mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Two of these delivered today...image

Does it look anything like the mock up?
    Really nice record. I did the Pepsi challenge where I start the cd at the same time. Definitely a different lineage. Lots of depth to the record, hearing new strings, new chords on an album that I have heard a thousand times. And it pops without it just being 'louder'. I'm quite happy.
    I'm revoking this.. I played record 2 again last night at a much higher listening volume, after the kids went to bed. It has a 'fuzz' on the right channel, tweeter level at many points of the vinyl. It's not my system because I threw on another record and it was dead quiet. I emailed Amazon and they have none reserved. So it looks like I have to open my second record and return the first.

I'd love to hear from anyone that gets the splatter in the next few days, as to whether they hear distortion on record 2.

Received the Amazon press as well. My first vinyl is white with minimal splatter, second is red with slightly more splatter. Looks very nice.

I had it on in the background, but thought the first record sounded great: crisp, great separation for horns, very happy. I thought record 2 was good as well but I did notice some fuzz I think, especially early on side 3. I'll have to listen at a louder volume later this weekend.
    Thanks. Definitely interested to hear how it is. Frustrating.
    Ok, 2nd listen confirmed it. Record 1 is excellent. Record 2 has a "swoosh" type static through both sides C and D, seems right channel only. I can hear it, but most times it didn't inpact the overall sound too much, except on some quiet parts and between tracks. Kind of disappointing, but still a good sounding album. Wonder if this is present on all copies, splatter and black?
    Hmm, swoosh sound. Is the pressing off center. Does the needle rock back and forth as it plays?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

The Who - Who's Next

Steely Dan - Katy Lied

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

mfc2006 said:

My Morning Jacket--It Still Moves reissue. Excited to give this a spin!

It's sounds glorious! Enjoy
    Hell yes!! Wow!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Really nice record. I did the Pepsi challenge where I start the cd at the same time. Definitely a different lineage. Lots of depth to the record, hearing new strings, new chords on an album that I have heard a thousand times. And it pops without it just being 'louder'. I'm quite happy.
    I'm revoking this.. I played record 2 again last night at a much higher listening volume, after the kids went to bed. It has a 'fuzz' on the right channel, tweeter level at many points of the vinyl. It's not my system because I threw on another record and it was dead quiet. I emailed Amazon and they have none reserved. So it looks like I have to open my second record and return the first.

I'd love to hear from anyone that gets the splatter in the next few days, as to whether they hear distortion on record 2.

Received the Amazon press as well. My first vinyl is white with minimal splatter, second is red with slightly more splatter. Looks very nice.

I had it on in the background, but thought the first record sounded great: crisp, great separation for horns, very happy. I thought record 2 was good as well but I did notice some fuzz I think, especially early on side 3. I'll have to listen at a louder volume later this weekend.
    Ok, 2nd listen confirmed it. Record 1 is excellent. Record 2 has a "swoosh" type static through both sides C and D, seems right channel only. I can hear it, but most times it didn't inpact the overall sound too much, except on some quiet parts and between tracks. Kind of disappointing, but still a good sounding album. Wonder if this is present on all copies, splatter and black?
    Hmm, swoosh sound. Is the pressing off center. Does the needle rock back and forth as it plays?
    MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

No. I tested both the copies I purchased and it's the same. Needle is fine. My noise is static, same place on both versions. They are both going back. People with the black haven't complained so hopefully limited to this Splatter edition.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

No. I tested both the copies I purchased and it's the same. Needle is fine. My noise is static, same place on both versions. They are both going back. People with the black haven't complained so hopefully limited to this Splatter edition.

That's what's odd, since the splatter and the black version are the exact same lacquers.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

That's what's odd, since the splatter and the black version are the exact same lacquers.
    Could it make a difference that they were pressed at different weights? I'm guessing here, not an expert at all.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

I guess it isn't a swoosh so much as just a light static in the right channel. I do think it is weird that this apparently isn't present on the black, although I see more people talking about the splatter and less about black. I contacted Amazon and they actually refunded my money since there are no available replacements.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:

MedozK said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjpitt89 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

I guess it isn't a swoosh so much as just a light static in the right channel. I do think it is weird that this apparently isn't present on the black, although I see more people talking about the splatter and less about black. I contacted Amazon and they actually refunded my money since there are no available replacements.
    180 gram black is perfect. I bought it local and am happy with it. No fuzz, no distortion, no runs, no drips, no errors.

The two splatters are going back to Amazon.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo image_zpscutziztj.jpeg
  • Options

Nice haul!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Nice haul!
    Thanks - Three bucks a piece - cleaned and it's like they were never played - be patient friends - you will find great used records :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

mfc2006 said:

Nice haul!
    Thanks - Three bucks a piece - cleaned and it's like they were never played - be patient friends - you will find great used records :)
    $3 ain't bad especially for BAM since its 2 LPs. I got the aforementioned double Yes album for $7.99. All 4 are great albums and Darkness is my favorite from the boss.

Nothing tops Love Over Gold when it comes to DS, though. That's my favorite of theirs.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:

Radiohead - In Rainbows (Deluxe Edition).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Zep BBC Sessions up for preorder at Amazon, bullmoose, etc. Same format as their other recent reissues.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,409
    reesdog said:

So happy to find this, Wire's second album on vinyl and in great condition, this is a very special record and a must listen for anyone that's into post-punk music..

Second-hand:
    Reissue from 1985.

Awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Band of Horses--Why Are You Ok (Amazon edition; blue marble LP, cover signed by band!) Only $22!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    edited July 2016
    DMB-Crash-Black vinyl
    Rage-Evil Empire-MOV
    Radiohead-OK Cpu
    WS-Live in the Mississippi
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

DMB-Crash-Black vinyl
    Rage-Evil Empire-MOV
    Radiohead-OK Cpu

Very nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    '91 PJ X-Mas single
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413

'91 PJ X-Mas single

Score!
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    mfc2006 said:

RobbyD462 said:

DMB-Crash-Black vinyl
    Rage-Evil Empire-MOV
    Radiohead-OK Cpu

Very nice!
    Cheers bud it was a good day :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Suicide, self titled. What an amazing album. R.I.P. Alan Vega.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

mfc2006 said:

RobbyD462 said:

DMB-Crash-Black vinyl
    Rage-Evil Empire-MOV
    Radiohead-OK Cpu

Very nice!
    Cheers bud it was a good day :)
    Understatement!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Nice used copy of Clash - Combat Rock - $1
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    2012 reissue, used
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    New:

LCD Soundsystem ‎- London Sessions.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    edited July 2016
    DMB - Crash. Very rare to find a 90s album that's AAA. The hi hat on #41 is eye opening
    Post edited by ambst95 on
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    ambst95 said:

DMB - Crash. Very rare to find a 90s album that's AAA. The hi hat on #41 is eye opening

Did you get the splatter or the 180 black? Funny you mention the high hat. There's a lot of debate around about the unusual sound of that on 41. Some people speculate that it was digitized because it sounds out of place. I think there was just a mic right there and then pulled back and blended back in.

Either way, the Splatter sucked and the 180 is beautiful. It is a material improvement over the CD.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    What's wrong with the splatter version? I've listened to it twice now, sounds good to me.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit