After an amazing display of self-deprivation over the past few months:

Great albums!

2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, can't wait to get these! I have been drooling over them for months now, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    PJ_Soul said:

They're awesome! :)
    And now I'm just releasing pent up vinyl energy, and decided to grab this too:

Great choice PJ_Soul, such a good record and that has to be one of the best covers for an LP ever, sinister, yet funny.. You should check out some more of their albums, very consistent band.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

They're awesome! :)
    And now I'm just releasing pent up vinyl energy, and decided to grab this too:

Great choice PJ_Soul, such a good record and that has to be one of the best covers for an LP ever, sinister, yet funny.. You should check out some more of their albums, very consistent band.
    Haha, I actually decided I'd already spent enough on vinyl for one day, and cancelled this order and deleted that post. :tongue: I is a super great album, and I want it, but I've been trying to watch my wallet when it comes to vinyl lately (it's even a NY's resolution!) and despite how good I've been in the past few months, I felt that 3 in one day was too much! I will re-order it soon enough though, lol. (fuck, my ongoing VINYL STRUGGLE is just so evident in this thread. :lol: )
    Oh, and I've REALLY got my eye on Brian Eno's Here Come the Warm Jets, and I think a really good original NM copy of that will cost me a fair bit - not insane, but still a lot - so I thought I'd better save a little bit for that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Maybe this should be a support group for vinyl addicts?
  • Options
    Well that sucks, you cancelled it?! Fuck NY resolutions I say, no one ever sticks to them..
  • Options

It is already, we support each other by saying... "Great record there!" Etc.. :)
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,660

PJ_Soul said:

After an amazing display of self-deprivation over the past few months:

Great albums!

That Hansard album is sexy.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    PJ_Soul said:

does anyone know the official version of Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA??? The number of bootlegs available is unreal

You can find that info here: http://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Songs-For-The-Deaf/master/3239

:)

I have the official red limited ed one by Ipecac (IPC-41, which is a misprint; it was supposed to be IPC-43). Love this album! Although I really could do without the radio bits. I think it would be a better albums with just the music. The radio parts are distracting and unnecessary IMO.
    Liquored all Elastic ass in chino hills....
    I need a saga!

Love it!

Can do without the womb though lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    New:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    On white vinyl.

Great album! Goes straight into my top 2 Wilco records with A Ghost Is Born, love the white vinyl too. Wilco always do vinyl correct.
  • Options
    ^^^ It's a very good album! I'm not actually much of a Wilco fan generally - I find a lot of it too country for my taste - but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and now Star Wars are exception for me. Both excellent.
  • Options
    reesdog said:

It is already, we support each other by saying... "Great record there!" Etc.. :)
    Haha, right! You can't quit vinyl, so dealing with a vinyl addiction is hard. It's like food addiction. You still NEED to eat and at the same time figure out how to control the necessary consumption. It's not easy! :lol:
  • Options
    reesdog said:

Well that sucks, you cancelled it?! Fuck NY resolutions I say, no one ever sticks to them..

Yeah, but just put in my first bid for that Eno album on ebay..... =)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

Haha, right! You can't quit vinyl, so dealing with a vinyl addiction is hard. It's like food addiction. You still NEED to eat and at the same time figure out how to control the necessary consumption. It's not easy! :lol:
    Well said!

• Options
    Oh dear. I forgot about the Ben Folds reissue of Rockin' the Suburbs. Okay, pre-ordered that one too! REALLY excited about it! I can't believe I have to wait until the beginning of March to get it!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh dear. I forgot about the Ben Folds reissue of Rockin' the Suburbs. Okay, pre-ordered that one too! REALLY excited about it! I can't believe I have to wait until the beginning of March to get it!

Ha! So much for the controlling of your vinyl habit eh?

• Options
    reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha! So much for the controlling of your vinyl habit eh?

• Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    st
    PJ_Soul said:

does anyone know the official version of Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA??? The number of bootlegs available is unreal

You can find that info here: http://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Songs-For-The-Deaf/master/3239

:)

I have the official red limited ed one by Ipecac (IPC-41, which is a misprint; it was supposed to be IPC-43). Love this album! Although I really could do without the radio bits. I think it would be a better albums with just the music. The radio parts are distracting and unnecessary IMO.
    ...another official album I won't pay for :(
  • Options
    My test pressing signed and limited album signed. Very happy to own these.
    photo 9b08bbb3-6069-4406-89a9-6a2bbcf80df3_zpsvlcanvx4.jpg
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777

My test pressing signed and limited album signed. Very happy to own these.
    photo 9b08bbb3-6069-4406-89a9-6a2bbcf80df3_zpsvlcanvx4.jpg

Nice additions!

Just got Father John live at Rough Trade records and Zeppelin Coda 3lp
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Merkinball 45 - that little bastard packs a mean wallop!!!!
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I caved on The Beatles In Mono box and bought a slightly used copy, and thought "what the hell?" better make it the whole set and added Yellow Submarine, Abbey Rd and Let It Be.

Also got the Black Crowes reissues and The Band's Music From Big Pink MoFi pressing.

Next on the list is a tt upgrade.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I caved on The Beatles In Mono box and bought a slightly used copy, and thought "what the hell?" better make it the whole set and added Yellow Submarine, Abbey Rd and Let It Be.

Also got the Black Crowes reissues and The Band's Music From Big Pink MoFi pressing.

Nice, what turntable are you thinking on?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

OOH! Which Eno?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

OOH! Which Eno?
    Here Come The Warm Jets. The best one! (IMO) =)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    reesdog said:

DewieCox said:

Nice, what turntable are you thinking on?
    I'm thinking a Pro-next Debut Carbon, but I'm open to suggestions and pointers.

Also....coupon code Jan1650 for 25% at ccmusic....tons of good vinyl and music DVDs/blurays
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    Toadies "Heretics" arrived today.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    reesdog said:

So you're basically saying that we're all enablers then?

My name is ____ and I have a vinyl problem! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Yeah, nobody says, hey dummy, that record sucks. Stop buying records!!! :rofl: