I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

I have to laugh at the original $7.99 price sticker on this Vs album.

Edit - Ended up getting Ten and No Code for myself. Vitalogy is still there.

vitaligy og is worth it imo
    Does any one know the details about the two different Color shades on the OG. One is lighter and has no hype sticker 

both are E66900 

Sealed is on the right
    Ha.  Never noticed.  My two originals are also different shades,  same numbers. 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Unseal that fucker! Great pressing! One of my favorite PJ pressings. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

So one of my record store guys who knows my taste texted me earlier to say that he just bought a collection that had some sealed early 90s records. I ran over and he had four OG sealed Pearl Jam records. I have been wanting this one since I keep hearing that it sounds so much better than the reissue. I think I am going to crack this one open and play it. He also had No Code which I was considering but I already have the black reissue and the clear. I don’t need 3. He also had Ten and Vitalogy sealed as well. I am fine with the reissues of those so I only got Vs. If any of you want me to run back and get one of the others for you, let me know:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120

Vitalogy - $100

Edit - Ended up getting Ten and No Code for myself. Vitalogy is still there.

vitaligy og is worth it imo
    Does any one know the details about the two different Color shades on the OG. One is lighter and has no hype sticker 

both are E66900 

Sealed is on the right
    Ha.  Never noticed.  My two originals are also different shades,  same numbers. 

Hmm, will have to check mine out now....lol
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,708
    I just texted with my record store guy. He still has the sealed Vitalogy. He laughed when I said I was coming back for it. I think he secretly knew all along I was going to end up buying all four. He was just waiting for me to realize it :)
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ten- $300
    No Code - $120
    Vitalogy - $100

You're definitely going to enjoy an OG Vs. Big difference.  I'm sure Ten is similar, although I'm not willing to spend 3 bills on it.  I have too many copies that I never listen to.  Awesome offer and really cool record store.  
    The OG of Ten is worth it. Just my opinion. $300 was a helluva deal in fact 
    I know it is a great deal for Ten and I did consider it. But I rarely listen to the one I have now. I overplayed it when I was younger - even though I do love the songs. If he was selling it for the same $100-120 as the others, I may have gotten it. $300 is hard to put down for a record I don't listen to as much. Now I am thinking of No Code. For you experts is the OG worth it over the black and clear reissues I already have?

OG has the correct lyrics for Who You Are.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Vs and Vitalogy OG are far superior to the represses. I have a few copies of Ten, but not an OG, so can't compare.

No Code and Yield are close, but OG is still probably my preference. Binaural and RA are probably even closer and a toss up. ST is a different mix, and although it's still not a good mix, I prefer the OG
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    Vs and Vitalogy OG are far superior to the represses. I have a few copies of Ten, but not an OG, so can't compare.

No Code and Yield are close, but OG is still probably my preference. Binaural and RA are probably even closer and a toss up. ST is a different mix, and although it's still not a good mix, I prefer the OG
    This is 100 percent where I am minus riot act and binaural.  To me yield and no code are closest followed by those two. Either way those 4 are the closest to the originals

OG wins on every one, just by different margins.  ST is a mess either way. It’s really hard to consider better/worse with that one because there are major problems with both and saying one is the best kind of implies it’s the good one 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on

My lack of willpower when it comes to these things is astonishing. But now I have the first four albums OG pressings. Got them all sealed. Covers are immaculate. Good prices, I think. No regrets. 

The original price sticker was covered by the new one, but when I peeled that off I could see that it was originally $10.99. 
    GlowGirl said:

My lack of willpower when it comes to these things is astonishing. But now I have the first four albums OG pressings. Got them all sealed. Covers are immaculate. Good prices, I think. No regrets. 

The original price sticker was covered by the new one, but when I peeled that off I could see that it was originally $10.99. 
    Nice 

now you can do an a/b comparison on them all. That’s the best part 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pjpitt89 said:

This is exactly my take as well. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    GlowGirl said:

Awesome, you'll love it. WAY better than the reissue.
    edited June 2022
    pjpitt89 said:

I pretty much agree, however I still like No Code, Yield and Binaural OGs a lot better than the reissues. And to be honest RA is one that I haven't spun enough to tell a big difference with the reissue.

I really need to take a weekend and A/B all the OG pressings and reissues. It was actually kind of fun when I did it for Lo2L.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    GlowGirl said:

I highly suggest going to this link:
    https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/collections/12-inch-dual-pocket/products/4-mil-dual-pocket-lp-vinyl-record-outer-sleeves-resealable-crystal-clear-cpp-25-sleeves-to-a-pack

Pick up some of those sleeve protectors to protect those valuable records after you open them. Those 4mm resealable protectors look amazing and eliminate shelf-wear or ring wear on the sleeves. This guy has some great stuff for those of us who really geek out on record collecting. 

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

So good 
    GlowGirl said:

https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/collections/12-inch-dual-pocket/products/4-mil-dual-pocket-lp-vinyl-record-outer-sleeves-resealable-crystal-clear-cpp-25-sleeves-to-a-pack

Pick up some of those sleeve protectors to protect those valuable records after you open them. Those 4mm resealable protectors look amazing and eliminate shelf-wear or ring wear on the sleeves. This guy has some great stuff for those of us who really geek out on record collecting. 
    Thanks. I keep all my records in outer sleeves, but not sure they are 4mm. I will check them out. The record store sold them to me with protective sleeves also. Interestingly, there was one even on No Code. I couldn’t get any sleeves to fit my reissues of that. 
    edited June 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks. I keep all my records in outer sleeves, but not sure they are 4mm. I will check them out. The record store sold them to me with protective sleeves also. Interestingly, there was one even on No Code. I couldn’t get any sleeves to fit my reissues of that. 
      3 LP size fits it, if you ever need more.  It’s usually my go to size when it’s a thick or a slightly larger jacket. Otherwise most normal ones seem to be really tight 

There is a shop on eBay/Amazon. It’s called sleevie wonder. They sell sleeves is every size and thickness imaginable that fit everything I have in a non standard size/box set except vaults. 

I usually don’t do the sealed sleeves unless I’m keeping it sealed 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yea, there are sizes that fit oversized releases. I had to search them out, not sure where I found mine though.
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yea, there are sizes that fit oversized releases. I had to search them out, not sure where I found mine though.
    Same website has 13” dual pocket 4mm sleeve protectors as well. 
    They even have inserts for triple gatefold records and they can be combined for regular gatefolds so you can open them up… all protected. 

Great product.
    edited June 2022
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

They even have inserts for triple gatefold records and they can be combined for regular gatefolds so you can open them up… all protected. 

Great product.
    Ok that’s cool. 

A jacket that stays on all the time? Sign me up 

I watched the video and ordered. No idea if I have to pay customs or whatever from Canada 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great product.
    Ok that’s cool. 

A jacket that stays on all the time? Sign me up 

I watched the video and ordered. No idea if I have to pay customs or whatever from Canada 
    It’s more of a blood oath type of thing.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    GlowGirl said:

You inspired me to spin my OG Vitalogy this morning when I got up. Great stuff!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    GlowGirl said:

Did the same yesterday! Pretty sure the last LP I bought before that one in 1994 was a Pointer Sisters 45 of Jump in 1985. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    https://store.warnermusic.com/clockwork-angels-lp.html

For the fellow Rush fans, Clockwork Angels has been reissued. 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    GlowGirl said:

Did the same yesterday! Pretty sure the last LP I bought before that one in 1994 was a Pointer Sisters 45 of Jump in 1985. 
    That is a long time between purchases! Also quite a shift musically, but “Variety's the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavour.”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429

thank you. ordered.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    2007 Kevin Gray Remastered and pressed at RTI.
    mickeyrat said:

thank you. ordered.....

Right on mrat! I’m betting they will be rolling out 180g REs on all the Atlantic years titles, like the euro repress of The Vapour Trails remix earlier this year. Those flipper prices on the 2015 200g copies are outlandish. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    edited June 2022
    mickeyrat said:

thank you. ordered.....

Right on mrat! I’m betting they will be rolling out 180g REs on all the Atlantic years titles, like the euro repress of The Vapour Trails remix earlier this year. Those flipper prices on the 2015 200g copies are outlandish. 

need to look and see what I am missing..... snakes comes to mind.

frankly , regardless of label, they can rightly do represses of the back half, from signals on.

do wonder how they will handle 40th annv editions going forward.

edit, oh need quite a few to complete the catalog
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14