in for good measure ;) .....so why did you feel the need to start a new thread instead of posting in your original, if not for gloating purposes? Of course, no rational person could gloat over something like this, because there is absolutely nothing to gloat about, but somehow you still managed..congrats..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Could be, but my point is that I posted a thread about the band doing more stuff like this, and was blasted to hell for it, similar to this current thread. People literally said "no way in hell would the band do that". Thats what I am having trouble figuring out. Songs have appeared on Friends, Cold Case, Scrubs, FNL and so on, yet people forgot that in the discussion a week ago, when I said the band should be doing more of that. Why didnt people say "they have been doing that for years".

Well I haven't read the first thread (though I did leave a passing post about how I couldn't believe the band didn't release Got Some as a single) but I could understand that that would be frustrating.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Why didnt people say "they have been doing that for years".

You have very selective reading apparently because I along with many posted exactly about this. I didn't even get into any of the other nonsense you went on about. Thus, why I didn't understand what you could possibly be gloating about when obviously they've been and are fully aware of this type of promotion..get it? That's as far as I go with this..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Don't try to spread the blame!
    have a nice cup of shut the fuck up and enjoy the music.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • To the person who posted about the non influence of Rolling Stone and Spin, you are wrong sir. In the late 60's through the 80's, maybe even to 1994 or so, Rolling Stone was a major force in shaping the music industry and what was considered cool. The reviews of records by bands, has far reaching effects.

Secondly the crux of the whole issue, revolves around people who tore me apart for suggesting the band promoted backspacer in a poor way, and thus lost sales, and money. Far be it from me, to want the band to succeed. I know its a god awful thing to want.

So I suggested the band take the tunes to a tv show. Backspacer to my knowledge has NOT been used on any tv shows as of yet, the Flash Forward show has yet to air, so the fact that the band promoted old songs that way has no bearing on the issue. The band didnt promote Backspacer via tv. Thats a fact.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Either the band reads NO threads, or they read all threads. They sure as hell, dont pick and choose.

Are you serious?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • The Champ wrote:

You have very selective reading apparently because I along with many posted exactly about this. I didn't even get into any of the other nonsense you went on about. Thus, why I didn't understand what you could possibly be gloating about when obviously they've been and are fully aware of this type of promotion..get it? That's as far as I go with this..

You have selective reading as well my friend. My original post a week ago, wasnt "The band promoted their previous albums wrong", and the main post didnt talk about Ten, versus, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, or Riot act or Avocado. The title of my post was "the band promoted Backspacer wrong". The band cant change how they promoted Yield. Thats over and done. They could change how they promote Backspacer.

So yeah, its a two way selective reading street buddy!

So I suggested the band take the tunes to a tv show. Backspacer to my knowledge has NOT been used on any tv shows as of yet, the Flash Forward show has yet to air, so the fact that the band promoted old songs that way has no bearing on the issue. The band didnt promote Backspacer via tv. Thats a fact.

backpedaling3.jpg
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Well its an odd way of promoting it, they are doing it, and thats good, I am happy, but why didnt they do it, at the start of September when the new shows were coming back from break? Why in mid November start doing it? Shouldnt it have been timed to the release?

The point is, the band WAS NOT promoting backspacer via tv prior to my thread, and now they are. I dont get the issue
    You have selective reading as well my friend. My original post a week ago, wasnt "The band promoted their previous albums wrong", and the main post didnt talk about Ten, versus, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, or Riot act or Avocado. The title of my post was "the band promoted Backspacer wrong". The band cant change how they promoted Yield. Thats over and done. They could change how they promote Backspacer.

No it's not. I posted about 'Come Back' being featured on 'Friday Night Lights,' which was on Avocado. I did so to point out that the band and their competent staff are fully aware of this option for promotion. The below is from your original thread, where you specifically mentioned Avocado, which also happens to be the album 'Come Back' is on. Okay..
    Its clear, for Avocado and Backspacer, the band, explicitly were hoping that these records would sell big numbers, and the press and marketing for both records reflected that.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I dont get the issue

I feel for you, I really do ;) ..have a good weekend..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

No it's not. I posted about 'Come Back' being featured on 'Friday Night Lights,' which was on Avocado. I did so to point out that the band and their competent staff are fully aware of this option for promotion. The below is from your original thread, where you specifically mentioned Avocado, which also happens to be the album 'Come Back' is on. Okay..
    Its clear, for Avocado and Backspacer, the band, explicitly were hoping that these records would sell big numbers, and the press and marketing for both records reflected that.

From my "View your posts"on my account, the title of my original thread was "The band promoted Backspacer wrong, made little sense". Thats verbatim, word for word.
  • The Champ wrote:

From my "View your posts"on my account, the title of my original thread was "The band promoted Backspacer wrong, made little sense". Thats verbatim, word for word.

I didnt talk about how the band promoted any of those albums. They thread was about Backspacer. Are you really that idiotic as to try and act all selective? Why not post the title of my thread when you were quoting from that same thread? Was it that much trouble to do that?
  • The Champ wrote:

jerk
    The Champ wrote:
    Why didn't you answer this guy, and others in your old thread before starting a new one? He is still waiting..
    joewalshdc wrote:
    dude is any of this tongue in cheek? Can i ask, are you a professional recording artist? I have read none of the replies to your original post, ive purely read your post. Some of it seems to me like your taking the piss....are you? If you are making serious points, I want to know are you a professional recording artist. Do you tour/release records for a living? Have you read all the comments by Pearl Jam band members about this deal with Target. I am a professional recording artist. I too have had to think about new and original ways to release our singles/records/videos...If indeed you are trying to make serious arguments here, i really cant see how your line of thinking would sell anything...i cant agree with your questioning of the Backspacer strategy, I think most recording artists would love to see $4-$5 of every unit sold. I KNOW everyone of us would LOVE TO OWN OUR OWN MASTERS. I dont know of any major chain that would let the masters revert to the band, allow selling on through independent sources and release a fan club only edition. If in fact you are an artist, do you own any of your masters? Bruce Springsteen doesnt even own his. I look forward interestingly to your reply.

And for fuck's sake, two threads now and you still haven't answered this guy..he was patiently awaiting your reply and instead you ignored the poor guy and decided to start a thread in which everyone is having a go at you, that you still apparently don't understand the reason for ;) ...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    I dont get the issue

I feel for you, I really do ;) ..have a good weekend..

I feel for you too,
  • The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    Why didn't you answer this guy, and others in your old thread before starting a new one? He is still waiting..
    joewalshdc wrote:
    dude is any of this tongue in cheek? Can i ask, are you a professional recording artist? I have read none of the replies to your original post, ive purely read your post. Some of it seems to me like your taking the piss....are you? If you are making serious points, I want to know are you a professional recording artist. Do you tour/release records for a living? Have you read all the comments by Pearl Jam band members about this deal with Target. I am a professional recording artist. I too have had to think about new and original ways to release our singles/records/videos...If indeed you are trying to make serious arguments here, i really cant see how your line of thinking would sell anything...i cant agree with your questioning of the Backspacer strategy, I think most recording artists would love to see $4-$5 of every unit sold. I KNOW everyone of us would LOVE TO OWN OUR OWN MASTERS. I dont know of any major chain that would let the masters revert to the band, allow selling on through independent sources and release a fan club only edition. If in fact you are an artist, do you own any of your masters? Bruce Springsteen doesnt even own his. I look forward interestingly to your reply.

And for fuck's sake, two threads now and you still haven't answered this guy..he was patiently awaiting your reply and instead you ignored the poor guy and decided to start a thread in which everyone is having a go at you, that you still apparently don't understand the reason for ;) ...

Where are your credentials? I will post my credentials if you do the same. If you havent worked for or with a band or label, you cant legitimately talk about business and music promotion. Those are your standards and I expect you to abide by them. So are you willing to talk about your extensive expertise in the industry?
This discussion has been closed.