Pearl Jam and ticket prices.

Comments

And people wonder how I can go see the same band four nights in one week.

That's why.

WORD!!!!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Im going to see U2 for the first and probably only time at the new Giants stadium. My tickets cost like $92 a pop. Im in the middle level of the stadium, but right next to the stage.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    for the $250 tickets range for U2, they are donating a portion of the money to charities. I paid $115 after fees for my ticket at gillette and it was worth every penny

For $80 a ticket Pearl Jam are donating a portion to charity too. It still doesn't justify a $250 price tag!

Bono is a huge hypocrite! He want's the wealthy nations to help the 3rd world nations, but he will go out of his way to avoid paying taxes to Ireland! He's just as bad as the greedy corporate CEO's.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • "U250"
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Apart from the not paying taxes in Ireland bullshit,this band sells you very expensive tickets in November for a show the following July.
    A full 8 months!!
    Sure it sounds great to give a portion of the ticket price to charity,but think of the interest they make holding all that cash for 8 months.
    U2 and Bono are sneaky bastards.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    for the $250 tickets range for U2, they are donating a portion of the money to charities. I paid $115 after fees for my ticket at gillette and it was worth every penny

Only some of the profits from the RED ZONE seats proceeds are being donated to charity , not all of the $250 seats. The RED ZONE seats were auctioned off , some of them went for more then $250 and the RED ZONE with the backstage tour went for well over $1000! Also, U2 was selling VIP packages for around $500 !!
    RoughMix wrote:
    Apart from the not paying taxes in Ireland bullshit,this band sells you very expensive tickets in November for a show the following July.
    A full 8 months!!
    Sure it sounds great to give a portion of the ticket price to charity,but think of the interest they make holding all that cash for 8 months.
    U2 and Bono are sneaky bastards.

Yep, its obscene to sell tickets 8 month in advance, it is just a cash grab.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Sorry to the U2 faithful, but Bono and the band are a bunch of hypocrites. They want to fight world hunger yet they spent almost a million dollars a day just for their stage set up.

Now, - the last U2 tour went from 6/30 - 10/28, or 120 days. At $750,000 per day, they are spending $90,000,000 dollars in 4 months just to employ people to lug around their 100 foot claw. When Bono is lobbying governments to essentially tax their citizens to cover a percentage of the country's GDP in order to help fight global hunger, how can you look at $90 million in expenses over a 4-month period and say that is justifiable?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I'd like to see the PJ ticket prices increase. I pay about $350 per ticket to see the Stones and this seems fair to me.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    voodoopug wrote:
    I'd like to see the PJ ticket prices increase. I pay about $350 per ticket to see the Stones and this seems fair to me.

I am curious as to your reasoning for higher PJ prices? Why in the world would you want to pay more for something you can have cheaper??
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    voodoopug wrote:
    I'd like to see the PJ ticket prices increase.

You must like getting kicked in the balls also :lol:
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • voodoopug wrote:
    I pay about $350 per ticket to see the Stones and this seems fair to me.

put down the pipe and back away from the crack!!!!!!!!!!!

$350. to see some reanimated corpses?? FUCK THAT!!!!!!!
  • $350 to see anybody. fuck that.

keep forking out the dough people. :roll:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• signed and confirmed....IM IN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • voodoopug wrote:
    I pay about $350 per ticket to see the Stones and this seems fair to me.

put down the pipe and back away from the crack!!!!!!!!!!!

$350. to see some reanimated corpses?? FUCK THAT!!!!!!!
    To pay this prce is alot,,but if u think that for come from Greece to see this show in the states will cost me 4000$ for 3-4 days the ticket price is like nothing to me..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I saw U2 at Giants Stadium in September... I paid $113.20 and I was in the nosebleeds, top tier. The ticket prices are insane but I went for Muse. I rocked out to Muse and ended up sitting for most of U2. I've now seen U2 6 times and they're nothing like they were in the 80s (when I first saw them). It's just a big spectacle, there's no passion, intensity, integrity, as far as I'm concerned... and Bono just shits me now. He is the essence of FIGJAM... Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me. I don't have a desire to see U2 live again... Muse blew them off the stage, anyway.

Also, apparently they have FOUR of those claw things!!! What a colossal waste of money and energy! If you need that many gimmicks...
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    pearl jam tickets are a very good price,got my wife a whitney houston houston ticket £113 cock bon jovi were selling at face value for over £350 what a joke!
    danny d
  • To pay this prce is alot,,but if u think that for come from Greece to see this show in the states will cost me 4000$ for 3-4 days the ticket price is like nothing to me..

yeah....but at least you're coming to see a band that is worth seeing! :mrgreen:

who wants to see a stage full of crypt keepers?? ;):lol:
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Tone wrote:
    I saw U2 at Giants Stadium in September... I paid $113.20 and I was in the nosebleeds, top tier. The ticket prices are insane but I went for Muse. I rocked out to Muse and ended up sitting for most of U2. I've now seen U2 6 times and they're nothing like they were in the 80s (when I first saw them). It's just a big spectacle, there's no passion, intensity, integrity, as far as I'm concerned... and Bono just shits me now. He is the essence of FIGJAM... Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me. I don't have a desire to see U2 live again... Muse blew them off the stage, anyway.

Also, apparently they have FOUR of those claw things!!! What a colossal waste of money and energy! If you need that many gimmicks...

I respectfully disagree.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    U2 may be sky high, but PJ is on it's way in that direction.

PJ's prices may not have been $250, but they're not exactly "cheap" either.
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    I respectfully disagree.

You can disagree, we all have different opinions.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Jeanwah wrote:

Pearl Jam ticket prices are cheaper then any major act I know of. Considering the show they put on its an absolute bargain. Factor in the best seats in the house are face value and in the fans hands, it doesnt get any better than that !!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Believe it or not I actually liked some of there earlier music (80's and some early 90's) BUT...they're just crap now lol
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Tone wrote:

I totally agree with you they are so full of gimmicks and crap i just wan't stripped down fucking ROCK&ROLL andn that is what we get with PJ .... :mrgreen::mrgreen: plus the best damm seats in the venue for just keeping up with my membership 8-)8-) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I totally agree with you they are so full of gimmicks and crap i just wan't stripped down fucking ROCK&ROLL andn that is what we get with PJ .... :mrgreen::mrgreen: plus the best damm seats in the venue for just keeping up with my membership 8-)8-) ..

Agree with you there :)
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    I've seen U2 once. 3/18/82 at the Ritz on a trip to NYC. Just picked them out of the Village Voice for something to do, not having heard of them much. Great show and probably was less than $20. Went home thinking those guys might actually become popular. And I loved their music through the 80's and early 90's. Just can't buy into them any more...too much hype and that post about taxes and the stage just sealed it for me.

I don't think PJ will ever rip off their fans like that. If they do, I'll be sad. I have only been to one PJ concert and we drove 850 miles to see them in Toronto 8/21/09 and paid a lot ($175 each) for our tickets because it was sold out but I was hellbent. An awesome trek and concert I will never forget. Still is in my head...they get into your head. So when I returned home I had to join this club. I bought the bootleg of the Toronto show and love being able to relive it. I hope that I can maybe get a better ticket price if they tour next year. I'll drive again to see them. It makes it hard though if they only list the tour locations a little at a time. Have they always done it that way? :? For example, I might end up driving to NYC when maybe they play Atlanta later, which would be closer. Since I have only been a member for a few months, how does that work? Will I be able to get tickets for sure? Decent seats?

Peace.
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • llove - for 6 posts only, that was a good one. :)

i joinned the ten club in 06 right before the tour and got real good seats. not front row but i was surprised how good they were considering how recent I joined.

Ten club doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be able to get fan club seats. But I’ve never had a problem getting them. you have to buy tickets when ten club sells them.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Damn straight Jose... gimme straight up good music, not gimmicks, lightshows and crazy stage setups! Get out there and just fucking rock! Do it with passion and integrity and if you can't do that without gimmicks... that tells me something and I'm not buying it anymore (and I used to really love U2). PJ, best band live on the planet. End of :D

Nice one llove ;) I saw U2 twice in '89 and it was amazing... they're not even close to that 80s band anymore. Molson was an amazing show... Toronto always delivers exceptional shows and welcome to the club :D
  • To pay this prce is alot,,but if u think that for come from Greece to see this show in the states will cost me 4000$ for 3-4 days the ticket price is like nothing to me..

yeah....but at least you're coming to see a band that is worth seeing! :mrgreen:

who wants to see a stage full of crypt keepers?? ;):lol:
    :D sure does..and see u too my friend,,dont forget that..and this is priceless :o8-)
  • jrnyc wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Pearl Jam ticket prices are cheaper then any major act I know of. Considering the show they put on its an absolute bargain. Factor in the best seats in the house are face value and in the fans hands, it doesnt get any better than that !!

Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Metallica all cheaper than Pearl Jam