Pearl Jam and ticket prices.

SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
edited November 2009 in The Porch
U2 tickets just went on sale in Philly. Fucking 250 a pop! Face value! Are you kidding me!

I pray PJ nevers... NEVER... does that to their fans.

How can U2 feel good about themselves, charging their fans, $250 dollars a ticket!!!!

Disgraceful!
"I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Thats U2 for ya. Im sure it will never happen with Pearl Jam
  • That is ridiculous. And U2 basically plays the same setlist every night too.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • I was searching for U2 tickets at Giants Stadium and pulled up rear view seats for that $250 price. That's an absolute joke. :evil:
    6-25-2008 MSG
    10-31-2009 Spectrum
    5-18-2010 Newark
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    somebody has to pay for that massive monstrosity they're calling a stage these days
  • that is just one price point, you can get tickets for as little as $35. GA on the floor is $55.
    SKELLER wrote:
    U2 tickets just went on sale in Philly. Fucking 250 a pop! Face value! Are you kidding me!

How can U2 feel good about themselves, charging their fans, $250 dollars a ticket!!!!

Disgraceful!
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    that is just one price point, you can get tickets for as little as $35. GA on the floor is $55.
    SKELLER wrote:

Disgraceful!

I love U2 but the ticket prices are out of control. $250 for a seat is insane, especially for a stadium show where even the best seats are not that close to the stage. They are charging $250 for lower level seats at far end zone and even some 200 levels. Also, seats in the Upper Level about a mile from the stage are $95 :(!

Yes, they did offer $35 seats, but that is a very small % of seats. The $55 seats are GA and they get scooped up very fast.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Kanye East wrote:
    That is ridiculous. And U2 basically plays the same setlist every night too.

If someone goes to just one U2 show, who cares?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    SKELLER wrote:

Disgraceful!

I wouldn't pay $2.00 to see U2 and hear their shit fucking music!!!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • you'd have to pay me way more than $250. to go see those douche bags!! god i hate Bono...what happened to them? :wtf: they were really good when they first came out....now they are a bunch of ball lickers!
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    you'd have to pay me way more than $250. to go see those douche bags!! god i hate Bono...what happened to them? :wtf: they were really good when they first came out....now they are a bunch of ball lickers!

Exactly!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • whatever, then don't go.
    you'd have to pay me way more than $250. to go see those douche bags!! god i hate Bono...what happened to them? :wtf: they were really good when they first came out....now they are a bunch of ball lickers!
  • Dude all the $250 tickets were for club box. The majority were $95 & $55. Chill out. Not justifying $250 which is ridiculous but the $250 are a small minority of tickets being sold.
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    greggv19 wrote:
    Dude all the $250 tickets were for club box. The majority were $95 & $55. Chill out. Not justifying $250 which is ridiculous but the $250 are a small minority of tickets being sold.

Guess again, at the Meadowlands I was trying to pull seats, it seems all the seats on the lower level from side of stage all the way to far end zone were $250, before TM ripoff charges. There were also second level seats that were $250, that is not a small % of the stadium.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    greggv19 wrote:
    Dude all the $250 tickets were for club box. The majority were $95 & $55. Chill out. Not justifying $250 which is ridiculous but the $250 are a small minority of tickets being sold.

The gig in Spain will set you back £150 a ticket for not so decent seats so I think they are con merchants and also they are shit so lets just leave it at that lol
  • Im seeing them in Toronto at the Rogers Centre(Skydome)... Im sitting head on, 10 rows back behind home plate in the first level... i paid 95 a ticket.... which in all isnt too bad in this day age. Still pricey to be sure but really only 30 or so more than pearl jam. and actually 10 bucks cheaper than what i paid to see Bruce a couple years ago. I am seeing Matt Good at the NAC(Ottawa) 4th row this December for 35 bucks.
  • Werent the superbox seats at the spectrum $225? I think they included beer and drink but the price was still outrageous. I think they charged more for the Halloween show.
  • whatever, then don't go.

awwwwwwwwwwww..did i hurt the U2 fans feelings?!?!?! :twisted:
  • No, I don't care if you like them or not. I am just saying that you don't have to go. You can't hurt my feelings, sorry!
    whatever, then don't go.

awwwwwwwwwwww..did i hurt the U2 fans feelings?!?!?! :twisted:
  • U2 Sucks.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    Im born and raised in Dublin. i hate U2.They always trying to take every last cent from your pocket. do you know that the U2 brand name has its headquarters in amsterdam so they dont have to pay any tax!!! and ireland is in a big recession. bono also moved out of dublin for tax reasons. he always goes on about being irish but he contributed nothing to ireland. he should be put up against a wall and s..t. how dare they charge that for a live show. Paul Heuson you shpuld be ashamed, but you sit in your big mansion in New York and watch you money roll in. Tahts my 2 cents folks. i just cant stand him and all his pontification. :lol:

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • No, I don't care if you like them or not. I am just saying that you don't have to go. You can't hurt my feelings, sorry!

hahahahahahahaha.....your board name should be "sensitive in Seattle" :lol::lol:
  • you make no sense. My feelings aren't hurt by your comments. Sorry.
    No, I don't care if you like them or not. I am just saying that you don't have to go. You can't hurt my feelings, sorry!

hahahahahahahaha.....your board name should be "sensitive in Seattle" :lol::lol:
  • you make no sense. My feelings aren't hurt by your comments. Sorry.
    No, I don't care if you like them or not. I am just saying that you don't have to go. You can't hurt my feelings, sorry!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Let us be glad that ticket prices do not correlate with quality of music and greatness of the band.

Otherwise, PJ shows would be affordable only for zillionaires.

(I'm so old I paid $8.50 to see Bob Dylan & The Band at the Spectrum in.... oh, sometime in the 70s.)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Kanye East wrote:
    That is ridiculous. And U2 basically plays the same setlist every night too.
    If my calculations are correct, over the course of the four Philly shows, we heard 106 different songs. Some of them were repeated, but not many.

That's amazing. And people wonder how I can go see the same band four nights in one week.

That's why.
  • U2 tickets have been in the $250 range for a while. pearl jam's ticket prices have gone up each tour. you really dont think that in the next 10 yrs we'll see pj tickets be at about $200? come on.
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    for the $250 tickets range for U2, they are donating a portion of the money to charities. I paid $115 after fees for my ticket at gillette and it was worth every penny
  • yeah...U2 blows almost as much as Nirvana :lol:
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • StevieG wrote:
    SKELLER wrote:

Disgraceful!

I wouldn't pay $2.00 to see U2 and hear their shit fucking music!!!!!

dit-fucking-to
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    eboweddie wrote:
    Im born and raised in Dublin. i hate U2.They always trying to take every last cent from your pocket. do you know that the U2 brand name has its headquarters in amsterdam so they dont have to pay any tax!!! and ireland is in a big recession. bono also moved out of dublin for tax reasons. he always goes on about being irish but he contributed nothing to ireland. he should be put up against a wall and s..t. how dare they charge that for a live show. Paul Heuson you shpuld be ashamed, but you sit in your big mansion in New York and watch you money roll in. Tahts my 2 cents folks. i just cant stand him and all his pontification. :lol:

Yeah, this is real shady of them to pull shit like this! You can be as charitable as you want to be, but why not try paying your taxes to your homeland you greedy bastards! We all have to pay taxes, unless of course you can afford not to... Pathetic!!

As for the $250 tickets... all the lower level tickets I am pulling are $250, and the club boxes that are close to the stage are $250 as well, and these club boxes don't include food or beverage.

People complain that PJ doesn't have a tiered level of ticket prices, if they will be like this, I'll be happy paying the flat rate for any seat in the venue.

I like the music of U2, but the concerts do nothing for me.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?