Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1570571573575576632

Comments

  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up the AP pet sounds 45rpm a few weeks back 

    sounds fantastic.  However on mine the stylus only catches the grooves when you drop the needle at the very outside edge of the lead in groove.  Anywhere else on the lead in groove or anywhere on the audio portion of the record and it plays on top of the grooves, a terrible scratching sound. It’s almost like the grooves are bent at such an angle the stylus can’t get in.  Once it’s in the grooves though it doesn’t play with any of the distortion I would expect with deformed grooves. 

    It’s the only record I’ve ever bought with this issue.  Been debating a return but it almost seems like a pressing issue so if that’s the case the replacement will probably be the same.  All 4 sides do it 


    I'd at least try to return it.  AP would likely send you a single record to replace the bad one, rather than you havnig to return the whole thing.  That has been what they have done for me whenever I had an issue. 
    It’s both records, both sides.

    it’s the weirdest thing. I’ve played it on two tables and played a ton of other stuff in the past few weeks so it’s not equipment issues.  It’s only these two records. 

    I’ll give them a call. I have zero complaints about how it actually sounds though. It’s just more of an inconvenience than anything to get it just right to make it play 


  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up the AP pet sounds 45rpm a few weeks back 

    sounds fantastic.  However on mine the stylus only catches the grooves when you drop the needle at the very outside edge of the lead in groove.  Anywhere else on the lead in groove or anywhere on the audio portion of the record and it plays on top of the grooves, a terrible scratching sound. It’s almost like the grooves are bent at such an angle the stylus can’t get in.  Once it’s in the grooves though it doesn’t play with any of the distortion I would expect with deformed grooves. 

    It’s the only record I’ve ever bought with this issue.  Been debating a return but it almost seems like a pressing issue so if that’s the case the replacement will probably be the same.  All 4 sides do it 


    I'd at least try to return it.  AP would likely send you a single record to replace the bad one, rather than you havnig to return the whole thing.  That has been what they have done for me whenever I had an issue. 
    It’s both records, both sides.

    it’s the weirdest thing. I’ve played it on two tables and played a ton of other stuff in the past few weeks so it’s not equipment issues.  It’s only these two records. 

    I’ll give them a call. I have zero complaints about how it actually sounds though. It’s just more of an inconvenience than anything to get it just right to make it play 


    That is very strange.  Never heard of such a thing. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
    On her site.  Red smoke vinyl.

    25 years and now on vinyl 👍
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
    On her site.  Red smoke vinyl.

    25 years and now on vinyl 👍
    I love this album.  When I went to see her in 97 I was pumped for her show and she played almost all of Plastic castles and was bummed...

    I also just cancelled my VMP account.  It doesn't do me any favors so oh well...
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
    On her site.  Red smoke vinyl.

    25 years and now on vinyl 👍
    I love this album.  When I went to see her in 97 I was pumped for her show and she played almost all of Plastic castles and was bummed...

    I also just cancelled my VMP account.  It doesn't do me any favors so oh well...
    In 97 my girlfriend at the time was obsessed with it and it was always on in her car. Pretty sure I stole the CD as I have it and I don’t remember buying it 

    it’s one of the few albums I remember very clearly the first time I heard it. 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
    On her site.  Red smoke vinyl.

    25 years and now on vinyl 👍
    I love this album.  When I went to see her in 97 I was pumped for her show and she played almost all of Plastic castles and was bummed...

    I also just cancelled my VMP account.  It doesn't do me any favors so oh well...
    In 97 my girlfriend at the time was obsessed with it and it was always on in her car. Pretty sure I stole the CD as I have it and I don’t remember buying it 

    it’s one of the few albums I remember very clearly the first time I heard it. 
    I was a fan of hers before this came out so when I did hear it I couldn't wait to see her live.  Out of Habit is such a great version on this.  She wails on that acoustic!!!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    I highly recommend Living in Clip to people that like music in general.  Great friggin album.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Preordered 

    GTFOOH!?!  Finally this gets a vinyl release!?!

    OMG where?  I am hoping on her site.

    Oh man this made my day!
    On her site.  Red smoke vinyl.

    25 years and now on vinyl 👍
    I love this album.  When I went to see her in 97 I was pumped for her show and she played almost all of Plastic castles and was bummed...

    I also just cancelled my VMP account.  It doesn't do me any favors so oh well...
    In 97 my girlfriend at the time was obsessed with it and it was always on in her car. Pretty sure I stole the CD as I have it and I don’t remember buying it 

    it’s one of the few albums I remember very clearly the first time I heard it. 
    I was a fan of hers before this came out so when I did hear it I couldn't wait to see her live.  Out of Habit is such a great version on this.  She wails on that acoustic!!!
    I’d never heard of her prior but yeah out of habit, that was one of the first songs I heard, I had to repeat it several times. After that, I was a fan 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2022
    I highly recommend Living in Clip to people that like music in general.  Great friggin album.
    This^^^. Been pretty selective on buying wax lately but this is a no-brainer
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,540
    tempo_n_groove said: Out of Habit is such a great version on this. She wails on that acoustic!!!
    Cropduster-80 said: I’d never heard of her prior but yeah out of habit, that was one of the first songs I heard, I had to repeat it several times. After that, I was a fan 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8PHe2GWLA
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    Pap said:
    tempo_n_groove said: Out of Habit is such a great version on this. She wails on that acoustic!!!
    Cropduster-80 said: I’d never heard of her prior but yeah out of habit, that was one of the first songs I heard, I had to repeat it several times. After that, I was a fan 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8PHe2GWLA
    This song is tattooed in my brain.  So a little backstory.  She stopped playing this for years.  It was her 19yo self and moved on from it.  Years later when she would tour she started asking people in the audience what they'd like to hear and to her amazement Out of Habit was constantly brought up. So she would play it.  You can see some of the newer renditions of it but nothing meets the ferocity on the version on Living in Clip.

    Enjoy everyone!
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 650

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,289

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    mickeyrat said:

    OG or VMP version?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,289
    mickeyrat said:

    OG or VMP version?

    2019 UMe reissue
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

    OG or VMP version?

    2019 UMe reissue
    I believe they are the same pressings.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,916
    Just arrived and I am SO looking forward to giving this a spin tonight when I have time to give it my full attention!  The Dream Syndicate, Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and Full Confessions:
    The Dream Syndicate - Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and True Confessions  Fire  Records

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Target and Amazon are running their buy 2 get 1 sale. Amazons options are limited as of today, may add more.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,289

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,053
    mickeyrat said:


    Awesome!  Love that album!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    mickeyrat said:

    I remember seeing RP on this tour at Great Woods.  I just kept repeating to anyone who passed by "That's Robert Plant, That's Robert Plant" and pointing like a idiot.

    I call him Bob now.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,353
    Lou Barlow and Company - Only Fading
    Limited lathe cut 7”, number 158/200


    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,373



    Picked up a first press Sid Sings with second version poster. Some mid ‘80s semi official Pistols releases, two rare New Zealand 12” Pistols , DOA War On 45  original UK, a recent Joe Strummer RSD, an original Anti- Pasti (a criminally underrated band), and a kick ass German comp that I’ve always wanted and have never seen before in the wild. Toxoplasma and Razzia are insanely good. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited June 2022
    We Were Born In A Flame - Sam Roberts.
    I am extremely excited about getting this!! This was one of my top albums of the 2000s probably, and I saw Sam Roberts a few times during that era (when he was at his best and had two really good releases in a row... before he created Sam Roberts Band). I feel kinda lucky to have scored it for $65CAD (NM-), given when this vinyl came out, and with this small-time band. Scarce product really. :smile:



    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,675
    PJ_Soul said:
    We Were Born In A Flame - Sam Roberts Band.
    I am extremely excited about getting this!! This was one of my top albums of the 2000s probably, and I saw Sam Roberts Band a few times during that era (when they were at their best and had two really good releases in a row). I feel kinda lucky to have scored it for $65CAD (NM-), given when this vinyl came out, and with this small-time band. Scarce product really. :smile:



    Wicked album! I remember seeing him open for the Hip when he just had the ep out. From then I’ve seen him probably well over five times. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited June 2022
    May 30th said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We Were Born In A Flame - Sam Roberts Band.
    I am extremely excited about getting this!! This was one of my top albums of the 2000s probably, and I saw Sam Roberts Band a few times during that era (when they were at their best and had two really good releases in a row). I feel kinda lucky to have scored it for $65CAD (NM-), given when this vinyl came out, and with this small-time band. Scarce product really. :smile:



    Wicked album! I remember seeing him open for the Hip when he just had the ep out. From then I’ve seen him probably well over five times. 

    Yeah, it was a good show! I saw him at the Commodore Ballroom each time, always great fun. I edited my post, realizing that this was the pre "Band" era, when the music was still good, ha. Next, Chemical City. His other great album.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,675
    PJ_Soul said:
    May 30th said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We Were Born In A Flame - Sam Roberts Band.
    I am extremely excited about getting this!! This was one of my top albums of the 2000s probably, and I saw Sam Roberts Band a few times during that era (when they were at their best and had two really good releases in a row). I feel kinda lucky to have scored it for $65CAD (NM-), given when this vinyl came out, and with this small-time band. Scarce product really. :smile:



    Wicked album! I remember seeing him open for the Hip when he just had the ep out. From then I’ve seen him probably well over five times. 

    Yeah, it was a good show! I saw him at the Commodore Ballroom each time, always great fun. I edited my post, realizing that this was the pre "Band" era, when the music was still good, ha. Next, Chemical City. His other great album.
    Chemical City is awesome too. Mind Flood love is great
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,916
    brianlux said:
    Just arrived and I am SO looking forward to giving this a spin tonight when I have time to give it my full attention!  The Dream Syndicate, Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and Full Confessions:
    The Dream Syndicate - Ultraviolet Battle Hymns and True Confessions  Fire  Records


    Finally found time to listen to this start to finish.  Fantastic! 
    This might be the best The Dream Syndicate album ever
    Side one is stellar.  Side two a little less so but excellent anyway and the way it finishes is out of this world. 
    As we used to say, far out!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 650

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
Sign In or Register to comment.