2009 Cincinnati Bengals

Yield4NothingmanYield4Nothingman Posts: 61
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
6-2! First place and getting better by the week. This is the year Ocho gets a Super Bowl Ring. WHO DEY!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey man, you're from Rochester.

The Bills should make you want to shout.

God knows they make me want to shout, usually words that make my neighbors call the police.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • I am from Rochester but I never got on the Bills bandwagon. Typically the Bengals and Bills are usually in the same boat this time of year. So this is rare the Bengals are playing so well. When it comes to the Bills they don't give their fans a whole lot to get excited about except great tailgating. Maybe you'll be shouting positive things when they get Mike Vick next year.
  • Hahaha. I doubt Mike Vick could save this sinking ship. Besides, Philly's got him on their leash for two years. (No pun, forgive me) Old Man Wilson has no sense of reality left. He's a good man for bringing the team here and keeping them here after all these years, but I just don't see things getting better anytime soon with him around. It's a sad reality but it's most likely the only one.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Ocho was cracking me up with that dollar bill yesterday!
    "It's all happening"
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    WHO DEY !?!?!?!?

Having a running game for a change is making all the difference in the world.

Our D is aggressive, and our O looks tight. 6-2 on the year 4-0 in the division ! Bring on Pitsburgh !!!

After next week we have a pretty "light" schedule , so after game 12 we could be sitting pretty with 4 games left in the year !!

:D:D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    awwww ... how cute, a Bengals thread! Good luck to the Bengals! (said sincerely, really)

4053.jpg

_41502096_ickeywoods220.jpg

Esiason-Bengals.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    The higher the expectations, the harder they'll choke on them. It doesn't matter how you start, just how you finish. The Steelers know all about finishing. The Bungles? Not so much...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    The higher the expectations, the harder they'll choke on them. It doesn't matter how you start, just how you finish. The Steelers know all about finishing. The Bungles? Not so much...

they sure as hell knew how to "finish" off the Steelers a few weeks back didn't they ?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    jimed14 wrote:
    awwww ... how cute, a Bengals thread! Good luck to the Bengals! (said sincerely, really)

4053.jpg

Esiason-Bengals.jpg

so what ? there is a Eagles thread, a Bears thread, and a Giants thread. they all look like shit this year !

the Bengals are doing good, if you don't like the thread, you can stay out !! ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

so what ? there is a Eagles thread, a Bears thread, and a Giants thread. they all look like shit this year !

the Bengals are doing good, if you don't like the thread, you can stay out !! ;)

dude, again, I was being sincere. I love it. Some good ol' AFC North smack talk.

kimo von oelhoffen's hit was illegal!!!!! :)

I want to know ... where is the Saints thread!?!?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    the wolf wrote:
    they sure as hell knew how to "finish" off the Steelers a few weeks back didn't they ?
    Touche. But next week will be the true test. If they can beat the Steelers AND Ravens twice, that's huge for them. (I still see the wheels falling off come playoff time though...)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    Touche. But next week will be the true test. If they can beat the Steelers AND Ravens twice, that's huge for them. (I still see the wheels falling off come playoff time though...)

I agree. I kinda thought we would sweep the Steelers this year for some reason. The Ravens always scare me more than the Steelers, but after the Ravens sweep, I'm not so sure about a Steelers sweep.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    edited November 2009
    jimed14 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

dude, again, I was being sincere. I love it. Some good ol' AFC North smack talk.

kimo von oelhoffen's hit was illegal!!!!! :)

I want to know ... where is the Saints thread!?!?

Okay, sorry. It's rough being a Bengals fan, you kinda get used to having your guard up all the time :lol:

Yeah really ? No Saints thread is a bit of a shocker . I have Brees on my fantasy team :D
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

I agree. I kinda thought we would sweep the Steelers this year for some reason. The Ravens always scare me more than the Steelers, but after the Ravens sweep, I'm not so sure about a Steelers sweep.

I agree, it would be huge, and I know this does not matter in the end but the Steelers dominated the first game except for the final quarter. I don't see the offense and defense both colapsing again. The Bengals are playing very good right now, and the Steelers have a tough one tonight with some of their starters not playing. Can't look past the Broncos. Its good that Troy has had a lot of time to rest, I see him having a huge game tonight.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • If they can sweep both the Ravens and the Steelers this year then the Bengals have to start being in everyones AFC Championship conversation. I have never seen the Bengals look this complete and show this much heart. I think they have all the tools to go deep into January and possibly Feburary.
    If they can sweep both the Ravens and the Steelers this year then the Bengals have to start being in everyones AFC Championship conversation. I have never seen the Bengals look this complete and show this much heart. I think they have all the tools to go deep into January and possibly Feburary.

WHO DEY !

Bengals are for real this year ! I've been trying to everyone that this is a different Bengals squad this year !

5-0 in the division !!! 3 semi easy games coming up ! we could be playoff bound !!!

GO BENGALS !!!
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    nice win for the Bengals today ... tough place to win.

Division is in their control now ... let's see what they do with it.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    And both games without Palomalu, steelers still need to get things done. But WITH him different results for both games. That being said. Good Job Bungles. Nice to have a competing division for a change!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    And both games without Palomalu, steelers still need to get things done. But WITH him different results for both games. That being said. Good Job Bungles. Nice to have a competing division for a change!!!!

The Bengals defense was far more a factor to the Steelers losing than Palomalu being out. Has to be one of Roethlisberger's worst games this year.

jimed14 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

The Bengals defense was far more a factor to the Steelers losing than Palomalu being out. Has to be one of Roethlisberger's worst games this year.

lets not forget that the Bengals are missing two top D players too . ( Gethers and Odum )

that and they lost Benson in the 2nd quarter today. The Bengals were missing far more "key" players than the Steelers.

If the Steelers season and each game hinges on Palomalu being in the game, then they have far worse problems than Him actually being OUT of the game.

Steelers fans can make what ever excuse they want, when it comes down to it, the Bengals out played them in BOTH games.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    jimed14 wrote:

Q: what do you get if you sh*t in a golf bag?

A: Ickey Woods!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    facepalm2.jpg

• the wolf wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

lets not forget that the Bengals are missing two top D players too . ( Gethers and Odum )

that and they lost Benson in the 2nd quarter today. The Bengals were missing far more "key" players than the Steelers.

If the Steelers season and each game hinges on Palomalu being in the game, then they have far worse problems than Him actually being OUT of the game.

Steelers fans can make what ever excuse they want, when it comes down to it, the Bengals out played them in BOTH games.

They did not outplay them in either game. The defense collapsed in the first game, and the offense played their worst game since 2006 in this one. I'll give it to the Bengals, they won, and their defensive line played outstanding, but overall they did not outplay them. They can thank the Steelers secondary for dropped interceptions, and some of the worst offensive play calling I've seen, dropped touchdowns, dropped first down passes, etc. Steelers defense played fine without Polomalu. Benson would not have made a difference for the Bengals.

They did not outplay them in either game. The defense collapsed in the first game, and the offense played their worst game since 2006 in this one. I'll give it to the Bengals, they won, and their defensive line played outstanding, but overall they did not outplay them. They can thank the Steelers secondary for dropped interceptions, and some of the worst offensive play calling I've seen, dropped touchdowns, dropped first down passes, etc. Steelers defense played fine without Polomalu. Benson would not have made a difference for the Bengals.

I agree that the Steelers D are fine without Polomalu, they are tough, no two ways about it.

but to say, that Benson would not have made a difference is just wrong. First off, how do you KNOW that ?
    and second, Benson is at the top of the leauge in rushing !!! not the division, the entire NFL !! Him going down was a way bigger deal than the Steelers already awesome D not having Polomalu, and they still Won.

like i said before, the Bengals were missing far more "key" players than the Steelers, and the Bengals still won.

anyway, it's going to be interesting now to see how the division plays out, because both the Bengals and Steelers have some not so hard games coming up.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Also, I guess we just look at being "outplayed" different.

If the Steelers D just "collapsed" did that have nothing to do with the Bengals O line getting the push, giving Palmer time, and the play calling ?

If the D collapsed, it woldnt matter if the Bengals Offense was not playing above par.

as far as the dropped INT's , oh well. The Bengals didnt drop the INT's, so they outplayed them !

anyway, its going to be exciting down the stretch for both teams.

good luck.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

I agree that the Steelers D are fine without Polomalu, they are tough, no two ways about it.

but to say, that Benson would not have made a difference is just wrong. First off, how do you KNOW that ?
    and second, Benson is at the top of the leauge in rushing !!! not the division, the entire NFL !! Him going down was a way bigger deal than the Steelers already awesome D not having Polomalu, and they still Won.

like i said before, the Bengals were missing far more "key" players than the Steelers, and the Bengals still won.

anyway, it's going to be interesting now to see how the division plays out, because both the Bengals and Steelers have some not so hard games coming up.

Well, I say that because Benson did not make a difference in the first game and was doing nothing in this one before getting hurt. No back has done anything against the Steelers in two years, so I can say he probably would have done nothing. The Steelers have handled Peterson, Tomlinson, Forte, Johnson, Benson(already) this year. So in all likelihood, he would not have been a factor.

And if we want to get into players, the Steelers already were without Aaron Smith, one of the best D-line in the league and their best run stopper, and his backup as well. Timmons played with a hurt ankle. And Polamalu who is better than any Bengals Defender, and the defense still played well. So not many more, if any, key players.

And I said the Bengals did what they had to do, not make mistakes and let the Steelers make them. But anyone watching had to admit, the Bengals benefited more from what the Steelers did not do than what they did. Just annoys me to watch them throw another game away on mistakes.
    the wolf wrote:

Well, I say that because Benson did not make a difference in the first game and was doing nothing in this one before getting hurt. No back has done anything against the Steelers in two years, so I can say he probably would have done nothing. The Steelers have handled Peterson, Tomlinson, Forte, Johnson, Benson(already) this year. So in all likelihood, he would not have been a factor.

And if we want to get into players, the Steelers already were without Aaron Smith, one of the best D-line in the league and their best run stopper, and his backup as well. Timmons played with a hurt ankle. And Polamalu who is better than any Bengals Defender, and the defense still played well. So not many more, if any, key players.

And I said the Bengals did what they had to do, not make mistakes and let the Steelers make them. But anyone watching had to admit, the Bengals benefited more from what the Steelers did not do than what they did. Just annoys me to watch them throw another game away on mistakes.

trust me , i get you on throwing games away ! I have been a Bengals fan all my life :lol:

It just gets to me that no one is giving the Bengals any credit this year.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

If the Steelers D just "collapsed" did that have nothing to do with the Bengals O line getting the push, giving Palmer time, and the play calling ?

If the D collapsed, it woldnt matter if the Bengals Offense was not playing above par.

as far as the dropped INT's , oh well. The Bengals didnt drop the INT's, so they outplayed them !

good luck.

I won't even get into your holding of Harrison, but that is a weekly occurrence with all teams on him. Another dumb retaliation penalty on him hurt the Steerlers as well. But in the end the Steelers lost, the injuries are catching up and we are not making the plays as much as we did last year. Just frustrating to watch seeing how good they could be and then dumb play calling costing them a chance to win.

But I bet the Bengals would not want to play the Steelers a third time. ;)
    the wolf wrote:

good luck.

I won't even get into your holding of Harrison, but that is a weekly occurrence with all teams on him. Another dumb retaliation penalty on him hurt the Steerlers as well. But in the end the Steelers lost, the injuries are catching up and we are not making the plays as much as we did last year. Just frustrating to watch seeing how good they could be and then dumb play calling costing them a chance to win.

But I bet the Bengals would not want to play the Steelers a third time. ;)

I dont think any team would want to play another team a third time if you beat them already twice. Odds are that team would lose no matter how good or bad both teams are.

but as a fan, i would kinda like to see these two teams meet again in the playoffs.

we'll see how it plays out. I think no matter what happens and whoever wins the division, that both of these teams are going to be in playoffs.

its going to be a fun season i think.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • It's been a fun season already. I still can't believe the game I watched today. It was just a war between these two teams. I have to say that Bengals are going to be tough for any team to beat down the stretch. The comment Marvin Lewis made about "being lucky enough to play them(Steelers) again this season" was cool. They look confident and tough and I think they can beat anybody.