Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1549550551552554

Comments

  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 30,031
    Just purchased this.  If you are a punk rock fan then check these girls out.  Spit Boy is the band.  They were fast and energetic.

    Great music!

    https://dongiovannirecords.limitedrun.com/products/698205
    I recall you mentioned this band in the weakest link thread....made me remember that back when the headstones reformed and they were doing a pledgemusic drive, and they did an AMA, I asked what Hugh's favourite opening band was....he said Spitfist. I checked them out....all female punk rock band. not much recorded output, but you can find their EP on iTunes. you might dig it. 
    I wonder if Spitfist borrowed the name from Spitboy?  I don't think they were born yet though when they were around, lol.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 30,031

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Sevens! nice! mind I ask how much that set you back?
    $185! 
    I traded a Pitt 2013 for a Sevens...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,195

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Hell yes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 711
    mfc2006 said:

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Hell yes!
    Where did you score that NY deal?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,195
    garland09 said:
    mfc2006 said:

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Hell yes!
    Where did you score that NY deal?
    @2-feign-reluctance
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,295

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Sevens! nice! mind I ask how much that set you back?
    $185! 
    I traded a Pitt 2013 for a Sevens...

    Wow!
    I traded a Sevens for a 2003 Cincy. No regrets, since I never play 45s.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,974
    PJ_Soul said:

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Sevens! nice! mind I ask how much that set you back?
    $185! 
    I traded a Pitt 2013 for a Sevens...

    Wow!
    I traded a Sevens for a 2003 Cincy. No regrets, since I never play 45s.
    2003 Cincy is the best poster ever.  I have it as well and love it.  
  • garland09 said:
    mfc2006 said:

    All arrived today! $34 for the NY deluxe set! Wowza!! 
    Hell yes!
    Where did you score that NY deal?
    @garland09

    On eBay from "bincityliquidations" 

    Smooth transaction, fast shipping. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189

    Two good deliveries today!!
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 8,869
    edited January 16


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,974
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    Do you have a link?  I don’t see that version on Walmart.   I’ve been looking to update The Who with good versions.  I’d love the Classic ones but they are outrageous. Wondering if this happens to have the same master.  Chad Kassem is known to sell the rights to press.  I also don’t even see a recent version on Discogs so this might be brand new?
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 8,869


    Another I just picked up was this James Taylor Greatest Hits. I had been contemplating pre-ordering the MOFI 1-Step, but I read that this newer pressing was AAA. So I couldn't find any confirmation, but thought I would seek this one out and see what it sounded like. I have an original in VG+ condition, and this new pressing is exceptional. I'm not sure if this one is AAA, but if it isn't it sure sounds like it. It was cut by Bernie Grundman and pressed at Optimal in Germany. So this one has my endorsement for any James Taylor fans out there, and it has helped me make the decision to not buy the 1-Step.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    I would love to get this one. Mine is really old from the 80’s. And it is not in the best shape. Thanks. I will check it out. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 19,114
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    I would love to get this one. Mine is really old from the 80’s. And it is not in the best shape. Thanks. I will check it out. 
    I have the 2012 MOV on blue marbled vinyl. It sounds fantastic. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 8,869
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    I would love to get this one. Mine is really old from the 80’s. And it is not in the best shape. Thanks. I will check it out. 
    I have the 2012 MOV on blue marbled vinyl. It sounds fantastic. 
    That's it, just on black vinyl.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,974
    MedozK said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    I would love to get this one. Mine is really old from the 80’s. And it is not in the best shape. Thanks. I will check it out. 
    I have the 2012 MOV on blue marbled vinyl. It sounds fantastic. 
    That's it, just on black vinyl.
    Can you send me the link to where you got it? I can't find it on Walmart web
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 23,864

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 8,869
    edited January 16
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:


    Just got this MOV pressing from Wal-Mart for only $22. To me that is a steal for MOV releases. Well this one is VERY good, I know that MOV only cuts from Digital files, but this is done VERY well. I have an original DECCA (which is a little rough, would prolly say VG), a 2008 Record Industry pressing, and now this one. This one is now my go to version. All you have to listen to is "Love Ain't For Keeping" and "Behind Blue Eyes". Nice separation and air on this pressing, I will still hunt for a nice original to compare, but as of now this is it.

    One negative is the sleeve. Seems to me that most MOV releases don't have the best sleeves. This one is thin and for some reason they cropped the front image, makes it look blurry.
    I would love to get this one. Mine is really old from the 80’s. And it is not in the best shape. Thanks. I will check it out. 
    I have the 2012 MOV on blue marbled vinyl. It sounds fantastic. 
    That's it, just on black vinyl.
    Can you send me the link to where you got it? I can't find it on Walmart web
    I can't either now, all the ones I see now are $40+, some from outside sellers. It's weird how Walmart promotes 3rd party sellers.
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 2,111
    Idles - Crawler
    Soundgarden - King Animal
    Black Keys - Thickfreakness
    QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2

  • mfc2006mfc2006 HOU-->PDX-->KCPosts: 35,195
    Gibson said:
    Idles - Crawler
    Soundgarden - King Animal
    Black Keys - Thickfreakness
    QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze 
    That is a solid haul!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,406
    My mofi Blonde on Blonde vinyl finally shipped. They said UPS sent all of them to the wrong city and they had to wait to receive them before shipping out. Ouch. Can't wait to spin this one. My favorite Dylan album.
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,974
    pjpjpaul said:
    My mofi Blonde on Blonde vinyl finally shipped. They said UPS sent all of them to the wrong city and they had to wait to receive them before shipping out. Ouch. Can't wait to spin this one. My favorite Dylan album.
    From where did you order?  I went MOFI direct and had it well before Christmas.  

    Another note, I was in Audio Exchange the other day and they have added a lot of vinyl, all very high end (MOFI, AP, MOV, Tone Poet, etc.)  Now they price well when something is in stock, but for stuff out of stock, they raise the prices.  They had Blonde on Blonde for $119 as an example, Kind of Blue AP for $170.  

    Good news for me is that the one owner said if I bring him a few PJ blu rays, he'll give me 15% off on vinyl forevermore.  They give me pretty fat deals on my gear, but I have paid them lots of money.  
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,406
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    My mofi Blonde on Blonde vinyl finally shipped. They said UPS sent all of them to the wrong city and they had to wait to receive them before shipping out. Ouch. Can't wait to spin this one. My favorite Dylan album.
    From where did you order?  I went MOFI direct and had it well before Christmas.  

    Another note, I was in Audio Exchange the other day and they have added a lot of vinyl, all very high end (MOFI, AP, MOV, Tone Poet, etc.)  Now they price well when something is in stock, but for stuff out of stock, they raise the prices.  They had Blonde on Blonde for $119 as an example, Kind of Blue AP for $170.  

    Good news for me is that the one owner said if I bring him a few PJ blu rays, he'll give me 15% off on vinyl forevermore.  They give me pretty fat deals on my gear, but I have paid them lots of money.  
    Musicdirect.com
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,406
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    My mofi Blonde on Blonde vinyl finally shipped. They said UPS sent all of them to the wrong city and they had to wait to receive them before shipping out. Ouch. Can't wait to spin this one. My favorite Dylan album.
    From where did you order?  I went MOFI direct and had it well before Christmas.  

    Another note, I was in Audio Exchange the other day and they have added a lot of vinyl, all very high end (MOFI, AP, MOV, Tone Poet, etc.)  Now they price well when something is in stock, but for stuff out of stock, they raise the prices.  They had Blonde on Blonde for $119 as an example, Kind of Blue AP for $170.  

    Good news for me is that the one owner said if I bring him a few PJ blu rays, he'll give me 15% off on vinyl forevermore.  They give me pretty fat deals on my gear, but I have paid them lots of money.  
    Musicdirect.com
    Nice. I've only been there once or twice but it isn't too far from me so I'll have to check it out again. I have more freedom of movement now that my family caregiving duties have ended. 
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 24,666



    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 24,666
    My first vinyl from recycled vinyl scraps. IT FEELS LIKE IM HELPING THE PLANET BY SPINNING. 



    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • My first vinyl from recycled vinyl scraps. IT FEELS LIKE IM HELPING THE PLANET BY SPINNING. 



    Boss level green stewardship here folks! Nice! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 24,666
    edited January 20
    My first vinyl from recycled vinyl scraps. IT FEELS LIKE IM HELPING THE PLANET BY SPINNING. 



    Boss level green stewardship here folks! Nice! 
    Thought it would look more "crazy". Like a Pollockpainting or colorful puke. 

    It's just grey. But It works. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZPosts: 463

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
  • Preorder finally arrived. Figured now I should just delay actually listening to it for a month 




Sign In or Register to comment.